Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 45678 33>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2012/2013 NBA Season
    Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Originally posted by mluu003

Went to my first Lakers game tonight...why did they have to lose against Denver. Unhappy

looks like there's been a shift of powers in the west...clippers, warriors, and griz rising...lakers and mavericks dipping. i can see why the mavs aren't doing well with dirk just returning from surgery and basically a whole new team of support players. but, the lakers with all their star players and still struggling to win games just doesn't make sense.

Miami had their struggles with the first year of their superstar lineup. Though.. Their lineup is unarguably younger than the Lakers. I'm perfectly happy with the shift in power!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 1:01pm
looks like the kings are close to a deal to sell to a group that will move the team to seattle next season..no wonder the maloofs reneged on the arena deal..they were selling the team and didn't want to be tied to an arena so the new owners can move it anywhere they want...
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 1:07pm

looks like the kings are close to a deal to sell to a group that will move the team to seattle next season..no wonder the maloofs reneged on the arena deal..they were selling the team and didn't want to be tied to an arena so the new owners can move it anywhere they want...

The Seattle Kings? Just don't sound right. They lose a Sonics team with Durant and get... The Kings... Lol. At least they have a team again.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Originally posted by mluu003

Went to my first Lakers game tonight...why did they have to lose against Denver. Unhappy

looks like there's been a shift of powers in the west...clippers, warriors, and griz rising...lakers and mavericks dipping. i can see why the mavs aren't doing well with dirk just returning from surgery and basically a whole new team of support players. but, the lakers with all their star players and still struggling to win games just doesn't make sense.

Miami had their struggles with the first year of their superstar lineup. Though.. Their lineup is unarguably younger than the Lakers. I'm perfectly happy with the shift in power!

Haha, will they even make the playoff this year? Unhappy
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 3:02pm
maybe they'll give the sonics name back to seattle..and old colors too..that'd be nice
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 3:14pm
I just picked up D Rose. I was afraid that I picked him up too early, but I was going to be even more pissed if someone beat me to him. I'm currently 2nd place, so I thought I could sit on him and hopefully still make playoffs
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 7:53pm
Warriors memphis game an intense one. Gah we were so close but that jumper by homosexual over Thompson just too good. It was a good game but a tough loss for the warriors...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 7:35am
Originally posted by rurchan

I just picked up D Rose. I was afraid that I picked him up too early, but I was going to be even more pissed if someone beat me to him. I'm currently 2nd place, so I thought I could sit on him and hopefully still make playoffs

I actually drafted D Rose like in the 10th round...then dropped him after a couple of weeks because the Bulls weren't releasing any updates on him..then picked him up again last week when I saw that he was practicing with the team. I'm 4th in my league so I can afford to sit on an injured player that could be very helpful in the playoffs, if he's healthy enough. I could use a center though...but nobody worth picking up...
davidkahn1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidkahn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 9:25am
lakers or clippers further in the playoffs?
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by davidkahn1

lakers or clippers further in the playoffs?

...hahah damnit. WILL LAKERS EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 12:30pm
^ yeah...the lakers probably won't even make the playoffs this year..with the way they've been playing..plus the recent injuries...LOL
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 12:59pm

^ yeah...the lakers probably won't even make the playoffs this year..with the way they've been playing..plus the recent injuries...LOL

I know, so many stars injured! Howard, Gasol, Hill, and Blake? Geez c'mon.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 1:08pm
What happened to Ibaka in the last game? Barely any rebounds or points?
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 4:37pm
With the way they're playing big Dwight might not want to resign with the team!! Lakers fans would have been talking championships before the year now would be extremely happy to scrape into the playoffs all together
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 11:03pm
Do u think it's possible for the Lakers to come back and sneak into the playoffs?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 7:36am

Do u think it's possible for the Lakers to come back and sneak into the playoffs?

They are 5 games behind the current 8th seed with plenty of season left, so anything is possible. But, considering how they've played so far, with the addition of injuries, it's just not very likely at this point.

I think Dallas might be able to get back in the hunt as Dirk gets more playing time and gets his touch back. OJ Mayo needs to play like he did earlier in the season and they need to pick up a quality center that can protect the paint and get rebounds.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 7:43am

There is still a lot of season left.  I think the Lakers still make it into the playoffs.  Especially if the trade Gasol before the deadline and get another player that gel's more with the current team.  
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidkahn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 8:54am
The Lakers will def squeeze into the playoffs as a 6,7, or 8 seed and in a 7 game series they will knock out one of the better teams in the first round which will make their run to the west finals a lot easier. (my opinion)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidkahn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 8:55am
Also I don't think that tradin Gasol is right for them...he's arguably the best big man in the entire NBA when you're discussing all around players!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 2:43pm
lakers are gone, i dont think they have a hope of making the play offs with the injuries they have at the moment.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 2:44pm
They're playing very badly but with that squad they could turn it around and go on a huge run so I wouldn't discount them from the playoffs anytime soon
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 9:53am
Warriors on the other hand put up a solid win last night. Got a scare from Damian Lillard who went OFF in the fourth. That kid can straight ball
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 9:42pm

warriors were just too good. lillard is killing it, hes on my fantasy team so i was pretty happy with his stats that game.

chalmers nailing 10 3s today was crazy!

