NHL 2013/ 2013 Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2013/ 2013 Season
    Posted: Jan/09/2013 at 8:46am
I guess its about time...
While no one is happy with how we got here, there's a new battle for Lord Stanley's Cup starting in 11days. 
CassinoNorth View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CassinoNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 8:27am
This cup will feel cheap being awarded after such a short season.

my East regular season predictions

1. Penguins
2. Senators
3. Caps
4. Penguins
5. Bruins
6. TB
7. Flyers
8. Devils

The bottom of that conference is gonna be a dogfight though...especially with such a short season. West to come tomorrow!
davidkahn1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidkahn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 8:49am
Blackhawks will be in contention this year, conf. finals for sure!
davidkahn1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidkahn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 11:10am
good thing about the nhl is that many of the players, at least the better ones, played in europe unlike the nba or nfl they just chilled doing nothing
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 12:14pm
Hah, didn't think I'd be seeing this thread this season. I'm not sure about too many other teams, but definitely believe Hawks have what it takes in this short season to be Cup contenders. I'm just waiting for the schedule to be released so I can grab some tickets. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
letterandnumber View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote letterandnumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2013 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Hah, didn't think I'd be seeing this thread this season. I'm not sure about too many other teams, but definitely believe Hawks have what it takes in this short season to be Cup contenders. I'm just waiting for the schedule to be released so I can grab some tickets. 

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by CassinoNorth

1. Penguins
2. Senators
3. Caps
4. Penguins
5. Bruins
6. TB
7. Flyers
8. Devils

The bottom of that conference is gonna be a dogfight though...especially with such a short season. West to come tomorrow!

wow.  so is the Peguins team finishing first and the Wilkies-Barre/Scranton Penguins finishing 4th?  
-zakk

Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 9:13am
At quick glance of schedule, it doesn't appear to be too many back-to-back game days. If that is the case, i could see an older, more veteran, team doing really well into the playoffs. At the same time, a team like the Kings who are young and full of talent and energy could just as easily repeat (yes, repeat. I know many forget a team from LA won the last cup, hell i almost forget from time to time.) Really though, in this shortened season just about any team can make the playoffs and make a run. There is no margin for a cold streak, just not enough games to possibly make it up.

My bets:
Kings take the west again
Caps take the east
Flip coin on cup and i'm ok with either.
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 10:49am
Originally posted by zakk

1. Penguins
2. Senators
3. Caps
4. Penguins
5. Bruins
6. TB
7. Flyers
8. Devils

wow.  so is the Peguins team finishing first and the Wilkies-Barre/Scranton Penguins finishing 4th?  

I like the Pens chances to make it to the cup final under these conditions, especially if ECF comes down to Pens vs Pens.Thumbs Up
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Scorer099

At quick glance of schedule, it doesn't appear to be too many back-to-back game days. If that is the case, i could see an older, more veteran, team doing really well into the playoffs. At the same time, a team like the Kings who are young and full of talent and energy could just as easily repeat (yes, repeat. I know many forget a team from LA won the last cup, hell i almost forget from time to time.) Really though, in this shortened season just about any team can make the playoffs and make a run. There is no margin for a cold streak, just not enough games to possibly make it up.

My bets:
Kings take the west again
Caps take the east
Flip coin on cup and i'm ok with either.

I think a couple of solid veterans on a team could really do wonders for this shortened season, keep the younger guys focused.  A bad streak this season will wreck any chances of a team making it to the playoffs.  It will be interesting to see the contrast between the guys that have been playing really high level hockey (Swiss, KHL, Spengler Cup) and the guys who have been playing shinny for the last 6 months LOL.

