NHL 2013/ 2013 Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2013/ 2013 Season
    Posted: Jul/10/2013 at 12:12pm
Looks like Tuukka Rask earned himself a nice fat contract worth $56 mil over 7 years. I'm gonna assume that Crawford will get similar or more.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by sideways99

In exchange, the Kings receive forward Matt Frattin, goaltender Ben Scrivens and Toronto’s second round pick in either the 2014 or 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

Sounds good, hopefully that 2nd round pick will be in a good drafting class
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 12:14pm
Yeah I'd like to see Iggy win a cup. He's wasted enough years in Calgary that he at least deserves a chance.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 6:09pm
Worked out pretty well for Hossa...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2013 at 4:22pm
Iginla looks like he's pulled a Hossa. Chose the Pens over the Bruins to "play with the two best players in the world" only to get knocked out in 5 games. Now he's signed with Boston figuring he'll make it farther into the playoffs.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 10:42pm
Leafs sign David Clarkson to a 7-year deal. Nice to have a PF in a leafs uni.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 5:33pm
In exchange, the Kings receive forward Matt Frattin, goaltender Ben Scrivens and Toronto’s second round pick in either the 2014 or 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 9:46am
Originally posted by shwazy

happy to see the Kings trade Bernier to Toronto. He is a hell of a player and he deserves to be a number one goalie.  I expect him to have a great season.

Who did the kings get back in return? 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 8:20am
Talk about dismantling a team. Bruins trade away Seguin and now Horton signs with CBJ to a 7 year deal. Looks like he's lost his desire to win..... or it might be the bling.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 7:33am
happy to see the Kings trade Bernier to Toronto. He is a hell of a player and he deserves to be a number one goalie.  I expect him to have a great season.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2013 at 6:27am

^ Wow, Seguin and Peverly and some prospects for Loui Eriksson and some prospects...  interesting that Boston gave Seguin some chances and he still screwed off:

With his public comments about Seguin's work ethic, we got the sense that the rumours the former 2nd overall pick was on the block were just an attempt to scare him straight. Sure sounds like he needed it, if Joe Haggerty is to be believed:

According to sources around the team, Seguin was out late in Toronto during the road trip to play the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs and the team had to hold a sit-down with the immature forward about his commitment to the team. Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto.

That incident coupled with stories of Seguin’s late night partying during the regular season prompted Peter Chiarelli to say that “[Seguin] needs to become more of a professional” during a tirade at draft weekend. The Bruins attempted to deal Seguin to the Calgary Flames last weekend, but ultimately Flames ownership squashed any deals for the six-year, $5.75 million contract for Seguin while they go through a full rebuild with inexpensive, youthful players.

But Chiarelli was indeed done with Seguin. And thus, he goes, and the Stars will hope that advisor Mark Recchi, who is familiar with him, can work on that professionalism.

Sounds like Seguin was just partying it up with his hometown buddies in Toronto during the playoffs and showing up trashed. Props to PC for making a tough decision and cutting him loose. Guess Seguin was wrong thinking he was gonna get special treatment by being the 2nd overall pick and the future of the Bruins.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 12:20pm
^ Wow, Seguin and Peverly and some prospects for Loui Eriksson and some prospects...  interesting that Boston gave Seguin some chances and he still screwed off:

With his public comments about Seguin's work ethic, we got the sense that the rumours the former 2nd overall pick was on the block were just an attempt to scare him straight. Sure sounds like he needed it, if Joe Haggerty is to be believed:

According to sources around the team, Seguin was out late in Toronto during the road trip to play the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs and the team had to hold a sit-down with the immature forward about his commitment to the team. Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto.

That incident coupled with stories of Seguin’s late night partying during the regular season prompted Peter Chiarelli to say that “[Seguin] needs to become more of a professional” during a tirade at draft weekend. The Bruins attempted to deal Seguin to the Calgary Flames last weekend, but ultimately Flames ownership squashed any deals for the six-year, $5.75 million contract for Seguin while they go through a full rebuild with inexpensive, youthful players.

