0 Staff | 21 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 399,865 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2324252627 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 4:46pm
loved to see the Rams not pack it in after Bradford went down and smack the Colts and Bears in the mouth over the last two weeks...NFC West has to be the best division in football?
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 4:58pm
^ Yeah, that was quite a win, pounding Chicago 42-21.  

San Diego upsets KC, 41-38 handing the Chiefs their 2nd loss of the season.

Is Arizona for real?  They crushed Indy 40-11.  Cardinals' defense is looking real good.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 5:36pm
it was a good win for the rams but it was definitely not as bad as the scoreline suggests...it was 27-21 with 7 minutes left and the Bears D just could not stop the run, they had them down to a few 3rd downs but just couldn't stop them...at least the lions lost and the packers tied...still got a chance for the playoffs. we need briggs back badly.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by sideways99

^ Yeah, that was quite a win, pounding Chicago 42-21.  

San Diego upsets KC, 41-38 handing the Chiefs their 2nd loss of the season.

Is Arizona for real?  They crushed Indy 40-11.  Cardinals' defense is looking real good.

depends on what you mean by for real?  If that means a legitimate shot at being a playoff team then yes, but I do not see them doing much if they make it.  They are tough at home.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 7:31pm
DEN/NE game is not that entertaining.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Quote Redheaderr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 8:05pm
Are you serious solocreep? Did you turn the tv off after the first half??? This is another excellent Brady Manning faceoff game.
sheeshgosh View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 9:20pm
this game literally made me pull my hair out.

Tony Carter from denver broncos should be fired for costing that game.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 5:10am
I turned it off before the half. good thing I checked back in the third quarter. it got way more entertaining.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 5:41am
Originally posted by solocreep

Interesting, Dan Wetzel from Yahoo Sports called it: "New England beat Denver Sunday, 34-31, in one of the wildest and most entertaining games of the NFL season."

Moreno had a helluva game, 224 yards and 1 TD.  Manning wasn't terrible but he did not put up the numbers we are used to seeing this season.  Manning: 19 - 36 for 150 yards, 2 TDs, 1 Int.  Brady: 34 - 50, 344 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Int.  Manning's record in games where the temp is 32 or below is 3-8 with 13 TDs and 14 Ints.

Tony Carter really blew it but in the end it is just a game and I hope Denver fans do not overreact as some fans do.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 7:21am
Originally posted by sideways99

Interesting, Dan Wetzel from Yahoo Sports called it: "New England beat Denver Sunday, 34-31, in one of the wildest and most entertaining games of the NFL season."Moreno had a helluva game, 224 yards and 1 TD.  Manning wasn't terrible but he did not put up the numbers we are used to seeing this season.  Manning: 19 - 36 for 150 yards, 2 TDs, 1 Int.  Brady: 34 - 50, 344 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Int.  Manning's record in games where the temp is 32 or below is 3-8 with 13 TDs and 14 Ints.Tony Carter really blew it but in the end it is just a game and I hope Denver fans do not overreact as some fans do.

like I stated above I turned it off before the half and checked back in the third quarter.
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 9:38am
it was still pretty entertaining to see how denver got that lead. And then the pats must have drank the monster juice at halftime because there were 28 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter alone.

Manning made an amazing effort to take it to overtime. But the broncos defense just couldn't hold the pats from moving the chains. But the blame at the end is gonna go all on Tony Carter. Even if broncos would've lost in a different way, at least they put up a fight. Rather than letting one man make a silly mistake as that and costing the game. Reminds me of when a Niner made that same mistake that cost them to lose against the Giants in the playoffs who ended up winning the superbowl.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 10:11am
I can't freekin believe that last night. Angry

Honestly... i'm at a loss for words.  I don't feel like getting in a pissing match with you brady worshipers, so i won't mention the fact that bonk can push and shove, but heaves forbid any broncos across the middle can do the same. 
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 11:20am
Unfortunate loss for Denver but it was an interesting game nonetheless, but there's always the next season.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 12:17pm
I want to know how a player can rush for 224 yards in a single game and still be on the losing end. Denver is still a better team in my opinion. New England has been pretty one dimmensional with a weak run game. Moreno has been solid this year, and last night was an incredible performance. With Julius Thomas back in the lineup and a strong run game, Denver will continue to be solid this year.
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 12:34pm
Denver Broncos will definitely cruise through the rest of the year. This was a wake-up call for them. Moreno had a hell of an amazing game. Did anyone notice how a lot of players on the Broncos were bleeding. I honestly felt the wind had a lot to do with the outcome of the game because when the wind was in Brady's favor, they scored a lot of TD's.

