1 Staff | 16 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 395,957 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 45678 41>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Ready For Some FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 9:22am
^ Cowboys should have kept their pick and took Reid, the safetey that the Niners picked. Or, gotten one of two linemen that were taken in the 2 picks after them.

I'm ok with trading down to get an extra pick. But they could have taken someone else with a higher value in the 1st round (like a safety, which they need), then still pick up Travis Fredrick in the 2nd round, because he'll still be on the board...

The Joneses need to stop making football decisions and leave that to the coaches or a real GM...their picks after Jimmy Johnson left (the last coach that made picks in Dallas) have been crap Angry
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 10:32am
Even with the trade, they still could've gotten the safety, Elam.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 11:15am
I actually like the idea of trading down for them.  But they had no need to select Frederick this round.  He would have still be available anywhere in the 2nd round.
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 12:00pm
Really wanted Manti or Eifert but I won't complain about improving the Bears subpar O line...Kyle Long was a surprise though.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by jstgermain

Really wanted Manti or Eifert but I won't complain about improving the Bears subpar O line...Kyle Long was a surprise though.

Yea, both the bears and Giants didn't seem very happy with the early run on O-Lineman.  I bet Manti will still be there when we both pick in the second.  I'm honestly hoping the Giants stay away and get another LB prospect, or one of the other guys I listed earlier.
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 3:45pm
All Hail Harbaalke! They are absolutely crushing it this draft....as usual.

Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis. I have absolutely NO clue what those first two picks were about...
Cowboys forums are blowing up haha
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 3:42am
Yeah, Niners still got a bunch of picks. No way 11 rookies make thus team. I'm expecting them to trade up again.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2013 at 10:05am
Ooh, Lattimore to the Niners. Let him rest and recover for a yeat, then BOOM!!! Ground n pound all day.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 12:29am
Originally posted by solocreep

Ooh, Lattimore to the Niners. Let him rest and recover for a yeat, then BOOM!!! Ground n pound all day.

He thinks he will be able to contribute this year doesn't he? Sitting for the niners will give him a great situation to go to and make sure he's completely ready when he returns
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 5:49am
Woah, Niners also pick up Lawrence Okoye. British physical freak. I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact they play in London this year.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 10:07am
The Matt Barkley pick for the Eagles is intriguing... I watched Foles last year, and he is just not that good.  Vick won't be around after next year.  And you have to believe Chip Kelly knows Barkley well enough from playing against him in the Pac-10 (Pac-12?).  
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 10:12am
Chargers picked up Manti so hopefully he focuses on playing and doesn't drag anymore of his fake gf around with him.  LOL  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 10:59am
Manti is just more problems for the Chargers. After seeing the espn guys rate the Bear's draft picks as a C, I'm not too stoked about this draft season :-(
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Manti is just more problems for the Chargers. After seeing the espn guys rate the Bear's draft picks as a C, I'm not too stoked about this draft season :-(

If its any consolation grading a draft right after its happened is stupid. Its like having a teacher grade you on a test before you take it based on they feel you 'll do. A draft class needs 3-4 years before they can be graded. There has been tons of teams that have received great draft grades right after the draft to have the marquee players cut a year or two later. 
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 3:38am
TEBOW TIME?!?!?!

Is this the end of his career? After the mess created in New York only a team ridiculously desperate would come calling. You couldn't possible have Tebow on the roster and not start him because of the circus that follows 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 3:43am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

TEBOW TIME?!?!?!
Is this the end of his career? After the mess created in New York only a team ridiculously desperate would come calling. You couldn't possible have Tebow on the roster and not start him because of the circus that follows 

Someone will pick him up. More likely for ticket/jersey sales.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 4:39am
^ You're probably right that someone would pick him up, but who?  Every team has tried to address their QB situation in FA or the draft.  Plus, bringing him in creates a circus.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 5:17am
i think it would be fun if chip kelly brings him into the eagles with a 6 man competition!
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 6:09am
Cowherd was saying he should go play in the CFL for awhile and build his stock back up.  Can't remember exactly what he referred to him as but it had me laughing pretty good this morning on the way to work.
MOAR powderz plz!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by MTpow

Cowherd was saying he should go play in the CFL for awhile and build his stock back up.  Can't remember exactly what he referred to him as but it had me laughing pretty good this morning on the way to work.

by the time he builds up his stock, he'll be old. Jim Harbaugh likes moveable chess pieces but I doubt he's headed to the Niners.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 11:28am

Originally posted by MTpow

by the time he builds up his stock, he'll be old. Jim Harbaugh likes moveable chess pieces but I doubt he's headed to the Niners.

2 or 3 years in canada would hardly make him old, he'd be 28/29.  Dude needs to learn how to throw the ball.. period.  Maybe our friends north of the border could help him out...
MOAR powderz plz!
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 11:59am
Ya I'm thinking the CFL would be the best for ole Teebs too. I would be surprised if he lets his pride/ego take him to Canada, but the chances of another team bringing him in to compete as a QB is looking pretty slim. 
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Geez

^ You're probably right that someone would pick him up, but who?  Every team has tried to address their QB situation in FA or the draft.  Plus, bringing him in creates a circus.

Maybe some people like the media circus because people would be talking about them or maybe to get people talking about Tebow and not about their other dirty laundry.  LOL  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 2:07am
He'll go play in Canada and that'll be it. I can't envision him becoming anything again in the NFL. He might benefit from the new offensive schemes starting to come in these days but he still has that shocking throwing motion! 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 3:41am
He'd probably be a better back up RB and special teams player. Not sure he wants to give to on the QB thing tho.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 9:17am
But if Tim Tebow goes to Canada, will ESPN still have a day long celebration for his birthday?  What will Skip Bayless talk about?  How will ESPN fill up 24 hours of programming on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, and ESPN.com if they don't talk about Tebow?
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 10:00am
^So true.  I think Canada is the answer.  It will get him playing, and in games we don't care about, so there won't be any updates on his performance or talk of what is next for him.  This story will finally die.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 3:03am
ESPNCANADA?? Hopefully doesn't exist already or I'll look stupid haha.

