Step-In Bindings-

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StrewthSnowboards View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote StrewthSnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Step-In Bindings-
    Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 5:40pm
At the risk of being flamed into hell, here is a link to (another Kickstarter) we're running;

www.indiegogo.com/strewthsnowboard

Take a look and let us know what you think. Putting on the flame retardant undies now....
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 5:55pm
This is actually a really cool idea! On first glance, my only concern would be that snow can stuff up underneath the footbed when the binding is in open position. And how do you keep the toe strap from changing position when not strapped in?
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote StrewthSnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 6:06pm
Thanks for the comment Lux.

You do get a small amount of snow under the footbed occasionally in certain conditions. Not when riding, but only when open & skating with a fair layer of powder. Have designed it to cope with a fair amount of snow packed under the footbed without causing any problems.

If it gets too much, which is not often, the footbed just flips up and can be brushed out. Have rarely had to do this so far.

The ratchets are fairly "stiff" to prevent movement. If you skate with your foot in front of the binding, and give it a good kick, it can move. Looking into a locking design for this, but again it is an occasional problem so far. Bit more tweaking to do.

Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming.
gsoccer04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gsoccer04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 6:11pm
Some interesting tech added to the step in, definitely interested in seeing these progress and hopefully be successful..

heres a hyperlink as well so its easier to access the page..

www.indiegogo.com/strewthsnowboard

best of luck
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 6:12pm
I find it funny that you are already expecting the flames. Even mention it in the first line of your post. Doesn't come off very confident of the thing you are trying to promote.

ANYways...meh. Not for me. I have never been a fan of any "step in" style binders. Traditional guy at heart, and regardless of anything that comes out in the future (even if I think it's better) I will always stick to traditional binders. I just don't like that many moving parts in something that holds me to my deck. A product could have a 100 percent safety testing/use for decades, and I still can't get behind that type of moving part.

Also, I rarely sit down to strap into my board, and the times I do it's not really an issue as snow pant tech is pretty stellar these days. So the times I do sit down, it's kind of hard for the snow to get past my 15 and 20k water ratings. 

Honestly, whenever I see people try to redesign bindings, I always wonder what would of happened if all that energy was used to try to make a solid, traditional binder that performs well at a cheaper price point.

I do wish the best for you. I know there are a lot of people out there that ride flow's/step ins, so I hope things take off for you. I always like to see people create themselves and start from scratch, and for that I commend you. Thumbs Up
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 6:15pm
let me preface this by saying I am not a "convenience" product guy at all.  I like two straps, full camber, black jackets.. you get the idea.  the first time I saw a convenience binding that actually seemed pretty cool was the more recent GNU fastec bindings, basically the same concept but without the auto feature that yours has.  at first that's all I thought it was, but then kept reading and saw that your straps and highback are "activated" by stepping into the binding.  as much as I'm not a convenience guy just to save 10 seconds, this is actually a pretty rad concept.  if applied right and assuming it does work well, you've got something good here I think.  it may not fill a big space in the industry, but there is a space for it I think.

one thing you will have to work on is the aesthetic of your binding, but I'm sure that's on your mind.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by batmanwest

I find it funny that you are already expecting the flames. Even mention it in the first line of your post. Doesn't come off very confident of the thing you are trying to promote.

to be fair, that's most likely because the nature of internet forums is that they're full of idiots and assholes who jump all over people in an instant.  I doubt this guy isn't confident, but rather aware of how lame the interwebz can be, hah.  also is probably aware of the massive negativity toward step ins and flow-esque bindings.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by spenser

to be fair, that's most likely because the nature of internet forums is that they're full of idiots and assholes who jump all over people in an instant.

Fair enough, pretty good point actually.

Another thing though OP, I could see these big with some park rats at places in the midwest/small hills. I know I see a ton of kids at my local hill sporting step in style binders. When a lap of your park can take as little as 45 seconds (not lying...seriously not lyingLOL) I bet some people would be into the concept that you could actually "click in" while getting off the lift, thus beating some of the massive pile of people at the top strapping in.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote StrewthSnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 6:33pm
Thanks guys. The flaming reference was not about the product, more as spenser said about the nature of forums. Most posts like this get shot down.

