Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2425262728 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Online
  Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 10:48am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I would like to see howard and paul together.  Who is the lucky team that gets them?

If Stern wasn't a huge cock-mongrel, they'd already be on the same team in LA.

Apparently Igoudala is going to opt out of the final year of his contract. Yet another blow to Denver.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 12:43pm
great game from the big three, first time they have all contributed like that in the whole playoffs, it was pretty to watch. now to go back to back, im still sticking with heat in 6.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

I would like to see howard and paul together.  Who is the lucky team that gets them?

Apparently Igoudala is going to opt out of the final year of his contract. Yet another blow to Denver.
Exactly, the playoffs would have been a lot more fun to watch if Stern didn't screw over the Lakers. Clippers would be no ones still and there wouldn't be as many bandwagoners at the Clippers games. It totally changed the NBA for the next 10 yrs in multiple ways
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by madsnake

great game from the big three, first time they have all contributed like that in the whole playoffs, it was pretty to watch. now to go back to back, im still sticking with heat in 6.
I agree, this is the first time the three from miami, they don't even deserve to be called "the big three", that they've played well together. Hopefully they don't get use to this and they end up having a bad game the next 2 games :-)
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 5:44am
Originally posted by rurchan

Exactly, the playoffs would have been a lot more fun to watch if Stern didn't screw over the Lakers. Clippers would be no ones still and there wouldn't be as many bandwagoners at the Clippers games. It totally changed the NBA for the next 10 yrs in multiple ways

I so quickly forget about these things.  Really an unbelievable move to stop that move, and for Stern to have the power to be playing Risk with NBA franchises.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 5:42pm
I don't even see how he should have been able to make such a monumental move like that to stop a trade so big. Apparently it didn't matter cuz all the other teams were glad he did it cuz it benefitted everyone else too
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 10:05am
What is all this talk about Celtics and Clippers trying to make a trade. Is Doc Rivers and Garnett really that good? I don't think Blake is that good, even though he seems really nice.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 5:22am
I expect the heat to come out bangin tonight. Wade and Lebron with big games but they gotta get in the paint rather than settling for the mid jumpers and bad shots. Lets see how far their egos will take them.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 8:00am
^^ Agreed. Heat take Game 6, due to desperation and being at home.

Game 7? I have no idea..
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by magichc

What is all this talk about Celtics and Clippers trying to make a trade. Is Doc Rivers and Garnett really that good? I don't think Blake is that good, even though he seems really nice.

If the Clippers get their way, they would have Doc Rivers as coach, KG and Dwight Howard (trading Blake Griffin to Lakers) in the middle, plus CP3 on the outside. That's a pretty good "big 3" and an upgrade from this past season. But KG is only good for a couple more years so they're trying to win very quickly. CP3 and Howard are both young though. So, they're also building for a future at the same time.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 1:04pm
I think KG might not even be good for a whole season.  I think he is a good teammate and would be a great veteran presence, even though I lot of people criticize him.

Spurs finishing it off tonight.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 6:51pm
OMG this game is frickin exciting. finally a close game at the end.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 7:50pm
Most nerve racking game I've seen in a long time.

Spurs went for broke and I think that just ruined their chances of winning game 7 with their key players logging in a ton of minutes. I can't believe they choked
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 1:36am
Holy crap! Jesus Shuttlesworth with a clutch 3! And Bosh does absolutely nothing all year but comes up with the two biggest blocks of his career! I still hate him but could've very well sunk the spurs. Not to mention once again all the bs calls in favour of Heat and everything against the spurs. Well it's winner take all now.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 4:29am
Damn that was a good ending to a game, thought for sure the Heat was done when the Spurs went up by 5. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 7:26am
The blatan non-called fouls gave the Heat the win. The Heat fans who left early and tried to re-enter the arena when the Heat started to come back just shows how the Heat fans are just bandwagon fans.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 7:28am
Originally posted by lightning80

The blatan non-called fouls gave the Heat the win. The Heat fans who left early and tried to re-enter the arena when the Heat started to come back just shows how the Heat fans are just bandwagon fans.

Figured the refs would hand the game to the Heat. David Stern needs to milk the ratings for all he can Angry
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 7:37am
^ South Beach, you can't expect them to be true fans.  The best part is security did not allow them back in.

How about the classy broad who was flipping off Chicago's Noah in the previous round?  Stay classy, Miami.

Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 7:40am
Originally posted by sideways99

How about the classy broad who was flipping off Chicago's Noah in the previous round?  Stay classy, Miami.

