0 Staff | 9 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 411,229 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1213141516 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Originally posted by shwazy

Seahawks fans are the absolute worst.

All I hear about is how awesome and great Russell Wilson is, how many Super Bowls Seattle will win in the next few years, how they crowned themselves an "offseason championship", and 42-13!!

Is it just me as a Niner fan, or are other teams' fans noticing this annoying trend as well?

hard to say they are annoying when they are the loudest fans in the NFL and create one of the hardest environments to play in.  They are passionate and yes fanatic but that is far better than the opposite.  I am a ram fan so look what happened to them...they moved  to St. Louis because their fans were apathetic.

They are annoying. Go on www.seahawks.net or any social media site. Huge bandwagon homers, already crowning themselves Super Bowl champions lol

hard to say that considering they always sell out and have massive support over many years of losing...cant say the same for niner fans which are a step above the old Ram fans but not much...California fans in general bandwagon happy...but that is because we have better things to do than go watch a team lose consistently...not a bad thing in my opinion.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Geez

This is a great way to spend the offseason:

My money is on the cheetah unless they removed the barrier between Chris Johnson and the cheetah, in that case Johnson may outrun the cheetah just to survive.

I don't remember who the sprinter was but a few years ago an Olympic sprinter raced a horse and lost.

Any race featuring an animal vs. human where the animal isn't a slug, snail or walrus should result in the animal winning.  Cheetahs can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds, no human can do that unless he is driving a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport.
greenmnmsi View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Ride wit me

Quote greenmnmsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 6:47am
Whats your thought on Kaepernick? Am thinking of picking him up late rounds.... yay or nay?
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 6:59am
Originally posted by sideways99

Originally posted by Geez

This is a great way to spend the offseason:

My money is on the cheetah unless they removed the barrier between Chris Johnson and the cheetah, in that case Johnson may outrun the cheetah just to survive.

I don't remember who the sprinter was but a few years ago an Olympic sprinter raced a horse and lost.

Any race featuring an animal vs. human where the animal isn't a slug, snail or walrus should result in the animal winning.  Cheetahs can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds, no human can do that unless he is driving a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport.

Because I'm a Bears fan, I wanna c this just to c how Devin Hester did :-) but to even think any human would beat a cheetah in a foot race is just stupid. It's just for ratings, they stand no chance
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 7:05am
Originally posted by greenmnmsi

Whats your thought on Kaepernick? Am thinking of picking him up late rounds.... yay or nay?

He'll be long gone before the late rounds. 
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 7:06am

All I hear about is how awesome and great Russell Wilson is, how many Super Bowls Seattle will win in the next few years, how they crowned themselves an "offseason championship", and 42-13!!

Is it just me as a Niner fan, or are other teams' fans noticing this annoying trend as well?

hard to say they are annoying when they are the loudest fans in the NFL and create one of the hardest environments to play in.  They are passionate and yes fanatic but that is far better than the opposite.  I am a ram fan so look what happened to them...they moved  to St. Louis because their fans were apathetic.

They are annoying. Go on www.seahawks.net or any social media site. Huge bandwagon homers, already crowning themselves Super Bowl champions lol

hard to say that considering they always sell out and have massive support over many years of losing...cant say the same for niner fans which are a step above the old Ram fans but not much...California fans in general bandwagon happy...but that is because we have better things to do than go watch a team lose consistently...not a bad thing in my opinion.

meh, Candlestick was always packed, even throughout the awful past decade. but I do agree that Californians are big bandwagoners.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 7:10am

meh, Candlestick was always packed, even throughout the awful past decade. but I do agree that Californians are big bandwagoners.

Well it was already proven that Miami Heat has a massive following of bandwagoners when they gave up on their team during the championships leaving the stadium early. But in terms of NFL, it's the same thing. Plus, as for me, I live in LA. I've always been a Bears fan, my family a Rams fan cuz they used to be LA Rams. But if those teams aren't playing, ill cheer for Chargers just cuz SD is so close to me and I go there a lot
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 7:49am
LA fans are the absolute worst haha. No one cared about hocket, and suddenly after the Kings won the Cup last year, everrrrryone was a Kings fan.

