3 Staff | 25 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 386,617 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 34567 38>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jstgermain View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Online
  Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 5:39am
Schedules are out, glad to see 4 prime time games for the bears but no bay area games as expected...saw that Peyton gets to play his brother as well...week 2.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 8:01am
^Yea, the Manning game should be good.
Think Giants has 5 televised games.
Cant wait till football starts....shiet....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 10:07am
Birds open up Monday night against the Skins... I haven't been following RGIII's recovery, but I am sure the NFL is hoping he is back. 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2013 at 4:34am
Revis to take a physical for the bucs. My uneducated guess is he'll be traded either before or during the draft.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2013 at 3:16pm
Yup, its official, Revis now a buc
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2013 at 3:18pm
An "insider" is saying Revis's closing speed is 4 steps lower than it used to be and now he has average speed. Hope the Bucs didn't get hoodwinked on that deal.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2013 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by diviesti

An "insider" is saying Revis's closing speed is 4 steps lower than it used to be and now he has average speed. Hope the Bucs didn't get hoodwinked on that deal.

Finally something to talk about in football. Hopefully he's back to his usual self because it's always good to watch the top flight players
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 11:12am
Rolando McClain arrested again this time in his hometown of Decatur, AL...what a f---ing guy.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 12:00pm
I don't understand why ppl are slamming the jets. They did pretty well in the deal. Without Revis, they finished the season as the number 2 pass defense in yards. They won't miss him as much as you think. They aren't draining their cap to a non-qb contract. They got a first and third rounder. They gave up a player coming back from surgery.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 12:19pm
The jets also shored up a bunch of compensatory picks and maybe a third or fourth rounder in 2014 (from revis trade). It looks like their set to rebuild their roster. They also wont have revis count against their salary cap in 2014. This could mean a big fa splash as well.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 2:51pm
The Jets really need to figure out what the hell there going to do at QB, Tebow is too much of a distraction to really have no plans for him. Either trade his ass or turn him into the starting QB because the media circus he brings isn't worth keeping him a punt protector.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 3:12pm
I honestly don't think there are many if any teams that would be willing to give up anything for Tebow.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 12:23am
Tebow gone and Sanchez gone. The Jets need to start again at QB Sanchez is horrible!! They could go after Geno, maybe move up by trading their two firsts for a high first and a high second. Or sit and wait surely they won't go after Barkeley.

Eric Decker and his mrs having a reality show together, why do people do this to themselves? Dead
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 11:16am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Eric Decker and his mrs having a reality show together, why do people do this to themselves? Dead

Ya I thought the same thing when I heard about it. I'm sure its more his old lady then him, she probably has visions of it making her even more rich and famous. The only logical explanation, because who doesn't want to be a Kardashian!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 3:32pm
Jags new uniform looks more like arena football uniforms. Okay looking I guess.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 1:07pm
NFL draft tomorrow. It's about frickin time.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by solocreep

another draft..another chance for jerry jones to screw up...Ouch
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by lightning80

another draft..another chance for jerry jones to screw up...Ouch

I really want the giants to go OL in the first round this year, Cooper, Fluker, or Warmack (in that order).  The fact that the cowboys are right in front of them and also need OL worries me.  But if Jerry could go and do something stupid again with one of those guys sitting there, that'd be fantastic.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 12:54am
Hours until the draft!! I really hope someone in the top two doesn't draft Fisher or Joeckel and someone trades up to grab them at no.3 and the raiders get some extra picks
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 3:05am
Heard on the radio this morning that this could be the first draft since the AFC and NFC merged where a RB will not be picked in the first round.

Broncos picking 28th...
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 4:44am
I have a feeling who ever the bills draft, is gonna be a bust
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 5:27am
Originally posted by sideways99

Heard on the radio this morning that this could be the first draft since the AFC and NFC merged where a RB will not be picked in the first round.

Broncos picking 28th...

There shouldn't be a QB drafted in the first round either.  My bet though is that someone trades back into the first round toward the end and grabs one.

Hopefully someone takes one early and causes a panic and a few go in the top 19.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 5:34am
I've got to believe that at least one qb will be taken in the 1st. Especially since you get an extra year on their contract. Some people are saying the chiefs are going to take fisher now. I'd be worried chief fans Andy always tries to outsmart the league and it rarely works.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 5:49am
Online "expert" mock drafts are great... love reading them.  Many are saying this is going to be the un-sexiest draft ever.

According to some of the mock drafts Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib should go in the first round.  West Virginia QB Geno Smith is being projected as a (late) first rounder, too.   

How is an OT from a MAC school (Central Michigan) being projected as the #1 pick?  Mind blowing.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:15am
Im hoping for geno smith to go early as well. That may potentially free up an off lineman to fall further.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 7:51am

i like geno smith..great speed..big arm..just a little accuracy issue to work on...if he's still on the board when the cowboys are on the clock..i hope they take him...and make tony romo fight for his job..