And to the person saying Peyton does bad in the cold, doesn't he practice in denver? and isn't denver pretty cold? In the end, it doesn't matter, Brady might have beat Peyton Manning but Brady is still going to be that elite QB who lose to the crappy QB Eli Manning twice in the superbowl.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by sheeshgosh

And to the person saying Peyton does bad in the cold, doesn't he practice in denver? and isn't denver pretty cold?

That would be me.  The answers to your questions are "yes" and "yes" but Manning's record and stats in cold weather games speak for themselves, as a retired NFLer once said "stats don't lie". 

sheshgosh - please update your avatar, the threads you post in are jumping because your original avatar didn't make it through the site upgrade/improvement/whatever the hell they did.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 4:56pm
Of course a game that started with nothing but points off of turnovers would end that way too.  Very disappointed to watch what became a good game to see it end like that.  But then again, if I was rooting for NE, I would have been very excited.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 5:00pm
watching both Brady and Manning in OT was interesting. Arguably the two best QBs in the league failing to sustain a scoring drive.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 6:10pm
Brady > every other current NFL QB
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 5:32am
fixed my avatar sideways99

brady is an elite QB and arguably one of the best of this generation. He puts up numbers and his stats are amazing. But i still dislike brady and since I'm a natural NY giants fan, I always bring up the 2 superbowls when anybody talk to me about brady. This year tho, Peyton is playing a lot better than Brady.
evo_1320 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Snowboarding

Quote evo_1320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 5:34am
I did not do any good this wekend picking the game. I think I got one game right. THanksgiving should have a couple of good games too.
evo_1320 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Snowboarding

Quote evo_1320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 6:07am
I did not do good at all picking the game this past weeekend. I dont know what happen. I need to get them all right next weekend to make some ground up. Plus there should be a couple of good games Thanksgiving too.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 6:29am

fixed my avatar sideways99  

Thank you, sir.

Originally posted by evo_1320

I did not do any good this wekend picking the game. I think I got one game right. THanksgiving should have a couple of good games too.

I hear you, I was 7-7 last week.  Terrible week for me.  I have my picks in for the upcoming week, going with a couple of upsets since that seems to be the trend.

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 7:21am
nice win by the niners. must win to keep ahead of the cardinals. the cardinals? go figure.
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 9:14am
it will be interesting to see how the Niners fair up against the Rams considering how they dominated just this last game against the Bears. Gonna be flipping the channels back and forth because my main focus will be the broncos game.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 2:22pm
I have to think the Niners are going to control the game just like they did this week.  I know STL is way better than Washington, but the Niners seemed like they are finally playing together.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 6:11pm
Chicago's defence has issues, the niners defence is solid.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I have to think the Niners are going to control the game just like they did this week.  I know STL is way better than Washington, but the Niners seemed like they are finally playing together.

it will be interesting...SF offense is not that impressive and Rams D is progressing with a lot of young talent...I think it will be a close game.
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 7:21pm
well if the niners can control the running game, i see them coming out on top. Kaepernick has been inconsistent. Going to be even more exciting when its 49ers vs. Seahawks. I honestly see them 2 taking it far in the playoffs
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2013 at 8:51pm
i dont think the niners are going far this year...but hey I am a Ram fan so very biased but they just dont seem to be good enough right now...no way they beat Seahawks in Seattle if they continue to play at the current level.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2013 at 7:25am
I think the Seahawk/Saints game is actually going to tell us more about how the 9ers do at the end of the season.  I know it's at Seattle, but it will be a real test for them at home.  If they should go down, the 49ers are right back in it with getting the Hawks at home.

