Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1617181920 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 1:00am
Originally posted by rurchan

Even without Westbrook, OKC is having their way with Houston. Everyone thought it was over for OKC and I'll admit so did I. Durant is on fire, prob cuz he knows he has to make up for Westbrook's points now

I think losing Westbrook basically costs them any chance of winning it all. They just couldn't compete against the Heat without their full strength squad
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 1:24am
Damn Nate Robinson carrying the bulls with the last qtr surge to send to triple ot and then stealing the W. Way to step up. Can't help but root for the guy.

And Indy just couldn't buy a bucket all night! Could swing in atl favour.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 3:41am

i cant believe the nets let that one get away!

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 6:53am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Even without Westbrook, OKC is having their way with Houston. Everyone thought it was over for OKC and I'll admit so did I. Durant is on fire, prob cuz he knows he has to make up for Westbrook's points now

I think losing Westbrook basically costs them any chance of winning it all. They just couldn't compete against the Heat without their full strength squad

I agree, I do not think they would have beaten Miami with him.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 10:10am
^ Clearly having Westbrook would give OKC the best chance to beat Miami, but Miami beat them pretty soundly last year with him, and Miami has only gotten better.  True, that was last year, but Miami has been on another level, and the having all these top-notch role players makes them a tough out.  Oh right, and they have Lebron James.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Geez

^ Clearly having Westbrook would give OKC the best chance to beat Miami, but Miami beat them pretty soundly last year with him, and Miami has only gotten better.  True, that was last year, but Miami has been on another level, and the having all these top-notch role players makes them a tough out.  Oh right, and they have Lebron James.

you act like all the other teams stayed the same or got worse and miami was the only one who got better. Yes, you're right ... that was last year
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 12:43pm

celtics live another day, jr will back next game though so it will be all over after game 5.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 6:55pm
man, Tony Parker flops like crazy!! check out  http://www.nba.com/games/20130428/SASLAL/gameinfo.html

1:28, look at the contact he makes on this drive, after the contact he flops like CRAZY!!
2:10 this is just stupid. Slow motion/close up at 2:16. He yells and falls down and Gasol barely touches him. ugh, I hate bballers that have to flop
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 3:28am
Lakers in and out in 4 games, Bucks in and out in 4 games. Celtics lucky not to get swept. The first round of playoffs is such a drag
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 3:39am
Curry is on fire in the playoffs. He's got crazy range. 3-1 warriors. F yeah.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 4:25am
some of those shots the warriors are hitting is just ridiculous, they keep shooting at such a high percentage as well. this series has been the biggest surprise of the playoffs for me so far, i expected the nuggets to run away with it and that was when lee was healthy, now theyre killing it even without him on the court.  i know its not quite over yet but the nuggets looks like theyve run out of answers.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 4:35am

you act like all the other teams stayed the same or got worse and miami was the only one who got better. Yes, you're right ... that was last year

Pretty sure my post mentioned two teams and only two teams.  I never mentioned "all the other teams."  Last year in the finals, OKC had Westbrook and Harden, two top-10/15 players.  This year in the playoffs:  No Westbrook or Harden.  Kevin Martin does not make up for that loss.  I would say just based on that, they are not as good.

Of course the Knicks got better, and the Spurs are always a threat.  Otherwise, Miami got Ray Allen and had a 27-game winning streak ... what other team improved to the point where they can seriously challenge Miami?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 5:15am
D12 ejection just says it all about the lakers season.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Von44

D12 ejection just says it all about the lakers season.

A guy at work this morning already said if kobe was playing they would have won the sieres.  All i could say was "dude... just, stop."
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by solocreep

Curry is on fire in the playoffs. He's got crazy range. 3-1 warriors. F yeah.

