NHL 2013/ 2013 Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
A.Tup View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote A.Tup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2013/ 2013 Season
    Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 4:52pm
People need to stop saying undefeated, the Hawks arent undefeated. Undefeated and unbeaten in regulation are different
Michigan Tech Paintball #12
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by A.Tup

People need to stop saying undefeated, the Hawks arent undefeated. Undefeated and unbeaten in regulation are different
Ok, that is true but still a pretty amazing run that they have going.
A.Tup View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote A.Tup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2013 at 5:06pm
o yeah def an awesome run but just like i said with the wings when we were on out 22 home game streak wont matter unless u hoist that cup
Michigan Tech Paintball #12
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 9:22am
^ The Blackhawks have extended their NHL record season-opening points streak to 22 games, amazing.  The record looked like it was in jeopardy until Wings D-man Ericsson took a stupid Delay of Game penalty with 2:30 left.  Kane scored on the power play to keep the streak alive.

Chicago has 41 points in 22 games, the closest teams (in terms of points) are Montreal and Anaheim, both with 32 points.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 10:32am

o yeah def an awesome run but just like i said with the wings when we were on out 22 home game streak wont matter unless u hoist that cup
agreed. Doesn't matter what's done in the reg season, it's the end result which counts.
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 12:12pm
tough last night for the Bs without Chara in the third.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Von44

agreed. Doesn't matter what's done in the reg season, it's the end result which counts.

That doesn't stop the fact that holding records is pretty damn awesome.  
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 6:12am
Dude the hawks are gonna lose eventually. 7 of their last 8 games have been one goal wins so I just want to prepare you for the shock. Hawks streak will come to an end so don't make see like the pope has died. Lol
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2013 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Von44

Dude the hawks are gonna lose eventually. 7 of their last 8 games have been one goal wins so I just want to prepare you for the shock. Hawks streak will come to an end so don't make see like the pope has died. Lol

Yeah I know they're gonna lose eventually.  I am prepared.  Pope resigned, close enough.
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 12:58pm
cant believe they came back from 3-0 to beat the Bs
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 4:15am
Wow! The Blackhawks keep on rolling beating the Avalanche last night. It's a matter of time before a regular season lose occurs but this has been a fun run to watch! Go HAWKS!!! 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 5:32am
Hawks got lucky with that Carcillo gw in the last minute. It is amazing that they somehow find a way to keep on winning but that first loss is starting to creep up.

Also Canadian icon, Stompin Tom Connors, has died at 77. Most famous for the "hockey song".

RIP Tom

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 12:57pm
Out of all people coming through, surprised it was Carcillo. That game was so intense to watch! You might call it luck to have won in the last minute, but the way we're playing, I'm calling it skill and determination. Clap
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2013 at 1:12pm
in other hockey news...kings rolling
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 7:31am
So it looks like Detroit will end up back in the East if the league approves the re-alignment. But if this happens, Chicago will not lose a divisional game for the next decade! Also feel bad for Columbus, cuz wherever they go, they'll never make the playoffs.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2013 at 8:34am
I will say that I think they should label the streak as, "Most games to start a season without a suffering a regulation loss".  You used to be able to not garnish a point when you went to overtime so technically the streak is easier to maintain now....well I just looked at their schedule and my point is moot anyways since all three OT loses went to shootout which means in the past those all would have ended in ties. 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 9:32pm
Still, congrats to the Hawks for putting together an awesome start. I wonder if this is the start of a losing streak?
nifeblade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote nifeblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2013 at 9:47pm
what's happening to the sharks? anyone else here think they might not even make the playoffs?
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 10:55am
I can't imagine being a columbus fan. The flyers have been playing awful hockey for the past 3 games and it's terrible. Eventually, some of those #1 picks on columbus have to break out.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 4:20pm
^ Maybe they should find a new gm that could get #1 picks for trading a Nash type player away first. lol But they haven't had a good history of draft picks besides him. So I can't see any breakout stars happening any time soon.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2013 at 11:58pm
Well well Hawks lose to the Oilers? Looks like a losing streak to me.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2013 at 2:09am
It was a helluva streak while it lasted, 21-0-3.  I am surprised my crappy Avs handed Chicago its' first loss in regulation.  And now the Blue Jackets are on a 5 game winning streak?  Bizarro world, Jerry.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 12:50pm
another shootout win for the Bs
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2013 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by pyrotechnics

another shootout win for the Bs
only cuz that one sens player tried some stupid circus trickshot and handed the win to them. What a bonehead move! So glad I'm not a sens fan.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 8:37am
Chicago and Anaheim are dominating the West while Pitts and Montreal (surprise!) are leading the East.

With 11-13 games left for each team this could shape up to be wild finish for a playoff spot.  Only 6 points separates the 15th place team from 8th place (and final playoff spot) in the West, 8 points separates 15th from 8th in the East.