We're confident about the binding and improving all the time. Feedback from forum readers has already lead to improvements.

The main aim is to see if people are into the concept, which so far is looking pretty positive, and get feedback.

Thanks for the replies, and please keep them coming.

Cheers

2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2013 at 8:30pm
Interesting concept. I'm also not much of a gimmicky guy, but this seems more solid than Flows and K2s Cinch system.
My concerns will be the snow getting into the footbed but you have already explain.
Second, you guys said light weight materials are used, but how light compare to other quick in/out systems and traditional bindings with traditional baseplates?
Third, how's the flex for the bindings? Flex of baseplate, highback's lateral and longitudinal flex?
Forth, how's board feel with these?
Fifth, what kind of adjustments do these bindings have?
Lastly, how's the footbed and ankle straps?

My suggestion will be try to thin out the baseplate as much as you can to increase board feel, flex, and decrease weight.

Good luck and look forward to see your company and your bindings grow.
More colors will help sales too.

I've only have time to watch the video so far.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 8:38am
I like the easy in and out it offers. Def. better and easier than flows and k2s Cinch. I think it's a cool concept and like batmanwest said, the kids at the park with small hills would love shaving off that time to strap in. But I'm always sketchy about bindings like these. I would always think, are my straps tight enough, or did they get loose from my last run? So I'd tighten my straps and then that would make re-entry or exit difficult from the tight straps. (Experience from rear entry bindings) Am I locked in well enough, or is there a chance i didn't fully lock in? Rode with bindings not fully locked in because the locking system was filled snow and thinking it was locked in because it wouldn't move in anymore. A secure system and some kind of indicator that I'm fully locked in would make me more confident riding this binding.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 10:44am
I would think the binding would release if you were like flying through trees because all you need to do to release is put the tab, but other than that it looks solid.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
markyjas View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote markyjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 11:25am
I like it.  I agree it's probably not for everybody, but there are definitely people out there who would prefer it.  It seems like you really thought this idea through, but I'd have to see and try a finished product to be sure.

To what 2zz was asking:

I'm sure you can change materials to offer various flex, weight options, strap qualities, colors etc. without affecting the core mechanic of this system and I'm sure these will come later if the idea sells.  But since you are already going to have to compete with other similar technologies from established brands, it might not be a bad idea to get on some of these earlier as a way of drawing interest.

Originally I was concerned about the quick release, but as long as it requires enough force that it couldn't be popped up by riding through snow it should be ok.

Good luck!
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:19pm
Dude this is a really good idea. If your post has good merit we aren't going to flame you. That happens to a holes who just spam stupid mindless crap that has no relevance

This is actually asking your fellow boarders to support your idea if they like it. At least that's how I would have worded it.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 12:30pm
It looks like it would be easier, but I have to agree with BMW- the fewer moving parts on the binding, the safer I feel. I have no issues with strap in bindings, and rarely sit down to buckle in. I've even moved back to over the top toe strap instead of the capstrap I used on my cartels. *Thank you Union for bringing me back to better response! Anyways, my point is simply that if it isn't broken, I'm going to keep using what is solid, proven, and trustworthy.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
SoCalRyder View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My little guy showin up the old man

Quote SoCalRyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 1:47pm
+ Great idea.
+ I like the simplicity (no loose screws etc) you claim in your description
+ hopefully this design will improve. It can only get better from here right?
- Price point when it is released. The flow example is why you dont see a ton of flow bindings out there. At least not at the hills I go to.
- Hate the name.
- I was wondering if you could have more black parts... and I normally like all black.
- It's not too steezy.
- It might be the pic but the footbed looks really thick. After riding Unions and even EST's I prefer the increased board feel from a thinner footbed/baseplate.
- $200 investment that doesn't return for 10 months.
- the 15 seconds it takes me to strap in is not that critical so I wouldn't buy in unless the price point lowered.

You don't need indiegogo or kickstarter. Just strap these to some key pro boarders and if they like them you've won half the battle. Hell give them to some upcoming boarders and have them rep them for you out on the street. Word of mouf is golden. Let's start with me. I would gladly test these out for you...

If you have the Union frame of mind/marketing plan I see this as successful. Otherwise you've positioned yourself to be bought out in the future or a dying fad like the original step-in bindings.

