0 Staff | 17 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 398,735 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 89101112 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 6:31am
Why won't this person just go away like all the other crap QBs?
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 6:32am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Originally posted by Geez

^Ugh, I turned on ESPN this morning and the Tebow tidal wave was already in full swing.  Maybe he can do something with NE, maybe not.  But I continue to marvel at the attention he will get as a backup QB. 

At least he is in a place that people won't be calling for him to start, or really play QB so long as Brady is healthy.  I say that now...but we'll see.
He may not even make the team.  Apparently NE usually only carries 2 QBs on the roster, and Tebow isn't going to beat out Mallet.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 9:45am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

^Ugh, I turned on ESPN this morning and the Tebow tidal wave was already in full swing.  Maybe he can do something with NE, maybe not.  But I continue to marvel at the attention he will get as a backup QB. 

At least he is in a place that people won't be calling for him to start, or really play QB so long as Brady is healthy.  I say that now...but we'll see.

He may not even make the team.  Apparently NE usually only carries 2 QBs on the roster, and Tebow isn't going to beat out Mallet.

technically, they can list him as a RB
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 10:15am
So how did the organization tell Brady they made a half-ass effort to sign his favorite target (Welker who ends up signing with the Broncos) but hey, we signed someone to be the 3rd string QB/RB/TE who every reporter will ask you about and basically make your life a circus?
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by sideways99

So how did the organization tell Brady they made a half-ass effort to sign his favorite target (Welker who ends up signing with the Broncos) but hey, we signed someone to be the 3rd string QB/RB/TE who every reporter will ask you about and basically make your life a circus?

No guaranteed money. Much different than Welker's contract situation.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 10:48am
^ Point taken.

Been reading some articles about how happy Welker is - he's meshing well with Manning, the Broncos organization told him to be himself during interviews (which was the opposite with the Pats), etc.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 11:25am

^ Point taken.

Been reading some articles about how happy Welker is - he's meshing well with Manning, the Broncos organization told him to be himself during interviews (which was the opposite with the Pats), etc.

If you're going to leave Tom Brady, you might as well go play with Peyton Manning, right? LOL
Denver's offense has the potential to be scary good this next year. Their WR corps is top 3 in the league, if not the best.  

But here's to Peyton throwing away another great regular season as soon as playoffs roll around!
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 4:31am
Pacman Jones got arrested again.  And it was caught on tape!  the saga never ends.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 7:27am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Vegas has odds at 1/4 that he'll make the 53 man roster for week 1.

I think that he'll make it though.  He is going to do everything Josh McDaniels, Brady, Bellichick tell him to.  Agreed, he isn't beating out Mallett.  I think NE has a plan to use him though.  But with the no guarantee on $, if he isn't working out, it won't be hard to get rid of him.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 7:44am
I would put my money on him making the 53, McDaniels has a huge man crush on him and wants to prove that he can turn him into a valuable asset to the team. I remember an interview from when McDaniels was in Denver and he said something along the lines of I have a plan for an offense that has never been seen before in the NFL. Then shit hit the fan................. so who knows
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 2:05pm
Pacman Jones is just plain stupid. Not only is he arrested again, it's on tape this time. How many times does this guy do dumb things until he realizes he should re-evaluate his life and cut it out?
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Pacman Jones is just plain stupid. Not only is he arrested again, it's on tape this time. How many times does this guy do dumb things until he realizes he should re-evaluate his life and cut it out?

Meh, he's kept his head down for the most part since signing with the Bengals. It's basically his story vs her story right now. I'm willing to give him a pass until all the facts come out. With so many money hungry whores out there, I wouldn't doubt it for a second that some drunk, ratchet hoe is just looking for some money and her 15 seconds of fame. The video clearly shows the woman pouring beer on him. Should he have smacked her? I don't know, but I'm sick of women picking physical fights with guys, and then crying like a little baby when guys retaliate. You want equal rights? You better be able to take equal lefts as well.

If he is found guilty, he's done in the NFL, IMO.

magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 2:14pm
Ed Reed claims that Brady kicking up gave him hip problems. I gotta see the reply of the kicking to see how bad it was. I could be true, but I can't say without seeing the play
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 5:12pm
Now Jason Peters got arrested for drag racing and leading the cops on a chase through Louisiana.  I guess it is safe to say the Birds should not count on his services for the first game or two.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 5:15pm
Someone needs to keep track of arrest records between the 4 sports.  The NFL would lead that contest quite easily.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2013 at 7:34pm

Someone needs to keep track of arrest records between the 4 sports.  The NFL would lead that contest quite easily.

