Official 2012/2013 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2930313233>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 8:12pm
charlotte can officially change their name back to the hornets! as an old hornets fan, this is pretty awesome news.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2013 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by madsnake

charlotte can officially change their name back to the hornets! as an old hornets fan, this is pretty awesome news.

U probably never thought u guys would get ur name back, huh. To think if the Lakers lost their name and then got it back, I would be pretty stoked too
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 6:09am
^ Sadly, this will be high point of the Charlotte franchise's season.  Unless they think Al Jefferson will lead them to a playoff spot.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 7:35am
^They need Grandmama
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 7:54am
Grandmama was awesome.

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 8:25am
I love shoe technology.  tough to believe that we have shoes today without aero-glide, air-pockets to pump up, and my favorite - the catapult.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 8:39am
I loved my Reebok Pumps, until they broke a week after I bought the shoes....last pair of Reeboks I've every owned. Angry
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 12:24pm

you must of been doind some serious pumping haha, mine were still pumping when i outgrew them.

grandmama!

milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2013 at 2:05pm
i loved grandmama but no hornets team is complete without Vlade!!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 7:04am
I did like that old Hornets team:  LJ, Alonzo, Kendall Gill, Mugsy, Dell Curry.  Nothing really came of it, but they were fun.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 1:10pm
mourning was favourite player. they shouldve had better results, it was a pretty good team. 
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Geez

I did like that old Hornets team:  LJ, Alonzo, Kendall Gill, Mugsy, Dell Curry.  Nothing really came of it, but they were fun.

Mugsy was y favorite to watch when I was younger, maybe cuz he was so short and so am I :-)
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 6:53am
don't forget about glen rice. that man could play...
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 6:33pm
It has to be bad luck if you get injured during an off season game. Especially if it causes you to sit out a big chunk of the season
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by magichc

Mugsy was y favorite to watch when I was younger, maybe cuz he was so short and so am I :-)
Mugsy was the best! He gave hope to every short person out there.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Von44

Originally posted by magichc

Mugsy was the best! He gave hope to every short person out there.

Was he the shortest player ever, Mugsy? What happened to him?
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 8:44am
^I believe he was the shortest ever, but I did not confirm.  Certainly the shortest in the last 30 years.  Last I saw him, he had a cameo on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 8:53am
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 9:36am
Muggsy was awesome, even his name sounds cool.  LOL  I remember seeing him being honored by the Hornets after retiring and getting a big check from that one billionaire for being awesome.  Wiki says he coached for the WNBA for a little and wrote a book.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2013 at 12:58pm
speaking about little guys, looks like nate is going to the nuggets.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 6:08am
Lakers need someone like Nate: short, fast, crowd pleaser/lifts the team's spirits
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 6:35am
Lakers need a whole lot more than just Nate. Not sure he'd work anyway. I'd feel like Kobe would just get pissed off at him
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2013 at 11:32am

Sixers are cracking me up.  Took them nearly 4 weeks to introduce Nerlens Noel and they still have not hired a coach.  They are in full tear-down mode, and I fully support it.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 7:27am
A couple more signings for the Mavs, and their roster is taking shape:

PG - Jose Calderone, Shane Larkin (Rookie), Gal Mekel (Rookie)
SG - Monta Ellis, Wayne Ellington, Ricky Ledo (Rookie) , Devon Harris (they're still trying to sign him...)
SF - Shawn Marion, Vince Carter
PF - Dirk, Jae Crowder
C - Samuel Dalembert, Brandan Wright, Bernard James (cleared waivers and reportedly will return to Dallas)

That's 14 players if all of the rookies get on the roster. They should probably get a bench SF/PF to fill up last spot for a full 15 player roster.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 9:07pm

mike miller has agreed to go back to the grizz. really sad to see him go, thanks for the championships!  

Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 8:07am
Derrick Rose is claiming to be the best player in the NBA.  Really?

Although I am not a LeBron James fan the dude did win consecutive league titles, consecutive regular season MVPs... I'm missing a lot, let's look it up:

James has been a two-time NBA champion, a four-time NBA Most Valuable Player, a two-time NBA Finals MVP, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, an NBA scoring champion, and the NBA Rookie of the Year. He has also been selected to nine NBA All-Star teams, nine All-NBA teams, and five All-Defensive teams, and is the Cleveland Cavaliers' all-time leading scorer.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 8:30am
^ There are also reports taht Derrick Rose is dunking on lowered rims. I guess dunking on lower rims will make anybody think they're the best player in the world. LOL I felt like I was MJ when I was dunking on 8ft rims Star
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 9:11am
^ Growing up in Chicago we imitated MJ dunks all the time (well, we tried to imitate MJ dunks).  Indoors on the Nerf hoop and outdoors with the backboard at it's lowest setting. 
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 11:09am
Has anybody heard the context of his quote? I've just seen it paraphrased and everyone's reactions to it.  could he have possibly been saying that he feels he is as good and can't wait to get out and try to prove it?  I have a hard time believing he thinks he is better the lebron james (or a small handful of others, in fact).
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 11:17am
^^ I guess it was some reporter asking him who the best player in the league is, and he just said "Derick Rose."

