NHL 2013/ 2013 Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2013/ 2013 Season
    Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 12:08am
I don't know what's more impressive so far that the Hawks haven't lost in regulation or that the Leafs are 6-1 on the road!! lol
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 3:34am
Chicago's 9-0-2 record is pretty amazing.  I didn't think the goaltending (Crawford and Emery) would be strong for the 'Hawks but they are doing a great job - Crawford .930 S%, 1.82 GAA.

A couple more teams that are surprising me:  New Jersey 7-1-3; Boston 7-1-1; Anaheim 8-2-1.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 7:04am
Nashville's another surprising team. Shea Weber has I think 1 point so far this year. They're playing well even with the loss of sutter. Once weber get's going, look out.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 5:21pm
Kinda surprised Tim Thomas was traded to the Rangers. 

Anyways, watching the Hawks about to pick up another W against the Preds. 3 mins away from a shut out. Loving how we have been playing so far. Definitely looks like the team that won the Cup years back. Really nice to see Kane doing work again after a slumping previous season. Clap
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2013 at 5:51pm
Wtf is up with the Stanley cup champs?  Almost dead last in the west. Doughty is a minus 10. It's great that they're built to be a playoff team but they gotta make it in first. I expected a lot more as defending champs. Datsyuk with another highlight goal on the kings.

@chitownron - Thomas was traded to NYI not the Rangers.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2013 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Von44

Wtf is up with the Stanley cup champs?  Almost dead last in the west. Doughty is a minus 10. It's great that they're built to be a playoff team but they gotta make it in first. I expected a lot more as defending champs. Datsyuk with another highlight goal on the kings.

@chitownron - Thomas was traded to NYI not the Rangers.
yeah with this shortened season they do not have time to waste.  I see a turn around soon...too much talent.  They are missing Green and Mitchell.
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 7:35pm
I love brodeur but that first goal he gave up today was weak.
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2013 at 9:35pm
NY Rangers almost gifted the Bruins the game tonight... Close call...
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 7:56am
Flyers comming up clutch with a come-back win. I don't think they're good enough to win the cup, but you never know ice when you get to the playoffs.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 3:37pm
Giroux needs to get going. I feel once he starts scoring then the flyers attack wakes up big!

Also hate to be a cbj fan right now. That club is a mess.
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2013 at 6:36pm
Can't see Philly making the playoffs, just doesn't look to be firing, Giroux us a stud though...
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 6:56am
I wonder what the Kings will do if jonathan bernier starts outplaying Quick.  He was supposed to be the guy all along but Quick took his game to another level last year and they rewarded him with a huge long term deal.  Quick hasn't performed at the same level to start this year and with the shortened season I do not know if they can roll him out there if Bernier gives them a better chance to win at the moment.  Bernier would start on most teams and he looked great against the Blues making key saves.  They need to trade him though if they plan on him being a back up because he deserves to start somewhere.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 8:07am
L.A. appears to be suffering from the Stanley Cup Hangover.  Quick was a stud last season, so far this season he is 3-4-2, .891 sv%, 2.70 GAA.

More on the Kings and 4 other disappointing teams:

http://tinyurl.com/bkdq42f

(edited, the original URL was ugly)
richardvoyageur View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote richardvoyageur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2013 at 8:36am
Horrible injury to Karlson last night for Sens fans.  Minimum 4 months with a lacerated Achilles tendon.  That was tough to watch, it sliced right through.

The Bruins sure are rolling along, they never give up and you can see it in that game with the rangers on Tuesday.  You don't often see two goals scored with your goalie pulled.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 12:09am
Originally posted by richardvoyageur

Horrible injury to Karlson last night for Sens fans.  Minimum 4 months with a lacerated Achilles tendon.  That was tough to watch, it sliced right through.
it was a tough injury for sens fans as their star player gets taken out by a goon like Matt Cooke. But at the same time, nothing puts a smile on my face than to see the fans in agony.
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 4:45am
I dont think Cook did that on purpose, its hella tragic though.  He has cleaned up his act the last couple years.  He isn't as much fun to watch either.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 5:11am
Cooke's a goon, but it didn't look like it was intentional. I've came to the conclusion that the flyers are a very average team. Probably best to suck for seth jones.
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 5:38am
Patrick Kane is the man, 21 points and has his team in first.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2013 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by jstgermain

That draft still kills me. We end up with JVR, and you guys get the superstar Kane. I guess the whole drinking thing hasn't affected him.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by jstgermain

does he still beat up cabbies over pocket change?
CassinoNorth View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CassinoNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 4:55pm
The Devils have looked a little sluggish in the past couple games. Definitely seem to be lacking some forward depth. Hopefully Zubrus comes back real quick and the top 9 sures up big time.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2013 at 5:01pm
With the Avs sucking I haven't watched much hockey although I have been following the Blackhawks who are still unbeaten in regulation.
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2013 at 5:44am
Hope the Av's bought the refs a nice steak dinner after blowing that offside call last night. 
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 9:08am
Flyers vs penguins should be a good game. We owned them last year at the consol center, but we suck on the road this year.
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 10:49am
Over/ Under for Pens v Flyers is going to have to be around 8 or 9 going forward. Goaltending just goes out the window when they get together.

