Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2728293031 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 7:17am
Who is brad Stevens and what is tankapalooza?
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 7:59am
I can't wait to see D Rose play, he said that he's never been so focused before practicing. I'm over talking about Dwight, i doubt he's staying in LA and if he does. Good I guess, too bad Lakers threw away so much money getting the right coach and they ended up with a crappy one with no money
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 3:15pm

looks like charlotte have managed to pick up al jefferson. very good move.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Geez

Shaw is going to the Nuggets.  He finally gets a chance to be the head coach after putting in a lot of time as an assistant with Phil.  He's also been interviewed a lot and was passed over a bunch (including recently by the Clips / Nets for Doc / Kidd, respectively).  Interested to see if he can get Denver over the hump.

I wondered how the players first reacted about Shaw becoming their head coach, too bad we'll never know
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 4:57am
it's weird with shaw...he must interview really poorly because all these coaches and reporters speak the world of him as a coach and then he could never land a job. maybe he makes a terrible first impression. i hated him as a player but he was a solid pro with the heat and magic so maybe he'll be the same as a coach.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 6:42am
Originally posted by magichc

Who is brad Stevens and what is tankapalooza?
Brad Stephens is the former coach of Butler.  He took the team to back-to-back NCAA finals. 
Tankapalooza refers to the Celtics likely "tanking" or constructing a team that will lose a lot of games so that they get a good draft pick.

Interested to see what happens with Rondo.  If he comes back healthy, he might be worth a few extra wins that they don't want.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 7:20am
Reports stating Lakers think Howard is most likely to Bolt...sign and trade with Warriors makes sense...Bogut is expiring contract and if they could get a stud like Thompson then they improve their team...and will be in a great position in 2014.  Sign and trade with Houston makes less sense cuz they do not have expiring contracts and the talent coming back is not really interesting.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by milutinho

it's weird with shaw...he must interview really poorly because all these coaches and reporters speak the world of him as a coach and then he could never land a job. maybe he makes a terrible first impression. i hated him as a player but he was a solid pro with the heat and magic so maybe he'll be the same as a coach.

Shaw has turned down at least one offer before because it was a crappy team and he said he wanted to have a chance at a Championship. Pretty much meant he wanted a good team to coach. So he was picky with his job offers also which was smart of him
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 12:05pm
Iguodala just reached a deal with GSW so I'm assuming that D12 shouldn't be that far behind to join too
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by tk177

Iguodala just reached a deal with GSW so I'm assuming that D12 shouldn't be that far behind to join too
That may have blown up cap space.  no room for dwighty.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 1:21pm
USA Today is saying Dwighty has chosen the Rockets.

/ back to your regularly scheduled internetting.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 1:35pm
i don't know how picky Shaw was coming to a place that had a very good regular season and the coach of the year only to lose in the first round of the playoffs...also losing Iguodala (personally im not a fan) who is one of there better players will also make it more difficult. i think Karl got the most out that team and I can't see how Shaw will help them more.

i also haven't heard him turning a job down, but i have heard of him consistently being in the mix for a job only for another coach to be hired...now i don't know many coaches (looking for there first pro head coaching gig) that interview and then turn the position down.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 3:33pm
im just glad the warriors finally got rid of Biedrins
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 4:03pm
i really think houston are going to end up with both howard and smith.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 4:16pm
Asik certainly looks like he is out of town.  I just hope the Sixers don't take him with the Hinkie-Rockets connection (they just took Royce White).  Sixers need to lose lose lose.
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 4:57pm
Well I guess nothing is official until D12 signs the paperwork. It seems he has changed his mind about goin to HOU yet again. This guy is a freaking joke!!!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 6:13pm

basically a done deal now, just needs to sign. expecting the next announcement to be smith and if they manage tp pull that off, thats one hell of a team.

so many trades happening - mayo has gone to the bucks. calderon to the mavs. millsap to the hawks.

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 6:30pm
which is why I don't buy jerseys anymore. seems like they'll split with the team after a few years. jerseys will then be half price
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

Even though we were still tryna get Dwight, I'm so excited about our lineup now. I don't really even want Dwight. Iggy one of my favorite players, so glad he moved to the warriors. lets get it
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 10:14pm

Dwight picked Rockets, Lakers better have had a back up plan or their screwed. Supposedly Pau is center and resign Earl Clark.
tk177 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tk177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 1:02am
D12 will change his mind again until official signing day.....nothing is concrete with that guy.

As far as Kobe chasing 6 rings, he can keep on chasing 6 because he will NOT get it. He is probably the reason why his teammates want to leave LA; Earl Clark has already agreed on 2 yr deal with CLE and we shall see if D12 actually leaves LA
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 9:19am

Well I guess nothing is official until D12 signs the paperwork. It seems he has changed his mind about goin to HOU yet again. This guy is a freaking joke!!!

Amen.  I will believe it when he actually puts pen to paper.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 10:52am

Amen.  I will believe it when he actually puts pen to paper.

I'm sure even after signing with Houston he'll find something to whine about and want out. This guy is a child. GL Rockets!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 1:24pm
Anyone follow the tweets Kobe posted about Dwight?  Not sure if they were all true or photoshopped but wow.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Dwight picked Rockets, Lakers better have had a back up plan or their screwed. Supposedly Pau is center and resign Earl Clark.

that cant happen, clark has already agreed to sign with the cavs.

smith has agreed to a four year deal with the pistons. i thought for sure that he was the bait that was luring dwight to houston. i really think this the right move for dwight though. he has the opportunity to improve his game now with assistance of olajuwon and i have no doubt that was a selling point. 