I'm just glad a few of my Bruin players have been in column A (Seguin, Bergeron, Seidenberg).  Playing with Spezza, Duchene and Tavares isn't bad practice either (and against Pat Kane and Thornton).  If you guys missed it, some of the best hockey I've seen in a long time was played in this year's Spengler.  Normally team of nobodies, this year was fantastic, with a ton of top end NHL talent on display.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 3:19pm
Really looking forward to the season.  Gonna be strange as a Kings fan heading into the year as defending champions. It will be interesting to see how this team comes out of the gate.  They were so dominant in the playoffs you would like to think they can keep it rolling this year but hard to keep that kind of  momentum going in anything.  Maybe the strike helps them to some degree get over the hangover.  
Jibmonkey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Jibmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 3:23pm
word on the street is that the leafs are going to make it far this year, since they tend to play only good the first half of a season (which is about what we have left of a season )
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Jibmonkey

word on the street is that the leafs are going to make it far this year, since they tend to play only good the first half of a season (which is about what we have left of a season )

Yeah, it's too bad we won't get to see the typical Leafs January/Feb debacle of the ages.  Three years ago they were something like 5-0 to start the season and all of my Leafs fan friends were planning the parade.  WHOOPS, thanks for Tyler Seguin was the result of that year.

Phil Kessel is incredible, he's the only 40 goal scorer in history to never have scored 40 goals. LOL
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:00am
devils will have an awesome year, the rangers will have an okay year due to all of the new players. next year the rangers will be redic.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 7:21am
Originally posted by xxbeachbum0804xx

devils will have an awesome year, the rangers will have an okay year due to all of the new players. next year the rangers will be redic.
How will the Devs have an awesome year? They lost Parise and Sykora in the offseason. They're gonna struggle with scoring unless Zajac has a good year and a bunch of rookies step up.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 11:21am
Couldn't help but notice that the Sabres were not projected to be in the top 8 here. I think that this year they are gonna have a really good shot. They have some young talent coming up as well as several bigger and stronger players. A lack of size ans strength has been their downfall for the last few seasons so this should really help em out.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 8:30pm

1. Penguins
2. Senators
3. Caps
4. Penguins
5. Bruins
6. TB
7. Flyers
8. Devils

I dont really think so...the seasons are too long anyways.  I wish all the seasons were shorter that way the regular season games would be heightened and there would be less chance for injury before playoffs.  
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 11:57pm
oh idk, kovy and zajac should have breakout seasons. not to mention adam henrique was arguably the best rookie to play last year. and dont forget about elias, even tho hes old hes still better than average, as is brodeur.
nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuggetuconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 6:22am
Its a tough division, Flyers, Pens, and Rangers. Every game counts.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 4:45pm

Blues D looking even more solid now that they got Wade Redden.

ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 11:27am
Great start to the season for  my Hawks! 4-0 against the Kings to start the 2nd. . Hopefully we keep this up. 

ChiTown = CHICAGO
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 11:57am
Big win by the Sabres today 5-2 over Philly!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 2:48pm
And the rangers blow the first game, love it.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 3:18pm

Blues looked good last night against Detroit! Wouldn't be surprised if they take 1st seed in the West Conf. Detroit's blueline, however, is in serious trouble. Kinda looked like the Leafs blueline! lol

Teemu and Jagr both with big games to start the season. These geezers still have plenty of game left in them afterall.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CassinoNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 6:40pm
Rangers and Flyers looking awful so far. Enjoying that thoroughly.

Islanders are a team to look for. Short sprint type season, they can easily make it into the playoffs and do some damage. I like them quite a bit after their first two games.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2013 at 3:28pm
Flyers fan here, it's not looking good unless we pick up a defensemen. Maybe offer Subban an offer sheet.
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2013 at 5:08am
Originally posted by Jaydoc08

Flyers fan here, it's not looking good unless we pick up a defensemen. Maybe offer Subban an offer sheet.

Well they wouldn't have to offer Shea Weber kind of money (which they have), and he's just the kind of punk that would fit so well with Philly. 
sourgummies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sourgummies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2013 at 7:38am
The first game back felt so wrong but it's starting to feel normal again. Nothing better than the wintertime!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 4:49pm
Damn, Hawks kicking ass to start the season. I think they just beat Detroit in OT tonight so that puts them at 6-0.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CassinoNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 8:05am
Erik Cole still living up to his Hurricane days diving to get the Canadiens the extra point against my Devils last night.

That guy is the biggest asshat in the NHL. Stay on your feet you goon.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CassinoNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2013 at 8:21pm
3 straight OTL for the Devils.

