Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 5 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 404,594 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Ontario Canada Resorts

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345>

Poll Question: Which resort(s) is(are) your favourite(s)-
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [1.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [0.39%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
501 [98.04%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ontario Canada Resorts
    Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 6:33pm
I'm gonna have to dig through my PM and find your number Lux
try to  give u a text tmr.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 5:30pm
Wow Mt. Pakenham for the win?
I've never heard of this place. now I want to give it a try at least once!
No favourites for me.. Blue's good, so is Moonstone, and Horse. haven't gone to the rest.
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 5:59pm
The poll is broken, you can vote for any option as many times as you like lol

See you guys on monday! They say there's going to be some snowfall, especially on Tuesday!Big smile
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

Wow Mt. Pakenham for the win?
I've never heard of this place. now I want to give it a try at least once!
No favourites for me.. Blue's good, so is Moonstone, and Horse. haven't gone to the rest.
someone's pulling your chain.  Mnt Pakenham is tiny: 2 beginner runs, 3 intermediate and 1.5 advanced.   However, according to the topo map, it's so flat, the "advanced" can't be any more than intermediate.  Blue mtn is much larger, much steeper and gets much more lake effect snow.  Pakenham may have better tree riding (when there's enough snow) and more isolation/natural beauty, but that's a long drive for just that.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2013 at 5:12pm
Someone must really love it over there at Pakenham!  Perhaps we should propose a meetup there next? :p

Today wasn't bad, a thin layer of fast snow on top of ice... but the sun came out and I had a great day.  My gps watch says I reached a max speed of 56.6 km/h down Cruiser.  Not as fast as my 69 km/h in Tremblant but getting there. hahaha  Much better than my 49.2 km/h in that Friday storm.

I'll definitely go Monday, have a group of buddies going.  Not sure about Tuesday just yet.

EDIT: Tuesday's a go!
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 1:14pm
just went yesterday, kind of funny how at like 7, there was basically no lineup. everyone must be waiting for monday to go? or they went away on vaca
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 1:40pm
Went to Hockley Valley today with some friends. Testing out the new bindings, they are amazing... pulling 360s off anything and everything, including a few drops. A bit icy at spots, but hooked up with 3 girl snowboarders (totally underage by the way... but I'm gonna ignore that detail for now lol) later in the day; two of them might be meeting me at Blue Mountain tomorrow.
Originally posted by coolz

just went yesterday, kind of funny how at like 7, there was basically no lineup. everyone must be waiting for monday to go? or they went away on vaca
Y U NO TELL US U GO?!
Me and FJ are not gonna abduct you lol.. Just a totally chill shred sesh with good folk and few beers.
Are you coming to Blue tomorrow or Tuesday? jhoang is reaching tomorrow, taking my car. FJ and co. will meet us there.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 1:50pm
cuz l go when my friend drive, so its really unknown when l go lol 
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 4:31pm
Lux can be your friend too and he'll drive you! Wink
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 6:55pm
Nice reel in the small fry Lux.
can't wait for tmr.
Rode on Moonstone today, so tired! hope I'll pull through for Mon =p
updates later. sleep needed.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by fj5

Lux can be your friend too and he'll drive you! Wink

Friend with benefit? l better hope someones a chick lol
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 8:26pm
Great shred day at Blue with Lux, jhoang6, and friends!  Busy Family Day but still got in 26 runs today between 10:00 AM and 9:30 PM... I'm exhausted!  BUT, heading back there tomorrow with the gf, other friends, and Lux again! Big smile

Where the rest of you at?!?
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 5:13pm
Great time and lots of fun with fj5 today, and yesterday with jhoang6 too! Today was my third consecutive ride day. My body is totally shot up, especially my legs and knees man.... My board also took a beating: first glance looks like I took a core shot near the edge. :(   Like how the f does that even happen on groomers?? now I gotta get a P-tex stick and fix it before waxing again for next weekend at Killington >_> I'll probably just send it out, no time to DIY it for now

Calling out other Ontario warriors: rye, coolz, Von44 (I think he's in Whistler now), and keljai. Come out to play...
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 7:11pm
Lux, Just saw some of your pics of cracked baseplate.. did this happen on Tuesday?
or Monday?Stern Smile
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 10:23am
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 7:30pm
LoL nice vid, looks like you guys had a good time. Finally got to see Lux jump off that launch in the park, looking good.
FJ Y didn't you bring out your GoPro earlier on Monday? lol
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2013 at 6:27am
haha my bad, it was way too busy on Monday, too many people.  Hard to weave through crowds and record with a long pole mount. LOL 
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2013 at 7:12am
lol its all good. saw you take it out in the evening but ended up going for food instead haha

hope you guys have fun in Killington this weekend, take lots of pics and video footage.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2013 at 11:29am
Uploaded the video on Vimeo for better quality:
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 11:58am
for those that are interested, teambuy has lift ticket to skyloft for 20$
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 1:15pm
Hello from Killington!  Lotsa snow here, much better than last year.  Soft pow in some spots too, but quite a bit of chop in the trails.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better with less people on the slopes.  Hoping for some sunshine and blue skies!  Lux here too, what what!
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 2:50pm
^^that's quite a crowd you're riding with...and you almost ran into 2 people (or did they almost run into you?Wink)
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 7:17pm
Your Renegade should be able to ride through that chop FJ5
There's gonna be blue skies, just you wait
Hey Lux hope you guys are killing it out there.

i'm gonna try to hit Glen Eden on Tuesday evening.. pending weather...wanna get a day in before Feb is over then get my boards waxed again at sports chek =p
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 12:53pm
Nm bout tmr. decided I'd try to go out today instead. =p
conditions look better mid week. 15cm of snow
but I have to work dang it.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 1:01pm
Why you going to sport chek for your waxing? Are you still using hose team assist coupon? 
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 1:06pm
Yes i am Rye.. the exp at the end of Feb..
sucks used to have till the end of the year..

plus i don't have my own waxing kit yet.. =/
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 2:58pm
correct me if l'm wrong, l thought they expired on Dec/31?
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by coolz

correct me if l'm wrong, l thought they expired on Dec/31?
nope you are wrong.
the coupon says Feb 28th 2013

Last year you had till the end of 2012.. Rumour has it, they might be scrapping the program.