Threadjack alert! - Indiegogo/kickstarter and the like are pretty cool. I've bought into some really cool ideas. Check out this idea.
Bluetooth Sticker
I'm using it for my cam/vid equipment to keep it from getting stolen when I'm out shooting. I think the snowboard application is to attach one to your snowboard and have it signal you if it gets a certain distance from you. Like when you are hanging out or in the bathroom or something. I'm using mine to attach to my GoPro when I use it to vid something where I can't monitor it all the time.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 3:04pm
wouldn't it lose control because the toe and caps are movable?
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 3:06pm
looks like a scott logo infringement to me 
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote StrewthSnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 3:52pm
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Overall so far it's pretty positive, so thanks.

As some have said, it is aimed at a niche market. We know these things aren't for everyone, but the "convenience" market is actually a pretty fair share of the snowboard population overall. If we can get a small piece of that we'll be happy. We aim to show that you can get that convenience factor without sacrificing performance, which is the whole aim.

As for the binding itself, we can see a few points of explanation that could have been done better on the video. The release is extremely unlikely to unlock accidentally. It needs a pretty solid pull and is in a place where the only thing likely to hit it is a tree branch or similar, and even then highly unlikely to unlock. I think we oversold the "easiness" of it with the one finger action in the video.

With your weight in the binding, even if the lever is pulled you won't come out, but that's probably clearer when seeing the binding in the flesh, rather than on a video.

It's clear we're going to have to get some production samples and get them under riders feet and gain the trust factor and show how solid it is. Once that happens we're sure a lot of the questions raised will be answered. So looks like demo days here we come...

Unfortunately production samples means getting production tools and that is big $$$, which is the hurdle we're at now. We'll keep looking for solutions depending on how this Indiegogo goes. If there's any bored millionaires on here who want to throw over a lazy $100k we'd be more than happy to help you out   

Yes, the name's a love it or hate it thing. Almost as hard to find a good name as it is to design the binding.

On a closing note, this would have to be one of the most civilised forums on the internet. Standard reply in some other forums is simply Get F%$#. So thanks for giving some good constructive views.

Cheers guys

Please keep the conversation going, and if you know anyone who might want to get in for $185 please pass them the link.
packfan4ever View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote packfan4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 5:33pm
awesome idea. im not a fan of other step ins but thouse are the first i actually like the design of. Good luck
nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuggetuconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by coolz

i think your referring to smith?

doesn't look to sturdy
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 7:55pm
i think youd have to test it out yourself to really see how sturdy it is. ive seen buckles get hit and loosen straps. if a misplaced grab hits the lever i can see it being bad. what about having the lever on the inside of the foot? or does that not change the factor of accidentally being released?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 8:03pm
I think the fact that the ankle strap raises up when stepping in is genius.  My only concern lies with that pop-up mechanism and its longevity as it will be put through heavy stress (body weight) each time you mount the bindings.  Also, how does it perform for riders who want that tight/snug fit for absolute security and response?  In the video, it doesn't look like it sits very tight when mounted (ankle or toe strap).  Side note, maybe it's just me but the ratchets look really cheap.

Oh, and canting options???
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2013 at 11:44pm
i tried step in bindings once. way to heavy for my liking
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 4:08am
I like my traditional setup, and wouldn't buy these, but I do think there are definitely people who will. People buy Flow bindings and this seems like a better system than that. I guess the only real criticism/comment/question is: isn't the base plate very stiff? Then again, people who buy these bindings might not really care about that. Good luck.

julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 6:34am
My buddy, who shall remain nameless Wink, is really out of shape with a belly (sorry dude, you got a belly). He'd love these 'convenience' bindings', as you can step in and stomp them on. After taking the chair up, he has a difficult time putting his bindings on. His gut gets in the way, has to stretch past this to put on his straps, and sits down every time. By the time he's buckled in (a few minutes), he's breathing heavy and sometimes already tired. It'd be great for me, if he could just get off the lift and stomp into his binding, so we could get more riding in and less "give me a minute".
killclimbz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 7:09am
Out of all the jokers who come up with a step in binding or some way to "improve" the system, you actually seem to have put some real thought into it.  This is by far the best effort I have seen. 
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote StrewthSnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 4:57pm
Thanks for all the great feedback. If we can get this type of feedback from such a "non step-in" crowd, I guess we must be onto a good thing.

