0 Staff | 7 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 397,664 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 5:28am
Free Agency started yesterday.  The new football season is upon us!!!

Broncos may lose Dumerville.  Hopefully they can restructure, but I agree with the team, while good, he isn't a 12mil a year player.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 5:47am
Is there really an off season in the NFL. The players work during the regular season and the GMs work during the "off season."
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 7:51am
About time this thread got started, thanks CoMtnRider!

The Dolphins looks like they're trying really hard to put a competitive team together to go against the Patriots. They still need to land a RB though.

I'm disappointed that the Cowboys haven't done anything so far to improve the team...
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 8:11am
Being from Chicago, I'm a huge Bear fan so I'm glad we finally picked up a good left tackle from the Saints and finally an athletic tight end in M. Bennett. Another lineman and our offense will look pretty damn good. The d is looking shaky especially with the backers. I think we are gonna have to win shoot outs this year if we wanna do something.
cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 8:21am
I see WHAT?? NFC WEST STRONGEST DIVISION??? Thinking only a few years back that the winner of this division had a sub 500 record and now have two very very strong teams in the niners and the seahawks. Making the moves in the offseason with the seahawks grabbing harvin and the niners responding with a trade for anquan boldin for a SIXTH ROUND DRAFT PICK! It's gonna be a fun year in this division.
And with the departure of alex smith come a couple draft picks too. i was a supporter of him ever since he got his stuff together and I hate to see the guy sit on the bench after doing nothing wrong last season, but i do hope he continues to do well.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 8:23am
Wallace got paid.....but I still think Dolphins won't do that good....
That whole division is horrible now except the Pats.....
Don't know wtf happened with the Jets.....just getting worse and worse....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 9:05am
Originally posted by jjfreak

Wallace got paid.....but I still think Dolphins won't do that good....
That whole division is horrible now except the Pats.....
Don't know wtf happened with the Jets.....just getting worse and worse....
That Sanchez extension totally screwed them cap wise.  They can't afford to cut him, and they realize they already got his best seasons.  No win situation.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 9:10am
I thought the Bennett deal was really high. 20 million for a very average TE? I can't see the eagles making any huge moves when they're in rebuilding mode.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 9:36am
I think Bush going to the Lions is perfect.  he is the blend they need in the backfield and then they have Leshoure (sp?) for the goal-line. 

HUGE moves by Miami, they are certainly going for the splash, I don't think Wallace helps them all that much, but the entire WR corps of the Fish had 3 (yes, three/tres/san) TD's from that position last year.  not sure if that speaks more to the QB's or the WR's but it's a fact.

Also, I will bet massive amounts of money that the Raven's don't even repeat as Division champs after more or less gutting the team to pay Flacco.  He isn't *that* good and the team around him, which was good (and caught fire emotionally to win the SB), is now very pedestrian.  

-zakk

milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 9:49am
If Reed leaves, the Ravens will be a completely different team and most definitely Flacco's team. TSizzle and Ngata all that's left on that D.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 10:14am
I cant believe the chargers let vasquez go. He was their best lineman. Its a rebuilding year for sure cause its essentially a whole new line and they still need to develop as a unit.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 10:32am
Goldson gonna be a Buc for a lot of bucks. Hard hitting safety, liability in coverage.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by milutinho

If Reed leaves, the Ravens will be a completely different team and most definitely Flacco's team. TSizzle and Ngata all that's left on that D.

Kruger, Ellerbe and Lewis are all gone.  even is Reed somehow stays this is a totally different defense. 

Boldin, Birk, both gone on offense, both big leaders.

well, Joe wanted the reigns, now they are all his.  
-zakk

LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 10:48am
^  Yep, they get to see how this investment works out.  I thought the tagline on the banner on ESPN was funny this morning "Raven's in trouble"

Repeating is going to be harder than ever, but I'm sure Flacco is okay with it.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

^  Yep, they get to see how this investment works out.  I thought the tagline on the banner on ESPN was funny this morning "Raven's in trouble"

Repeating is going to be harder than ever, but I'm sure Flacco is okay with it.

this team will not repeat as attendees in the Playoffs.  Mark it, Dude.  
-zakk

sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 11:37am
Well it was an aging defense. But this amount of overhaul is going to wreck the locker room leadership. If i was in reeds shoes id move on. Trying to get a second ring with the ravens is going to be a far stretch at this point. I think the niners could use secondary help...
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 12:23pm
Welker to the Broncos....
Wow oh wow......Broncos getting beefed up.....haha
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 12:54pm

Just saw this.  That is one more tool for Manning to use to destroy this coming year.  I think this and boldin have been the biggest pickups so far.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 1:32pm
wa wa wee wah...i cant believe it...i wonder how bad the offer was from NE if he signed only a 2 year deal to go play in Denver.

