0 Staff | 13 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 400,263 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1819202122 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Online Status: Offline
  Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by shwazy

Originally posted by solocreep

Originally posted by shwazy

Originally posted by magichc

someone at work mentioned that RG3 can be now called RG 0-3...

Oh man, haha. Who do u think is going to get their first win. Giants or Redskins? :-)

as a Ram fan gotta love it...already stole a draft pick last year plus a second rounder the year before and now with his injury Redskins pick next season could be a top five pick and I would at worst top ten at this point...man that was a great trade.

Just don't pick a bust.

Rams recent draft history has been solid
1. Tavon Austin and Olgetree look good as number ones from last year.
2. Year before Brockers who looks good. Jenkins from second round looks good
3. Year before Quinn...one of the sack leaders and looking like a star.
Like their chances

and with a bunch of Niner starters injured, their chances are even better tonight.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2013 at 10:49pm
I didnt get a chance to see the game, but was it as bad as the score shows?
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2013 at 10:03am
worse...the Rams were awful in every way.

Bradford looked terrible...kind of performance that makes you wonder if he is any good.
Line on both fronts was bad.

Secondary bad.

Pathetic really. NFL is so hard to figure...this was one of the better defenses in the league last year which is hard to do when the offense is not good.  They are also young so you would have thought they would have just gotten better this year and now they have been torched three games in a row...
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2013 at 5:38pm
The Rams were absolutely shocking. Not sure what tape you've been watching but Tavon has not looked good at all. He should find his feet and be able to craft a niche but so far he looks too tentative when he has the ball in his hands

EDIT: Can someone please tell me why when I post it comes up with

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator. 

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.

Then if I hit refresh it says my post has already been posted and that I'm trying to spam, but if I just exit it still posts my post but I am not awarded any points? Anyone else had this issue before?

Thanks
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2013 at 5:48pm
battle of the undefeated. Saints vs Dolphins. I don't care for either team but the matchup intrigues me.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 12:20am
^ ya, I don't care for either team either, but I guess I would root for Dolphins? I really don't care who wins
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 4:20am
It'd be nice to see the Dolphins enjoy some success with Tannehill at the helm.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 10:34am
Defending Super Bowl champions are in town. How can you not be excited to be a Bills fan today? Go Bills!!!

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 11:18am
I don't care as long as it's a good and exciting game.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 3:44pm
Well done Bills on the upset!

Also, stellar comeback by the Seahawks today. Not a strong game from Wilson by any means, but the O came together when they needed it most (likely fueled from Sherman's pick-6). Certainly the team to beat in the NFL at the moment.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 4:52pm
Well that was a fun game, Denver is an unstoppable team after half time. Unbelievable adjustments happening.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 5:30pm
colts and browns undefeated since the trade. good for them.
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 9:44am
Denver vs Jags in 2 weeks..vegas already giving the jags 28 points...crazy how bad they suck
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 10:09am

colts and browns undefeated since the trade. good for them.

aside from the trade date itself, the cleveland indians have also been undefeated since the trade...how crazy is that!?! good thing the nba season hasn't started, or the cavs would have spoiled it for the city...LOL
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by jstgermain

Denver vs Jags in 2 weeks..vegas already giving the jags 28 points...crazy how bad they suck

Although it would be a miracle upset if they were to win.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I think I'm starting to have the early signs of anxiety with my Broncos, I'm just waiting for the wheels to come off this race car going 250mph and explode into a million pieces. Probably won't happen with Manning at the helm, but shit happens.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 3:02pm
Man, even though there was no team to cheer for, the Atlanta Falcons game was fun to watch in the last 4 min of the 4th qtr. Even the Bears, they almost came back. Stafford got super lucky with his fumble/recovery for TD
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 4:00pm
So Buffalo beat the defending champs getting 5 picks on Flacco in the process, while missing several key players in the secondary. I know we say this every year but honestly I believe that this is our year to make a run in the playoffs. Not saying Super Bowl caliber just yet, but competitive playoff team at least

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by diviesti

I think I'm starting to have the early signs of anxiety with my Broncos, I'm just waiting for the wheels to come off this race car going 250mph and explode into a million pieces. Probably won't happen with Manning at the helm, but shit happens.

if the wheels are going to fall off..it won't happen for at least another 3 weeks..they get the cowboys next, then the jaguars...cowboys can't play pass defense..and jaguars just can't play.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 4:41pm
maybe cuz I'm a Niner fan. but Seattle is a team I love to hate. even during the Shaun Alexander days.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Originally posted by diviesti

if the wheels are going to fall off..it won't happen for at least another 3 weeks..they get the cowboys next, then the jaguars...cowboys can't play pass defense..and jaguars just can't play.