She sure is classy haha

magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 7:44am

Figured the refs would hand the game to the Heat. David Stern needs to milk the ratings for all he can Angry

That's exactly what it is. Obvious no calls helping the Heat. Stern gets more money if he keeps the heat the champions
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 8:02am

If the Clippers get their way, they would have Doc Rivers as coach, KG and Dwight Howard (trading Blake Griffin to Lakers) in the middle, plus CP3 on the outside. That's a pretty good "big 3" and an upgrade from this past season. But KG is only good for a couple more years so they're trying to win very quickly. CP3 and Howard are both young though. So, they're also building for a future at the same time.

Lakers shot all trades down so far. Blake isn't that good, they would never give away Howard for him. Miami has bandwagon fans, everyone knows that. Last night just proved that. Plus u have to be a very big bandwagon fan if ur leaving a Finals game 6 game early. It's a huge game, very expensive, and u still leave early? Apparently u don't care that much. I'm glad all those ppl that got stuck outside feel stupid and pissed. Oh well, they deserved it. Just sucks Miami was given the game with no calls against them
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 8:52am

Lakers shot all trades down so far. Blake isn't that good, they would never give away Howard for him. Miami has bandwagon fans, everyone knows that. Last night just proved that. Plus u have to be a very big bandwagon fan if ur leaving a Finals game 6 game early. It's a huge game, very expensive, and u still leave early? Apparently u don't care that much. I'm glad all those ppl that got stuck outside feel stupid and pissed. Oh well, they deserved it. Just sucks Miami was given the game with no calls against them

Howard is a free agent.  The deal with the Clips would have been a sign and trade.

The Clips were trying to get Doc Rivers as their coach, but the Celtics kept asking for too much so the deal fell through. 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 9:56am
I thought Howard isn't a free agent YET, which means Lakers can trade him for other players. I thought there was a deadline where he is still owned by the Lakers, or something. I dunno
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 10:49am
Tough to decide which conspiracy theory about Stern to comment on for this thread.

I gotta say, the refs missed calls, but San Antonio made the mistakes that made them lose that game.  I can't believe the took Duncan out when rebounding has been their biggest advantage over the Heat this playoffs.  I am very nervous about game 7.

jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 11:47am
I hate to say it but no way the Spurs come back to win after that horrible loss...that was their chance.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 11:53am
There is a way.  I agree that game 6, up 12 going into 4th quarter.  They should have locked that down and headed home for their parade.  But I think they will let go of this one and come in ready.  I see another close game on the horizon.  It is just too bad they gave all that confidence to the heat when it was so low at half.  Both teams have the intelligence and talent to win a game 7.  Heat just has momentum and Lebron.  

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 12:40pm

I thought Howard isn't a free agent YET, which means Lakers can trade him for other players. I thought there was a deadline where he is still owned by the Lakers, or something. I dunno

you are correct, technically, the players are still under contract until free agency begins, which doesn't start until after the draft, which starts on 6/27/13. i might be wrong, but i believe the official date that free agents can start signing new contracts is 7/1/13. so, until then, they're still part of the their old teams and can be traded. the problem is that the new team will need a guarantee that the player will sign a new contract after the trade so they don't trade for a player that won't sign a contract. that's why there is the use of the sign and trade.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 1:20pm

Tough to decide which conspiracy theory about Stern to comment on for this thread.

I gotta say, the refs missed calls, but San Antonio made the mistakes that made them lose that game.  I can't believe the took Duncan out when rebounding has been their biggest advantage over the Heat this playoffs.  I am very nervous about game 7.

What you people need to understand is that there is no rebounding if Heat makes their 3's. Pop took him out cuz he wanted all the players to be able to switch and Diaw is faster than Duncan. Pop wanted all his guys to be able to defend against the 3 pointer.
There are a lot more angles to sports than the most obvious one that everyone tries to the blame the coach on.
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 1:30pm
LMAO......refs missed calls?! 

Total fouls called for the series is Spurs 91 vs Heat 123. That is a whopping 32 extra calls the Spurs are getting and they still can't capitalize. If anybody has a right to complain about the blatant non called fouls its the Heat players. Allen stripped the ball clean from Ginobili and Bosh had a clean block on Green. Only the Spurs are to blame for their meltdown. 

As far as conspiracy goes the NBA brought out the stage, Larry O'brien trophy and was ready to crown the Spurs as the champs when they were up 5 pts with 28 secs left in the game. I guess Stern didn't get the memo about game 7 Confused

Any other excuses for the Spurs choking?!

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 3:48pm
A whopping 32 extra calls the Spurs are getting or a whopping 32 more fouls the Heat are committing?
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 3:50am
I think the Ray Allen / Ginobli no-call was okay considering Ginobli clearly traveled (and Allen cleary fouled him).  The no-call on the Bosh foul on Green at the end of the game was a little more blatant.  It's a lot easier to block a shot if you plow into the person with your momentum.