But Chiarelli was indeed done with Seguin. And thus, he goes, and the Stars will hope that advisor Mark Recchi, who is familiar with him, can work on that professionalism.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2013 at 12:05pm
Wow, Bruins just traded Tyler Seguin to the Stars. Not sure why Boston would trade away their future all-star besides staying within the salary cap. But they do get Eriksson in return who has game. I think Dallas won this deal. Seguin will be a big time player in a couple years. As a Leafs fan, I'm so happy to see Seguin go!
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by magichc

Wow, Lightning just bought out Vinny Lecavalier for a record $32,666,667.  GM Yzerman tried trading him but no teams showed interest, so they bought him out.  Damn, that's a lot of money to tell someone to get lost.

Think about if u were the person that vouched for him and then he is a bust. I'd be like crap, I cost my team this much money and headache

He was an awesome captain for the Lightning. He's been there for years and won a stanley cup with them, so he's done his fair share for the lightning and for the community too. They just signed him to a ridiculous contract for some outrageous reason You'll be seeing more and more buyouts or teams will be stuck with stupidly long contracts they can't afford with the new cap. 

Precisely the same happened with Luongo and that's why the Canucks had to trade Schneider. They couldn't afford both nor could afford to have the toxic environment there and with Cory being the only genuinely tradeable tender, they had to offload him. They should have gotten more, but that's the nature of the game. I hear Edmonton were offering a better deal but Gillis (the GM) didn't want to trade to a divisional rival.

Pretty apprehensive to see how Luongo reacts though. It's gonna take a lot of ass kissing by the GM and the canucks owners to get him truly back on board.. They threw him under the bus big time last season... 

Should be exciting to see how Horvat progresses. If he's a similar player to Bergeron like you say, I'm pretty shtooken excited to see him in action. Hopefully the loss of Cory will be offset by the new guys we've brought in and they can keep us in contention for that elusive Stanley Cup!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by woodyy05

What's everyones thoughts on the draft? Pretty happy with your team's moves or not so much. Gutted would be an understatement that we traded Cory Schneider for only a 9th pick but if Horvat becomes a gun it will be the shrewdest trade in history. Still though, should be interesting to hear what Luongo has to say when he has his first interview.. Overall, pretty happy with the canucks picks. Can't wait to see how Subban compares to his brother in a few years time!
Besides Seth Jones dropping to #4, I think the biggest surprise for me was the Schneider trade. Ridiculous end to a ridiculous story. Lou did say that he had divorced the Canucks and was ready to move on. I'd be worried if I were a nucks fan. He regains the starting job, competition gets traded and the last thing you'd want to hear is him still asking to be traded. On the bright side, if Bo Horvat is anything close to Bergeron then the nucks look scary in a few years. Just so long as its not another kassian debacle.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 1:20pm
Sad to see Bolland go...every team in the league needs a guy like him to win the Cup...at least Bickell was resigned.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2013 at 10:12am

Wow, Lightning just bought out Vinny Lecavalier for a record $32,666,667.  GM Yzerman tried trading him but no teams showed interest, so they bought him out.  Damn, that's a lot of money to tell someone to get lost.

Think about if u were the person that vouched for him and then he is a bust. I'd be like crap, I cost my team this much money and headache
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2013 at 6:55pm
What's everyones thoughts on the draft? Pretty happy with your team's moves or not so much. Gutted would be an understatement that we traded Cory Schneider for only a 9th pick but if Horvat becomes a gun it will be the shrewdest trade in history. Still though, should be interesting to hear what Luongo has to say when he has his first interview.. Overall, pretty happy with the canucks picks. Can't wait to see how Subban compares to his brother in a few years time!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 10:58pm

Originally posted by Von44

Flyers bought out Bryzgalov. God I love that interview of him when he was at the Ducks. It's only game, why, why you heff to be mad? Holmgren said it was purely a business decision but I think he (bryzgalov) had a bit of a personality clash with the rest of the dressing room.. Hopefully that means they might just take Luongo off our hands.. Not holding my breathe on that one though!
Haha I think that's the one line that ppl will remember forever. From the sounds of it, the entire team didn't gel with him at all.