steph is just too hot right now. When the series started I seriously didn't think we'd be able to get to this position. Especially after D-lee went down. BOGUT THO. this is what ive been waiting from him ALL SEASON. I think mark jackson kinda kept him under utilized so he could amaze people that he's still in form in the playoffs. secret weapon status
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 1:05pm
I'm a Laker fan and even I am getting tired a little of ppl keep on saying "if we had Kobe ..."
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 1:21pm
They would have still gotten smoked even with Kobe
MOAR powderz plz!
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 1:29pm
^Laker fans always looking for some kind of excuse for LA not advancing to playoffs, thats just blaming Lebron James for not winning the Cavaliers a championship ring,Kobe is still a human being the team moral was probably not 100% due to the fact he was out,it takes a entire team not just expect one player to do all the work they put a good game,but it wasn't just enough against the Spurs.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 3:31pm
<--- Happy to see the Lakers get blown out of the playoffs.  Bunch of overpaid whiny bitches... wait a minute, that describes 95% of the NBA.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 4:29pm
i had both dwight and pau in my fantasy team so i took a big hit after that loss but it was still good to see them get swept.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 5:20pm
I had Kobe and Nicolas Batum. Luckily I was so far ahead of the res of my league that I still took first. Reggie Evans was a nice addition to my team along with Spencer Hawes
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 7:30am
Originally posted by madsnake

i had both dwight and pau in my fantasy team so i took a big hit after that loss but it was still good to see them get swept.

wait..your fantasy team goes into the playoffs? so you have to pick players that would go far into the playoffs...wow..
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 9:14am

With the NBA relocation committee recommending that the Kings stay in Sacto, can we just all agree that the Charlotte Bobcats experiment is not working and move the team to Seattle?

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 9:42am

With the NBA relocation committee recommending that the Kings stay in Sacto, can we just all agree that the Charlotte Bobcats experiment is not working and move the team to Seattle?

I think the recommendation was expected since there's also a strong offer to keep the team in Sacramento and to build a new arena, espcially with the prospective majority owner being from India. The NBA would love to expand their sphere of influcent/business to a country with billions of people. Can you imagine a mob of people in New Delhi wearing Kings jerseys? Clap
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 3:34pm
Let's go Nuggets!!!  I can't believe they went down 3-1.  But they are looking good right now in the first quarter!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Originally posted by madsnake

wait..your fantasy team goes into the playoffs? so you have to pick players that would go far into the playoffs...wow..

no, we started another one just for the playoffs. it was an auto picked draft with unlimited trades before the first game started but then youre limiited to 5 throughout the whole playoffs series so theres a bit of strategy involved trying to guess whos going to go far and get you points at the same time.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 6:16pm
Warriors played terrible for most of todays game. We made a couple of pushes but we just couldn't stop the nuggets today and AI was too good. Not quite sure why we didn't have Bogut in for our last push but its okay. Take it back home and hopefully get the job done on Thursday!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by cheemaster

Warriors played terrible for most of todays game. We made a couple of pushes but we just couldn't stop the nuggets today and AI was too good. Not quite sure why we didn't have Bogut in for our last push but its okay. Take it back home and hopefully get the job done on Thursday!

I wasn't expecting Denver to lose at home.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 8:45pm
I saw the Denver game till about the 3rd qtr, assumed they were gonna win. They seemed pretty good today and varied was looking pretty good also
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 3:04am
Warriors coach calling out players for foul play on Curry. Don't know that there was that much in it but the attempted trip looked a little untoward. 
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 4:29am
^I agree.  I think the trip went a little far, but otherwise, I think Denver is just trying to make Curry uncomfortable because he was on fire.  Let's not forget that Mark Jackson played on those Knicks and Pacers teams that weren't exactly finesse.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 7:50am
The Nuggets clamping down on Curry is just playoffs defense guys...nothing to see here. LOL
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 8:15am

^I agree.  I think the trip went a little far, but otherwise, I think Denver is just trying to make Curry uncomfortable because he was on fire.  Let's not forget that Mark Jackson played on those Knicks and Pacers teams that weren't exactly finesse.

That is exactly how you have to play it too to get past the Warriors.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 12:00pm
Wait, so they were trying to trip Curry to get him off his game. I guess I gotta see Curry's highlights
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 8:40pm

i dont think they were hard fouls. curry has been on fire so of course youre going to rough him up a little bit, you cant let him think he can just make easy baskets the whole night, youve gotta get him out of that comfort zone and thats the only way youre going to slow him down when hes playing the way he is. 

Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 4:50am

A little surprised OKC and NYK having problems closing out their series.  I guess you can chalk it up to Westbrook getting hurt, or the Celtics having too much pride.  I still expect the favorites to pull it out, but more games teams have to play in the playoffs, the more worn down they get as they proceed.

LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 5:21am
With the injuries, this is really opening up the Western Conference.  I had thought that OKC was going to come out of the West and maybe get some competition from the Clippers.  I thought the talent would get to the aging Spurs.  But now I find this real interesting that almost any team still in it in the West could win.  I'll take out Houston, since I think they are getting finished off, but that leaves 6 teams that could take it.  

