NHL 2013/ 2013 Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 89101112>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2013/ 2013 Season
    Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 7:53am
Rask is quietly becoming one of the premier tenders in this league much like Crawford. Like I said in an earlier post, I'd rather root for the hawks so I don't see Boston succeed. But if they were able to sweep the pens and shutdown Sid and Malkin then it leads me to believe they can do the same to the hawks attack.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 8:45am
You're right about Rask. A lot of goalies have started making a name for themselves these last few years in the playoffs by coming up huge for their teams.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 9:43am
It just hurts to know that he was once a highly touted Leafs prospect before he got traded for the great Andrew Raycroft! This fine organization always seems to manage to shoot themselves in the foot.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 6:55pm
This Kings game is driving me nuts, longest playoffs game in Kings history. Just hurry up and score on the blackhawks so u can rest for the next win :-)
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 7:16pm
Chicago - Boston Stanley Cups Finals.  Should be a really good series.
Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Spenser W.

Kings will probably take one game at home, but I'm sticking with my prediction of Chicago in 5.  

Just to quote myself, I definitely predicted this one!

And to the person who said the longest game in history a couple posts up, I'm pretty sure the longest NHL game in history was in the 30s and went deep into the 6th OT.  Can you imagine?  I would be eating pizza and taking a nap in between periods.  And if it was the 30s, probably smoking cigarettes and drinking some booze, cuz I'm pretty sure that's how they did it back in the day.

Anyway, back on topic, that game was pretty crazy at times.  Who actually scores right off a faceoff with 10 seconds left in the game?  That hail-mary play NEVER works.  Kane's hatty to end the game was a pretty sweet one-timer also.  Quick is good, but if his D is gonna pinch and leave a 2-on-1 with Toews and Kane, they're going to beat him.  Stanley Cup finals should be a good series.
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 7:33pm
Spencer -  that guy said "longest playoffs game in KINGS history". It sounds like you're talking about the whole NHL
Spenser W. View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Spenser W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by magichc

Spencer -  that guy said "longest playoffs game in KINGS history". It sounds like you're talking about the whole NHL

You're totally right, I misread that.  NBC announcers definitely said it was the longest game in Kings history.  My bad!
2011 159 YES Typo II
2010 Triads
2011 Impreza
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2013 at 11:23pm
This should be an entertaining SCF! I'll root for the hawks but I'm predicting Boston takes it in 6.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2013 at 8:10am
^ Tough to call.  It's definitely a good matchup, both teams can play gritty, both can score, both can play tough defense.  Goaltending may be the difference maker.

Conspiracy theories be damned, I gotta go with Chicago in 7.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Spenser W.

Originally posted by magichc

You're totally right, I misread that.  NBC announcers definitely said it was the longest game in Kings history.  My bad!

no problem, sometimes I read people's post too fast also. Who is the underdog for the SCF??
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2013 at 8:27am
Well congrats to Blackhawk fans.  Ultimately they were the better team and won the series.  Kopitar came alive on offense a little too late and Brown really was a non factor on O.  Looks like Von you were right. Too bad the Kings couldn't pull that one out because if Kopitar would have turned it on which it seemed like he was going to do they are another notch up as a team. I like their chances next year though...Muzzin and Toffoli are good additions to an already solid group.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2013 at 11:23pm
Chicago in 6. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 5:52am
The finals is gonna come down to the goal tenders for sure. We'll find out in two days.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 6:51am
Hard not to like Boston...they just dismantled the Penguins who many picked to win it all.  Should be a great series though that should go 6 or 7.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 8:17am
Can't wait for this series to start. I honestly believe that this series can go either way and I anticipate a full 7 game series. Yes Boston thrashed Pittsburgh but Chicago also did work on the defending champions. We are in for a great series either way.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 5:42am
I'm taking Boston to win tonight 2-1.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 7:37am
I am taking whoever my friend bets against.  I set the line as Blackhawks -1 (I know usually hockey doesn't do spreads, but this seemed fair, so I could get on either side).
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 7:48pm
dang this is a long game... 
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 8:00pm
Wow.. Hawks win...
What a flukey goal... 2 re-directs and then in!
But that's generally what happens in the late late games!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Witty1

Wow.. Hawks win...
What a flukey goal... 2 re-directs and then in!
But that's generally what happens in the late late games!

Yeah man the 2 re-directs was insane to end it! Crawford made a lot of some great saves as well. Even defenders had some huge blocks and puck dumps away from Crawford. What a huge comeback win. 3!
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 3:54am
That was a great first game. Sorry to see the Bruins give up the 2 goal lead in the 3rd and then fall in 3 OT's. The Bruins will throw this one away and come back hard for Game 2.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 4:41am
Holy crap that was a fun game to watch!!!  

120 hits, 117 shots, 114 faceoffs in more than 112 minutes... they are going to be too tired to play Game 2.  Good thing Game 2 is on 6/15, give the boys a rest.