Thanks for all the comments. It's good to see what people think after such a long road and finally putting it out there.

We'll be pushing on and getting these onto the mountains, hopefully in the near future.

Cheers
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by nuggetuconn

Originally posted by coolz

i think your referring to smith?

doesn't look to sturdy

dam.... l stand correct lol
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by julius77

My buddy, who shall remain nameless Wink

Sorry about the off topic-ness, but who's the fatty!?LOL I'll be honest, 3 seasons ago I was in the same boat Embarrassed

So, the more I look at your binder, I think one of the biggest things you could do to improve would to be smooth everything out. All the angles and lines of your binder come off a tad sharp. I would try to cut back as much excess material you could without making it a total noodle of a binding. It just looks clunky to me. The overall concept and mechanics of it seem to be on point (can't say too much as I have never held one in person or ridden a set obviously), but they feel dated. And there is something about the high back, but something about it just needs to be changed. Dunno if it's the shaping, or what, but just doesn't do it for me.

Sure, the way something performs and functions is the most important thing on the list, but aesthetics seem to play a pretty big role in binders IMO. Color way options, and "sleeking" them up would help you ten fold I think.

Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 6:32pm

My buddy, who shall remain nameless Wink, is really out of shape with a belly (sorry dude, you got a belly). He'd love these 'convenience' bindings', as you can step in and stomp them on. After taking the chair up, he has a difficult time putting his bindings on. His gut gets in the way, has to stretch past this to put on his straps, and sits down every time. By the time he's buckled in (a few minutes), he's breathing heavy and sometimes already tired. It'd be great for me, if he could just get off the lift and stomp into his binding, so we could get more riding in and less "give me a minute".

I have a friend just like your buddy and he loves his flows just for this reason. hehe
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote StrewthSnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 7:17pm
Thanks batmanwest. Yes, to date the focus has been to prove functionality, rather than aesthetics.

The end product will likely look nothing like the prototype. Lots of sexying up to do before production.

We want it to function and perform, and look sensational. Not too much to aim for really... Stay tuned!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 4:10am
Originally posted by StrewthSnowboards

Thanks batmanwest. Yes, to date the focus has been to prove functionality, rather than aesthetics.

The end product will likely look nothing like the prototype. Lots of sexying up to do before production.

We want it to function and perform, and look sensational. Not too much to aim for really... Stay tuned!

Well...that is the most important thing ya know! Stuff has to perform well before it looks good, but glad to hear that an aesthetics redesign is on the tab. Will be interesting what the final product will come out as.
killclimbz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 5:28am
You can count me firmly in the non step in crowd.  You've got a thought process and some skills showing here and I can't deny it.  Can't say that this will be a hit or miss, but I think you'll find yourself a nice niche in the snowboard industry regardless. 
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 5:32am
I like the concept, but like spenser said aesthetic's need some work
I wouldn't mind trying them but I am defiantly a traditional strap kinda person.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 5:37am
I think a cool graphic for the highback would be an animal head with teeth (like a shark or aligator) so it would look like the animal was biting you when you stepped down. 
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 6:20am
I figured that this prototype wasn't meant to wow people with graphics.  I imagine that is after you perfect the design.  However, since others argued for graphics, I wanted to send my opinion that I like having a basic, sharp looking aestetic.  So give it good solid colors, and have some basic options without a heavy design and that would appeal more to me (mid-30's).   I don't like my gear looking like a hockey goalkeeper's mask.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by batmanwest

My buddy, who shall remain nameless Wink

Sorry about the off topic-ness, but who's the fatty!?LOL I'll be honest, 3 seasons ago I was in the same boat Embarrassed

I think we all know one, or have been the fatty, at some point in our lives. We can wait and see if he comments, but I can't call anyone out. It could be hurtful.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 6:51am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I figured that this prototype wasn't meant to wow people with graphics.  I imagine that is after you perfect the design.  However, since others argued for graphics, I wanted to send my opinion that I like having a basic, sharp looking aestetic.  So give it good solid colors, and have some basic options without a heavy design and that would appeal more to me (mid-30's).   I don't like my gear looking like a hockey goalkeeper's mask.

