Deciding between 3 Asian Fit Goggles

Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deciding between 3 Asian Fit Goggles
    Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 4:42am

I'm helping my friend shopping for Asian fit goggles. We came down to 3 goggles and wondering if anyone had any experience with these and perhaps share some insight (in no particular order)

Oakley A Frame

Oakley Splice

Electric EG2.5

They all have similar price range so we're not too worried about that. The color of choice on these are good so we're not worried there also. What's we're most interested in is FIT and Field Of Vision. Thoughts? Why would you chose one over the other? or just any experience for any or all goggles?

Much appreciated.

EDIT: I like to add that we live in Kansas City with limited locations we can try these Asian Fit goggles. In fact, I only know of one snowboard/skate shop in town.

keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 4:53am
l have the splice and eg.25.  I am asian too but l have a "white nose" so l dont need asian fit. From my experience, the Splice fits me the best but the vision is smaller than eg2.5 or at least it feels that way. By no means is it small though. 
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 5:03am
Your best bet is to have your friend try on a variety of goggles to see which fit the best. It's nice to get feedback from others on a forum, but what works for one person may not work for another.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 5:34am
Originally posted by keljai

l have the splice and eg.25.  I am asian too but l have a "white nose" so l dont need asian fit. From my experience, the Splice fits me the best but the vision is smaller than eg2.5 or at least it feels that way. By no means is it small though. 

Yeah, I have friends from other States said the same thing. I guess it's hard to get a pair of goggles that have the best of both worlds.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2012 at 5:37am
Originally posted by sideways99

Your best bet is to have your friend try on a variety of goggles to see which fit the best. It's nice to get feedback from others on a forum, but what works for one person may not work for another.

Sadly, our local shop in Kansas City does not have all of the selections we want to try. Major sporting goods store like Dick's don't have Asian Fit goggles in stock. We might have to wait until I order a pair from here (when I get my 1500 points Wink)
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 1:44pm
So I went to another local shop in Kansas City and no one seems to have asian-fit googles. We are debating if we want to gamble on this. Going to Colorado and buy one there. I will be around Silverthorne CO area, does anyone know of a good place to start our search?
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 1:48pm
why don't you guys just order the goggles from a reputable online site (of which there are many), try them on and decide for yourself? send back the ones you don't like... makes sense?
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 1:59pm
makes sense but he doesn't have the money to return the goggles he doesn't like/fit. So we're taking your idea and only order what we think best fit him (Oakley A Frame) If this doesn't sit the way he like then we're gonna visit a local store when we fly out to Colorado.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2012 at 2:17pm
I have a pair of Oakley Crowbars asian fit, which are very similar in shape and size to the Splice.  Only difference being the nose area ventilation design.  I must say I love the visibility and the shape and the aggressive look of my Crowbars.  I also own a couple EG2 goggles (larger than the EG2.5) and I've never felt that I was missing out on field of vision when wearing the Crowbars.

From my experience with A-Frame asian fit (only tried them on in store), the field of vision is not as big as the Crowbar or Splice.  It is a more compact design.  Less lens surface area.

Asian fit doesn't change much with Oakley.  It's just thicker padding around the nose section.  I find this really does help to block out cold air when riding.  My Crowbars also do a better job at this than my EG2.

Hope that helps.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 4:25am
Thanks for the input! We definitely want to know the FOV on Asian Fit goggles. Hopefully these a frame will fit nicely on my friend's face. Great comparison btw, thanks!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 11:01am
Originally posted by haiv143

Thanks for the input! We definitely want to know the FOV on Asian Fit goggles. Hopefully these a frame will fit nicely on my friend's face. Great comparison btw, thanks!