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:13am
I hope they take him as well.  Leave the OL for the giants.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:15am

i like geno smith..great speed..big arm..just a little accuracy issue to work on...if he's still on the board when the cowboys are on the clock..i hope they take him...and make tony romo fight for his job..

Doubt that'll happen. Didn't he just sign a fat extension? They might go for a backup in the later rounds, but I highly doubt in the 1st round.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:41am
Originally posted by chenmt

I don't understand why ppl are slamming the jets. They did pretty well in the deal. Without Revis, they finished the season as the number 2 pass defense in yards. They won't miss him as much as you think. They aren't draining their cap to a non-qb contract. They got a first and third rounder. They gave up a player coming back from surgery.

Get ready for more slamming of the Jets after the draft.  They don't use their picks well, so that makes it feel like throwing away a player.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 9:15am

No chance the Cowboys are taking Geno Smith with their 1st Round pick.  They just gave Romo a huge extension.  
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 9:16am

Jones LOVES Romo, and said with the extension that he is their guy.  And there are good reasons for that.  They just need a full team/coaching staff to help them get to and win playoff games.  I don't think that would be a good use of the draft pick because (a) Romo is a proven, good quarterback and Smith is just potentially that, right now and (b) I don't think this competition would make Romo better - it would be an unnecessary distraction.  O or D line is the way to go.  Possibly someone for the secondary if the right pick is available.

solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 10:04am
Raiders getting a lot of interest for the #3 pick...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 10:20am
Romo is a proven good QB. Agreed, but only when the game is not on the line or when it's not a must-win game. He puts up great numbers in the regular season. But, in the 4th quarters and near the end of the season when wins matter, he plays his worst. He's had enough years to improve on that and hasn't done it. It's time for a new QB to lead the team. The extension Jerry gave him was a huge mistake, in my opinion...
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 10:54am
They're butt  buddies, he can't quit him now.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 3:33pm

There it is... Miami must have thought the Eagles were going to take Jordan with the 4th pick (and the Chip Kelly / Oregon ties).  Raiders get to recoup some of the picks lost for the terrible Palmer trade.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Geez

There it is... Miami must have thought the Eagles were going to take Jordan with the 4th pick (and the Chip Kelly / Oregon ties).  Raiders get to recoup some of the picks lost for the terrible Palmer trade.

Great result!! Hopefully Sharrif slides to us at 12
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 4:39pm
Corner D.J Hayden, a great story and great reports about him. Hopefully he can still be the player he was and he'll add to our defensive backs early on in the year
LarsGenius View Drop Down
Local
Local
Light It Up

Quote LarsGenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 5:06pm
i worship football because that's what everybody else is doing. right?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:28pm
Well I wanted an OL... but I can't say I'm excited about their pick.

Edit: Somehow, someway, the Cowboys managed to do worse, although they did get that extra pick.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:53pm
LOL, what did I say about the bills? Super reach on a QB.

And on a good note, I like Reid to the Niners.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:56pm
supposedly theres ton of upside on the bills qb choice, but espn is already giving them a draft grade of F. 
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:42pm
Unfortunately for Buffalo, this is the reason why they haven't won anything this century.  Manual was there at 16, and he would have been there much later.  If they really had to have him, they could have kept trading down and gotten more picks.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 3:37am
Vikings with 3 picks yesterday. Hope they could afford them.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 5:30am
Well they only traded up for the third one. One was their own and another was for the harvin trade to the seahawks. I think theyre really pushing to strengthen the team. AP doesnt have a ton of years left.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Geez

Unfortunately for Buffalo, this is the reason why they haven't won anything this century.  Manual was there at 16, and he would have been there much later.  If they really had to have him, they could have kept trading down and gotten more picks.  

This is true.  I see the choice in QB as a gamble anyway, but if this is the QB they wanted, they could have never traded in the first place and could have received a pick, and Manual could have been available in the 2nd round.  Very strange.  
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 7:24am
Also, I am officially wrong about Manti Te'o being drafted in the first round.  But come on, only 2 linebackers picked in the first round.  That surprised me.  We'll see what happens today.

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 7:42am
Hoping the giants pick up either a CB (Banks, Slay, Taylor), DE (Carradine, maybe Hunt if they think his age doesn't matter), LB (Brown, Minter, maybe Te'o but I'd rather not deal with it), or if none of them are available maybe a S or another OL in the second.

One of the same positions in the third, think there could be some pretty good CBs available there, Kevin Reddick at LB in the third or fourth, or another OL.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Sintexo

Edit: Somehow, someway, the Cowboys managed to do worse, although they did get that extra pick.

cowboys better make a splash with the extra pick they got...because they wasted that 1st round pick on a guy that probably would still be on the board in the 3rd round Dead
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 8:58am

cowboys better make a splash with the extra pick they got...because they wasted that 1st round pick on a guy that probably would still be on the board in the 3rd round Dead

At least they traded with the Niners to get him. They could have picked him at 18(I think)
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 9:18am

I read somewhere that the cowboys might actually have been targeting Pugh in that trade down, to pick him at a pick that people felt fit him more, but then the Giants ruined that on the next pick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 38>