Florida's -35 goal differential is horrendous... I guess that's what you get when you have Clemmensen (2-3-2, .852 SV%, 4.28 GAA) and Markstrom (1-5-1, .891 SV%, 3.29 GAA) in net and a mostly no-name defense.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by sideways99

Chicago and Anaheim are dominating the West while Pitts and Montreal (surprise!) are leading the East.

With 11-13 games left for each team this could shape up to be wild finish for a playoff spot.  Only 6 points separates the 15th place team from 8th place (and final playoff spot) in the West, 8 points separates 15th from 8th in the East.
I'm not a habs fan but them being one of the top teams in the East shouldn't come as a surprise really. They did have a terrible year last year, but before that, they were in a game 7 with the B's just 1 goal away from moving onto the cup finals. Not much has really changed with that team. Its just more of a shock that they're up there with Pitts cuz they don't have the star power.

As for the west, it's gonna be tight as to which team moves on. Every game is gonna be huge from this point on even if it means going to OT and getting that 1 pt.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 9:04pm
What a nail biter in that hawks/stars game. Looks like they're rolling again.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 12:10pm
that slapshot of Krejci's knee looked brutal...Ouch
brokeboarder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote brokeboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 1:36pm
everyone get ready for another victory for the hawks! 23-2....or should I say 24-2. lord Stanley will be seeing the hawks again!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 7:07am
So the Ducks have locked Getzlaf and Perry to 8 year deals. Guess Ryan is the odd man out. Pure trade bait.
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 7:58am
^Should have tried to move him before signing Perry or set up sign and trade (8yrs.). Now everyone knows they need to unload him. Still he should get them something decent back.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 3:27am
Gonna be interesting to see the trades take place. Still think Iginla gets traded.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 1:01pm
lost the lead and couldnt hang on...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 1:59am
That was a good game between hawks and ducks. Good chance that could be the western conf final. If it came down to it I can see the ducks moving on to the cup finals using their size on the smaller hawk team.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 3:39am
That was a helluva game, playoff intensity was flowing.  Ducks rallied in the 3rd to tie and take the lead.  

Teemu, at age 42, is just amazing - a pure goalscorer (I still remember his rookie season with the Jets, 76 G with 56 A - amazing).  Currently at #11 on the all-time Goals list.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 3:09am
I think his goal celebration is still one of the more unique ones today. Throws a glove in the air and pretends to shoot it down. Impressed by how long of a career he's had. This guy is simply amazing!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 6:57am
Iginla traded to Pittsburgh. Damn, Pens are loaded! Not to mention they got Morrow a few days a go too. Looks like it's a Pens/Hawks cup finals barring any injuries and they don't run into a hot goalie.
s2bing View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote s2bing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 7:22am
Canucks picked up their sixth win in a row last night, things are looking a bit better than they did at the start of the season.  Now if we could just get Kesler back healthy, we'd be in even better  shape.  Schneider finally coming into form too.
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 12:04am
Pens are really starting to piss me off. (Devils fan)
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 5:43am
Originally posted by xxbeachbum0804xx

Pens are really starting to piss me off. (Devils fan)
Why cuz the Pens are making moves to improve their chances at the cup? Nobody said devils couldn't do the same. Or you just pissed marquee players don't have NJ on their list of teams to betrayed to? So much for that awesome season.

I'm more confused as to how Ryan Clowe is the next best player on the trade block. The guy has zero goals! Guess it depends on what teams are looking for.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 7:20am
more like because since the devils beat them twice in a row the devils are on what could be a season ending slide and the pens prob havnt lost since then lol. its hands down gonna be Pens vs. Hawks for the cup.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 7:34am
Buffalo just made another trade for nothing but draft picks. One in the 2014 draft and one for 2015. They really need to start making moves to get players now instead of taking chances on draft picks.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 7:38am
^Sabres aren't gonna make the playoffs. Its best for them to trade away vets and get something for them as opposed to them just leaving.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 7:51am
I read somewhere that the sabres are gearing up for a run in the next couple of years. They're going the penguin route, but you can't complain when you see how that transformed pittsburgh.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 7:01am
I can't see that happening if they're thinking about trading the captain Pomminville away.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 12:56pm
how about Gaborik going to Columbus!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 6:29am
Originally posted by xxbeachbum0804xx

how about Gaborik going to Columbus!
Didn't expect him to get moved. In a sense, it was almost a Nash for Gaborik deal.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 7:05am
Looks like the Habs are peaking at the right time. They could sneak the top spot in the East from the Pens.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 8:54am
The real problem with the Sabres is they have Darcy Regier making all of these decisions when apparently they are planning on releasing him after this season. If that is true I wouldn't want him making any more major decisions for the future of the team.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 5:17pm
Caps are rollin. Ovy is on fire at the right time. Already got 23 goals and counting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>