Honestly I don't see the wheels coming off during the regular season as long as Peyton Manning is healthy, its just a small lingering thought in back of my mind that terrifies me. Reminds me of like 5 years ago when Orton led the team to a 6-0 start to miss the playoffs. With so much praise coming Denver's way every week it almost feels like its going to be jinxed. 

LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 8:34am
New Orleans looked GOOD last night.  I know their defense got some gifts, but they earned those sacks and Brees showed how many options he has.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 11:06am

New Orleans brought Miami back to reality.  Brees looked really good last night and Sproles was a receiving maniac hauling in 7 passes for 114 yards and a TD, along with a rushing TD.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by sideways99

New Orleans brought Miami back to reality.  Brees looked really good last night and Sproles was a receiving maniac hauling in 7 passes for 114 yards and a TD, along with a rushing TD.

I love watching Sproles run w/ his 5'6 height against all the big players...his legs moves so dang fast Clap
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 5:11pm

I love watching Sproles run w/ his 5'6 height against all the big players...his legs moves so dang fast Clap

their defense looks good since ryan took over
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2013 at 5:23pm
Sproles was a beast last night.  On that turf, he was close to impossible to stop.  Miami had no answer.  Then they got Jimmy Graham involved and it was curtains.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 2:45pm
I was down in New Orleans a few weeks ago at a conference.

We were in the Carosel Bar and Rob Ryan walked in!  The Saints had just beaten the Falcons earlier in the day.  He was the nicest guy.  A few people went up to him and told him congrats and stuff. 

The Cowboys game was on the TV... So I asked from a few seats down "hey there, wanna' watch this Cowboys D with me?"  (I was wearing a Saints shirt, so I felt good about my witty comment (did I mention I was in NOLA, and may have had a few?))

Ryan says back without missing a beat "Sure do!" and winks.  The whole bar started laughing.  I'm pretty happy they're 4-0 now.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 5:29pm
Donte Hitner? I guess. it sounds better than ocho cinco.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 5:21am
John Skelton? seems like the niners are having trouble finding a backup qb. making things worse, SEA picked up their 3rd string qb that was released. he knows the playbook. this rivalry is getting better.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 8:19am

John Skelton? seems like the niners are having trouble finding a backup qb. making things worse, SEA picked up their 3rd string qb that was released. he knows the playbook. this rivalry is getting better.

Right? Skelton is awful. Anyone who watched him in Arizona knows that. No idea why we decided to sign him.

Fuck Seattle.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 2:43pm
I really don't understand the move...BJ Daniels was the best QB in pre-season for the 49ers. They should have let Colt McCoy go instead if they really wanted to pick up Skelton. I'm pretty sure McCoy wouldn't have been picked up by another team and would have safely landed in the practice squad. And Skelton? Really? He's not even good...Makes no sense to me...Confused
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Geez

Sproles was a beast last night.  On that turf, he was close to impossible to stop.  Miami had no answer.  Then they got Jimmy Graham involved and it was curtains.

He tore it up!! Too bad I already won my fantasy match up, but with Sproles stats, I destroyed the guy by almost 100 pts
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 9:45pm
am I the only one surprised that the browns put up 37 points?
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 12:57am

am I the only one surprised that the browns put up 37 points?

I think that suprised a lot of people myself included. I have to say I loved the ebb and flow of the game and was rooting heavily for the browns. Hopefully Hoyer isn't banged up too bad and can be back in a few weeks
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 10:30am
Hoyer's backup didnt do that bad in my opinion. I wonder which backups are worried about screwing up (fear) compared to those that are (finally happy and ready to show the world they're the real deal)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 10:52am
Hoyer's "backup" last night was Brandon Weeden who started the season as the Brownie's #1 QB.  Weeden sprained his thumb in Game 2 and then Hoyer started in Game 3.

Hoyer is out for the rest of the season with a torn knee ligament.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 11:21am
More surprised that the browns are atop of the arc north and the steelers are winless.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 1:14pm
^^ That surprise got me a whopping 0 points in the office pool.  

How did the Browns win without a QB?  Confused 

- I'd say the Seattle/Indy game was the hardest to pick though.  But I just can't go against the Hawks right now.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 1:16pm
^^ That surprise got me a whopping 0 points in the office pool.  