^^ Now, about that Rams team... umm... I don't know what to think about them.  All I know is, I've lost on every Rams bet I've made in the office pool.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2013 at 11:47am
Bears defense blows especially in the secondary. I cannot believe zach bowman is in the league....they made Keller Clemens look like Kurt Warner out there. Miserable.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2013 at 12:07pm
I think Crabtree is back for the niners. I don't think he'll be much of an impact right away. hope he does enough to help win.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2013 at 2:20pm

it will be interesting to see how the Niners fair up against the Rams considering how they dominated just this last game against the Bears. Gonna be flipping the channels back and forth because my main focus will be the broncos game.

You can always put both games on dual screen but keep the bronco's game on the big screen and the other game on the mini screen.  LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2013 at 5:11pm

I think Crabtree is back for the niners. I don't think he'll be much of an impact right away. hope he does enough to help win.

Crabtree coming back is another option for Kap, will help spread the defense out and take some focus away from V-Davis.  Whether he's 100% or not he will still have a positive impact on the team.

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

I think the Seahawk/Saints game is actually going to tell us more about how the 9ers do at the end of the season.  I know it's at Seattle, but it will be a real test for them at home.  If they should go down, the 49ers are right back in it with getting the Hawks at home.

^^ Now, about that Rams team... umm... I don't know what to think about them.  All I know is, I've lost on every Rams bet I've made in the office pool.

They are the youngest team in the league so they still suffer inconsistencies but with Quinn emergence as one of the best players in the league they are definitely on an upward trajectory.  Not gonna be their year obviously but with owning the Redskin pick which appears to be a top five pick they are going to be in position to trade down and probably end up with another haul...next year I will be surprised if they are not playoff bound.
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2013 at 5:48am
I don't see the rams going very far this year as well. I'm predicting the seahawks or broncos gonna take it all the way.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2013 at 7:12am
its all about who is peaking during playoffs. its a whole new season.
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2013 at 9:15am
that is true. If peyton can stay healthy, i doubt he's gonna "lose" his skills to throw a perfect pass. If anything Knowshon Moreno makes up for it in the ground game.

And the seahawks are pretty strong with the running game as well so even if russell cracks under pressure, i think they'll at least make it to division champions
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2013 at 7:09pm
i just love watching the packers lose...and i hate the lions.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2013 at 7:23pm
^ Didn't expect to see such a lopsided score, especially with all of the Detroit turnovers.  Packers offense suffers greatly without Rodgers.

Dallas didn't look great against Oakland but managed to win by 7.  Murray had a good game, 3 TDs.  Slept through part of the game...

Pretty good battle going on in Baltimore.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2013 at 9:00pm
i thought janikowski's onside kick was bad but that steeler one takes the cake...wow
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2013 at 6:14am
Yesterday's games were pretty boring. That lions blowout looked bad and the ravens scored a td on their first posession so I just turned the tv off.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2013 at 9:41am
do the lions need to wait another 10 years for another thanksgiving win?
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2013 at 12:12pm
if the lions make the playoffs, calvin johnson has to be in the conversation for mvp...at least offensive player of the year.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2013 at 1:03pm
I wasn't expecting the Raiders to win but they almost had it.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I wasn't expecting the Raiders to win but they almost had it.

mcGloin looks decent as a rookie.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2013 at 3:38pm
boy was I wrong about the Rams keeping it close...dominated by Niners
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by shwazy

boy was I wrong about the Rams keeping it close...dominated by Niners

key win for the niners. they play Seattle next week and Arizona lost.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2013 at 6:48pm
Indy squeaked by Tennessee, NE squeaked by Houston, Minny squeaked by Chicago, Philly squeaked by Arizona, Atlanta squeaked by Buffalo... a lot of squeakers today.

Jacksonville beat Cleveland?  Sheesh, they really do not want the 1st pick of the draft.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 41>