Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012/13 NCAA Basketball Thread.
    Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Great game between Gonzaga and Butler going on. The zags up by 1 at the half

Damn it! I was home all last night and I completely spaced that it was on. I posted in here earlier about REEEEALLY wanting to see the game.. then didn't remind myself to watch! Reading the recap right now, and it sounds like I missed a hell of a match! Given, I would've been bummed at the end seeing the Zags cough up the win, but I couldn't be happier for what both teams have accomplished with regards to the "Cinderellas". March is ever approaching, and I cannot wait! :D
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 4:10pm
Unfortunately I had to miss the second half due to work commitments but it looks like it was a ripper of a finish
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2013 at 2:48pm
Where's all the college hoops fans on this forum???

Kansas vs Kansas State should be a ripper with the conference lead on then line
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2013 at 3:43pm
Michigan state and Wisconsin in a classic Wisconsin game, first to 50 should win.  
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2013 at 11:15pm
My younger brother is on exchange at Maryland at the moment and has been enjoying watching some quality ball by the Terrapins
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 11:33am
Wow. Hell of a win for Indiana over UM. Started number 1, fell a bit and have clawed their way back to the top. Really enjoying following em this season.

Also lovin the Zags in the top 10. Been a while since the Bulldogs have been in that territory, and I'm happy Mark Few still has it in him :). That said,I don't expect them to climb a whole lot higher without some help. Their conference SOS was helped by BYU joining, but it's still not a power conference; they'll likely end up a 3 seed without a "home" court in March. I'll be pullin for em!
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 12:29pm
It was a great win by Indiana and it makes it 5 weeks for 5 new No.1's in the polls. Keeping things interesting at the top March is getting very close!!!
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2013 at 1:41pm
My Heels have been sucking a bit....it's a meh year.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 4:28pm
#2 Florida took one on the chin tonight by an non ranked team. Also Go Blue as Michigan takes on Ohio State tonight.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 7:40am
Originally posted by mommehK

My Heels have been sucking a bit....it's a meh year.

It's been some time since I haven't seen the Heels in the top 25. But 16-6 is hardly "sucky". Win either of the next two away games (Miami and Duke, respectively), and they're at least in the conversation based on "good wins". The loss to Texas certainly not helping matters, though.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2013 at 10:59am
The 16-6 might not be too bad in the land of NCAA Bball standards, but it's the 6-3 in-conference that blows. Hariston taking that nasty collision spill doesn't help matters. I would LOVE to see them beat Miami AND Duke...!!!!
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 1:19pm
That would be two big upsets as Miami and Duke look way better than UNC right now.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 6:32pm
and down goes #1 again.  at this point, i don't think any team wants to be #1, it's seriously a curse.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 7:11am
Was that not the most weird ending to that Indiana game?!  In the replay you can see all the faces of the Hoosier players go to completely shocked when they noticed that in-bounds pass was to such a wide open player. holy cow!

In other news, Oregon had their 20-game home winning streak snapped last night to a colorado team that had previously lost every Pac-12 road game they had played in the season. Not a huge Buffalo fan, but any time the Ducks lose puts a lil grin on my face. :D
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 10:45am
This year there's a bunch of good team, but no great ones. The tournament should be great with all of these even teams. That was a nice in-bound pass in the indiana game, but a true number one should destroy that team.
nifeblade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote nifeblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 2:58pm
Indiana just lost to Illinois! LOL
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 9:02am
Thankful for ESPN showing the UNC/Miami game today....I was worried about not getting to see UNC games out here in CO.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 10:18am
Miami might be the underdog team heading in to the tournament. It should be interesting to see how they fair with all of their guys healthy.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 7:59pm

Thankful for ESPN showing the UNC/Miami game today....I was worried about not getting to see UNC games out here in CO.

Yahhhhh... the ACC doesn't get enough national cred. Can see how ya might be worried :P lol.