I agree with this. I just thought the animal head would be a fun idea.
Commissar View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Commissar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 7:51am
Looks good, great for the small hills in the midwest where you are constantly in and out of the bindings.  I will take a trial pair if you are looking for market research! Wink
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by VermontRider

Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I agree with this. I just thought the animal head would be a fun idea.

I agree too but just don't do solid neon colors. I imagine stereotpyical 80's gear.
sleeepili View Drop Down
Local
Local
catching air at bear

Quote sleeepili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 8:19pm
very interesting. not going to comment on the technical aspects of the product or hypothesize the way it performs (cant know anything for sure until i try them myself), but im going to throw out an idea regarding marketing:

Since the inconvenience is predominately just for the back foot, you may be able to sell "normal" and "goofy" sets, where the front binding is a traditional strap-in binding, and the back binding is the strewth binding. This will reduce the cost to the customer and increase your sales. However inventory could be more costly and harder to manage, but surveying the % normal vs goofy riders should be quite easy so you wont have to carry too much inventory

along the same note, you can also sell the bindings individually instead of as a set. This would allow the customer to use their prefered binding on their lead foot, which im sure many riders would prefer. You would also be able to charge a premium for single bindings (e.g. if a pair is 200, a single could be 125 or something)
bataleon155 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bataleon155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by sleeepili

Since the inconvenience is predominately just for the back foot, you may be able to sell "normal" and "goofy" sets, where the front binding is a traditional strap-in binding, and the back binding is the strewth binding. This will reduce the cost to the customer and increase your sales. However inventory could be more costly and harder to manage, but surveying the % normal vs goofy riders should be quite easy so you wont have to carry too much inventory

wow, just wow. they are basically a traditional strap-in bindings but with the rear entry options. you can just strap in like the basic one. or pop open the back and be lazy with it. and, really, mixing up with two different flexing bindings just for the rear entry option?
hmmm... Now What???   
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 4:37pm
i think its a strong concept but could use some work. it would definately need to be proven before i use it, considering i have a lot to lose... precisely why you dnt see any videos or pics of me doing anything crazy...
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 5:30pm
I just hopes it works out better than the Cinch, which it looks like it does but who knows.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 11:06am
I assume step in bindings are nice and fast, but not as secure as regular ones? I don't know, just wondering
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by rurchan

I assume step in bindings are nice and fast, but not as secure as regular ones? I don't know, just wondering
not that it's not secure, but that is a worry, i think the issue really is the responsiveness of em, ie the flows have that, from the people I've spoke with who ride em.. but they don't mind since its so convenient take on and off, esp when teaching
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote StrewthSnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2013 at 1:33am
The difference with Strewth bindings to the current "rear-entry" systems is we have a solid metal heelcup that is locked to the frame and can not moved when once the binding is closed. Therefore you have the responsiveness of a standard two-strap binding.

We've designed the binding to address the issues we've seen with other systems.

The bindings are as secure and responsive as a normal high-end two-strap binding, plus you have the choice of the step-in system, or using the straps as normal.

Our aim from day one has been to design a binding that has none of the drawbacks of the earlier step-in or current speed-entry systems, and all the performance of a regular high end two-strap binding.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2013 at 3:32am
Originally posted by StrewthSnowboards

The difference with Strewth bindings to the current "rear-entry" systems is we have a solid metal heelcup that is locked to the frame and can not moved when once the binding is closed. Therefore you have the responsiveness of a standard two-strap binding.

We've designed the binding to address the issues we've seen with other systems.

The bindings are as secure and responsive as a normal high-end two-strap binding, plus you have the choice of the step-in system, or using the straps as normal.

Our aim from day one has been to design a binding that has none of the drawbacks of the earlier step-in or current speed-entry systems, and all the performance of a regular high end two-strap binding.

How exactly does it lock in place? Is there a latch or something? I can't see one, just curious
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote StrewthSnowboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2013 at 12:10pm
There is a locking mechanism integrated into the base. The lock is released via the lever on the side of the binding.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>