End of Your Season Yet-

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 4>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ameration View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ameration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of Your Season Yet-
    Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 9:42am
Another end to a good season has arrived. I used to look forward to spring, now it is just depressing.
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 9:59am
Season is not over yet.
Drive up to NH or VT.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 10:22am
Nope, not yet. Looking forward to a few more storms
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 10:23am
the slush i rode on yesterday at northstart felt like the beginning of the end of the season..but another storm is supposed to come through next week...so, hopefully, it'll last a little longer..
DiRtDeViL View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote DiRtDeViL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 10:30am
We rode slushy conditions last weekend so I guess that the season is almost over but there's some snow on the forecast so we'll see, the time to take the bikes out is getting closer.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 12:49pm
It sucks that it sounds like your home mountain is closing. However, you can take this as an opportunity to take a boarding trip someplace you would like to visit, with lots of snow.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
ameration View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ameration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 1:19pm
My home place closed last weekend! I think Im going ou tomorrow, just a bit of a drive before and after though.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 1:46pm
This season is worse than last year, I have only hit up the local mountain just once and it was ice.  Cry
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 2:01pm
I've had 9 days on the slopes this season. I need 1 more to match last year's. I should be able to get in a few more days of slush...
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 2:27pm
Season is far from over man! Still got plenty of days left in Denver!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 4:37pm
My season is just beginning. Love spring riding!
I break balls.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

This season is worse than last year, I have only hit up the local mountain just once and it was ice.

I have to agree with you with our local resort..I'm assuming you went to high? the last storm was a let down ,I went the very next day for night sesh and it was ice all over the hill,such a late start in the season now the weather is all fu*ked again for March.I hope they stay open til late April I'm digging the slush.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 6:55pm
toronto is pretty much done if you ask me
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by lightning80

the slush i rode on yesterday at northstart felt like the beginning of the end of the season..but another storm is supposed to come through next week...so, hopefully, it'll last a little longer..

I've been checkin up on the GFS to watch that storm and following www.opensnow.com/tahoe....looks like it's still on track for next WED....here's hoping.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2013 at 10:21pm
blower pow the last couple days here.  chairs stop spinning second weekend of april as is standard, but there will be snow to ride through may.  hopefully I'm not lazy as usual, and actually get out regularly on the split while the snow sticks around.
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 1:43am
The season here is just beginning woop woop! :D (New Zealand)
I hear the seasons close to an end in Korea too (went boarded there once this Jan, snow was good)
Ive read that there are quite a few mountains that stay open through Apr-May in the States...
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 5:07am
I will be going to Mammoth/Tahoe next week I think that will be the end of my season, Unless I get and Itch to ride again.  Then I will just drive to Mammoth, I have till the end of May weather permitting or July.. Went to Mammoth Jan, Utah feb.. and bear just about every sunday.. so season is good..
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 5:09am
Damn all you people and your snow!!!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
dpboarder98 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 7:52am
My mountain in North Carolina still surprisingly has all of the mountain open. Its been super slushy and its been pretty warm out so I figure we don't have a whole lot of the season left.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 7:55am
Mountain High is open still... but since I have a Mammoth pass and my buddy has a cabin... I'll be spending many a weekends in Mammy. 
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 8:15am
Bear mountain still has snow. They have events scheduled at the end of march too so it should be open until then. Traditionally its been early april. But with the heat lately it feels like the end is near.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by bootleg

I have to agree with you with our local resort..I'm assuming you went to high? the last storm was a let down ,I went the very next day for night sesh and it was ice all over the hill,such a late start in the season now the weather is all fu*ked again for March.I hope they stay open til late April I'm digging the slush.