Sorry! couldn't resist :D

5 overtimes in the ND/Louisville game. Kuh-Rayzee! ND showed a lot of heart to win that one, but I don't think theyre as good as their ranking might suggest. (nor is louisville, for that matter)
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 8:49pm
LOL lucky...forgiven. I'm used to regional-based coverage so that's what I was expecting.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 4:17am
5 OT's is nuts. Fans more than git their moneys worth.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 5:51am
What a game, probably the best of the year. Can't wait for the tournament.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 5:59am
I'm usually not much of an NCAA B-Ball fan but there were a few GREAT games yesterday! Obviously the 5 OT game will be a classic.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 2:46pm
That 5OT game was ridiculous! What about Sherman's numbers, 17pts 6 rebounds, and he didn't even see the floor before OT
sandman88 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Baldy

Quote sandman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 2:54pm
anyone else here throughly disappointed with ucla this year? I believe Ben Howland needs to be shown the door.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 7:17am
Originally posted by sandman88

anyone else here throughly disappointed with ucla this year? I believe Ben Howland needs to be shown the door.

I'm a Wazzu fan, and UCLA (even in their recent downfall) has still been owning us, so I cannot be sympathetic in that regard. I'd be all for another team taking the reigns in the PAC (with exception of the Huskies, or the Ducks). Nevertheless, I definitely feel like UCLA has not lived up to their expected prominence in recent years. I wouldn't be surprised if UCLA has a new coach after this season concludes. The "UCLA" name recruits for itself, so a new head coach could put em right back in the driver seat.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

That 5OT game was ridiculous! What about Sherman's numbers, 17pts 6 rebounds, and he didn't even see the floor before OT

I was on a plane during this and missed it. but I am loving this season so far.  Glad I don't have any idea of what will happen in March.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 9:25am
March is gonna be fun! I spent way too much time filling out my bracket last year, and it sucked worse than the one i tossed together in under 10. This year I'll stick with my gut feelings, and use the time saved to do something productive haha.

Kentucky's star freshman Nerlens Noel tore his ACL last night in a game against Florida. In light of the injury, some discussion has come over the one-and-done rule stating a player must play 1 year of college ball before moving to the NBA. It really is horrifying knowing that one sever injury can render the chances moot of a very talented college player (playing only for scholarship money) making a well paid career in the NBA.

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 10:00am
Agreed.  At least Kentucky will still pay 4 years of tuition and he can get a degree while he rehabs and gets back to some sort of playing shape.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 11:36am
I think he should still enter the draft. This class is very weak. He still might be a top 5 pick. Look what happened to Jared sullinger. Next years draft is very good and I would be surprised to see him in the top 10.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 2:09pm
NBA teams could look at it as an investment that they could select him lower than where he would have gone and bank on the fact their med teams might be better therefore offering a better rehabilitation process.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 7:02pm
DUCK FOOK.

That is all
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 7:50pm
At first I thought you were talking about the Oregon Ducks... They narrowly defeated my Cougs tonight (predominately due to a dumb foul). My struggling Cougs trailed the ranked Ducks 71-68, before WSU hit a 3 from the corner with ~5 seconds left to send the game to OT.
Unfortunately, tied in OT with 3.8 seconds left, a WSU player fouled a Duck to put em on the line. They made both, and won 79-77.  :(

But now I AM confused, mommeh! Are you a Duke fan or a Tar Heel fan? Ya can't choose both! haha
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 11:02pm
I am TOTAL Tar Heel through and through!
(Switch the "D" & "F" at the beginning...you'll get it LOL)

and DOOOOOOK LOST TODAY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! WTG Terps!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 9:45am
I understand the letter swapping! I Say Huck the Fuskies quite often!
I much prefer seeing UNC win over Duke. I've consistently cheered for the heels, though when we (the WSU Cougs) played the heels in the ncaa tourney in the 07 season, I will admit I grew a bit of distaste for fans that thought they were gonna put up 90 on us.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Jaydoc08

I think he should still enter the draft. This class is very weak. He still might be a top 5 pick. Look what happened to Jared sullinger. Next years draft is very good and I would be surprised to see him in the top 10.

I agree that it is a weak draft, so he might get a lottery pick, which means a nice bonus.  But it is tough to draft a guy who has an injury like this without time to prove that it is rehabilitated.  Look at the Blazers after Oden.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 7:23am
Michigan State vs Indiana tonight.  Who you got?

Pretty rare to see a number 1 team be an underdog in vegas.  I am wondering if it is because michigan state is that good (they are), or if the fact that so many number 1s have lost this year that it skews the betting line.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Michigan State vs Indiana tonight.  Who you got?
Pretty rare to see a number 1 team be an underdog in vegas.  I am wondering if it is because michigan state is that good (they are), or if the fact that so many number 1s have lost this year that it skews the betting line.

