Connecticut Shooting

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connecticut Shooting
    Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 8:26am
Another shooting this one with kids. What are peoples thoughts on this? Apparently Gov. Hickenlooper of CO wants to bring up the issue of gun control. These kind of things seem to be happening more frequently. Im interested to hear opinions.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 8:31am
I think it's because of doomsday, people are thinking they are gonna die anyways so might as well go out with a big bang.  Confused
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 8:50am
I get how someone could be pissed enough at someone to want to kill them, but KIDS?  How can you possibly need to do something like this to a bunch of school kids?  It's despicable, I'm glad the guy bit it.  Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for this guy for the next 80 years.

letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 8:52am
What a sick bastard.  I hope he enjoys rotting in hell.  Why would you target elementary kids?
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 8:55am
Updated news, 24 are dead and mostly children.  
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 8:58am
27 dead 18 kids. sexual act scary how something like this can happen so close to home
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:03am
I blame the internet.

diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:04am
I hate hearing about shit like this, I wish the person responsible didn't kill himself so the parents of the kids could torture his ass in the backwoods somewhere. My heart goes out to the families affected by this. 

Gun control won't keep weapons out of those who seek them, that isn't the answer.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:20am
looks like it's 2 gunmen..1 was killed..the other got away.

gun control can work, if anyone found with a gun is shot on the spot.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by bdanross

Another shooting this one with kids. What are peoples thoughts on this? Apparently Gov. Hickenlooper of CO wants to bring up the issue of gun control. These kind of things seem to be happening more frequently. Im interested to hear opinions.

Gun control is not the answer. 
bweston View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My wife, myself, and Steveo.

Quote bweston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:43am
I think if bullets were made more expensive it would be better than removing guns. Chris Rock says it perfect. "If bullets cost a $1000 you wouldn't see any drive by shootings." If we take away guns you will see people in crowds stabbing the crap out of people, or using guns that are smuggled in. At the end of the day, these people are sick in the mind and if they want to hurt themselves or others they will find a way to do it.
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:45am
Baffling, Hope they catch the 2nd SOB
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by highway12south

Baffling, Hope they catch the 2nd SOB

It was a reported person that left the school shortly after the shooting started. They are in custody for questioning. Could have been a parent dropping her kids book off or something.
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:54am
i hate hearing about things like this, makes me so sad, i dont think gun control is the answer, perhaps if the media didn't give so much attention to the last mall shooting this wouldnt have happened?
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 9:56am

They're saying it's 1 person.  They found his dad's body at his house also.  Then apparently he went to the school and killed his mother who worked there. 

woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 10:18am
I hate hearing about this kind of stuff.
IT MAKES ME SICK!!!
Why target an elementary school
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 10:26am
This is disgusting to hear. Gun control will not curb psychotic behavior
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 10:40am
I don't know if gun and/or media control will stop sick bastards from doing sick bastard things. My prayers will be for those affected and for the children and adults who lost their lives too early this morning.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 10:47am
It's a horrble tragedy when this happens to any one.... but why, why children? What is wrong with this world?
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 11:53am
Just read this in the paper, sick of hearing these sad stories about some idiot shooting innocent bystanders and for what.Don't think gun control will solved this problem,there are too many frequent shootings lately across the country.
Huckster92 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
One of the first days of 2010 Season!

Quote Huckster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 12:13pm
So sad to hear about all the children and staff at the school.... thoughts and prayers go out to the families!
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 12:15pm
Terrible tragedy. Anyone who kills innocent people deserves to rot in hell but someone who kills innocent children is the lowest form of crap on earth. Pathetic. My heart goes out to the families affected by this tragedy.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 12:45pm
i can see that, if the killer was abused by the parents and he went nuts and wanted to kill his parents..but, why does he have to go an shoot all the little kindergarten kids that don't have anything to do with him? Cry
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 1:28pm
sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 1:37pm
If you are capable of killing people randomly, that you do not know you are a sick desensitized human being. I wish he would have shot himself first.  Gun control isn't the answer, people are the answer. Thugs are going to get firearms and use them in appropriately.
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 1:45pm
do you mean like gun control as in no guns or just regulation? I for one believe that the average person shouldnt own grenades or rpg's. I understand that isnt guns but that would be weapon control. there havent been people killed in the US by RPG's who's saying that with unlimited access to that people wouldnt have used them. i guess people being the answer isnt really working right now. according to that article the 6 large mass shootings have happened in the past 5 years...  Also i actually like guns. I think they are fun and people should own them but its just interesting where the line should be drawn. Most people dont want it changed at all. 
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 1:47pm
He won the pistol round but died before planting the bomb, thereby losing his opportunity to buy the AWP.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by sixpoint

If you are capable of killing people randomly, that you do not know you are a sick desensitized human being. I wish he would have shot himself first.  Gun control isn't the answer, people are the answer. Thugs are going to get firearms and use them in appropriately.

Isn't war the same thing?
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by diviesti

I wish the person responsible didn't kill himself so the parents of the kids could torture his ass in the backwoods somewhere.

Yes.

Originally posted by diviesti

Gun control won't keep weapons out of those who seek them, that isn't the answer.

