Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
1 Staff | 18 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 400,157 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Ontario Canada Resorts

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 5>

Poll Question: Which resort(s) is(are) your favourite(s)-
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [1.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [0.39%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
501 [98.04%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ontario Canada Resorts
    Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 12:37pm
Sup y'all!

I was browsing through the East Coast Riders forums looking for an Ontario thread but couldn't find any.  So, I thought I'd start one!

For all you Ontario Canada shredders out there, which resort is your hill of choice?  And I do emphasize the word "hill". LOL  And why?  Share your stories here.

If you guys are hitting up any of the above resorts, don't hesitate to post on here to let us know.  I frequent Blue Mountain (5x7 pass holder) so maybe we can meet up there or even carpool up!

Happy and safe riding!

(Enjoyin' some beers @ Blue Mtn)

Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
Jibmonkey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Jibmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 3:39am
I hit up blue mountain every so often, our hills are a joke but meh. You get what you get :P

Hitting up blue next weekend and first weekend of feb. I'll follow the empty beer cans to find you
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 4:02am
that looks like red rain... beaver valley was pretty fun last yr.
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
Jibmonkey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Jibmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 4:09am
nah man, you sure that ain't old milwakee (however you spell it). He even captioned that he was drinking
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 4:33am
I'm planning on going up to Blue this Friday if anyone else wants to meet up to shred.

And Jibmonkey got it right, that's Old Milwaukee... cheap but good when ice cold!  I started buying it when I noticed the hot chick on the can. LOL
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 4:35am
oh maybe.. haven't seen a milwakee at lcbo though... then again haven't been in for awhile already
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 4:51am
Toronto where you at?!
I'm going to Blue Mountain today. I have Sunday off during when I'm maybe going to Hockley Valley for a previous engagement. I still have 3 Double Downs for Blue, so I'm down to ride with locals on any Sunday or Tuesday. I have a 5x7 for Glen Eden, but Glen Eden is a joke since it's so absurdly overcrowded. You might see me on either slopes, just look for the pink jacket! haha
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 7:13am
haha funny how this goes up, l just have a broken shoulder, fell awkwardly just 2 saturday ago. GG for my blue pass
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 7:20am
^ oh snap man!  You ok?  How'd you fall?  I wish you a quick recovery dude!

Actually, I plan on going open to close this Friday and next Monday, fyi anyone.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 8:50am
It was on the mogul run, too much ice, sent me flyin over like he 2nd last one. Landed on my side but on my face also lol
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 9:26am
^ this was at Blue?  Man, I remember that was the weekend after we got dumped with all that nice snow.  I didn't realize it deteriorated so fast.  I went last Friday and it was pretty crappy that day too.  Hard pack and ice.  Get well soon man and let's shred!
Jibmonkey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Jibmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 9:57am
ouch that sucks about the shoulder man. Hopefully you get better soon. Was it legacy that you fell on? That place always has a crap ton of moguls.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 10:37am

honestly, l have no idea which run is which beyond happy valley. It is the near the 3rd lift counting from the Village side (excluding baby ones)

Compared to tremblant l went, def crap
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Lux

Toronto where you at?!
I'm going to Blue Mountain today. I have Sunday off during when I'm maybe going to Hockley Valley for a previous engagement. I still have 3 Double Downs for Blue, so I'm down to ride with locals on any Sunday or Tuesday. I have a 5x7 for Glen Eden, but Glen Eden is a joke since it's so absurdly overcrowded. You might see me on either slopes, just look for the pink jacket! haha
is it taht packed at the glen?
I was considering checking it out, heard that this had the best park? lol
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 11:22am

I think I know which run rye's talking about... it's just above Graduate, either Legacy or Applebowl.  Man that sucks.

As for Glen's park... it's not the best park, but it does have a lot of features for a relatively short run and if you go when it's not busy, you can really get a lot of laps in for progress.  Lotsa really good park kids there too... puts me to shame.  Horseshoe apparently has a nice park since it's a longer side run that traverses the hill a bit.  Haven't seen Moonstone's.  Blue's park isn't quite up yet, at least not the last time I was there.  It's pretty good but the runs are short with only a few features per run.