And I'm glad.  The playoff story lines would be pretty boring if it was just going to be Miami out of the East and a weak Western conference playoffs.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 8:48am

A little surprised OKC and NYK having problems closing out their series.  I guess you can chalk it up to Westbrook getting hurt, or the Celtics having too much pride.  I still expect the favorites to pull it out, but more games teams have to play in the playoffs, the more worn down they get as they proceed.

It'll be bad if Knicks dont close it out in game six....Losing 3 straight won't be good going into game 7...
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 10:16am
knicks got too cocky..wearing black suits to the game..they thought they were going to take the game just by showing up..so they didn't play hard and lost...but..at the end, why does any of this matter? none of these teams can beat miami in a 7-game series...
the west is more interesting. the thunder losing westbrook made them vulnerable and even the rockets are competing with them. denver lost gallinari and gave the warriors a chance to beat them, especially with curry playing like a superstar. i'm most surprised at the clippers/memphis series. i thought the clippers would blow the griz out pretty easily..but marc gasol has been unstoppable, inside and outside. zach randolph and conley have been good too. if blake griffin's injury takes him out of game 6, memphis is moving on...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 12:12pm

knicks dresssed in black was ridiculous, its the first round of the playoffs! (i know you havent made it out of there in a while but come on, seriously)

grizz should take game 6. even if griffin does suit up, hes not going to be at full strength and i dont see him playing a lot of minutes so randolph will go wild again with him not on the floor. the only thing that will save the clippers is if cp3 goes absolutely crazy. 

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 12:41pm
Would love nothing more than to see celts come back to take the series after that cocky move.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by lightning80

I think the recommendation was expected since there's also a strong offer to keep the team in Sacramento and to build a new arena, espcially with the prospective majority owner being from India. The NBA would love to expand their sphere of influcent/business to a country with billions of people. Can you imagine a mob of people in New Delhi wearing Kings jerseys? Clap

my buddy from Sac failed to mention that ... makes a lot of sense
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 2:39pm
Warriors going for the upset tonight. If they lose tonight, I doubt they'll win in Denver. MUST WIN TONIGHT!!!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 3:28pm

yeah i think youre right.

it will be interesting to see if the bulls can close it out at home today. i thing deng is out but noah is looking a lot better lately and boozer has been playing well so it should be a good game.

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Warriors going for the upset tonight. If they lose tonight, I doubt they'll win in Denver. MUST WIN TONIGHT!!!

Fuck yeah! GO GSW! Lookin forward to seein more of Klay Thompson! Rock the west coast, baby!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 8:51pm

they should have never won that game, very lucky. you shouldnt be able to turn the ball over that many times and still win. if it wasnt for the nuggets woeful shooting (both fg and at the line) they wouldve blown it.... but it doesnt matter how you win, a win is a win and now theyre through to the next round. the spurs will make them pay if they turn the ball over like that again though.

i wonder if lee will actually be able to play minutes in the next round, i still cant believe he made it out there, that was pretty amazing. bogut was an absolute beast tonight too.  

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 9:29pm
Espn is talking about Durant's backcourt touches and points increase from Game 1/2 compared to 3&4. And they still didnt win, so they're pretty much saying he can't make up for Westbrook
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 11:47pm
Warriors getting it done, so happy to see Bogut playing well. Grabbed 14pts, 21 boards and 4 blocks. Hopefully he stays healthy and gets back to his best
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 1:21am
Seriously, warriors didn't deserve to win tonight after what they did in the 4th quarter. Nuggets couldnt finish the opportunities that were given to them. If the warriors kept up what they did in the 3rd then they deserved to win. Overall, it was just a terrible game. Terrible officiating, terrible play by both sides. but im so glad that we pulled this one off and came out with the win. And I'm not even sure about David lee, part of it was just for momentum's sake. He didn't look terrible out there. I just don't want him to ruin his career for this.... Not sure how his injury is but just saying. Spurs next, i'd love to prove people wrong, but it's gonna be tough to get past the spurs.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 3:42am
Not deserve a win? Are you serious? You're talking a bout a team that has 3 rookies in the rotation. They're not gonna be perfect. Green kept them in the game at the end. Even tho that last 5 minutes was the worst basketball ever, a win is a win. And that is a hell of a learning experience that can only help them moving forward.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 33>