I haven't seen the spread but it probably has to do with MS being home. This is a big test for Indiana. If they can beat MS it shows they deserve that #1 ranking and are the team to beat heading into the tournament. Should be a good game
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 10:16am
it's 1.5 and I am definitely on the Michigan State side as a fan, but I was shocked by the line since Indiana just came off of spanking Purdue on the road.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 12:50pm
Definitely to do with homefield advantage will be a great game to watch
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 2:03pm
Ill take Indiana by 3. They're 7-1 on the road this season, and seem to play better against up-tempo squads.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 2:29pm
Lets go Sparty!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 6:07am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Ill take Indiana by 3. They're 7-1 on the road this season, and seem to play better against up-tempo squads.

Mannnn! When i first typed this out, it was "Indiana by 4." .. Then i second guessed myself and took a point off the spread. That was a hell of a hard-fought game though! Oladipo carried Indiana on his back for the last 2 minutes of that game. Mich State just looked jumbled in those final minutes. While I'm sure the loss is tough to swallow for the Sparty fans, it's a timely lesson before these kinds of games become the norm in March.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 6:54am
I hated having to work late last night.  Following that on my ESPN scorecenter app was the worst.  I hear it was the game of the year.

Despite being a Sparty fan, it is not a hard loss to swallow.  In fact, as they were losing it at the end, I was kind of hoping that they lost, thinking that it will make them hungrier for March.  I know that isn't a solid theory, but last year, they won the similar game like this against Ohio State, got their 1 seed and then lost in the Sweet 16.

Not solid science, but it is the best I have this morning.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 9:01am
The officiating was horrible in last nights Indiana game. Great game though, funny how that oladipo wasnt even going to be drafted at the beginning of the year. Now he's essentially a lock for the lottery.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 10:39am
Do you count the clock operation?

I liked the Kansas Ok State game last night.  Sad that everybody was fouled out by the last minute of the 2nd OT.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2013 at 9:57am
Wake Forest put on a great show against Miami today.. which leaves the Zags poised to take the #2 spot. Would love to see the Bulldogs get a "near"-home regional bid. Even at a ranking of #2 though, I don't see em getting a #1 seed. The WCC is by no means favored in the seeding process. Still a #2 spot would put em in good shape :)
The second and third round sites are rather clustered this year. Assuming Mich St. and Indiana keep doing what they're doing, they should be quite pleased with where ever they end up.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 7:50pm
So I've been sucked into D-II ball....and am loving it actually. Co-worker's hubby is the Booster Club Prez at Fort Lewis College, and I've been their guest the last two weekends to b-ball games.

Friday night was ELECTRIC!!! Took on Metro State, the #1 ranked D-II men's team in the nation...UNDEFEATED....and #17 Fort Lewis spanked them 61-54. Their student body came out in droves (way beyond their typical showing) and that house was rocking!

Last night sucked sweaty balls. Hard to win a game when you're playing 5 on 8. The refs were making so many seriously BS foul calls and kept Regis (7-15) in the game. Anytime FLC would start adding points the refs would start handing possessions over to Regis and feeding the foul count against FLC. Final foul count was 22-12...Regis got 30 foul shots to FLC's 12. Unreal. There was even one possession where they called 3 fouls on FLC & put Regis into the bonus on the 3rd. Such BS BS BS.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 6:21am
Great weekend for College basketball, but BAD for michigan State.  Looking at a 3 or 4 seed now.

AND that Miami loss to Wake tells me that I have no clue what I am going to do with them in the brackets...just like Louisville, UNC, Cincy, Arizona...and the list goes on.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 4:26pm

Last night sucked sweaty balls. Hard to win a game when you're playing 5 on 8. The refs were making so many seriously BS foul calls and kept Regis (7-15) in the game. Anytime FLC would start adding points the refs would start handing possessions over to Regis and feeding the foul count against FLC. Final foul count was 22-12...Regis got 30 foul shots to FLC's 12. Unreal. There was even one possession where they called 3 fouls on FLC & put Regis into the bonus on the 3rd. Such BS BS BS.

Hate when games are decided by the zebras! GIven, some teams foul more than others, but a 2.5:1 ratio is OBVIOUSLY a result of bad calling!

WOO! go Zags! #2 if only for a little bit! The upcoming Duke/Miami game is startin to look like a killer match! Hate the DUkies, so i'll be pullin for the Canes all the way! It is kinda cool to see someone OTHER than JUST UNC and Duke playing out for the top of the ACC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>