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 6:11am
I don't know how the East Coaster's stayed up for it all.  I disagree with snowmen.  I think Boston needed to steal this one.  I don't think they'll come back particularly hard with an energized Chicago crowd.  The might have lost 2 games last night.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 7:09am
Damn game 1 goes to triple ot! Boston def let that one slip away. Up 3-1 with 15 mins left in the third and they let the other team comeback to win. Reminds me of the game 7 of their first rd with the leafs. Karma is a bitch! Take that Bruins!
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Von44

Damn game 1 goes to triple ot! Boston def let that one slip away. Up 3-1 with 15 mins left in the third and they let the other team comeback to win. Reminds me of the game 7 of their first rd with the leafs. Karma is a bitch! Take that Bruins!

Living on the east coast let me tell you it's very difficult to stay up for games like that. Power naps for 15 minutes between overtime periods are sometimes a necessity.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 7:38am
Originally posted by steezemisterr

Originally posted by Von44

Living on the east coast let me tell you it's very difficult to stay up for games like that. Power naps for 15 minutes between overtime periods are sometimes a necessity.
Lol I hear ya Steeze! But if I take a nap I don't wake up til the morning. 
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 8:40am
Fell asleep on the couch at the intermission between OT 2 & 3. Woke up 30 seconds before goal was scored. Saw goal, went to bed. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by lienair

Fell asleep on the couch at the intermission between OT 2 & 3. Woke up 30 seconds before goal was scored. Saw goal, went to bed. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Haha, talk about some good timing. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 1:28pm

That is pretty lucky... 
The east cost people have it tough.... what if it was a series between Bos vs LA or SJ?? that would have hurt a LOT of sleep schedules. 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 11:13am
Horton is day to day with an apparent upper body injury. That def hurts the Bruins chances at evening up the series. If he doesn't play in game 2, I don't think Boston will win a game.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Witty1

That is pretty lucky... 
The east cost people have it tough.... what if it was a series between Bos vs LA or SJ?? that would have hurt a LOT of sleep schedules. 

Just one of many reasons to move out West :)
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Haha, talk about some good timing. 

super lucky. It's not everyday you sleep through a whole game and wake up right before the winning goal. Good job :-)
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 5:36am
But there was a lot missed out on too.  Not scoring so much...but lots of shots and great energy.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 9:49am
Yeah if you just want to see the goals then you can just watch the highlight reel the next day. There's a lot that goes on during the game that tells a better story than the end result may indicate
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 11:27am
very true....

So everyone....
Predictions for tonight??
I think that Boston will come out hard and want to take the lead quick. Carry momentum into Boston. 
I'm thinking Boston 3-2
I could be very wrong... but hey! I don't have any stakes in this... 
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 11:30am
I'm thinking 3-2 CHI in overtime. I think its gonna be the kind of game that will come down to one mistake to decide it.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 2:01pm
Ooo Overtime again... You're really hard on the east coasters LOLWink
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 2:06pm
I'm taking Chicago 3-1 in regulation, last goal into an empty net.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 4:31pm
I can't believe Hawks were able to get 19 shots in the first period.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 3:40am
Holy crap, another OT game (only 1 OT this time).  This is shaping up to be one of the best SC Finals matchups in recent history.  These 2 teams are evenly matched, every game will be a battle.

Monday night in Boston.... my prediction:

Boston    3
Chicago   2

In regulation, every game can't go to OT.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 8:11am
^great game last night. Very thankful it didn't go as long as triple ot. But I'm gonna stick to the ot streak and will also say 3-2 Boston OT.

However Boston got lucky with the goal that actually snuck in under Rask but the ref blew the play dead cuz he lost sight of it. Idk why the instant replay wasn't in effect but I guess it's different for the playoffs.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 11:14pm
Once the LA Kings lost in the semi finals. I stopped paying attention to the NHL games and watched most of them online streaming in stead of downloading it 
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 6:02am
I would love another OT game.  This is the way it should be.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 6:56am
Having OT in the finals has to be exhilarating but probably nerve wrecking as heck to the fans and players
djmaya View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 6:18pm
That was the worse I have seen the Hawks play this season.
Game 4 go hawks!
2012 Vapor 162W - 2010 CO2 EST - 2010 Hail
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 9:55pm
Solid win by the Bruins. They limited the Hawks speed. Dominant in faceoffs and forecheck just totally sucked the life out of the Hawks. It's gonna be tough to take the next 3 of 4 from Boston with the way they've played.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 11:08pm
So disappointed with the Hawks performance today. The bruins absolutely dominated them on all aspects of the play plus it always helps to have a goaltender on fire like Rask is. The next game is absolutely huge.

Anybody else get a serious kick/laugh out of the guy that sings the national anthem at the Bruins home games!?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 5:33am
I read that the team that win game 3 after splitting the first two games go on to win the series 21 of 25 times since the best of 7 format began. It's not impossible but def an uphill battle for the hawks now. Every win the Bs get just hurts me more as a leafs fan knowing our prospects are leading he way. Arghhh! Go hawks!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 6:13am
This has been one of the best SC Finals in a long time, two teams evenly matched up and battling every second on the ice. 

Boston was the better team last night - faceoffs (71%), penalty kill (100%), power play (33%), hits (31-25), blocked shots (17-7).

Bruins can take a commanding 3 games to 1 series lead on Wednesday, my bold fearless prediction:

Boston   3
Chicago  1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>