That said - Spurs get away with some stuff too -- the Kawhi Leonard dunk involved an elbow to Miller's face (no call) being one example.  Doesn't change the fact that I am excited about the game tonight.  See who can push though the fatigue and execute.

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 3:52am
foul, schmoul. James is either gonna get the credit for the win or blame for the loss tonight.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 6:00am
to magichc's point, I was disregarding the connection between giving up rebounds versus giving up clearer looks from 3.  I suppose in a pick-your-poison choice, you are going to try to prevent the shot from going in.

tk177 on the other hand, you are just losing your mind in your support for the heat.  I understand the argument that the refs should swallow their whistle in those situations, or Ginobli traveled anyway, or missed calls happened all game and not just at the end against the spurs.  But to say that fouls aren't fouls just seems like you have blinders up.  Surprised you aren't from Miami.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 6:05am
^^ The best thing for the Heat would be to get 10-15 points up quickly, so then the Spurs have to play catch up the rest of the night.  Even though both teams have proven that they can (and do!) go on 10-2 or 15-5 runs regularly, if the Heat can just hold steady, down the back stretch of the game the Spurs will have to go to the outside.  Now you can pick the poison, and as long as you counter with 2s on the offensive end, garding 3s makes a lot of sence.

-- that's a lot of what if's i know, but it's a gameplan on how to defend.

/ my gut feeling though is to defend the 2s down low.  you KNOW that duncan and the inside presance is going to get it done... game 7 pressure can crack a long range shot.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 6:49am
I saw a graphic on TV of the Spurs games after an OT loss for the last couple years, each one of them ended with a 10+ pts win the next game. Coupled that with the Heat playing game 7 on their home court. It's going to be a great battle tonight.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 7:06am
TMac is getting his ring tonight!!
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 7:47am
^probably not in the manner he wants to.

T-8 hours until I am in front of the TV.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 6:55pm
as predicted, james headlines as Miami wins
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 9:46pm
Not surprised spurs lost. They gave up the championship in game 6. Some of them probably already celebrated in their heads
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Geez

I think the Ray Allen / Ginobli no-call was okay considering Ginobli clearly traveled (and Allen cleary fouled him).  The no-call on the Bosh foul on Green at the end of the game was a little more blatant.  It's a lot easier to block a shot if you plow into the person with your momentum.

That said - Spurs get away with some stuff too -- the Kawhi Leonard dunk involved an elbow to Miller's face (no call) being one example.  Doesn't change the fact that I am excited about the game tonight.  See who can push though the fatigue and execute.

Kawhi's dunk is different. There are too many times to count when Lebrun or griffin push off of people while dunking and get away with it
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 10:17pm

Not surprised spurs lost. They gave up the championship in game 6. Some of them probably already celebrated in their heads

you can't say no surprise! BOTH games 6/7 could've gone either way!
even game 7 went STRAIGHT DOWN to the wire...TD's probably gonna think about that lay up for a looooooooooooooong time...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 1:21am
Agreed. It was pretty much a coin toss these last two games. Spurs just weren't able to close it out and Miami capitalized. It's still a very long way before he should be compared to MJ.

Manu needs to retire; he was just awful!!! Sure Lebron and the heat were great but Ginobli had a huge part in handing them the game. How many turnovers was that??? And who were you passing to??? Just useless in the last two games.
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 1:44am
CHECKMATE!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

"HATE NOW!!!"

sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 8:14am
Originally posted by tk177

CHECKMATE!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

"HATE NOW!!!"

I hate LeBron.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 8:21am
It was a very hard-faught game for both teams. Spurs dared Lebron to take the jumpshots and he made them. That's the right strategy though, so I'm not going to fault Pop.

Manu was hard to watch, especially near the end. Looking away before catching a pass, then throwing the ball to nobody when he was double teamed. Those were two costly turnovers. I thought that Parker should have been handling the ball more and probably could have made a difference. I have a feeling Manu will not be re-signed by the Spurs because of this post-season performance.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 9:02am
^ I agree... both teams fought hard, and if Duncan hits that gimme, it's a tie game with under a minute to go.  Battier got hot, Green went cold, and Lebron hit his jumpshots.  Sometimes, that is all it is. 

It was a great series to watch as a fan because it really was the two best teams neck and neck until the final 30 seconds of Game 7.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 11:57am
Once Battier was hitting, I knew it was going to be hard for the Spurs to win.  But they were in it until the end.  I do wish it wasn't so sloppy though.  Too many "what if" questions.
ijustchillin View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ijustchillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 12:31pm
sounds like it was a good game. was too busy at work to watch the game. hopefully i'll be able to catch the highlights tonight.
limk43 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote limk43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 12:35pm
the only highlight you need to see:

http://i.minus.com/ibnYzLPrWR2nLf.gif
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 12:42pm
There were many highlights, but still, nothing like game 6 in my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 33>