And, yes.
http://thench.com/garage/
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 3:15pm
I dont think gun control will have an impact anytime soon, but it could 50 years down the road when people dont see it as an option. Just my 2 cents. It's a horrible thing that happened and it is super sad to see so many innocent people and sweet kids get killed.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by bdanross

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/12/14/nine-facts-about-guns-and-mass-shootings-in-the-united-states/

might be interesting to some people
found it interesting...thanks for posting.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 5:20pm
coincidentally today in china, a man SLASHED 22 children.

yeah, gun control isn't the answer...and i seriously hope people start asking the question of "mental health".
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 5:52pm
This tragedy is awful. I hope that this shooting will force people to take more action to prevent these kinds of incidents.
jacquet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jacquet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 6:48pm
Take these drugs and you will be fine. Ban these guns and the mass killings will stop. Put these groups of people in these housing projects and things will get better. When will people understand that issues like mental illness, violence, and poverty are extremely complex realities that can't be solved with a quick fix.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by jacquet

Take these drugs and you will be fine. Ban these guns and the mass killings will stop. Put these groups of people in these housing projects and things will get better. When will people understand that issues like mental illness, violence, and poverty are extremely complex realities that can't be solved with a quick fix.
I agree with this, wholly. The crux of the matter isn't that you need stability by method of enforcing more control through more laws. Rather, it's that you need to improve the morale of your citizens. And, while USA is, allegedly, a highly developed and prosperous nation, serious, highly complex social problems exist. And these persistent issues are certainly not recent developments in America...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2012 at 8:00pm
Hearing about shootings that involve children just makes me sick. Anyone who hides behind a gun then take their own life is a female genitals imo.
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 7:28am
[QUOTE=Lux]
Originally posted by jacquet

I agree with this, wholly. The crux of the matter isn't that you need stability by method of enforcing more control through more laws. Rather, it's that you need to improve the morale of your citizens. And, while USA is, allegedly, a highly developed and prosperous nation, serious, highly complex social problems exist. And these persistent issues are certainly not recent developments in America...[QUOTE]\

^This is a very good take. I also heard an opinion that i was intrigued by. What if all these mass shootings had occurred as a terrorist attacks. Like taliban attack theather, school, shoots congresswoman. How pissed off would people in america be and how quickly would we seek justice as a people. instead of oh that's a crazy a hole nothing you can really do to fix that.  I agree mental health is an issue for sure but take away that guys gun and maybe you just have 22 kids with knife wounds instead of dead children. 
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 8:41am
Makes me sick to the bone that some one so twisted in the USA can do this kind of stuff to little kids. My heart goes out the victim's family.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 8:45am
Originally posted by 360faceplant

They're saying it's 1 person.  They found his dad's body at his house also.  Then apparently he went to the school and killed his mother who worked there. 

If that's the case then he has really bad aim if his target was only one person.  I wonder what kind of family issue they were having at home or if any.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by 360faceplant

If that's the case then he has really bad aim if his target was only one person.  I wonder what kind of family issue they were having at home or if any.

It was one person as in 1 shooter.  Jesus, how effin stupid are you sometimes???
bweston View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My wife, myself, and Steveo.

Quote bweston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2012 at 9:45am
If you do a google search you will find a person that committed a mass stabbing in China on the same day. Luckily no one was killed but this person attacked children as well. What kind of world do we live in?
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2012 at 10:36am
Dr Park Dietz a Forensic Psychiatrist discusses what is wrong with TV networks when they cover tragic strories and mass killings.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PezlFNTGWv4#t=100s
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2012 at 1:06pm
I feel sorry for the victims of the Connecticut shooting. They were so young. People should'nt be allowed to carry guns around like this.
Lushes View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Lushes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2012 at 1:29pm
So sad. I don't think this has to do with gun control
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2012 at 2:17pm
It is really sad how the media make these guys out to be so big.  They plaster their names all over the places and no one knows the names of the victims, only the perps.  These guys know they will not be forgotten (although certainly vilified).  Maybe they get a sick satisfaction in that, and pushes them towards this stuff.  Confused
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2012 at 3:02pm
Gun Control is not the answer... The solution lies in either arming the teachers, or placing police within the school. My middle school and high school had school resource officers inside the school who were actual cops that worked for our town. There would be at least one of them in the building at all times, ussually in the front of the building like the main office area, or in the classrooms teaching dare. Sounds smart to me to start placing cops in the schools like mine did... just makes sense to me.
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
CassinoNorth View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CassinoNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2012 at 6:11pm
Having psychological tests performed on people buying guns is never a bad option...if you can't understand why, I don't know what to tell you.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2012 at 4:36am

This goes far beyond gun control. The 'issue' runs much deeper that causes people to turn to such violence. It's not as simple as change some gun laws and this type of violence will stop. I don't know what the answer is but it's something that runs much deeper in the american culture. This is not only about guns.

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2012 at 4:50am
Originally posted by AJD13

Gun Control is not the answer... The solution lies in either arming the teachers, or placing police within the school. My middle school and high school had school resource officers inside the school who were actual cops that worked for our town. There would be at least one of them in the building at all times, ussually in the front of the building like the main office area, or in the classrooms teaching dare. Sounds smart to me to start placing cops in the schools like mine did... just makes sense to me.
It sad that it comes down to that, but it does make sense to have trained law enforcement in the schools.  This world has just gone mad.  Tragedies on a daily basis anymore. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2012 at 5:07am
As a Canadian I won't pretend to know the gun mentality of the US, but it does exist from what I see.  People are so reluctant to give up their guns even though it can only make sense to do so.  Do you really need 270 million guns kicking around in a country of 300 million people?

Is it not the ultimate irony that the perp's mother's guns were used to kill her?  Perhaps if she wasn't a gun collector, this guy would have had more trouble getting a hold of weapons and thus had a reduced body count.  

Obviously you'll never get rid of deranged individuals with the will to do evil things, but I think the setup in the US helps them achieve maximum casualties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>