0 Staff | 21 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 407,859 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 3738394041>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Apr/30/2014 at 3:17am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I am a big sammy watkins guy.  But I don't think Manziel is going to drop to their second round pick.  I am still saying the Browns aren't going to pass for them.  After seeing the Rams schedule, I think they should trade those 1st round picks, and clean up in next year's draft, because they aren't doing anything with this year's schedule.

Maybe they plug in Robinson to help Stacy some more in the ground game and grab a WR with their next pick. They need to stay on the offense with their early picks to try get some productivity against those killer D's in their division
zombie86 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote zombie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2014 at 7:45am
My prediction:

1. Texans - Clowney
2. Rams - Greg Robinson
3. Jags - Johnny
4. Browns - Sammy Watkins
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by zombie86

My prediction:

1. Texans - Clowney
2. Rams - Greg Robinson
3. Jags - Johnny

Wait. He's referred to as Johnny? As in "here's Johnny" from the shining? ESPN is gonna go nuts over that.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Originally posted by zombie86

My prediction:

1. Texans - Clowney
2. Rams - Greg Robinson
3. Jags - Johnny

Wait. He's referred to as Johnny? As in "here's Johnny" from the shining? ESPN is gonna go nuts over that.

You can't be that stupid, can you?  Have you ever heard anyone call him anything other than Johnny Manziel or Johnny football?  No one calls him John or Johnathan Manziel.  Still posting the useless stuff for your 5/day I see.
zombie86 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote zombie86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2014 at 5:56am
yep, Johnny is short for Johnny Football or Johnny Manziel. Duh.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2014 at 6:25am
Originally posted by 360faceplant

You can't be that stupid, can you?  Have you ever heard anyone call him anything other than Johnny Manziel or Johnny football?  No one calls him John or Johnathan Manziel.  Still posting the useless stuff for your 5/day I see.
[/QUOTE]

Harsh but true, solo is working towards the 10,000 point plateau and hasn't missed a 5 posting day yet.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2014 at 10:05am
I think the Texans will trade down and pick a QB. They need one badly, but don't need to use a #1 pick for QB.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 7:42am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I am a big sammy watkins guy.  But I don't think Manziel is going to drop to their second round pick.  I am still saying the Browns aren't going to pass for them.  After seeing the Rams schedule, I think they should trade those 1st round picks, and clean up in next year's draft, because they aren't doing anything with this year's schedule.

In complete disagreement.  The Rams are the youngest team in the NFL with one of the best defenses in the league. They do not need to get younger and get more picks. They need top flight talent and their first pick in the draft offers them that in either Robinson or Watkins.  Maybe trade down the 1st round pick at 13th if they do not like the value to get the player they want later in the 1st anyways... that is my view anyways.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 5:33pm
Niners keeping Aldon Smith. Picked up his 5th year option. Now only if he could stay out of trouble.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2014 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by lightning80

I think the Texans will trade down and pick a QB. They need one badly, but don't need to use a #1 pick for QB.
cant imagine them passing on Clowney...I could see them taking Clowney and Bridgewater with fist pick in round 2
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2014 at 3:46pm

Niners keeping Aldon Smith. Picked up his 5th year option. Now only if he could stay out of trouble.

The team needs to employ a psychiatrist to assist Mr. Smith in staying out of trouble.

As far as Texas picking Clowney, that's going to be a tough call since they really need a QB and Bridgewater seems to have all the tools to become an NFL QB. 
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2014 at 8:49pm
They are not taking Bridgewater first if that is what you mean...he might still be available for first pick in round two...maybe they trade up from round 2 to get him late second...
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2014 at 6:12am
Some mock drafts have Mack going 1st overall.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2014 at 8:05pm
^ I hope that happens...gives Rams tons of leverage at 2!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2014 at 10:24am
I hope the Cowboys get some quality receivers to play opposite Dez Bryant. But, D-line first!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by shwazy

They are not taking Bridgewater first if that is what you mean...he might still be available for first pick in round two...maybe they trade up from round 2 to get him late second...

Bridgewater available in Round 2?  I didn't realize his stock was that low, I thought he was projected to be one of the top QB picks.  A couple of mock drafts have him going to the Jaguars with the 29th pick.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2014 at 2:54pm
Yeah, I don't see Bridgewater being available in the 2nd round. Teams that have an aging franchise QB in place should take a flyer on Derek Carr (David Carr's younger brother) from Fresno State. Have him learn a couple years, and unleash him to be your QB of  the future.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2014 at 5:37pm

Yeah, I don't see Bridgewater being available in the 2nd round. Teams that have an aging franchise QB in place should take a flyer on Derek Carr (David Carr's younger brother) from Fresno State. Have him learn a couple years, and unleash him to be your QB of  the future.

Assuming no trades, it wouldn't surprise me if he backed up Palmer in AZ.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 7:25am
Draft day finally here. Hours away from the commissioner reading a bunch of names.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 8:12am

Draft day finally here. Hours away from the commissioner reading a bunch of names.