I'm sure someone has. It's probably really hard since there are so many people to keep track of, plus you have to draw a line what is considered an arrest. Do misdemeanors count, etc?
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 5:28am
Justin Smith contemplating retirement after the season. hoping he can go out with a ring.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 5:51am
^Smith should have a pretty good shot.

^^There is a line drawn what's considered an arrest.  It's called "under arrest," and it's a thing.  When you are taken into custody until released and/or charged.  It happens with "probably cause" but usually that is related to what will eventually be charged as misdemeanors or felonies.  Sometimes arrests are made for investigations, but don't result in charges for many reasons.  I personally would still count the arrest if we are tracking arrest records.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 7:34am
Originally posted by solocreep

Justin Smith contemplating retirement after the season. hoping he can go out with a ring.

If he wants to play football again next season, the Niners will sign him.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 7:36am

They definitely would, but look at how many players are on an NFL team compared to NBA, MLB, or NHL teams, especially in the offseason where there are 90 man rosters. 

More players = more chances for someone to get arrested.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2013 at 8:35am
^ In that case make it a ratio - # of arrests to # of players on roster.  NFL would still win followed by the NBA.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 7:29am

^ In that case make it a ratio - # of arrests to # of players on roster.  NFL would still win followed by the NBA.

Here you go:  http://arrestnation.com/  

It looks like the more players, more arrests is playing out.  Colleges are far outweighing pros.  Add youth and more active policed environments to the causes for that.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Meh, he's kept his head down for the most part since signing with the Bengals. It's basically his story vs her story right now. I'm willing to give him a pass until all the facts come out. With so many money hungry whores out there, I wouldn't doubt it for a second that some drunk, ratchet hoe is just looking for some money and her 15 seconds of fame. The video clearly shows the woman pouring beer on him. Should he have smacked her? I don't know, but I'm sick of women picking physical fights with guys, and then crying like a little baby when guys retaliate. You want equal rights? You better be able to take equal lefts as well.

This is the same story for the common person too. A guy walks by a crowd and a woman yells out that he touched her butt, all of a sudden he's screwed with a sexual harassment lawsuit that a random woman just made up. They have way too much power when it comes to sexual harassment claims

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 5:40am

Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

This is the same story for the common person too. A guy walks by a crowd and a woman yells out that he touched her butt, all of a sudden he's screwed with a sexual harassment lawsuit that a random woman just made up. They have way too much power when it comes to sexual harassment claims

I disagree completely with that.  The burden of proof in sexual harassment claims is VERY high and the false report rate is VERY low.  For the most part, women do not want the attention that comes with being a reporter of sexual harassment, so they do not just make it up.  It just so happens that that particular myth is strong it society, but it really isn't based in fact.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 11:51am
Some people tend to do stupid things, you cant' change them if they can't change themselves.  I don't think the NFL would be done with him though.  Women don't always report it because there's also that social stigma and negativity that goes along with it if you report it.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 5:47pm
That may be true, but when it comes to professional athletes, women do claim it more cuz they know they can get money out of it. U don't know about lots of them cuz it's settled with money before it goes public/court
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 10:08am
Te'o better not go to Chicago. He's nothing but drama and probably overrated. He would definitely not be able to hold up to the standards of Urlacher.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2013 at 10:15am
Te'o was already drafted by San Diego..? Confused
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 10:25am
^This made me look to see if there was any news.  Apparently, he is doing great in San Diego.  Just crushing people.  No Drama.  
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2013 at 10:36am

^This made me look to see if there was any news.  Apparently, he is doing great in San Diego.  Just crushing people.  No Drama.  

hopefully this continues... no need to catfish up my team.
MOAR powderz plz!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 3:40am
Bengals on hard knocks. that'll be a little interesting. Dalton, Green, etc...
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 4:37am
^Second time for them.  It gives them some exposure.  Otherwise, teams really don't like having the cameras in camp.  I remember hearing grumbles from the Miami players last year.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 5:23am
I am guessing a lot of teams rejected this, which is why it is back in Cincy.  I have to think that that is only appealing to second rate teams.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 7:16am
Bengals Hard Knocks > No Hard Knocks
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 7:37am
^ I concur.  Bengals Hard Knocks will be such a train wreck it will be entertaining as hell.