Oh, well, I was actually recommending the Splice (or Crowbar).  Good luck with the A-Frame!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 11:18am
^LOL fj5, your input was ignored haha all good though. Just teasing you
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 11:18am
I have some Asian Fit Crowbars for sale and a pair of Splices too.

jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 12:18pm
First things first, Please just go and try them on somewhere anywhere just because its called "asian fit" it'll fit..
I went to try on a few and they DON'T FiT and i'm ASIAN
I have a pair of crowbars they fit the best at the time I purchased them but noticed there was a little gap on the nose bridge. Then the year after they came out with the splice which fit even better, so I just got a pair of those last year.  Waiting to try them out this season.

in terms of FOV they both provide a good view.
I heard the EG's are better.. but I haven't personally tried.

A Frames.. did NOT fit.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

First things first, Please just go and try them on somewhere anywhere just because its called "asian fit" it'll fit..
I went to try on a few and they DON'T FiT and i'm ASIAN
I have a pair of crowbars they fit the best at the time I purchased them but noticed there was a little gap on the nose bridge. Then the year after they came out with the splice which fit even better, so I just got a pair of those last year.  Waiting to try them out this season.

in terms of FOV they both provide a good view.
I heard the EG's are better.. but I haven't personally tried.

A Frames.. did NOT fit.

I'd love to try them before buying them but they don't have in KC (Either the stores don't care or we need to order them). My friend went ahead and ordered the A Frame and said he'll let me know in a couple of days.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by fj5

Oh, well, I was actually recommending the Splice (or Crowbar).  Good luck with the A-Frame!

Haha, sorry man. It's my friend's money so he had to make a decision. You guys have been great help btw
kikko View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kikko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 2:20pm
just wondering, did you guys try non asian fit oakley's and found that they didn't fit good? i only ask cuz i've tried asian fit A Frames and Crowbars and ended up getting regular fit cuz they fit better.  
Fear does not stop death, it stops life...
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2012 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by kikko

just wondering, did you guys try non asian fit oakley's and found that they didn't fit good? i only ask cuz i've tried asian fit A Frames and Crowbars and ended up getting regular fit cuz they fit better.  

My friend and I did. It fits nicely but there was an obvious hole between our eyes. snubby nose bridge aint fun!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 9:32am

Originally posted by kikko

My friend and I did. It fits nicely but there was an obvious hole between our eyes. snubby nose bridge aint fun!

Regular Crowbars and asian fit Crowbars are the same frame size, the only difference is the foam padding over your nose is thicker on the asian fit.  So yes, it is made for small/flat noses to block out the cold air stream just over your small nose.  If you're asian but you have a big/prominent nose bridge, then the regular might be better for you, as jhoang6 explained above.
sourgummies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sourgummies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 10:06am
Pardon my ignorance here but what's asian fit supposed to do? 
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 10:30am
UPDATE:

My friend called me earlier and gave me good news. Looks like we solved his issue. The A Frame did the trick! Thank you everyone for your help!

@sourgummies
They're simply for people with low nose bridge, flat face, etc. Mostly Asian-like faces, not all. Like me, I got a pair of Smith Fuse goggles, when I board a stream of cold air will travel into my goggles between my eyes (which makes the goggle fog also makes me tear and when I go fast) So what Asian Fit goggles do for me is have more paddling in nose bridge area and allow less or no air to travel into the goggles. hope that helps.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 11:56am
Haha glad to hear your friend found a pair that fit, I'm surprised it was the A-Frames hahah despite it fitting the few who replied.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2012 at 12:12pm
lol, he looks kinda like an alien. Round flat and small face with short nose bridge. Thank god the nightmare is over. 
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 6:15pm
until now I didnt even know that asian fit ski goggles existed. Was just going to modify my own goggles to fit by cutting out material.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2012 at 12:21pm
yeah, I found out last season. With my Smith goggle I had the little hole where cold air would get in my goggle. I used to use a bandana to cover up the hole. 
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 12:10pm
A frame is small n vision is somewhat limited compare to the other two but fits da best.
Splice got good view but bulky n I don't like the fit on my nose.
Eg2.5 is slim n got good view n fit is between the two.
I'm Asian but don't really need Asian fit. I tried all 3 goggs in reg fit not Asian fit.
 Post Reply Post Reply