0 Staff | 34 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 398,123 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 10:07am
Originally posted by solocreep

Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Reports on NFL.com suggesting that a homosexual player in the NFL will come out soon. It will be a huge day for such a macho sport if it happens. 

Any guesses on who it is?

Although he would be an obvious suspect Joey Harrington is no longer playing in the NFL.  Same for Troy Aikman.  Jeff Garthia and his lisp would put him at the top of the suspect list, too, even though he married a Playmate.  Watching Deion Sanders and Andre Rison bitchslap each other would have made them suspects, too.

All of the suspects I have named are no longer in the NFL... how about Hasselbeck?

Edit:  I completely forgot about kickers, it's gotta be a kicker or punter.  Minny's Chris Kluwe is my pick.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 1:55pm
Dolphins new logo looks okay. I guess ill get used to it after a while
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 2:49pm

Eh I think I like the old one better
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 2:54pm
The new one looks generic.
I agree the old is better. Plus, I don't see why they'll want or need to change it.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 11:21pm
Change the logo, changes the jersey. More $$$$

The Ravens making more moves to fill the gaps signing Huff. He plays a similar style to Reed so I'd say replacing Kruger and Reed with Dumervil and Huff is an upgrade. Now they should grab Manti in the draft if he falls and they'll be set again
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 6:11am

Change the logo, changes the jersey. More $$$$
The Ravens making more moves to fill the gaps signing Huff. He plays a similar style to Reed so I'd say replacing Kruger and Reed with Dumervil and Huff is an upgrade. Now they should grab Manti in the draft if he falls and they'll be set again

I'm thinking te'o might end up in Chicago to replace urlacher.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 4:47am
Interesting, the old Dolphins logo looks like the Dolphin is jumping out of the water.  The new one looks like it is gliding under water.  Not sure what the significance of this is, but maybe with the signing of some high profiles players, they wanted to make a change / rebrand.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 5:19am
I thought the dolphin had a helmet on in the old logo? Unless there was a previous version. I say this cause a nfl trivia question asked which two teams had helmets as part of their logo. The answer used to be dolphins and raiders.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 6:15am
Originally posted by sdwc96

I thought the dolphin had a helmet on in the old logo? Unless there was a previous version. I say this cause a nfl trivia question asked which two teams had helmets as part of their logo. The answer used to be dolphins and raiders.

You are correct, that one posted above by mj2d was just a concept for the new logo: http://the305.com/2013/01/10/miami-dolphins-to-reveal-new-logo/#.UVWwKxysh8E.

The old one is shown below:

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 6:50am

Correct. The post made earlier may have been a previous logo, but the one people are referring to is:
<image didnt work, but sintexo outdid me by leaps and bounds anyhow lol>

I would also argue the new one looks a lot more... feminine. It no longer has any facial features that make one think it is mean/tough.

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 11:24am
I actually liked the concept design a lot more than the real one haha
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 4:55pm
Matt Flynn can't save the raiders. Only helps with salary cap.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 9:12pm
Thanks sintexo. I have spotty reception at work and couldnt google it. I sort of wish they kept the helmet on the dolphin as part of tradition. But it definitely gives it a more modern feel. Plus removing the helmet and m makes it easier to move the team without forcing a logo change.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 10:30pm

Romo got himself a nice extension. 6 year worth $108 million for a guy who can't win a playoff game. Well done cowboys!

twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Geez

Interesting, the old Dolphins logo looks like the Dolphin is jumping out of the water.  The new one looks like it is gliding under water.  Not sure what the significance of this is, but maybe with the signing of some high profiles players, they wanted to make a change / rebrand.

more so a contemporary look to a vintage logo that was basically used until 1996

on that note, makes the 1997 logo look like a bastard, lol
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 3:52am
$100M + ? For Romo? Damn...
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 5:21am
That money would have been better spent getting a better o line. Romo just got paid to get sacked. But then again hes been their best option for a qb and they dont look ready to draft a prospect.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 4:47pm
$108 million is a fake number.  The agents use it to make it look they got that much for their client.  Look at the guaranteed money and you'll see it is not that outrageous.  Overpaid?  Yeah a bit.  But not egregious.  Look at Vick's "$100 million dollar deal."  Ended up being 2 years and $33 million before they reworked it.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2013 at 6:19pm
It is still pretty outrageous.  What was Brees guaranteed money, 60M iirc?  Flacco just got 52M I think.  While I do think Romo is underrated by most, he does still choke hard when it really counts, and he's being paid as much as some of the top QB's in the league.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 12:50am
A whole bunch of QB changes this off season. Kolb now a bill.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 5:48am
^And it looks like the Cards might have interest in Carson Palmer.  Palmer and Kolb moving is basically rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2013 at 7:42am
the same goes with the bill taking kolb over fitzpatrick. kolb was a bust after a big contract and so was fitzpatrick after he got his. if anything at least fitzpatrick was streaky enough for them to win crucial games. but he needed fred jackson or some sort of running game to lean on.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 12:45am
If the Raiders get Flynn I sure hope they don't give up anything to get him. I never thought I'd say it but I would gladly have Campbell back!!
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 1:40am
vikings might not be so bad this year, thank god
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 6:32am
The draft is around the corner. Can't wait to see what the Niners do with all those picks. Busy, busy war room.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 10:12am

^And it looks like the Cards might have interest in Carson Palmer.  Palmer and Kolb moving is basically rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

haha. OUCH! THough your statement does hold some merit lol. The Cards had one solid season a few years back, but have crapped out since. Bills have been a perennial punching bag. I would love to see a paradigm shift and the Bills become competitive. Seeing the cards suck isn't so bad, as they're in the same division as the Seachickens.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 2:49pm
Colt McCoy new backup Niners QB. I was thinking they'd bring Johnson back.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2013 at 5:29pm
With the QB musical chairs, it will be interesting to see how the top of the draft is affected with regards to the top QBs.  I don't see KC drafting a QB after getting Alex Smith.  Do the Raiders / Cards / Bills really think they found long term solutions?
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 2:39am

With the QB musical chairs, it will be interesting to see how the top of the draft is affected with regards to the top QBs.  I don't see KC drafting a QB after getting Alex Smith.  Do the Raiders / Cards / Bills really think they found long term solutions?