On a side note, Bettman has finally come to the realization that hockey has no place in Arizona!! After relocating the original Jets to Phoenix and having the league keep them there, he just woke up one day and decided it's no longer worth it. What a moron! I'm betting that they move to Quebec city again or it's a second Toronto team.

My money is on either Quebec city or Seattle. Mark my words, a seattle team ain't too far away. There's a good market there/in the surrounding area's with the WHL teams and I know for a fact there is some serious people wanting to throw some serious money behind a team in the North West coastal area.
Come to think of it, weren't the oilers threatening to move the team to Seattle if they didnt get their new arena? Seattle would make sense for an NHL team at least more sense than Phoenix!!
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2013 at 4:43am

Flyers bought out Bryzgalov. God I love that interview of him when he was at the Ducks. It's only game, why, why you heff to be mad? Holmgren said it was purely a business decision but I think he (bryzgalov) had a bit of a personality clash with the rest of the dressing room.. Hopefully that means they might just take Luongo off our hands.. Not holding my breathe on that one though!
Haha I think that's the one line that ppl will remember forever. From the sounds of it, the entire team didn't gel with him at all.

On a side note, Bettman has finally come to the realization that hockey has no place in Arizona!! After relocating the original Jets to Phoenix and having the league keep them there, he just woke up one day and decided it's no longer worth it. What a moron! I'm betting that they move to Quebec city again or it's a second Toronto team.

My money is on either Quebec city or Seattle. Mark my words, a seattle team ain't too far away. There's a good market there/in the surrounding area's with the WHL teams and I know for a fact there is some serious people wanting to throw some serious money behind a team in the North West coastal area.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2013 at 5:34am

woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 10:21pm
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 4:04pm
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 2:02pm

What's the over/under on how many days before Torts explodes in a news conference?

Anyone else find it ironic that Vancouver hired former NY coach Tortorella and NY hired former Vancouver coach Vigneault?

Yeah no kidding! Two very different styles of coaches and two different styles of teams. It was an unofficial coaching trade, if you will. Really hope Tort does well with the nucks and has turned a new leaf.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 5:25am
Do you think the management and owners care about what a player thinks is best for the organisation? Don't think it's them trying to show the players who's boss. Torts isn't necessarily going to come in and crack the whip, it just may be a byproduct of some performances that require that kind of coaching.. I think he will be a little different this time but I guess it's a matter of wait and see until the first puck drops in October. Seems most of the players are pretty excited to have him there.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 4:17am
I also find it ironic that Vancouver hired Torts after Bieska was quoted as saying:

“I don’t think we need somebody to come in and crack the whip,” defenceman Kevin Bieksa said Thursday.

“We can work together toward a common goal. I still believe in this team and that the core can win and that we’re young enough to win. We’re more mature and even-keeled, and maybe (coach’s rants) is appropriate on rare occasions, but every coach has his own strategy and opinions on how they should act."

So, is the Vancouver brass showing Bieska who's in charge by hiring Tortellini?

woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 3:59am

What's the over/under on how many days before Torts explodes in a news conference?

Anyone else find it ironic that Vancouver hired former NY coach Tortorella and NY hired former Vancouver coach Vigneault?

Oh definitely, but I had a feeling they might go for Torts as soon as he got fired from NYR. I think NYR wanted to move away from the rage kinda coach and AV suits that.. he's so calm and never gets angry. But I think that stuff doesn't work, it stops motivating players when you don't have someone constantly demanding all the players to do better. I think both franchises have made good decisions in hiring funnily enough.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 12:47am
So stoked Hawks won the Cup! I'll be attending the parade and rally this friday. Should be fun!
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Witty1

Yeaa buddy...
Touching the cup! Definitely on the bucket list...