As an LA resident, which NFL team(s) do you want to make the move to LA? I think it's between the Rams, Raiders, Chargers, and Jaguars to fill the two potential spots.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 8:17am
I'm not a resident of LA any more, but I'd think getting the Rams or Raiders back to LA would probably be the best. The old folks wouldn't even have to buy new gear! LOL
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 9:24am
So far, I've learned that you think Seattle fans are the worst AND LA fans are the worst?
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

So far, I've learned that you think Seattle fans are the worst AND LA fans are the worst?

I lump them both into the "shitbag fans" category.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 10:34am

I lump them both into the "shitbag fans" category.

Where do Miami Fans fall in that category?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 10:47am
My unbiased opinion: Dallas fans are the best Tongue.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 11:04am
"Graduate students are the worst" - Liz Lemon and Jack Donaughy, in unison 
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2013 at 4:58pm
there's good and bad fans for all teams. the worst are drunk fans who can't control their liquor
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 7:13am
Originally posted by solocreep

the worst are drunk people who can't control their liquor

fixed it for ya.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 11:25am
Angry  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-25/cowboys-reach-agreement-with-at-t-to-name-nfl-stadium-1-.html

/ For anyone who remembers my rant a few months ago with Naming Rights and all that crap.  Cowboys Stadium was one of the few left.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 11:35am
If ATT has that kind of money, why can't they afford to allow me to own a smartphone without a data plan?
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2013 at 8:45pm
^they can but based on their research, you want to give them more money because they have money.
on that note, I BET that cowboys stadium will STAY cowboy stadium much like how candlestick park is still that when it's really...i dont know/who gives a shit.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 3:49am
Percy Harvin might need hip surgery. NFC west still interesting.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 6:50am
Originally posted by twolf123

^they can but based on their research, you want to give them more money because they have money.
on that note, I BET that cowboys stadium will STAY cowboy stadium much like how candlestick park is still that when it's really...i dont know/who gives a shit.
This cracked me up.  The certainty of your "BET" faded into "who gives a shit."

I am guessing Aaron Rodgers betting his salary in support of Aaron Braun has faded similarly.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 6:51am

If ATT has that kind of money, why can't they afford to allow me to own a smartphone without a data plan?

haha..because they can and you ended up paying for the data plan, just like how they wanted you to, and just like everyone else. they have no incentive to let you own a smartphone w/o a data plan if they know you and everyone else will shell out the money for it.

paying for stadium/arena naming rights are all part of marketing and name recognition. they figure that if people hear the name AT&T enough, the next time people need to get a new phone or cable service, they'll think of ATT first. so, in a way, they'll get their money back.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 7:00am
Originally posted by lightning80

haha..because they can and you ended up paying for the data plan, just like how they wanted you to, and just like everyone else. they have no incentive to let you own a smartphone w/o a data plan if they know you and everyone else will shell out the money for it.

paying for stadium/arena naming rights are all part of marketing and name recognition. they figure that if people hear the name AT&T enough, the next time people need to get a new phone or cable service, they'll think of ATT first. so, in a way, they'll get their money back.

I gotta switch to T-Mobile.  They don't own shit.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 7:03am
Originally posted by twolf123

Candlestick Park is still referred to as Candlestick because, um, it IS named Candlestick Park.. Ouch
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 7:19am
It will soon be all over any way and they'll be playing at Levi's stadium in a year.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 7:57am
^ I hate corporate America taking over the names of athletic fields and stadiums as well as college bowl games and just about any large scale athletic event.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by sideways99

^ I hate corporate America taking over the names of athletic fields and stadiums as well as college bowl games and just about any large scale athletic event.

This is not an American phenomenom, it's world-wide:

Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 8:47am
I guess that is a good point when you compare it to some other sports that have their sponsor as their Jersey, like in soccer.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 3:19pm

LA fans are the absolute worst haha. No one cared about hocket, and suddenly after the Kings won the Cup last year, everrrrryone was a Kings fan.

As an LA resident, which NFL team(s) do you want to make the move to LA? I think it's between the Rams, Raiders, Chargers, and Jaguars to fill the two potential spots.