I went out to Glen Eden for the 1st time last night! the runs were really short, something like what.. 10seconds? they had some icy conditions near the steep stop parts. and softer parts right after from people leafing the snow off.  So surprise I found my way there... I was following the light, hahaha there was next to no signage on my way there, guessing where I was suppose to be turning and hoping I was going the right way. No gps. got lost on my way back so I had to pull out a map. Didn't know rattlesnake point and Glen eden were so close together.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 6:45pm
I'm thinking of picking up a lift or two from team buy for lifts at Lakeridge, but dunno if the resort is any good.. never been. also its gonna take 5 days for the deal to go down.. I'm a little concerned the conditions won't be worth going in 5 days time.. pretty much a week for me until I get my next day off.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 8:39pm
Lakeridge, from what I can remember, is a lot like Dagmar.  Up in Uxbridge and not very big.  Not a bad place to train though, depends on how busy it is.  You should just hit up Blue this weekend with the rest of us! Wink
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 12:38pm
jhoang and Rye, you guys want to reach Blue Mountain this weekend? Saturday-Sunday shred session. me and FJ + others are going. Come out!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 1:02pm
nope, chicks birthday, going to wildfire grill instead...
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 7:51pm
not able to do weekends.. gotta work! you guys have at it.
I don't mind the smalls, went to Glen eden for the first time I think last week.. and I enjoyed it. got to work on my switch.. i think it's coming a long now. just gotta commit and looking falling in the face.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 7:31am
Leaving for Blue shortly... been lookin' forward to this weekend all week!  Hoping it's not super busy cuz of March Break next week.  Maybe the kids will go during the week instead. :)

More Lux humping, w00t!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 11:36am
So I went off my first XL kickers last nite at Blue... hit the knuckle every time! :(  I'm still alive though w/ no injuries. 

Good tips for next sesh: http://snomie.com/snowboard-jumping-mistake-beginner/

Also hit my first rails (flat rails).  Unfortunately, left this wonderful gash on my base.  Maybe that's why I couldn't speed up enough to clear the knuckle!!! Dead

MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 11:47am
you didn't clear the knuckle cuz you didn't have enough speed... start higher up or don't speed check as much
MOAR powderz plz!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 12:24pm
Yeah, MT, I definitely speed checked too much. I ended up spending the last hour, after the park closed, bombing the hill to get used to higher speeds.  Eager to have another go at it!
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 5:08pm
Glen Eden park session Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. All are welcome to join up. If I'm not in the park, I'll be practicing switch and doing ground tricks on the slopes.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 7:50am
Park sesh at Glen Eden was great last night!  Would come out again if I could.  See you Tues at Blue!

Any Toronto locals looking to get 'new' gear?  I've got some stuff for sale:
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 6:56pm
l was a blue, some brown spots and dirt area already 
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 8:54pm
I'll be at Blue tomorrow (Saturday) night and Tuesday day, anyone else?
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 8:57pm
it was a zoo fyi. so many kids!!
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 9:01pm
well it should be expected, it was march break for them AND Pepsi week so yeah. 
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 10:55pm
Plus last night riding for the season is this Sunday.  I'm hoping most people got it out of their systems already.
fat_theo View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fat_theo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 12:55am
So this is where all you CA boys hang out in your spare time eh?
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 3:50am
Originally posted by fat_theo

So this is where all you CA boys hang out in your spare time eh?

If you mean canada boys, then no you are wrong. Canada is pretty big, infact bigger than australia. We dont assume all that exist is Sidney and that everyone in Australia is in everyone's backyard. We are however, a ground a very close neighbouring citys that go to the same mountain to snowboard.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 9:36pm
If only we could hang out over in the west side... Whistler would be an awesome hangout!

Blue was cold today, -2 to -5 ish... snow was fast, but not much of it covering ice... landings were hard.  Still, a good sesh.  Can't wait for Tuesday!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 5:34am
you know the thing about blue mountain, is that even though there is alot of ski-able area, the runs are all very similar, seems so repetitive 
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 7:31am
Glen Eden is closing tonight, going tonight for a last shred. I think they're throwing a party after. Hitting Blue on Tuesday with fj5.
Originally posted by rye

you know the thing about blue mountain, is that even though there is alot of ski-able area, the runs are all very similar, seems so repetitive 
Turn every run into a playground: spin, press, and grab off every feature you can find. Doing runs all switch is also another challenge to keep you motivated.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 9:32am
^ Agreed, it's all about progress!  Some days are going to be awesome shred days when conditions are POW-errific and all your buddies are having a great time... other days are going to be gruelling solo work days.  For instance, I'm know I'm going to hate it but I'm going to spend a day riding switch and doing ollies, nollies, and 180's from switch.  A pain, but it's gotta happen if I want to progress further.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>