How did the Browns win without a QB?  Confused 

- I'd say the Seattle/Indy game was the hardest to pick though.  But I just can't go against the Hawks right now.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 1:47pm
backup QBs starting to become more valuable
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 2:01pm

Apparently starting QBs are expendable..see Josh Freeman...I expect that teams with injured QBs would be lining up to sign him. I would love to see a team pick him up and play him against the Bucs..and totally destroy them. What that head coach and organization is doing is just a disgrace...
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 3:13pm

Apparently starting QBs are expendable..see Josh Freeman...I expect that teams with injured QBs would be lining up to sign him. I would love to see a team pick him up and play him against the Bucs..and totally destroy them. What that head coach and organization is doing is just a disgrace...

That is the best to watch when a team gets rid of a player and that player comes back to play against his old team and wins
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by magichc

That is the best to watch when a team gets rid of a player and that player comes back to play against his old team and wins

unless they beat your favorite team
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 9:37pm

Man I hope the Raiders don't pick up Freeman in typically shocking Raider fashion. Pryor is great to watch and the D isn't all that bad.

Terrible news for Hoyer going down with the ACL. Even if Browns picked a QB next year it would have been perfect for him to showcase himself for other teams this season on the back of that nasty D

Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 9:23am
You know the NFL doesn't pay taxes?  Amazing.  It generates $9.5 billion in revenue every year, Goodell gets a $30 million salary, Tagliabue still gets $8.5 million, and nearly every stadium gets hundreds of millions in public funding.  I think owners must get down on their hands and knees every night and thank Pete Rozelle for getting the NFL tax exempt status 40 some years ago.  When I grow up, I want to own an NFL team.  That seems like a nice way to make a living.

magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2013 at 10:56am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Man I hope the Raiders don't pick up Freeman in typically shocking Raider fashion. Pryor is great to watch and the D isn't all that bad.

Terrible news for Hoyer going down with the ACL. Even if Browns picked a QB next year it would have been perfect for him to showcase himself for other teams this season on the back of that nasty D

Would u want them to pick up Freeman or Tebow? hehehe :-)
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2013 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Geez

You know the NFL doesn't pay taxes?  Amazing.  It generates $9.5 billion in revenue every year, Goodell gets a $30 million salary, Tagliabue still gets $8.5 million, and nearly every stadium gets hundreds of millions in public funding.  I think owners must get down on their hands and knees every night and thank Pete Rozelle for getting the NFL tax exempt status 40 some years ago.  When I grow up, I want to own an NFL team.  That seems like a nice way to make a living.

I heard about this on NPR a week or so ago.  A guy just wrote a book on it.  This absolutely blows my mind.  I think what burns me is that stat about how many stadiums are paid for by taxes.  I mean, i'm all for the game, i'm a big fan etc etc etc.... but it does stink with all of the "we don't wanna pay taxes" crowds out there, that the stadiums are getting subsidized. Unbelievable. 

/ in other news: my money on San Fran is looking pretty good right now, and I wish MicroSuck would stop running their stupid attack ads on Google (and the iphone vs Galaxyads... sofa'king stupid!!). 
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2013 at 6:35pm
nice start fir the niners
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2013 at 7:01pm
Wow... that was quite a game between Denver and Dallas.  Defense?  Who needs f'ing defense?  The teams combined to score 99 points, Romo threw for 506 yards and 5 TDs but his Int with 2 minutes left set up Prater's game-winning field goal.  Peyton threw for 414 yards, 4 TDs, 1 rushing TD and his first interception of the season.  Bottom line, Broncos are 5-0.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2013 at 9:10pm

Wow... that was quite a game between Denver and Dallas.  Defense?  Who needs f'ing defense?  The teams combined to score 99 points, Romo threw for 506 yards and 5 TDs but his Int with 2 minutes left set up Prater's game-winning field goal.  Peyton threw for 414 yards, 4 TDs, 1 rushing TD and his first interception of the season.  Bottom line, Broncos are 5-0.

What a game! Poor old Tony Romo plays the best game of his career and then throws a pick at the end like that gotta feel for the man because of all the unwarranted hate he receives. 

Freeman to the Vikings. Not sure what to think about that, on the surface it seems like a desperate move but then because of the standings at the moment they are completely in the playoff hunt. I'm just happy that he didn't end up with the Raiders so now they're watchable for the year

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 41>