EDIT: 2 year/$12 million wit DEN as opposed to 2 year/$10 million plus incentives by NE wooooowwwww!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 3:09pm

Just saw this.  That is one more tool for Manning to use to destroy this coming year.  I think this and boldin have been the biggest pickups so far.

I am still not sure why everyone is going crazy over Boldin.  I agree he is a nice/solid player and was a beast monster in the playoffs.  But people act like he is Calvin Johnson.  He averaged 62 rec. / 882 yds / 5 TDs the past 3 seasons in Baltimore.  That's solid, not spectacular.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Geez

I am still not sure why everyone is going crazy over Boldin.  I agree he is a nice/solid player and was a beast monster in the playoffs.  But people act like he is Calvin Johnson.  He averaged 62 rec. / 882 yds / 5 TDs the past 3 seasons in Baltimore.  That's solid, not spectacular.

That's cuz flacco was his QB. LOL.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 7:08pm

So much to talk about. The Welker deal makes Denver's receiving group easily the leagues best. He will put up another 100+ reception season in Denver with Manning throwing it to him.

I like the Avril to Seattle pick up. I thought he would have been overpaid in free agency then a potential flop but going to Seattle, for a fair price, I think he will have around another 9-10 sack season playing in their D.

Also what's everyone's take on DRC to Denver? The one year deal is a good one so he can try and prove himself
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2013 at 11:29pm
Not a big signing, but could be future controversy, Chase Daniel signed to back up Alex Smith. Smith has one more year on his contract. Unless he worked out a new one, he could be gone. Ouch.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 3:14am
Now the broncos just need a solid back to be unstoppable. I hear stephen jackson is available. Though the packers might take him.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 3:16am
I really like the Broncos signing Welker, giving Manning 1 more target and taking away one of Brady's favorite targets.  Pats quickly sign Danny Amendola to replace Welker but Amendola has a history of injuries, probably won't play in all 16 games for NE. 

Just thinking about Manning having Thomas, Decker and Welker at his disposal...
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 4:39am
It will be interesting to see how Asomugha and DRC fare on new teams.  I will agree that the Birds misused Asomugha his first season, but in the 2nd season, he whined, got the def. coordinator fired and was generally terrible (missing tackles, blowing coverages, blaming everyone else).  At a certain point, you have to stop making excuses for why Asomugha was at the scene of a car wreck.  Maybe in the right situation he can still play.

DRC is super-talented, but when the Eagles started losing, he lost interest and focus.  Same thing happened in Arizona.  On the one hand that is understandable, but on the other hand, doesn't say a whole lot about his character.  On a winning team (assuming the Broncos keep winning, and it looks like they will), he will probably be reinvigorated.  At that price, it's a worthy gamble.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 5:04am
Broncos sign Dominque Rogers-Cromartie.....
Great add in since Champ Bailey is kinda getting old now....
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 5:15am
Hell help out on the other half of the field opposite bailey, but i dont think champ is going to move to safety this season. Once he does though it could be he end for him. Much like woodson.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 5:57am
Broncos really pushing for a SB run this year.

Welker - great addition, especially for depth purposes.

DT from Jac - Don't remember his name but they are finally getting some beef for the middle of their D-Line.

Dominque Rogers-Cromartie - Quality CB, which you can never have enough of.

The only thing they didn't get was another RB, which may come early in the draft.  Elway has been good for this franchise.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 6:07am

Broncos sign Dominque Rogers-Cromartie.....
Great add in since Champ Bailey is kinda getting old now....

Little late to the game posting that one. That was brought up a few posts ago lol.

Not sure what I think about the Seahawks letting go of Leon Washington. He's been a stable back the past few seasons (albeit, 2012 was not as productive as 2011, but still enough to get him a Pro Bowl bid.) Signing Percy Harvin is pretty cool though. The running/passing threat should be a nice addition to their O. :)
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 6:23am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Broncos really pushing for a SB run this year.

Welker - great addition, especially for depth purposes.

DT from Jac - Don't remember his name but they are finally getting some beef for the middle of their D-Line.

Dominque Rogers-Cromartie - Quality CB, which you can never have enough of.

The only thing they didn't get was another RB, which may come early in the draft.  Elway has been good for this franchise.
Yea, they figure they need to win one before age catches up to Manning or he gets injured again.
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 6:30am
Originally posted by sideways99

I really like the Broncos signing Welker, giving Manning 1 more target and taking away one of Brady's favorite targets.  Pats quickly sign Danny Amendola to replace Welker but Amendola has a history of injuries, probably won't play in all 16 games for NE. 