I thought all parks were like this ... until I left Ontario.  Tremblant's parks are pretty nice... same with Killington.  Whistler's was frickin' BOSS!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 11:37am
I'm all new to park, hit a couple of rreally small features, inches from the ground was thinking of going for a few laps just to poke and test it then ride the rest of the hill, maybe even practice some switch..
finding some alternative places to go to other than having to go all the way up to blue/moonstone/horseshoe
also looking for cheaper lifts hahaha
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 11:52am
I highly recommend learning switch before going into park.  Just a great skill to have and does wonders for overall balance and reaction.

Glen Eden, Dagmar, and Lakeridge are probably the closest.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 4:32pm
I just got back from Blue. Cliff's notes: the runs are shit. I wrote a review on the SkiReport app (yet to be published). Slashed up my board pretty nicely from the rocks littered all across the runs. When the warm daylight turns cold around 4:00 pm, the snow turns to junk. Total waste of time for the night riders. Much better to go after a major snowfall or when it snows steadily and consistently throughout the day/week.

Rye I hope you get better soon! Sorry to hear about your injury. But you might have it better than a certain Japanese lady rider from California on this forum who recently suffered a season-ending injury. Cry
Originally posted by fj5

http://www.bluemountain.ca/pdf/12-13Blue-WinterTrailMap.pdf

I think I know which run rye's talking about... it's just above Graduate, either Legacy or Applebowl.  Man that sucks.
I think he's talking about Legacy. Right after you come over the crest halfway through, it becomes a big drop. I don't know why they mark it as intermediate because it's definitely not. Lots of people have to take this run to get from Happy Valley to centre lodge and that causes the snow to lump up badly into moguls on ice. Dr. Doug is another major connecting artery (from central lodge to south lodge) and that run also turns into a ridiculous ice mogul exhibition by around noon time.
Originally posted by fj5

Actually, I plan on going open to close this Friday and next Monday, fyi anyone.
I can adjust my schedule for that Monday :) I'll let you know by tomorrow.
Originally posted by jhoang6

is it taht packed at the glen?
I was considering checking it out, heard that this had the best park? lol
The park looks good, but I've never used it. I don't think it's the best in Southern Ontario, but it's all you can get in the city. But Glen Eden is just too crowded these days. It wasn't nearly half as busy when I went 2 seasons ago.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 5:06pm
l think dagmar has a pretty good park. They said they are making 3 runs into park runs
Jibmonkey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Jibmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 11:58am
agreed glen eden is a gong show and not only that, the damn runs are so short and a bunch of goofs don't know how to get off lifts. Better enjoy whatever riding you can, weathers gonna be crap the next few days, atleast here in toronto
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 5:08pm
l was going to go blue coming saturday, then found out its more than likely going to be slush, april like weather
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 5:16pm
FJ, it's official! I'm good to go on Monday :D
Yaaayyy! I get to ride with you finally!

...bring condoms.
Originally posted by coolz

l was going to go blue coming saturday, then found out its more than likely going to be slush, april like weather
That'd actually be an awesome day to ride. Snow is soft and slower compared to the usual Blue Mountain snow. It's probably not going to turn into full slush because you need several days of uninterrupted high temperatures to do that.
GOBANANAS View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GOBANANAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 5:41pm
Lux  "...bring condoms"    what the hell are you two up too...
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 5:41pm
why would the snow be soft after rain and warm weather?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 6:19pm
Lux, I'll see you there, my friend!  Look for the only Thrive board on the mountain! hahaha  I'll look for your pink jacket.  I'll most likely look like the pic up top.
GOBANANAS View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GOBANANAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 6:32pm
fj5 how do you like that thrive snowboard? I'm interested in getting one but theres no demo days by me, and i'm not sure i want to spend that kind of money on a board i've never ride, from a brand that is just starting out
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 7:03pm
Well, I've been looking for a twin hybrid rocker for a while and I knew that's what I wanted for my next board.  I read into the tech and I trust the guys behind the brand, so I wasn't too skeptic.  Lots of good reviews from all who've demoed it.