And a bunch of names getting rich.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 11:56am
Really hoping the Bills make a nice pick tonight. A lot of talk about trading up but I don't want to see them give up several future first and second rounders for any of these guys.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 5:39pm
Woooah. Jacksonville shocked the world. Bortles @ #3!?
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 5:51pm
Yeah wasn't expecting that.  Love the Rams pick of Robinson.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 6:20pm
Wake me up when Denver gets to pick...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 9:13pm
Wow, only the Bills would trade up for a receiver when they don't even have a QB. They gave up a lot for this guy. Hope he pans out for them.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Von44

Wow, only the Bills would trade up for a receiver when they don't even have a QB. They gave up a lot for this guy. Hope he pans out for them.

Don't they have EJ Manuel?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 9:55am
I like the Sammy Watkins pick, but they traded away way too much to get him.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Von44

Don't they have EJ Manuel?

Starting for Buffalo isn't exactly saying much. He couldn't even get a full season under his belt. Had too much of an up and down season. I'll believe in him if he shows more consistency.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 4:20pm
Stevie Johnson traded to the Niners. I still think that the Niners need to get faster.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 4:35pm
Cowboys traded up to get a OLB! Time to strengthen that defense!

I like the Raiders picking Derek Carr. He's the QB of the future.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2014 at 7:45pm
Niners draft a RB? I guess lattimore isn't healing well. Or maybe James is probably trade bait?
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 9:52am
Niners finally get some speed. Ellington in the 4th round
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 10:43am
Rams killing it in the draft again...that D-line was already maybe the best in football and now they get the most dominant d-tackle in the draft with their second first round pick...look out...

Liking their 2nd and 3rd picks as well...

The nfc west just got more brutal... I would have the Rams as the favorite to win the east, and probably 2nd behind greenbay in central, and win the south,    and they may finish 3rd or 4th in the west.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 9:54pm

Rams killing it in the draft again...that D-line was already maybe the best in football and now they get the most dominant d-tackle in the draft with their second first round pick...look out...
Liking their 2nd and 3rd picks as well...
The nfc west just got more brutal... I would have the Rams as the favorite to win the east, and probably 2nd behind greenbay in central, and win the south,    and they may finish 3rd or 4th in the west.

They got Michael Sam. Good luck with that media circus.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 4:30am
^ it will be a story for a little while and then it will just be another player trying to make the team.  Then a story again if he makes the team or not...after that just another player trying to help his team.

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 5:03am
Surprised the Niners didn't draft a QB to backup Kaepernik. I think he's the only QB on the roster right now.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 1:51pm
My mistake,I forgot they signed gabbert and now I hear they signed some rookie FA.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2014 at 5:31am
Josh Johnson back as a Niner QB. Hope he beats out gabbert for backup QB.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2014 at 2:41pm
As a Buffalo Bills fan I gotta say, I absolutely love the aggressiveness of management in this offseason. Trading up to draft Watkins was a huge move and I think it will definitely be worth giving up next year's first rounder. The team is looking solid and EJ Manuel is surrounded by talent now
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2014 at 4:03pm
Cowboys released 6 veteran players, and signed 24 undrafted free agents, plus their 9 draft picks. That's 33 rookies! Yup..most will get cut...
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2014 at 4:55pm

Cowboys released 6 veteran players, and signed 24 undrafted free agents, plus their 9 draft picks. That's 33 rookies! Yup..most will get cut...

And they'll be 8-8
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2014 at 11:27pm
Solid prediction.

Sams nixes the documentary...smart move.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2014 at 5:17am

Solid prediction.
Sams nixes the documentary...smart move.

It's only postponed so he can concentrate on football.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2014 at 5:49am
Love that the Raiders got Mack at 5 and then Carr in the second. Hopefully he sits until at least the second half of the season then if (when) we're out of playoff contention he gets some meaningful time under his belt
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2014 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Love that the Raiders got Mack at 5 and then Carr in the second. Hopefully he sits until at least the second half of the season then if (when) we're out of playoff contention he gets some meaningful time under his belt

Mack, I think will do good, Carr on the other hand probably won't. not sure what what it is about him, I just have my doubts.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2014 at 7:08pm
I think all the QBs are a wait and see proposition.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2014 at 7:16am
OTAs are end of May. Till then, football news will most likely be slow. Unless another Niner gets arrested.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2014 at 8:49am
^ one can only dreamWink
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2014 at 10:11pm

OTAs are end of May. Till then, football news will most likely be slow. Unless another Niner gets arrested.

The sad thing is someone in the league will most likely be arrested before the start of the season. A lot of substance violations too. Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon cases didn't surprise me but the Robert Mathis suspension was a real shocker to me. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 10:10am
The Robert Mathis case is a little different. It appears that he made an honest mistake. Well..at least I buy his story...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041>