Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help With My Board!!
    Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 8:04pm
Hello TruSnow community, I am a new snowboarder who has been looking for a new snowboard. I purchased a board off of impulse it was off of craigslist. I would like to know more about this board anyone can chime in please do. This is what I believe it is, A Burton Cross Promotion Mtn. Dew Board. Please Any input will help!!
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 8:08pm

rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 8:18pm
Could be Burton/Mt Dew board but it is hard to say.  What I can tell you is that it looks like it is sandwich consturction (which is good) and that usually mean wood core not foam (also good).  Other than that I can't tell you much else.  
started by flossers making floss for flossers
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 8:20pm
thanks rook, i appreciate the input do you think a side view will help?
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 9:01pm
I would assume it's some kind of Burton board considering it's from a Burton event.  It has a serial code so maybe you can ask them.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 9:02pm
ok i wasnt exactly sure if it was burton but now that it is i am really stoked. especially since i payed 50 for it.
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2013 at 10:21pm
Dude, bargain.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 12:56am
i remember burton made mountain dew colabs in the form of the custom or the operator. I havent seen this graphic before though Shocked
chillman View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote chillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 4:53am
I don't if people go crazy of dew boards but you may be able to make some money off that on ebay marketing it as a limited edition promo board. 
~2011 CAPiTA Indoor Survival FK~2011 Union Cyan Forces~2012 Burton Rulers~
nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuggetuconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 6:34am
Hmm, Never seen a 4x4 insert on a burton before?
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 6:38am
yeah its weird that it is a burton board and its not a EST binding system or their older diamond pattern. i had a promo board from coors/neversummer that i ended up selling for 150 . but that might be a good starter board. make sure to detune the contact points! it will make it a lot easier on you.  
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 6:41am
Originally posted by bdanross

yeah its weird that it is a burton board and its not a EST binding system or their older diamond pattern. i had a promo board from coors/neversummer that i ended up selling for 150 . but that might be a good starter board. make sure to detune the contact points! it will make it a lot easier on you.  

This board is from pre-channel days... and Burton also did the RC, Crew, stunt, Vspot, & Bluebird with 4 hole pattern so its not that weird especially on collab stuff.
MOAR powderz plz!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by nuggetuconn

I was thinking the same thing. How can it be a Burton board with the 4x4? I'm a little skeptical now as to whether or not that's even a Burton board.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Von44

I was thinking the same thing. How can it be a Burton board with the 4x4? I'm a little skeptical now as to whether or not that's even a Burton board.

read my previous post.. if is not burton then its prob K2
MOAR powderz plz!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 6:58am
Originally posted by MTpow

Yeah I saw the post after i posted mine. But obviously, the board is pre-ICS if it even is a Burton, but wouldn't Burton (or K2) have put their stamp on it even if it's a promo board? I just find it weird that all it says is Mtn Dew.
shop_45296 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shop_45296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 7:02am

burton has collab boards with the regular mounting instead of their 3d.  depending on what the other company (mountaindew) wants.  the sierra crew is a burton custom and we put the standard mounting on there.  

nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuggetuconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 7:10am

Yeah I saw the post after i posted mine. But obviously, the board is pre-ICS if it even is a Burton, but wouldn't Burton (or K2) have put their stamp on it even if it's a promo board? I just find it weird that all it says is Mtn Dew.

Burton doesn't do 4x4 or 4x2, they have the 3 hole disc thing.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 7:13am

Burton doesn't do 4x4 or 4x2, they have the 3 hole disc thing.

Nugget.. u are wrong..well partially... cuz they do make boards with 4x pattern in some cases.  And no burton wouldn't put their stamp on it necessarily.
MOAR powderz plz!
CassinoNorth View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CassinoNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 8:04am
Looks quite old judging by the 4x4 hole pattern being so spaced out. I'd definitely give Burton a call and ask them if they can look up that serial number. 
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 8:30am
Update : I contacted burton and I am awaiting a response from them as they wanted am email with pictures so I provided it for them and I will let you guys know what happens thank you for all the responses guys! - nick
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 8:47am
They did a Mountain Dew collab that was an Operator a few years back, I believe.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 6:43pm
Man, that 4x4 pattern is really spaced out. Let us know what burton says.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2013 at 10:05pm
I was searching google for a while trying to find this board... the only positive hits I found were...

1) This is probably the eBay listing you won:

2) Looks to be someone's online photo bank:

In terms of the hole spacing... the only Mountain Dew collabs I found with that kind of spacing were... 

Santa Cruz:

Palmer:

The Burton Operator I found had the triangle pattern:

Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 9:23am
So its not a burton. They answered the email the email saying the 4 x 4 binding holes is not a burton thing
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 9:26am
by the same logic, they didn't make the sierra boards either.  except... they did.

I know ride has made some of these novelty boards in the past.  no idea if it would be them.

the holes being so spaced out is just because they are making the board as cheap and basic as possible, so they don't have as many inserts.
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 9:32am
i guess it comes down to this, should i use it or just try to sell it for a different board.. i am still looking for a basic all mountain board since i am getting into snowboarding more and more.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by VermontRider

They did a Mountain Dew collab that was an Operator a few years back, I believe.

here's the burton operator they made for mt. dew...i also posted in the new thread op made without knowing about this one...

fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 10:28am
I say sharpen the edges (get rid of some of that rust) and use it.  You can decide if you want to keep it after that.  Looks to be in good shape.  If the base feels/looks dry, I suggest getting it waxed.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 10:34am
just ride the damn thing who cares who made it?  you probably aren't going to sell it for any more than you paid for it so... go use it!
MOAR powderz plz!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 10:45am

I did a search and saw a Craig's List ad with this board..

koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 10:46am
Does it say where it's made? That might give some indication of who made it. ie. Austria = GST or Elan, Taiwan = Playmaker, etc
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 12:02pm
^^ That craigslist ad shows the same photo from the ebay listing.  Same guy?

I have a 1 of a kind burton custom Mountain Dew snowboard they made vary few of these and you had to win them at Dew tour so they are hard to get a hold of. I'm open to all trades so shoot me an email with what you have and a picture if possible thanks and have a great day.

Funny how he says "1 of a kind" shortly followed by "made vary few of these".  Clap
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 12:05pm
Lol it is funny they said that. But the reason why i wanted to l what kind of
Board it is, is because i dont want it to be a safety hazard. And it is made in the usa if that helps?
koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 12:18pm
Off the top of my head, some USA built boards include Mervin (Lib Tech and Gnu), Never Summer, Signal, Unity, and some Burton.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 12:49pm
Well, as I said earlier, from the pictures it looks solid and legit.  Give it some flex tests at home.  Rest one end on the floor, lift the other end with your hand, and take your other hand and push the middle down... if it doesn't snap, you should be fine.  But again, sharpen edges to remove rust and give it a decent wax job.
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 1:00pm
Thanks fj5 I appreciate the help
Turanoo View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Me and My brother.

Quote Turanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 1:02pm
And also thanks koyota93. Good info
 Post Reply Post Reply