Dude, the board is $550 regular... down to $380 right now, plus a free $80 board bag, plus a free $25 t-shirt, plus free international shipping... and I didn't have to pay customs or brokerage across the border.  A 2013 all wood custom flying v... or a libtech trs without magnetraction... at a fraction of the cost!  You can't go wrong.

As for the board, I love it so far!  I've only taken her out two days this season on so I want to ride it more before I write a full review, but its performance surprised me.  A few times when I thought I would slide out if I were on my pure rocker Stunt, it just held and locked into my carve and pushed through.  Handles chop exceptionally well... and still very playful.  I'm not a huge fan of the artwork on it but whatever, that's not the reason why I bought it.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 4:02pm
FJ what boards are you bringing on Monday? I kind of want to use you as my demo day hahaha. Just kidding, I'll just shred with you lol. Feel like spreading butter?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 7:46pm
I was originally going to bring my Renegade but I just swapped my bindings to my Stunt to lend to my friend... so I guess I'll be riding my Vapor that day.  I'm not too good at buttering but working on it... so a good day to train fosho!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 9:06pm
Woohoo! My Force SL's came... I may just bring my Renegade after all!  But if the conditions are still wet and muddy... maybe not. Confused

Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 2:24pm
nice! man I'm so excited to ride, and maybe we can trade for an hour? lol... Today and tomorrow look like they're going to be SHIEEEEET conditions. I checked Blue Mountain's webcams today and there was mud all over the runs. At least the forecast says it's going to look better on Monday. I hope they are using their guns to cover up all that crap from the warm weekend.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 9:40pm
It was definitely wet and muddy today, but still a very good day.  Had a great time!  Took my Vapor again like yesterday.  Taught one of my friends on my Stunt, his second day.  Before today, all he could do was heel and he was hoping to learn toe... well, by his second run, I taught him to S!  I should get paid for this, hahaha!

No, not going to let you ride my setup for an hour, but maybe a run or two. Wink

Supposed to snow Monday... hopefully cold enough to make snow too... it was just so sad to see the state of the hill in JANUARY!!!  Just ridiculous. 
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 5:25am
its only snowing 2 cm though, really depends if they put their guns to work. Apprently base depth at Blue is only 60 accordign to radio
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 7:26am
Had a great ride day yesterday shredding with fj5! Conditions started off as garbage: might as well rename Blue Mountain to Uncle Ben's because the conditions in the day could only be described as brown rice... The snow softened up in in the evening but still icey in spots. fj5 was throwing down some flat ground 360s, looked awesome! Loved that Thrive snowboard too, it's a fantastic ride and I can see how hybrid camber profiles are a great compromise. Looking to shred again soon!

My next ride day is Sunday at Blue Mountain. Snowfall is expected throughout the week to restore all the runs by the weekend.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 8:27am
It was pretty icy in the morning and they were blowing snow all day so LOTS of damp patches... really annoying for camber riders, crazy rear leg burn!

By end of day, there were some great areas to practice.  

Lux, it was cool shredding with you man!  Nice butters! Clap  So goin' again this weekend, yeah?  Gotta keep workin' on my back 3s!

Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 2:38pm
Alright folks! beginning tomorrow, I'm going to ride every day for 10 days. Come on out Ontario riders! 'Tis the season for shredding time Smile

18 Friday:          Glen Eden (evening)
19 Saturday:     Blue Mountain (evening) + fj5
20 Sunday:        Blue Mountain (all-day) + fj5
21 Monday:       Glen Eden (evening)
22 Tuesday:      Glen Eden (evening)
23 Wednesday: undecided
24 Thursday:     Glen Eden (evening)
25 Friday:          Glen Eden (evening)
26 Saturday:     Glen Eden (evening)
27 Sunday:        undecided
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 2:41pm
whats happening in the next 10 days? its not a holiday... btw how is blue?
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 5:01pm
Lol nothing is happening rye, but you are more than welcome to come ride too. You gotta reach Blue Saturday and/or Sunday with us because there's going to be tonnes of fresh snow there. 
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 5:07pm
dont you have school or work lux?
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 5:23pm
Yeah I work full time but I'm riding whenever I'm done. Will you guys be able to come out?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 5:28pm
That's a sweet schedule, Lux!  Since I'm doing Sat/Sun at Blue, I probably won't go on Monday... I may change my mind though, hahaha.  Then Tues, Wed, Thurs off... then I'll be shredding up Jay Peak, VT next Fri, Sat, and Sun!  WOO!!!