Just thinking about Manning having Thomas, Decker and Welker at his disposal...
yeah. such a shame to see him not stay in NE. but amazing pickup for Denver.
makes me question what was going on there...
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 8:54am
With those WRs manning has no excuse to choke. Do they still have enough money for dummervill? He said he'd take a pay cut, but how much? That D needs work, but they're looking good.
Saints have interest in Nnamdi.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 8:57am
Saints going after Asomugha. But he's visiting SF today. Interesting...
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 9:08am
Well sf does play man coverage alot. Itll definitely be a better fit than the eagles. Especially with their front 7, it should make his job slightly easier.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Jaydoc08

With those WRs manning has no excuse to choke. Do they still have enough money for dummervill? He said he'd take a pay cut, but how much? That D needs work, but they're looking good.
Saints have interest in Nnamdi.
First I've heard saying he was willing to take a paycut.  Where did you read that?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Jaydoc08

I thought the Bennett deal was really high. 20 million for a very average TE?

While I do believe Manning can make just about any TE they give him look great (Boss, Ballard, Bennett three years in a row), I do think Bennett is a pretty good TE, and was sad to see him leave.  He did have some drops, but showed that he was better than his reputation from Dallas would have you believe.  He is also a great blocker.

And Kenny Phillips just signed with the eagles... damn that sucks, and to a one year deal.  I liked him, and would have wished him luck had he gone to a team not in the NFC east.  Now I guess I have to hope his career continues along the Steve Smith path after ditching the Giants.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 12:14pm
Steven Jackson, your newest falcon. Didn't see that coming.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 1:56pm
whoa- what are they going to do about Turner?
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by nautika96

whoa- what are they going to do about Turner?

Turner is done, the old man has no speed any more.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 2:47pm
yea, but theyre only two years apart, 31 and 29. With all the injuries Jackson has had lately, i dont see jackson as the final answer. 

I guess i missed the falcons releasing turner. i suspect they'll look to the draft for the future and use jackson to keep their hopes alive for the playoffs.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by nautika96

yea, but theyre only two years apart, 31 and 29. With all the injuries Jackson has had lately, i dont see jackson as the final answer. 

I guess i missed the falcons releasing turner. i suspect they'll look to the draft for the future and use jackson to keep their hopes alive for the playoffs.

Turner couldn't get it done in the short yardage/red zone.  Couldn't punch it in from 1-3 yard out, and had trouble getting the short first downs they needed to extend possessions.  Jackson, while he's getting older, can still do that.  It was painful at times watching Turner last year. I can't remember who they were playing but my mind almost exploded when he went for something like a 60 yard TD.  They also have a good change of pace/receiving RB with Jacquizz.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 2:41am
Seattle making some moves....
If Lynch keeps his beast mode throughout the season and Wilson doesn't go into a sophomore slump, they're a real SB contender this season
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 4:39am
Niners working hard too. According to NFL.com, they're in serious talks with Asomugha and Woodson.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 5:02am
So far none of the Eagles' signings have been marquee, but they are taking the "buying groceries for the week instead of splurging on a steak dinner" which I think is the right approach.  They had so many holes last year, it makes no sense to blow all the cap room on one big splash.  Barwin, Cary Williams, Chung, Fletcher, and Phillips can all be decent players if healthy and used properly.  Allows them to use the 4th pick in the draft on whoever is the best player available as oppose to drafting solely for need.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 5:59am
Originally posted by sdwc96

I cant believe the chargers let vasquez go. He was their best lineman. Its a rebuilding year for sure cause its essentially a whole new line and they still need to develop as a unit.

they must have seen what the Broncos are doing and said okay this is your your year, we give up.  Every single player on the chargers o-line is crap so, I welcome anyone new.  Hope they are better this year. 
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 10:51am

Seattle making some moves....
If Lynch keeps his beast mode throughout the season and Wilson doesn't go into a sophomore slump, they're a real SB contender this season

Yeah, I can't tell if the Harvin Pickup, SF's Boldin pickup, or Bronco's Welker pickup is biggest in terms of getting their team from good to great (or great to championship)
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 11:54am
and now woodhead goes to san diego.

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 12:22pm

So far none of the Eagles' signings have been marquee, but they are taking the "buying groceries for the week instead of splurging on a steak dinner" which I think is the right approach.  They had so many holes last year, it makes no sense to blow all the cap room on one big splash.  Barwin, Cary Williams, Chung, Fletcher, and Phillips can all be decent players if healthy and used properly.  Allows them to use the 4th pick in the draft on whoever is the best player available as oppose to drafting solely for need.

^ this! I like the analogy, and you're right in that one big-money player is not gonna turn a 4-12 (1-5 in NFC East) Philly team into a contender. Assuming RGIII returns to 100%, the Redskins should be in very good shape next season. That should buy Kelly 2 seasons to set a solid foundation, then use some wise picks to once again be competitive in their division.
Do I like Kelly? No. But he is generally quite smart about which players to use when.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 2:16pm
Dumervil a FA. Things just got interesting in FA again. automatically becomes the hottest commodity imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>