In other NFL news (using the term loosely), David Beckham has been offered a tryout by an unnamed team.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 7:55am
I'm a football fan in general, so anytime I'm able to get a glimpse into the life of football players, I'm hooked. HBO does a great job as well.

I'm a huge fan of AJ Green and Dalton, and I actually really enjoy watching the fringe players, who are trying to make the team. Especially during the horrible offseason, any football is good football, IMO.

Not exactly sure why people are saying the Bengals are a second tier team. They went to the playoffs last year, and I have them pegged to win their division this year..
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2013 at 1:02pm
My apologies to Bengals fans for the second tier team comment.  They did show a lot of potential last year.  When I think of who is Hard Knocks first choices though, I would assume it would be New England, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas (even though obviously Dallas isn't currently better than the Cincinatti).

I am mildly interested in seeing Beckham on a football field.  Don't think it is going to happen though.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 5:48am
darrelle revis wanted to wear his #24 for the bucs and paid a teammate $50k for it.   daaaaaaammnn...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 6:08am
According to NFL.com Darrelle makes a weekly salary of $765,000.  $50,000 is just 6% of one week's salary.  Pocket change for that dude.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 8:06am
Football players has to have the most run ins with the law. Hernandez being questioned about a murder? I always wonder what the truth really is no matter what the law says at the end, cuz it is not always 100% correct
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 9:45am
I've heard that some players will do that.  Then some other players (usually rookies or bench players) will yield their number when a teammate gets traded.  I can't tell if those guys are suckers or if it is the right thing to do.  Players union should standardize a price number grabs.  50 grand sounds good to me.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 12:39pm

I've heard that some players will do that.  Then some other players (usually rookies or bench players) will yield their number when a teammate gets traded.  I can't tell if those guys are suckers or if it is the right thing to do.  Players union should standardize a price number grabs.  50 grand sounds good to me.

I think the players union should stay out of it. let the guys pay what they want.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 7:03am
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 7:19am

File this under NFLer's Misbehaving:

I think the dude filing this suit is full of shit. You think if a high profile NFL player shoots someone (I mean Plaxico Burress shot HIMSELF, and it was huge media news), that the media wouldn't be on it immediately?

From what I've read, the guy is refiling his suit, which is weird to me. If someone shot me, I would file a claim within the first couple of days, not after reports surface that Hernandez is already under suspicious circumstances. The guy is probably looking for his 15 minutes of fame and a hand out.

IDK, sounds fishy to me.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 5:21pm
Officially into the worst part of the NFL offseason, NFL AM this morning did about a 8 minute piece on how great of an actor James Gandolfini was.  Seriously thought my TV was on Good Morning America. The NFL network is praying the Hernandez thing turns into something because if it doesn't its back to 1992 bloopers reruns for the next 5 weeks.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2013 at 9:49pm

I think the players union should stay out of it. let the guys pay what they want.

Exactly, why the heck does the union have to get into this. It has nothing to do with them. People need to learn how to deal with things on their own
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 4:45am
Its getting hot and heavy with Hernandez, has an arrest warrant for obstruction of justice now, not to mention video of him with the guy on the date of the murder. Coincidentally his home surveillance equipment was mysteriously destroyed the same day, as well as a cleaning crew came to his house the same day. Talk about being captain obvious.......

The Pats just went from having two badass TE's to having 0 with Gronk going on the PUP list.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 12:50pm

Exactly, why the heck does the union have to get into this. It has nothing to do with them. People need to learn how to deal with things on their own

I don't actually think the union should have anything to do with it. I was wondering what makes people want to pay for/sell/give number and phrased a joke idea as a suggestion and solocreep responded as if I was serious.  The Union has nothing to do with it, nor should it.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by diviesti

Its getting hot and heavy with Hernandez, has an arrest warrant for obstruction of justice now, not to mention video of him with the guy on the date of the murder. Coincidentally his home surveillance equipment was mysteriously destroyed the same day, as well as a cleaning crew came to his house the same day. Talk about being captain obvious.......

The Pats just went from having two badass TE's to having 0 with Gronk going on the PUP list.

Yeah, the more facts that come out, the worse it looks.  It started looking like a money grab when the civil suit news about it came out.  But now all the information makes this look real.  He shouldn't have called in the cleaning crew.  He should have cashed out his bank account and moved to a non-extraditable country.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2013 at 12:51pm
Hernandez is pretty much going to prison
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 41>