Starting to get really old watching them miss open nets and take dumb OT penalties.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 6:48am
In the end it's going to come down to who's healthy and who isn't. I'm not sure how the draft is but I woudnt mind te flyers tanking it to get a stud.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 7:06am
Looks like the hawks and sharks are both rolling right now. Haven't been paying much attn to the sharks but looks like no-show-joe has actually showed.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Von44

Looks like the hawks and sharks are both rolling right now. Haven't been paying much attn to the sharks but looks like no-show-joe has actually showed.

The playoffs are still 40+ games away, plenty of time for Joe to go into hiding.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 8:16am
Originally posted by ctoma

The playoffs are still 40+ games away, plenty of time for Joe to go into hiding.
True, but he tends to produce during the regular season. It's the playoffs is where he becomes Houdini.
nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuggetuconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 9:46am

Originally posted by ctoma

True, but he tends to produce during the regular season. It's the playoffs is where he becomes Houdini.

Agreed, Sharks are always good in the regular season, but can never get past the conference finals. Always makes me laugh.

But I think the condensed season will have a toll on the players who played overseas.

I wish the rangers were rolling :( So mad.

Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 10:16am
If you follow the Sharks it is because they're tired by the end of the season. 
With this shortened season I'm anxious to see how their stamina holds up into the Playoffs....

Go Sharks!Smile
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Witty1

With this shortened season I'm anxious to see how their stamina holds up into the Playoffs....

Go Sharks!Smile

Then it must be the trainer's fault since every team plays the same number of games each season.  Somehow the Kings managed to play 82 games last season and still had the energy required to get the 16 wins in 20 playoff games needed for the Cup.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 11:09am
Sabres are rolling now after that big win over Boston last night. They're gonna be a tough team to beat.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Witty1

Go Sharks!Smile

maybe they just weren't built to win in the playoffs?  The Kings were a defense oriented team which plays out better in playoffs in my opinion.  They are not scoring a lot again to start this season but I wouldn't want to play this team come playoffs.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 6:26pm
San Jose is looking good, they got some good playoff experience last year.
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2013 at 10:05pm
Blues were robbed! 5 minute major for a love tap!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 4:39am
Originally posted by jades10

Blues were robbed! 5 minute major for a love tap!

Definitely a bad call, looked like a clean hit although I wouldn't call it a love tap.  The penalty also resulted in Datsyuk's go ahead power play goal.

Z had a great night, 3 goals and 2 assists.  He battled Oshie on a loose puck sliding towards the empty net to get the hat trick (see it here:  http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-three-stars-henrik-zetterberg-5-point-night-061458811--nhl.html).  It was a great physical game.  Although I'm a Wings fan I respect the Blues, they have a great mix of young guys and a few veterans.  Tarasenko is on fire.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 6:14am
^ Not a fan of either team but watched parts of the game last night.  The call on Backes was bullshit and cost the Blues a point or two.  

C'mon Avs, get your asses in gear and start winning.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2013 at 8:08am
What a cheap-shot by erksine on simmonds. Not even a penalty was called, at least ronaldo destroyed hendricks. The refs have been horrible this year.
(see it here: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/02/erskine-to-have-disciplinary-hearing-for-elbowing-simmonds/
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 9:02am

San Jose is looking good, they got some good playoff experience last year.

The sharks get some good playoff experience every year it seems like it but still lose. But this is there year. They will follow the bay area, GO 49ers! 
But what is shocking is the kings, it isn't looking like they will make the playoffs this year unless they change something fast.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 9:04am
It's the bay area's year!!! 
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 9:05am

What a cheap-shot by erksine on simmonds. Not even a penalty was called, at least ronaldo destroyed hendricks. The refs have been horrible this year.
(see it here: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/02/erskine-to-have-disciplinary-hearing-for-elbowing-simmonds/

He is gone for 3 games bc of that right? but pretty shocking when you can be suspended for 3 games for a hit and they didn't even call it on the ice. 
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Timmay_650

He is gone for 3 games bc of that right? but pretty shocking when you can be suspended for 3 games for a hit and they didn't even call it on the ice. 

Yea he got a 3 game suspension. It wasn't like the refs didn't see the hit, they were right there. The officiating has been horrible this year. Simmonds is out now with a confusion, his lost hurts the flyers much more than erksine with the caps. Simmonds was arguably are best player so far.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 12:00pm
Danny Briere coming up clutch in OT. Anyone think ovechkin is going to be traded?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>