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 3:01pm

all about the 2014 free agent class at this point.  this will be a rough year...but be confident they will back in a good position sooner rather than later.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 5:20pm
Pistons threw a lot of cash at Josh Smith - 4 years, $56M.  Somehow I do not see this move improving the Pistons very much.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 5:25pm

Iggi should be a good addition to the warriors. They have fast players and good passers so Iggi would benefit well from that
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Anyone follow the tweets Kobe posted about Dwight?  Not sure if they were all true or photoshopped but wow.  LOL

What did he say?  All I saw was that Kobe unfollowed Dwight and everyone is making it a big deal. Stupid nba drama, I'd unfollow him too if he left my team
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 6:12pm
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2013 at 6:30pm
Dwight told the Lakers he's going with the rockets. Lakers already said it on their website. Last update I saw was 22 hrs ago
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 11:31am
Originally posted by sideways99

Pistons threw a lot of cash at Josh Smith - 4 years, $56M.  Somehow I do not see this move improving the Pistons very much.

Interesting move.  Pistons are pretty good up front with Drummond and Monroe.  Smith is a very good player, but I figured they would focus on backcourt help.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 3:07pm
They put a lot of trust in him to give that much money, especially if u think that he can't improve the Pistons. They have to think that he could help them a lot to give that kind of money to him
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 3:53pm

Interesting move.  Pistons are pretty good up front with Drummond and Monroe.  Smith is a very good player, but I figured they would focus on backcourt help.

I agree, the Pistons do not have a true 1.  Knight is more of a 2.  I read a rumor somewhere online saying the Pistons are trying to bring back Chauncey Billups.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 7:56pm
 i really rate drummond, i think he has a lot of potential. they probably have one of the best frontcourts in the league now but their backcourt is seriously lacking so i dont think the pistons are going to go anywhere soon. smith took the money.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 4:55am
This is probably the most anyone has talked about the Pistons in the last 5+ years, although they are still irrelevant until they upgrade the back court.

Nuggets are making some changes, still waiting for them to make changes that improve the roster.  Hickson cannot play D.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 9:48am
Dallas missed out on the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, and I'm glad they did. They wouldn't have any money left to fill the roster with serviceable players to be a contender. They have now come to agreements with Jose Calderone and Devin Harris and need to shift their focus on getting a center (Andrew Bynbum?) and a backup to Dirk (just resign Bradon Wright...).
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 10:16am

What did he say?  All I saw was that Kobe unfollowed Dwight and everyone is making it a big deal. Stupid nba drama, I'd unfollow him too if he left my team

The pic with Gasol is real but I don't know about the one Kobe tweeting to Dwight and calling him the f word that rhymes with maggot is real.  Shocked
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 12:11pm

This is probably the most anyone has talked about the Pistons in the last 5+ years, although they are still irrelevant until they upgrade the back court.

Nuggets are making some changes, still waiting for them to make changes that improve the roster.  Hickson cannot play D.

That's why Hickson will never help his team like an all star cuz he's a one trick donkey, not even a pony :p Pistons will be nobodys for awhile longer
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Dallas missed out on the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, and I'm glad they did. They wouldn't have any money left to fill the roster with serviceable players to be a contender. They have now come to agreements with Jose Calderone and Devin Harris and need to shift their focus on getting a center (Andrew Bynbum?) and a backup to Dirk (just resign Bradon Wright...).

yep, i think they will end up taking a gamble on bynum.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 1:01pm
Even if they get Bynum, I don't think they would be able to compete with the spurs and heat
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 1:28pm

Even if they get Bynum, I don't think they would be able to compete with the spurs and heat

i'm just hoping they can make it to the playoffs...Confused
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 12:40am

The pic with Gasol is real but I don't know about the one Kobe tweeting to Dwight and calling him the f word that rhymes with maggot is real.  Shocked
Seems like Dwight isn't the only one who acts like a child. It's like two kids in a sandbox and one doesn't wanna share his toys.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 4:36am
Whoever signs Bynum will either be making a huuuuge mistake or getting a ridiculous bargain.  I am glad Philly passed on him.  We watched him sit the bench all year, and even if he re-signed, he'd probably end up playing like 25 games and it would be just as frustrating.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 10:15am
If Andrew Bynum stays healthy and motivated, he can be one of the top centers in the league. The problem is him staying healthy and motivated...Ouch
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 12:24pm
totally agree. when healthy hes on of the best centres in the league but unfortuantely i just dont think he will be able to stay healthy from here on in. after last seasons disaster, its such a huge gamble to take but it looks like the cavs are prepared to take it...
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Von44

Seems like Dwight isn't the only one who acts like a child. It's like two kids in a sandbox and one doesn't wanna share his toys.

I would find that hard to believe, that's beyond childish cuz Dwight will have a better time playing under Houston vs the way d antoni runs the Lakers offense
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 2:31pm
Possible roster for the Mavs if they land Bynum and Monta Ellis

PG: Jose Calderone, Devin Harris, Shane Larkin (Rookie)
SG: Monta Ellis, Ricky Ledo (Rookie)
SF: Vince Carter, Jae Crowder (have to sign&trade away Shawn Marion to afford Ellis and Bynum)
PF: Dirk, Brandon Wright (retain Bird rights)
C: Andrew Bynum, Bernard James

That's only 11 players. They'll need to either get a better backup center or SF to get to 12 players.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 4:32pm
If the Mavs could get both Bynum and Monta, that would be a pretty nice pick up. Lakers need to stop picking up random old players and go for the young guns
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 5:39am

I agree that when Bynum is healthy, he is one of the top players in the league.  But I am telling you, we followed him all season in Philly... he loves the NBA lifestyle and the paycheck, but does not enjoy basketball. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>