Nope, went to Bear.  Summit was a little better that day.  
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 10:11am
northstar was brutal yesterday.  hoping it'll last another month, these storms keep fizzling out
-zakk

2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 10:22am
Sierra was also horrible yesterday. Ice in the morning and start to slush up about 1. Another storm is on the way. Hope is a good one
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 10:32am
The storm that's coming isn't very much either, very disappointing.  
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 10:44am
It was supposed to hit SoCal and now it's not even coming... 
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 11:01am
Even Mammoth isn't getting much of the storm either.  Anymore storms predicted to hit later in the month or April?
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 1:11pm
I hope it's not the end to my season. I was suppose to go to Mammoth this weekend but family stuff came up (illnesses) so it got cancelled. I hope I go again cuz just 1 more weekend will help me break even with the cost of the annual membership
bubbagooch View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bubbagooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 1:50pm
You guys are making me depressed.  I've been out for a couple of weeks due to an injury and was hoping to get back up this week.  I need to get up this week; I can't end my season on an injury.  
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2013 at 8:04pm
Aaaaaand there goes the storm we were waiting for.....how disappointing. The storm split so there goes that hope. Looks like the fat lady is about to get ready to sing. Glad I didn't get a season pas this year.
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 4:45pm
ill be riding till mid april dude. cannon has had great snow all year long and their base is in good shape. im gonna get at least another 4 days in. hoping for 8.

the closing date right now is somewhere around april 6th... but they want to stay open longer if they can, they even got the guns on, and are expecting a dump later this week... its a shame im on springbreak...
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 6:33pm
I am at Mammoth right now and it is pretty warm, high of 50 tomorrow at the slopes, it's supposed to rain on Wednesday..
nifeblade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote nifeblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2013 at 7:25pm
was recently at Northstar and although the weaather was great (high of 52) the snow was unridable. EIther really mogul-ly or really slushy... eww
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 2:35pm
I'd take slush over ice anyday
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2013 at 2:45pm
slush gives u a nice edge to dig into.. slows u down like a bitch though
ameration View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ameration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by anna.chan18

slush gives u a nice edge to dig into.. slows u down like a bitch though

I think this was a good year. Even though I am pretty sure this season is over for me (unless I go on a trip out West), I managed to get out 14 times.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 10:21am
Looks like Tahoe will get 2-3 inches tomorros...I hope there are some bigger storms coming...
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 10:36am
Just got snow yesterday in NYC....wasn't even expecting it.
Gonna go ride tonight.....which will probably be my last
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 10:48am
Pretty sure Tahoe will get bombed next week.  At least I hope so......

No summer yet!!!!  NEVER!!!Angry
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 10:55am
hoping its not summer yet, but the CA weather is not looking promising!
nifeblade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote nifeblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 11:07am
Done for the season. The snow in Tahoe (and central sierras for that matter) are too slushy
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 11:23am
Heading to Utah tomorrow and thankfully it's gonna snow!  Big smile  After my long weekend in Utah, I'll be hitting up the local resort one more time unless a few massive snow storm comes.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 12:42pm
Heading to Northstar on Thursday. Got a few days off of work, so I'll be around truckee/Reno through Sat. Hope it gets colder and dumps a bit on the slopes.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 5:12pm
I stand corrected. 10 inches just dumped here in Tahoe!
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2013 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Muse25

I stand corrected. 10 inches just dumped here in Tahoe!

Freek'n NICE!!

My local resorts already set a closing date..like mid April. But it's still snowing like every day haha. Sorry spring, it's still winter!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 4:37am
Western NY still has good conditions & some fresh snow.   Heading out today for days 29, 30 & 31     Season record
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 4:49am
My local mountain will be closing on March, 31, I am hoping to get 1 or 2 more days in

Then maybe head north
bwen View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 7:24am
Last day on the mountain for me here at Big White, BC. Sad day Not looking forward to going back to Australian humidity
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 9:28am
I went st patties weekend to bohemia...it was great...they then got 2+feet this week so hopefully I can get two more days up there in the next week...UP is where it's at in the Midwest!
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 11:47am
Not sure when my mountain is going to close just yet. They are only open for day riding now so probably not gonna be open into April. Hopefully gonna be able to head down there for two or three more days in the park.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>