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 1:35pm
Kings starting to look more like the team of last year.  Bernier looked great again last night. They must be able to get a crap load for him.  If I was them I would trade Quick if you could get back a big haul and roll with him.  Kinda of crappy though since Quick was instrumental in their first title but it all depends on the two players trade value because I think they both are A goalies.
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 1:37pm
Can someone tell the Rangers to actually start playing?
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2013 at 4:41am
Rangers gave away too much for Nash and now he's injured. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2013 at 5:00am
The Avs at 7-7-1 really haven't done anything to show they are heading in the right direction although the 1-0 OT win over St. Louis was nice.  Hejduk is looking like a 37 year old, some nights he looks like the slowest skater on the ice.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2013 at 5:24am
Bryzgalov is a joke. He can play well without any pressure, but once he let's in a goal he's done. Can't believe we gave this guy a 9yr deal. Amnesty maybe?
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 9:04am
Kings dominant yesterday against the Avs...big game against the Ducks tomorrow.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 12:14pm
Aw yeahhhh, my Hawks going for another game without a regulation loss! Even though the Blue Jackets are doing bad, Hawks can't snooze on them and let that fact get to their heads. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 4:59pm
Can someone please help the Rangers? Anyone?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:00am
Originally posted by lienair

What does that have to do with the Nash injury? I guess you'll change your mind once Nash starts scoring and the Rangers do well again?

On a side note, still very impressed with the Hawks and their unbeaten run thus far. Absolutely cruising right now at 15-0-3 to start a shortened season. Waiting to see if and which team will be the first to knock them from cloud 9.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 10:25am

Originally posted by lienair

What does that have to do with the Nash injury? I guess you'll change your mind once Nash starts scoring and the Rangers do well again?

On a side note, still very impressed with the Hawks and their unbeaten run thus far. Absolutely cruising right now at 15-0-3 to start a shortened season. Waiting to see if and which team will be the first to knock them from cloud 9.

I think it is good for them that it is a shortened season...so they might not have to worry about peaking too early.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 2:22pm
When you have a stud like Lundqvist, you shouldn't be to worried. The rangers will make the playoffs and who knows from there on.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 6:56pm
Blackhawks strike again! 19 straight games with a point and without a regulation loss. We're watching history in the making people! Man it feels good to be a hawks fan right now. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 3:13am
^ That is an incredible streak the Blackhawks are on right now, simply amazing (and that's coming from a Red Wings fan).

I'm hoping the proposed league re-alignment is real and not just someone blowing smoke up our arses.  Detroit playing in the Western Conference has always been a mystery to me.  Although I would miss the games against Chicago, San Jose and St. Louis but I would not miss games against Columbus, Phoeniz and Minnesota.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 5:11am
Don't the '79/'80 flyers hold the record at 25-0-10 or something like that? Hawks are on a nice run but far from breaking the record.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2013 at 10:10am
Originally posted by ctoma

I'm hoping the proposed league re-alignment is real and not just someone blowing smoke up our arses.  Detroit playing in the Western Conference has always been a mystery to me.  Although I would miss the games against Chicago, San Jose and St. Louis but I would not miss games against Columbus, Phoeniz and Minnesota.

What I don't get about the realignment is why the 2 FL teams are grouped with the Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, etc. division. They should just move the 2 NYC teams up and group everything south of that together. They should also bump Columbus to the Central division to make the 2 conferences have even number of teams.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 8:02am
^I know what you mean and agree but I think then you'd have to bring Jersey up as well since it's close to both NY teams. It doesn't look bad. Interested to see how things turn out next year.
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 8:49am
Marchand on fire
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 8:59am
Briere rumored to be traded to either the bruins or blues.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2013 at 2:22pm

Don't the '79/'80 flyers hold the record at 25-0-10 or something like that? Hawks are on a nice run but far from breaking the record.

Had no clue. Then what I was referring to was they broke the record for consecutive games with a point to start the season. 

Ok, looked into it a lil bit. Flyers do hold longest winning streak. But it wasn't to start off the season. They lost their second game to Atlanta then started that streak. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 11:03am
Big game by Kadri last night against the Isles with a hat-trick at the old Colliseum. It's been a long time waiting for this kid to become the player Leaf fans have been hoping for. Now he's the leading scorer on the team. Looks like Burke got something right.
nifeblade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote nifeblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 9:56pm
do you guys think the sharks will make the playoffs the way theyre playing?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by nifeblade

do you guys think the sharks will make the playoffs the way theyre playing?

If they get their shit together and start playing better they definitely have a good chance. 

21 straight games with a point to open up the season for the Hawks! Killin it! Clap
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2013 at 2:19pm
The flames gm lucked out. They would have gave up a 1st and a 3rd and not have gotten O'rielly.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 3:20pm
Flames are so done. They should just trade Iginla and get some picks to rebuild for the future.
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 4:08pm
Absolutely Amazing!!! The Blackhawks stretch the undefeated mark to 22 with another OT win! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>