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidkahn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 11:01am
thing with the lakers is that they haven't all played together for more than like a week, someone is always hurt; hopefully they all heal up soon and start killin!
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 11:08am

thing with the lakers is that they haven't all played together for more than like a week, someone is always hurt; hopefully they all heal up soon and start killin!

I agree. Basketball is a team sport and its hard to play as a team when there is always a team mate that is out.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

I agree. Basketball is a team sport and its hard to play as a team when there is always a team mate that is out.

Yeah, so much potential on that team, they should be playing at much higher level. Kobe can't win by himself.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 10:04pm
Big Dwight back in the line up and the Lakers play a dominant game and grab a great victory....against the cavs haha ogtta start somewhere I suppose
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 9:43am
i didnt realise dwight was coming back so soon. he played well especially considering hes still not 100%
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 2:53pm
I wanted Damian on my fantasy, but got picked up right before my draft turn. I still love the Lakers even though they look like crap this season. I'm still bitter about CP3 getting denied to the Lakers like he should have been. I'm sure Lakers would have definitely destroyed teams and no one would jump on the bandwagon of lob city cuz no one would know who they are
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 7:04am
Lakers need to find a way to trade Gasol for something decent.  Earl Clark is playing really well. Hopefully Gasol is out a few more games so they can figure out what they have in Clark and try to determine if he is just playing over his head or not.  If he keeps playing this way Gasol will need to come off the bench.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 7:18am
Mavs on a 3-game win streak...watch out...they're coming back!Clap
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 4:59am
2 in a row for the Lakers....and they are looking a lot better...yes not against great teams but.

Thursday is a huge test to see if they are on the right track.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 2:32pm

that was a huge game from dwight. theyre still a long way away yet but if they keep playing like that, they might scape through.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 3:16pm
I read that Dwight and Kobe played well. Kobe and Metta put up good fantasy stats for me, I didn't get a chance to watch the game though
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 8:28pm
Kobe is playing at such a high level for his age...pretty remarkable what he is doing.  Since Nash has been back and now in a groove he is getting a lot easier looks than what he was getting the last couple of years.  It would be really strange if this team didn't go on a roll.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 10:24pm
   lebron - youngest player ever to hit 20,000 points. nice work and delivering a thrashing to the warriors at the same time, granted it was without curry but a every win is a good win lately.    
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 10:33pm
Yup, Warriors got slaughtered. It's Curry's ankle again. Smh.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 7:41am
Mavs win streak at 4! Next is OKC which they lost in OT last time around. With a healthier Dirk this time, there's a good chance the win streak will continue! Clap
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 8:13am
yea, I'm hoping Nash will make it easier for Kobe, cuz Kobe is attempting some really stupid shots, his fg percentage shows it too
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 6:59pm

yea, I'm hoping Nash will make it easier for Kobe, cuz Kobe is attempting some really stupid shots, his fg percentage shows it too

huh? Kobe's shooting percentage this year is almost 48 percent which is higher than his career average and very good for a shooting guard/ small forward. Michael Jordan's last year in Chicago was 46.5%.

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 2:37pm
I was gonna have a heart attack last night watching Kobe's fg % around 3/16, then he starting making some shots making the % look a little better.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 12:54pm
^I feel like he's concerned about his fantasy team, not kobe's actual surprisingly great year.

On another note, with curry out again, it's pretty evident how different the warriors are without him. But I mean, this was the concern at the beginning of the season. If Curry and Bogut can get and STAY healthy. I honestly believe the way we were playing, that even without Bogut, we are easily playoff team. If Bogut can get healthy, stay healthy, and play the basketball we know he's capable of, I'm making the argument that we will be an elite team. Maybe its just wishful thinking, but that's what it looks like to me.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 5:03pm
I'd love it if Bogut could get a run on again when he was healthy he was finally starting to play up to his billing as the no.1 pick the man has had a terribly unlucky run with injuries
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 7:27pm
Blazers just keep losing and losing. The games are close but not rolling there way. Losing by 22 point to the Bucks by the 3rd quarter.. COME ON!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 10:05pm
And OKC just keep winning and winning. They've hardly missed a beat losing Harden.

I seen a stat the other day about Durant shooting over 50% from the field, over 40% from 3, and 90% from free throws. There is about maybe 5-6 other players who have done this before in a season, one that has done it twice and then Steve Nash. He has done it an astounding 4 times!!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 10:27pm
durant is simply killing it, dude is a beast
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 4:25am
Curry back for the warriors and end a 3 game skid. But now David lee out with an ankle injury. WTF is going on?
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 12:49pm
at least theyre doing better than the timberwolves, cant believe how unlucky that team is with injuries.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 4:08pm
In their last 3 losses Kobe has shot 26-80 (33%). Maybe a drop back to normalness from his stunning season so far
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

In their last 3 losses Kobe has shot 26-80 (33%). Maybe a drop back to normalness from his stunning season so far

Yeah, that's a little crazy for Kobe. Don't know what's gonna happen to my Lakers.Unhappy
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 33>