0 Staff | 17 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 404,549 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3334353637 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Online Status: Offline
  Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 4:43pm
Beat him like any other QB. With pressure and sacks.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by jjfreak

Originally posted by Von44

Yeah he's got another 1-2 years left in him. Also Denver needs to upgrade the o-line. Manning was a sitting duck for seattle's d.
Well, their o-line was pretty good the whole season.
Seattle defense is just too crazy.....haha
That's the problem. Denver got too comfy thinking the o-line was good enough. It might have been fine if manning was a bit more mobile but pass protection has to be better against that kind of D.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 10:46pm
Even with a huge upset lost, Manning is still a class act.  Yeah, screw you reporter person!  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2014 at 10:35am
Even with that huge loss, if they were to play 10 games against each other, how many do you think Seattle would win?

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Even with that huge loss, if they were to play 10 games against each other, how many do you think Seattle would win?

Prolly only need one game for broncos to make major adjustments to have an effective attack. Not saying the Seattle can't win, but it'd be a much entertaining game. But that's football, one game all-in go big or go home.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2014 at 5:40pm
Gonna be different with no football this Sunday. I actually have more time.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2014 at 7:56am
Originally posted by solocreep

I'm kinda glad. I live in D.C. and I get tired of the RG3 hype. Plus I can't stand the Redskins, so the less talk about Washington football the better.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2014 at 8:41am

Seriously.....Sunday's are gonna be less exciting now.....what to do.....what to do.....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2014 at 8:45am
Originally posted by jjfreak

Sunday's are gonna be less exciting now.....what to do..... GO SHRED....what to do.....GO SHRED

Edited for instruction.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by motoxninja80

I'm kinda glad. I live in D.C. and I get tired of the RG3 hype. Plus I can't stand the Redskins, so the less talk about Washington football the better.

Is there still RG3 hype there?
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2014 at 10:50am

Originally posted by motoxninja80

Is there still RG3 hype there?

There is, although it's not as much as it was in his rookie season. But there were plenty people this season who were saying "Oh he's gonna do great this season!...He's gonna take us to the playoffs." There are a lot of people around here who think he is amazing. I think he's overrated.

I think people expected him to come back from his knee injury and do really well. But, in my opinion, it will take awhile for him to be as good as he was before the injury. He can't run like he used to which eliminates the whole read option aspect of the offense.

Apparently Shanahan didn't like RG3, and there's been some conspiracy that he had been out to ruin the Redskins' season since he signed up.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2014 at 5:40pm
I don't pay much attention to the redskins, but I think they're a mess.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2014 at 3:30pm
I heard Michael Vick is a free agent. I wonder where he'll end up.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2014 at 4:19pm
I am curious as to if he'll get picked up at all.  When he is at his best he is effective.  But what are the odds another team will change up their offense to fit him with the risk of him getting injured.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2014 at 6:53am
Someone might pick him up just for marketing purposes. Ticket/jersey sales.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2014 at 9:13am
He is a mixed bag for marketing though.  Young people are less excited about him, and old people and parents still hate him for the dog fighting.  I think some teams might now want his name to be sold on their jerseys.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2014 at 12:27pm
There are quite a few teams that might want him as a stop gap to a young qb they pick in the draft.

For example, maybe the Jags or Raiders or Vikings...etc. Maybe one of these teams think they want to develop the qb more slowly and that Vick is an upgrade to what they currently have...I think he gets signed somewhere for sure...he is a better back up then a lot of the back ups in the NFL.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2014 at 5:02pm
I don't know the price tags, but depending on what offense you're running, Mark Sanchez might be a better stop gap QB cuz two teams already gave up on Vick.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2014 at 2:50pm
Not sure bout this Clowney kid. But if ends up as the real deal and the Texans draft him, he and Watt would devour O-lines.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2014 at 2:22pm

I don't know the price tags, but depending on what offense you're running, Mark Sanchez might be a better stop gap QB cuz two teams already gave up on Vick.

I don't know.  Vick was a pretty good stop gap for foles.  The only thing about Sanchez is that you wouldn't have to switch up your offensive style.  Maybe with the lack of options for stop gaps and a lot of QBs coming out, Vick might have a shot.  But I think owners are going to want to put their first round QB talent on the field right away.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2014 at 7:26pm
Draft prospect Michael Sam comes out the closest. I don't think it's a big deal.the guy can play. It's just the media circus that would follow, might lower his draft stock. Asking him the same questions, asking teammates, coaches, etc. The same questions. It gets old fast.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2014 at 9:40am
The NFLPA came out in support.  I think it was a good time now to come out.  Small circus now...will be mentioned during draft, but likely won't be a main story.  Also, this will be great for his reputation amongst NFL players.  Nobody will accuse him of being dishonest or "tricking" anyone.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2014 at 9:42am
Saw this on Yardbarker - NFL Ugly Christmas Sweaters