New stadium plans to have impact seating? It'd be like the rumble pack you used to plug into the N64 controllers
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 4:50am
Im surprised to see power rankings putting seattle at number 1. I think the niners should be held higher. Is everyone jumping on the wilson bandwagon?
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 5:23am
Originally posted by sdwc96

Im surprised to see power rankings putting seattle at number 1. I think the niners should be held higher. Is everyone jumping on the wilson bandwagon?

Vegas has the Niners as the best odds to win the superbowl. Everyone has their own opinion.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 8:45am
Justin Blackmon needs to get his head examined.  Jax has all sorts of out-clauses if he ever violated the substance abuse policy... His money is no longer guaranteed if they want to cut him. 
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 8:51am

Power Rankings don't mean shit. 

I know some Seacock fans that don't believe they should be ranked that high until they can prove they can win consistently on the road...which I agree with.

IMO, they are going to regress a bit, just due to the fact that their schedule now is much harder than last year's, and they now have a target on their backs where teams will get up to play them.

Clink definitely helps them though..
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

Power Rankings don't mean shit. 
I know some Seacock fans that don't believe they should be ranked that high until they can prove they can win consistently on the road...which I agree with.
IMO, they are going to regress a bit, just due to the fact that their schedule now is much harder than last year's, and they now have a target on their backs where teams will get up to play them.
Clink definitely helps them though..

Plus there's more game film on guys like Wilson and Kaepernick. I have a feeling they'll both regress this upcoming season
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 11:29am

Vegas has the Niners as the best odds to win the superbowl. Everyone has their own opinion.

And I'll put more faith in Vegas than ESPN.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

I'd drop the Seahawks behind 9ers, Broncos, Patriots, and Packers. 

Grabbing Jesse Williams in the 5th is great value I hope he can have an impact so Aussies have someone to cheer for that's not a punter
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 4:49am
Raiders not interested in vince young anymore. This guys stock fell off hard. Sorry to say, but he wasted his talent.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 5:25am

I'd drop the Seahawks behind 9ers, Broncos, Patriots, and Packers. 

Grabbing Jesse Williams in the 5th is great value I hope he can have an impact so Aussies have someone to cheer for that's not a punter

Let's not forget about Atlanta either.  NFC is going to be tough to pick next year.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 5:44am
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 5:47am
Sorry for all the posts.  Story after story I find interesting on ESPN.  

The 49ers signed a player who has NEVER PLAYED FOOTBALL, and plan on training him to play:

Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 5:53am

^So true.  I think Canada is the answer.  It will get him playing, and in games we don't care about, so there won't be any updates on his performance or talk of what is next for him.  This story will finally die.

Maybe this isn't as viable as I thought.  Looks like Warren Moon made comments on Wednesday that he isn't a good enough passer for the CFL even.  But then again, that could be Warren Moon hopping on the "Tebow's worthless" bandwagon and overstating something.  

Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 8:04am

Sorry for all the posts.  Story after story I find interesting on ESPN.  

The 49ers signed a player who has NEVER PLAYED FOOTBALL, and plan on training him to play:

So what?

They signed him as an UDFA. Have you seen him? He is a physical freak. He's essentially fighting for a spot on the practice squad this season. If he pans out, great, if not, it's not a huge deal.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 8:10am
^ Sounds like Harbaugh has a man-crush on Okoye, if he doesn't pan out as a football player he can always be Harbaugh's pool boy:

"An Adonis, a great physical specimen of a man. ... Our creator created a beautiful man," Harbaugh said of Okoye on Saturday, according to the Sacramento Bee.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 11:09am
the guy is 300 lbs and runs a 4.8?!?
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 12:29pm

Maybe this isn't as viable as I thought.  Looks like Warren Moon made comments on Wednesday that he isn't a good enough passer for the CFL even.  But then again, that could be Warren Moon hopping on the "Tebow's worthless" bandwagon and overstating something.  

quoting yourself..and 4 posts in a row...why can't you just put all of them in 1 post? there's a feature called "edit" that you can go back and add things to things that you missed..there's no need for all the new posts...
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by lightning80

quoting yourself..and 4 posts in a row...why can't you just put all of them in 1 post? there's a feature called "edit" that you can go back and add things to things that you missed..there's no need for all the new posts...

Cause then he'll only get one point.  Duh.
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 11:51pm
London Fletcher coming in the 80's of the top 100 players, surely by now this guy deserves some respect??? Ridiculously durable, great player and leader who has been underrated his entire career
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 3:50am

London Fletcher coming in the 80's of the top 100 players, surely by now this guy deserves some respect??? Ridiculously durable, great player and leader who has been underrated his entire career

Rankings don't mean much in the NFL. Kaepernick is ranked 81st. Which means what? Rankings don't equal wins.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 4:31am
That and its difficult to gauge players due to thier different positions. Different skills are required and that top 100 list is really just something to generate conversation. A top 50 of de's, lb's, or secondary players might hold more merit in my eyes.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 5:25am
It's like the draft. This player is ranked higher than that player. But how many 1st round busts are there? Players drafted in the 4th round sometimes have better careers than players drafted in the 1st. Rankings are just meant to stir up conversation and controversy.
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 6:38am
Originally posted by lightning80

Actually, I did not know that.  And I agree 4 in a row is a lot, but I was on the forum while digesting these articles and I thought they were appropriate separate topics.  Thank goodness I didn't make a new thread on any of them.  I would have gotten destroyed!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 41>