Rams or Chargers...Raiders...god no....Jaguars...meh...would be best if they could start fresh with an expansion team perhaps but that is not going to happen
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2013 at 3:21pm
I agree, if it happens, the two most viable teams would be Rams and Chargers. Both already have a presence in the area, and have expiring leases on their stadiums at the moment.
Witters View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Witters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 9:14am

Rams or Chargers...Raiders...god no....Jaguars...meh...would be best if they could start fresh with an expansion team perhaps but that is not going to happen
Send the Raiders back
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 10:01am
I thought there were 2 teams planning on coming back to LA?
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 12:55pm
maclin out for the season. torn acl.
taurus View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote taurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2013 at 10:06pm
49ers' Kaep needs to stop talking. He sounds like a 12yr old hip hop wannabe whenever he opens his mouth.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 12:28am

I agree, if it happens, the two most viable teams would be Rams and Chargers. Both already have a presence in the area, and have expiring leases on their stadiums at the moment.

That's what I read in an article 2 days ago. That possibly 2 teams can make the move. I hope the Rams come back just cuz they were in LA when I grew up and they are my dad's team. I don't like the raiders and can careless about the Jaguars.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 8:48am
I would like the Chargers or Raiders to come to LA although I think only Raiders could handle their crazy LA fans.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I would like the Chargers or Raiders to come to LA although I think only Raiders could handle their crazy LA fans.  

even tho it's not really gonna happen, I'd like to see the rams go back to L.A.. so the NFC west will truly be geographically west.
magichc View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2013 at 11:38am

even tho it's not really gonna happen, I'd like to see the rams go back to L.A.. so the NFC west will truly be geographically west.

Geographically west is one reason why I would like the move for the Rams. But why would it not happen? Does another team have a higher probability of moving instead?
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 5:25am
Originally posted by magichc

Geographically west is one reason why I would like the move for the Rams. But why would it not happen? Does another team have a higher probability of moving instead?

idk if it's gonna happen. news about other teams moving to L.A. seem to be trending more.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 6:03am
Originally posted by taurus

49ers' Kaep needs to stop talking. He sounds like a 12yr old hip hop wannabe whenever he opens his mouth.

Funny that someone else picked up on this too.  I was going to post similarly, but I couldn't find the best way to describe it.  This suffices.  The best comparison I could find is Brian Austin Green.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 7:51am

Originally posted by magichc

idk if it's gonna happen. news about other teams moving to L.A. seem to be trending more.

BS. I think the Rams have one of the best shots at moving to LA. They already have a fan base there and the just got word that they won't receive the 700 million they wanted to renovate their stadium in STL. They are free to leave STL in 2014 if they want to, due to their lease expiring.

And like you said, it keeps the conferences together, rather than say Jacksonville moving to LA and having to realign the conferences again.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 7:52am

Originally posted by taurus

Funny that someone else picked up on this too.  I was going to post similarly, but I couldn't find the best way to describe it.  This suffices.  The best comparison I could find is Brian Austin Green.

lol facepalm.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 8:03am
if 2 teams move to LA, will they be playing in 2 diff stadiums? i've heard of the plans for a downtown stadium next to staples..and another in the city of industry. or will they just build 1 and share it like the giants and jets?
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 8:07am
Pretty sure it would be one stadium with 2 teams sharing it, just like the Jets and Giants the new Meadowlands. 

I think Farmer's Field, which was supposed to be the planned stadium in the City of Industry was killed. Not sure what's happening with the stadium next to Staples, I haven't been following TOO closely. If they somehow get a stadium next to Staples, all I'll say about that is enjoy all that added traffic Los Angeles. 
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2013 at 10:25am
I didn't know the City of Industry was killed, I know it wasn't going anywhere because residents were against it.  My old CPA boss was one of the people who was pushing for that stadium.  LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 2:52am
Here we go again... former NFL running back Larry Johnson convicted of domestic violence battery and assault after choking his ex-girlfriend unconscious and leaving her in her underwear in a Vegas hotel.  Larry has a nice little police blotter... 2009 disturbing the peace, 2003 aggravated assault and misdemeanor battery.

jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 10:56am
I think AP can break the record but not as soon as he thinks...how does he expect to average 20 + more yards a game after 30 than what he has up to this point.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by jstgermain

I think AP can break the record but not as soon as he thinks...how does he expect to average 20 + more yards a game after 30 than what he has up to this point.

uh...steroids
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 2:56pm

Originally posted by jstgermain

uh...steroids

if he's gonna break a record, he'd better do it soon. RB' s don't really have long careers. and with teams trending to multiple backs, he" might" not get as many touches.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2013 at 3:07pm
Suck it Seattle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 41>