So i'd say mas o menos on this one.  On the one hand, he isn't the best player in the league. period.  On the other hand, what is he supposed to say?  "derp, yep... LaBrons's the man!! derp!"
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 11:40am
I remember they asked Chad Johnson about 6 or 7 years ago who the best receiver in the league was and he said, "TO, Moss, Fitzgerald" and then they badgered him for 10 minutes as to why he didn't see himself as the best.  It's kind of a no-win question when it is asked.  He's gotta feel that saying "me" is the right answer when your city and franchise are paying you to be the best in the game and you want to show confidence.  But then again, Lebron is the correct answer.  He should have just said "that's a clown question, bro" like Bryce Harper, but he would have gotten heat for not answering as well.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 11:53am
its a stupid question but i think the only answer is to say yourself. the fact he said it with a straight face was the best thing though. i guess, if you want to be the best, you have to think youre the best so theres no doubting roses self confidence .
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 12:10pm
He should have said MJ. Being a Chicago Bull, I'm sure that would have been an acceptable answer.

Or, he could have done the PR/PC thing and said that there are a lot of great players in the league and he would like to think that he's one of them.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 12:17pm
MJ? I thought it was asking best in the league now.

To madsnake's point, I don't think I've ever seen Rose without a straight face though.  So that part was more expected than impressive.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

^^ I guess it was some reporter asking him who the best player in the league is, and he just said "Derick Rose."

So i'd say mas o menos on this one.  On the one hand, he isn't the best player in the league. period.  On the other hand, what is he supposed to say?  "derp, yep... LaBrons's the man!! derp!"

Exactly, of course everyone is going to say themselves and not another player, especially someone on a different team than him
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 5:23pm
John Wall getting $80 million?  I mean, he could turn into a max player, but he still has one year left on his rookie deal and will be a restricted free agent after this year (meaning they can match any offer).  What's the rush?
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 6:26pm

John Wall getting $80 million?  I mean, he could turn into a max player, but he still has one year left on his rookie deal and will be a restricted free agent after this year (meaning they can match any offer).  What's the rush?

What do u mean what is the rush? I don't fully understand that whole situation. Is it something like restricted free agent is when another team offers him money to join their team and his current team can match the price and keep him for another yr?
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 4:33am

Correct.  He is still under contract for '13-'14 and will then become a restricted free agent meaning that other teams can sign him to an offer sheet and the Wizards can match.  But the key is that the other teams cannot offer him as much as the Wizards (and $80 million is a max contract).  If he did sign with another team and the Wizards matched, it would be for substantially less money under the CBA. 

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 6:45am
I think this is about them pleasing their franchise player and fans than being a wise contractual move.  Wall said he'd be hurt if he didn't get a max contract this off season.  Potential Season ticket purchasers may be more confident now, knowing they are building around this star over the next 5 years.  I don't know if it was smart, but that's what it came down to.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 6:52am
never really been sold on Wall...I know he's been in the league only 3 years for a bad team but i can't see him deserving a max contract...he's not even a top 10 point guard. it's crazy how easy it is to get a lot of money in the association.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 7:12am
I feel like he's just an average player on a really bad team, so he is their superstar which isn't even a good superstar compared to others out there in the league. So they have to put their faith in someone and he's the best they have
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 7:31am
It's hard to be a superstar when you're the only good player on your team and the opponent can all put their focus on stopping you. If Wall is on a team with other good players to spread the floor, it would be much easier for him to play better. This the same reason Lebron went to a team with Wade and Bosh. He was a star in Cleveland, but he became a superstar in Miami.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 12:21am
What do u guys all think about how Dwight Howard would do in Houston in terms of how they will play together? I think he will do very well since they pick and roll a lot and have good outside shooters
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 6:48am
They will do fine in Houston. But they will never win anything because Howard is a natural born loser. No team will ever win anything with him as their focal point.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 12:16pm
Yeah I think Howard will be fine in Houston but I'm wondering how he'll do with the pick and roll with Lin if he couldn't or wouldn't do it with Nash?
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

well what if they asked a player in the middle of the pack...is he supposed to say himself as well.

Rose could have gave a better answer...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 4:17pm
as long as howards healthy, i wouldnt be surprised if this is one of his best seasons. i think houston was the best move for him, with the staff that he has around him, he has the opportunity to really improve his game over the next couple of seasons.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Von44

Yeah I think Howard will be fine in Houston but I'm wondering how he'll do with the pick and roll with Lin if he couldn't or wouldn't do it with Nash?

Are you sure he didn't want to run a pick and roll with Nash or the Lakers coach just doesn't like that kind of offense. I read their coach just didnt have the type of offense that was the best for the Lakers players
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by lightning80

It's hard to be a superstar when you're the only good player on your team and the opponent can all put their focus on stopping you. If Wall is on a team with other good players to spread the floor, it would be much easier for him to play better. This the same reason Lebron went to a team with Wade and Bosh. He was a star in Cleveland, but he became a superstar in Miami.

It's sad to think that to become a superstar, you need top players on your team. Shouldn't a superstar be someone who does NOT need good players on their team? 
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 8:32am
the analogy of LeBron to Wall is absolutely horrible. Wall will be nothing more than a Jeff Teague if he goes to a better team. Wall averages like 16 ppg on shite team where he is the number 1 option and the only option. if he was a max contract guy, that number should be in in the low to mid 20s.

All the better point guards in no specific order: Rose, Paul, Westbrook, Rondo, Irving, Williams, Nash, Curry, Parker, Lillard and so on.

The Association is filled with good point guards, kind of like running backs in the NFL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233>