I know Christmas sweaters are on the downswing, but these are awesome.  A must have for any fan, or non-fan who wants to mock fans.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2014 at 10:47am
I'm glad he came out, but if the controversy grows and if the NFL is saying it will reduce his draft prospects, I think it will deter more players and draft hopefuls from coming out if they want to. But hopefully the media circus will die soon
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2014 at 11:16am
I think coming out will affect his draft prospects because of the added media attention and possible reaction from new teammates. If a team can pick a player of equal caliber without the added drama, it's easy to see why a team would pick someone else first.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2014 at 12:42pm
I don't see the media circus surrounding Michael Sam dying down any time soon.  I agree with lightning, I think it will impact his status for the draft, some teams may shy away from a player that the media will be covering 24 hours a day, too much of a distraction.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2014 at 5:06pm
If he goes on a winning team I think the hype will die down faster than if he went on a losing team. Winning almost solves everything.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2014 at 7:25am
Niners have been winning lately, there's a big homosexual community in SF, and I think he used to be teammates with Aldon Smith. I can see Sam ending up here.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2014 at 8:19am
Originally posted by sideways99

I don't see the media circus surrounding Michael Sam dying down any time soon.  I agree with lightning, I think it will impact his status for the draft, some teams may shy away from a player that the media will be covering 24 hours a day, too much of a distraction.

This is still a win-win for Sam.   He isn't good enough to be a 1st rounder, so he isn't losing a lot of money if he slides.  Dropping for 3rd to 6th even isn't that big of a change.  And he isn't bad enough to not get drafted or immediately signed as an undrafted free agent.  The also greatly increases the likelihood that he goes to a team  willing to put up with the media distraction and support him in and out of the locker room.  So even if it is a circus, it is overall the better option compared to coming out a year or two down the road.  And that's on top of all the good stuff that comes along with being able to come out on your own terms and not have it leaked before you want.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2014 at 11:46am
Oakland raiders reportedly have the toughest schedule next year. Start looking for a new HC now.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2014 at 1:55pm
Usually your schedule is the toughest when you have the least talent in the league.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2014 at 2:32pm

Oakland raiders reportedly have the toughest schedule next year. Start looking for a new HC now.

It's relatively toughest because every team they play is better than them..LOL

It's the NFL's attempt to make ppl watch the Raiders games. If all of the bad teams are playing bad teams, nobody's going to watch. But if you put a bad team against a good team, people will at least watch the good teams play.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2014 at 8:11am
Raider fans can stay on the Seahawks bandwagon.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2014 at 6:36am
So Manziel says he won't throw at the combine for what ever BS reason. And he dares the Texans to pass on him. I think they should cuz he seems to have maturity issues. Playing at Cleveland or Jackson should humble him some. They passed on home town kid Vince Young.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2014 at 8:05am
that screams...Dont draft me.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2014 at 2:37pm
It's probably a "smart move" in that his reputation as a passer right now can't get any higher, so he can only go down.  If I were the texan's, I would pass on him.  They need a more reliable QB, and not the hotshot "best QB available" who happened to lose 4 games in each of the past two years, and somehow people assume he can lift a bad team to greatness.  Texan's need a strong base who will get stronger every year, where as Cleveland or Jacksonville are better teams to take a stab on Manziel, have him fill the seats and get the base excited, then maybe he'll do something because the offenses are atrocious.  I personally think he is right for cleveland.  Hopefully, Jacksonville or a tradeup doesn't ruin cleveland's chances to pick him
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2014 at 5:08pm
If the Texans do draft a QB, i hope they go with Bridgewater.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2014 at 6:18pm
Boldin and the Niners in contract negotiations. Hope we don't over pay.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2014 at 8:42am
You gotta want him though.  3 different strong receivers with 3 different skills sets.  That would be great, if they stay healthy.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2014 at 4:33pm
Kaepernik has accuracy issues. Both Boldin and Crabtree have amazing hands and bail Kaepernik out.
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2014 at 12:28pm
^+1
Hurts me to say this but Kaep doesn't have half the touch that Russel Wilson can put on the ball. But Kaep is more powerful.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 13 Union Rosa
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2014 at 12:54pm
They need to retain Boldin so they'll have 2 receivers on the outside in addition to Vernon Davis from the TE position. Spread the field out so they can establish the run game with Gore and Kaepernick. SF and Seattle are not that far apart, they were only 1 score away from winning or losing in the NFC game. Some might argue that they were only a ref's call away... So, SF shouldn't panic, but should just try to keep their team together as much as possible. But, they need to work on limiting their turnovers...
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2014 at 5:24pm
I think the Niners need a WR that can stretch the field, upgrades in the secondary, a backup QB, O line depth. Not in that order.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2014 at 8:58am
Two days till the combine. Time to make your $$$ in the 40 yard dash.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2014 at 2:09pm
The most important sprint of your life...unless you got into some shit when you were younger.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2014 at 2:10pm

I think the Niners need a WR that can stretch the field, upgrades in the secondary, a backup QB, O line depth. Not in that order.

Isn't crabtree supposed to be the WR who can stretch the field?  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2014 at 3:32pm

Isn't crabtree supposed to be the WR who can stretch the field?  

Nope. Great hands, runs good routs, but only average speed.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2014 at 7:48am
Bucs got a new helmet.It'll take some getting used to.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2014 at 6:28am
Hot new rumor. Jim Harbaugh to the Browns??? Please let that only be a rumor. Instead of facing Carroll. Twice a year he'd possibly face his brother. Don't do it Niners!!!
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2014 at 10:34am
^wat??? No Harbaugh, don't go. C'mon, niners need him, hack Kaep needs him. Kaep is only taking 1 million in pay for the season, and niners still don't have enough money to keep Harbaugh.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 13 Union Rosa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 41>