Rye, come join us this weekend!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 6:10pm
That's some schedule you have there!
I'll be at Mt. St. Louis on Sat, won't be joining you guys this time around, you guys must kill it on the hills!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 5:11am
my arm is still broken/ in pain. honestly l think l'm out for the season lol
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 7:15am
Damn rye, get well soon man!  There's no way you'd ride with a sling eh? ^_^  jk, just make sure you promote good circulation for that arm and drink lots of milk and water.

jhoang6, next time man!  Join us!

Heading out soon, will probably stay the night and shred tomorrow too... hoping it's not too crammed with people because apparently the conditions are nice.

See you in a bit, Lux!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 7:17am
^ warm day there right/ Report back on conditions, friends plan on going, may keep them updated 
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 7:19am
blue is suppose to snow 5cm tonight, a bit warmer in the morning, but its going to come down 
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 8:05am
Had a great weekend in Blue!  It went from +4 deg C and rainy on Saturday to -11 deg C and super cold winds on Sunday, made for great snow making weather.  

Despite the rain early in the evening on Sat, it turned out to be a GREAT night.  Lines weren't so long, especially if you went in the singles line.  And conditions improved as the night got colder.  I tried to organize a group meet with about 10 people including Lux, worked out in the end.  Good times with good friends!  I think I drank too much too quickly so I was super tipsy by the last few runs. hahaha

Found a sketchy motel for the night for $65... just off Hwy 26.  We split it 3 ways so that was definitely a bargain.  And Sunday morning had blue skies and sunshine.  Awesome!

I'm going to take it easy this week in terms of shredding to rest up for Jay Peak this Friday-Sun! WOO!!!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 1:53pm
I know a few people going out to JP this weekend as well.  So jealous of you guys all, but its okay I'm no where good enough to really enjoy the whole experience haha maybe next year I'll be going.

My Saturday night out was great! until the afternoon hit and it just started to rain! I guess the temps were something like 4C overall a pretty warm day, lift lines were quite long, A LOT of little kids and one that kept bumping into my board in the singles line.

I wanna hit up Glen Eden for the evening runs from Mon- Wed but do any of you guys know how the traffic is like during 5pm onwards coming from the DT core?
Want to practice riding my switch.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 2:41pm
my friend went and was telling me how he was soaked.  He said sunday was alot better. Dam arm HEAL
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 2:57pm
fj5 man that was a great time! I swear that motel was like the set of chainsaw massacre lol, shady but I'm like whatever cause I'm trying to slum it out to save money. And dude, Mark was snoring THE WHOLE NIGHT. And thanks for punching me hahaha! Definitely down for another session at Blue, especially since double downs are back on. And I still owe you beer!
Originally posted by jhoang6

I wanna hit up Glen Eden for the evening runs from Mon- Wed but do any of you guys know how the traffic is like during 5pm onwards coming from the DT core?
Want to practice riding my switch.
Hit me up! I'm going tomorrow 17:00 to close, and Wednesday 19:30 to close. Let's shred dude! I need to make use of my 5x7 lol. 
PM me your number so we can hook up for a session.
Originally posted by rye

my friend went and was telling me how he was soaked.  He said sunday was alot better. Dam arm HEAL
Sunday (during the day) was pure ice. All of that moisture packed down into an Antarctica landscape. That's how I wiped out so hard on my chest in the afternoon. Was doing a high speed manual (back facing downhill), then I slipped but was able to recover, then in doing so I catch my toe edge and flew forward at full speed. That really hurt.... Night time was better though despite the 40 km/h winds.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>