I'd say Raiders think they have. Cards will probably draft someone to groom behind Palmer for a year or two. And the Bills should draft someone to compete with and hopefully beat out Kolb
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 3:36am
I still think at least one QB will be drafted in the first round
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 6:46am
^^ Fo Sho man, they are too valuable not to take a flyer on at least one.
Someone's going to try to find this year's Russel Wilson.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 7:51am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

^^ Fo Sho man, they are too valuable not to take a flyer on at least one.
Someone's going to try to find this year's Russel Wilson.

Yeah, there will be more than one, but I don't see them being as successful as this past season's crop.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 10:52am
i'm still disappointed at the romo deal...why!?!? save that money and draft a QB of the future. sure, his stats look nice. but at critical moments of games, he makes some pretty dumb mistakes. he also has problems on pressure games that matter (end of seasons and playoffs). i think it's time to start developing the next QB...
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2013 at 3:32pm
Asomugha now a Niner. Heck yeah. Paper champs for now.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 5:30am
At least the 49ers will make him earn it.  He will be making less money than Randy Moss did last year as a "big name."  It's entirely possible he was just miscast in Philly, but as someone who watched every single one of his games with the Birds, I can unequivocally say that he was gawdawful terrible.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 5:41am

At least the 49ers will make him earn it.  He will be making less money than Randy Moss did last year as a "big name."  It's entirely possible he was just miscast in Philly, but as someone who watched every single one of his games with the Birds, I can unequivocally say that he was gawdawful terrible.

If he lost a step, I wouldn't mind seeing him at safety.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 2:48pm

It did. The dolphin did have a helmet. People were talking about if it had to do with the new changes in the rules for safety which wouldn't make sense if they took the helmet away
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 8:14pm
T.O working out with Tom Brady down at USC Shocked.......I could follow this story line for a while haha 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 10:09pm
Is T.O. the one who is having the hardest time finding a team to play with?? I just think it's funny when that happens to someone who used to be a star. Hopefully college players take a lesson from him and realize they need to be focused and manage their money and anger throughout their career
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 1:24am
Originally posted by rurchan

Is T.O. the one who is having the hardest time finding a team to play with?? I just think it's funny when that happens to someone who used to be a star. Hopefully college players take a lesson from him and realize they need to be focused and manage their money and anger throughout their career

T.O is definitely not going to get another shot, I'd have loved to see him stick with the Seahawks last year and get to play with Wilson. It still amazes me how people with so much money can end up broke especially when they pay people to take care of it for them!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 4:55am

Originally posted by rurchan

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; ">T.O is definitely not going to get another shot, I'd have loved to see him stick with the Seahawks last year and get to play with Wilson. It still amazes me how people with so much money can end up broke especially when they pay people to take care of it for them!!

He should just play arena football.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 5:02am
^ Ha - yeah, he tried that and it blew up in his face as well.  You burn enough bridges and create a reputation for yourself, no one wants to bring you in if it is not worth the headache.  Same thing happened with Iverson.
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 9:17am
the deal for romo is a bit disturbing considering he has 1 playoff win.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 11:02am
Anybody think its weird that so many o tackles aren't being signed? With a weak draft class that probably only has 3-5 starting tackles, the falcons go and cut another starting right tackle!! I wish the eagles would sign one of these guys
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by chenmt

Anybody think its weird that so many o tackles aren't being signed? With a weak draft class that probably only has 3-5 starting tackles, the falcons go and cut another starting right tackle!! I wish the eagles would sign one of these guys

Nope, but I think its weird that jamarcus Russell is drawing interest from a few teams. That's according to a report on NFL.com
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2013 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Originally posted by chenmt

Nope, but I think its weird that jamarcus Russell is drawing interest from a few teams. That's according to a report on NFL.com

I think he'll get on a team for camp, whether or not he makes the roster is a completely different story. After being cut after 3 years and labelled the biggest draft bust of all time didn't he go through some personal issues? Caught with codeine or something? If he's worked through that he may have a more resolute attitude and desire to play
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 4:35am

The NFL really will stop at nothing in its attempt to take over the world.  The Pro Bowl rosters will be selected via draft?  And the draft will be televised in prime time? 

Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 5:12am

The NFL really will stop at nothing in its attempt to take over the world.  The Pro Bowl rosters will be selected via draft?  And the draft will be televised in prime time? 

wtf this is stupid. specially since there are only 2 teams drafting. When are they going to do this?
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Blur510

wtf this is stupid. specially since there are only 2 teams drafting. When are they going to do this?

Lol, Yup. With only two teams its more like picking players like playground football. Whatever, its still nor that interesting to me.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 5:22am
^ It's all about the TV ratings and people will tune in to watch it (at least for the first year or two and then people will get bored with it).  Anything for the almighty dollar!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>