They would be so cool to be able to touch and take a pic with the Stanley Cup
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 12:38pm
^

When is his first news conference? Wink
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 10:21am

woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 7:37am

I'm so happy I got up at the crack of dawn to watch the game. What a game and what a series. So happy to see Chicago team win it and glad Kane won the Conn Smythe Trophy.

Canucks finally appointed Torts last night. Pretty happy with that to be honest. I think he's going to bring a whole new dimension to the team. A bit of passion which Vigneault severely lacked in his reign.. 
Should be fun watching him answer questions about Schneider and Luongo. I give him a month into the season before he loses it.

Haha yeah it will be very interesting to see how he goes with the Van media and if it will become a complete circus. I've watched both the Q&A and the press conference and it seems he genuinely wants to turn over a leaf and be better when he deals with the media.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 7:28am

^Haha yep! Canada's beloved game and that's the best place they can put the HHOF. But at least the silverware was upstairs.

Maybe they want hockey to survive the apocolypse? Lock it down in a basement and it'll be safe from world nuclear destruction.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 6:56am

I'm so happy I got up at the crack of dawn to watch the game. What a game and what a series. So happy to see Chicago team win it and glad Kane won the Conn Smythe Trophy.

Canucks finally appointed Torts last night. Pretty happy with that to be honest. I think he's going to bring a whole new dimension to the team. A bit of passion which Vigneault severely lacked in his reign.. 
Should be fun watching him answer questions about Schneider and Luongo. I give him a month into the season before he loses it.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 6:54am

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 5:59am
^Haha yep! Canada's beloved game and that's the best place they can put the HHOF. But at least the silverware was upstairs.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2013 at 4:50am
Several years ago I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.  My first impression: "damn, it's in the basement of an office building?", hockey gets no respect.  The trophy room is impressive, all of the trophies (Stanley Cup, Campbell Bowl, Prince of Wales, Hart, Vezina, etc.) are on display.  They let you take photos standing near the Cup but strongly discourage yuo from touching it.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 12:56pm
Yeaa buddy...
Touching the cup! Definitely on the bucket list...
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 12:40pm
got home at 6am after running around all night all over the city and got to actually touch the cup with 2 fingers as it passed by at harry caray's...i was on vacation in 2010 when they won so i had to make up for it...
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 12:39pm
Glad the Cup is staying in the West, but shtook Chicago.
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 12:32pm
NHL playoffs were awesome..congrats Kane and the Blackhawks.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 9:47am
Bruins pulled a Toronto!! Up a goal with 3:39 left in the game and the hawks net 2 goals in 17 seconds to win it. Congrats to the hawks! Too bad for the bruins. What can you say but karma's a bitch.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 8:36am
That was a helluva series, one of the best in past 10 years or so.  Crazy the way Chicago scored to tie and win the game.  Two Cups in 4 years, congrats Chicago.

While being interviewed Toews told the Chicago bartenders to keep the bars open, the boys were coming home to celebrate.  Sounds like old-time hockey to me.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 8:30am
Were you out celebrating with your team Milutinho?
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 7:53am
The city went crazy last night here in Chicago. Hawks came in at 4 am and went straight to the bars. Lord Stanley was in full party mode last night!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 7:33am
That was a horrible way for the Bruins to lose. Up by a goal with a minute and half left and still lose in regulation. Then watch the Blackhawks celebrate on their ice Ouch.
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2013 at 3:58am
That was a great series, the best in years. A tough loss for the Bruins. Crawford was spectacular but Rask was off and let in a couple of soft goals (particularly the first by the Hawks). Bruins defense faltered and was unstoppable like they were against the Penguins.
myleswilkins View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote myleswilkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 8:34pm
Great job Hawks. They stayed in it until the end and got two great goals for the win.
djmaya View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 7:39pm
2 goals within 30 seconds while being down in the last minute and a half of the third period. You just can;t describe the awesome!
2012 Vapor 162W - 2010 CO2 EST - 2010 Hail
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2013 at 6:50pm
Definitely a hell of a comeback and one hell of a series. 
Congrats Hawks & Bruins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>