End of Your Season Yet-

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of Your Season Yet-
    Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 1:56pm
My season's done. Don't have enough vaca time to fly out to Colorado unless my friends want to do a weekend trip. I'll be keeping my eyes out on cheap flights for a few weeks, if not, see you next year pow pow.
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 2:24pm
New York is still going strong, Gore got two feet of snow over the last week. Taking next week off with my son. 
rideclaps802 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 2:41pm
Out on my motorcycle last week... Out on 18" of untouched pow today for day 56. spring slush has yet to come Smile
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by rideclaps802

Out on my motorcycle last week... Out on 18" of untouched pow today for day 56. spring slush has yet to comeĀ Smile

Wow day 56? I can't compete with that.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 3:02pm
I'm around Day 45 with more riding scheduled for this weekend.  My goal is to hit at least 60 days before the season ends.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 3:26pm
I would have never thought I'd get this many days in. My goal was 50 at the beginning of the season but my new one is 65-70. hoping its do-able. I just graduated college last semester so ski bummin is my present to myself.
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 4:21pm
With a goal of 60-70 days, Both of you guys must be killing it!
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 7:17pm
Went to sugarbowl today. There weren't much from the last storm and the warm weather coming up is not going to help.
I'm getting close to 30 days. Hope to get few more days in.
Dukester View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dukester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 9:28am
Chestnut Mountain in Illinois closed St Patty's Day but is reopening this weekend through next weekend. I posted in the regional riders board as well but here is what they got set up for the occasion. 20 rail setup on this run as well as a 7 jump line with a 60 footer on the next run over.

screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 9:46am
I'm flying to Reno tomorrow for 3 days of snowboarding at Squaw/Alpine. That'll get me up to 18 days, which is not nearly enough. Hoping to make at least 25 before the snow melts.
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 11:16am
Season ain't over yet!  I got two more Tahoe trips on the books before its over.  I think it will be perfect timing for a few late season storms.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 12:59pm
looks like kirkwood got the bulk of the last storm...
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 1:04pm
this time last season, my local mountains closed. but thanks to a decent base it looks like at least until mid april is what im hearing as their expected closing dates
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 2:03pm
god damned snow it was just teasing me today with a light flurry that didnt even stick. too bad i have to wait till next year though
loowee2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote loowee2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 2:35pm
Not done yet!!! Headed up to Tahoe this weekend. And possibly more storms at the end of march beginning of April!
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by loowee2

Not done yet!!! Headed up to Tahoe this weekend. And possibly more storms at the end of march beginning of April!

Just got done snowboarding at sierra, Wednesday was great 11 inches of snow, Thursday was back to normal, groomed run, a little ice, today was same as Thursday, a bit more ice.. Glad to see more storms are coming, I keep thinking today is going to be my last day, but Mammoth is usually open until end of May, so if I ever get an itch to go snowboarding I will make the drive to Mammoth.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 5:58pm
I thought my season was over and I went Tuesday... but I pretty sure its over now.. Resorts are closing down, night riding is pretty much done
but we'll see i might go next week? maybe don't know yet =p
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

I thought my season was over and I went Tuesday... but I pretty sure its over now.. Resorts are closing down, night riding is pretty much done

heres to praying for april showers fingers crossed
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 3:13pm
Oh crap.  By buddy snowboarded Kirkwood today in shorts.  He said it was hot as hell.  Cry
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 6:13pm
got some good news! my suspicions have been confirmed! my season has been extended! my home mountain is staying open til april 14th! 
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 7:45pm
Most of the Lake Tahoe resorts are open until mid-April. So excited to go snowboarding again during spring break.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 7:58pm
tahoe spring break is pretty epic!
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 8:06pm
i ride while im at school... theres no good mountains at home... and if i wanna ride over break i go back up near the school. i get lift tickets for $7.50 bec of a ski package we have with the mountain.
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by anna.chan18

By the looks of things right now, might do tuesday again this week! boyah!
hahah
now why would I want april showers? what's this crazy talk...
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by anna.chan18

oh boy! our showers have turned to snow!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Dukester

Chestnut Mountain in Illinois closed St Patty's Day but is reopening this weekend through next weekend. I posted in the regional riders board as well but here is what they got set up for the occasion. 20 rail setup on this run as well as a 7 jump line with a 60 footer on the next run over.

What the hell, you have a snowmobile following you?  Shocked

Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2013 at 6:59pm
^ That run is sweeeeet!  If only our Parks were like that here in Ontario... they're about a tenth of that.  

Tomorrow might be my last day of the season. Cry ... unless conditions hold up for another couple weeks.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
exastronaut View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote exastronaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2013 at 8:37pm
Most VT resorts got 2'-3' or more over the past week. There was a big storm on Monday and Tuesday, and then 2"- 6" overnight Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. That's going to help extend the season quite a bit. Jay Peak is reporting over 4' in the last week. They'll be going strong for a while.

I rode at Magic, Sugarbush, and Smuggs last week. 4 days in a row of fantastic conditions. I've had single days that were better, but not a consistent stretch that good. It's warming up, but hopefully we can get at least one more good storm before it's all over.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 10:21am
Easter Sunday will probably be my last day of the season.  Cry
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by AJD13

got some good news! my suspicions have been confirmed! my season has been extended! my home mountain is staying open til april 14th! 
Sweet! Northstar is supposed to close in April, but I hope they can make it till May. Hopefully the snow Gods will smile on both of us.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 11:14am
i feel like its gonna be an early end.. its already super slushy in bear and mammoth will be slushy too since its like 50/60 degrees there now
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 11:45am
^^ its such bullshit that it is colder is alabama than it is there. im sad my season wasnt as long as i wanted.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 11:58am
its warm as hell in socal...too warm for snow but too cold for beach... WTF
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 12:30pm
new england is still going strong. great season. at least compared to the past few years
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 2:43pm
Please please please keep snowing in Tahoe!  They are calling for some dustings all week which will probably melt during the day.  I still don't fully believe the 1-2 foot dump projected for early next week.  But we shall see.....
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:20pm
I think today was the last day....this was the Tuesday I speak of.
great day, great weather.. the sun came out and all was happy.
puddles, puddles started to appear.. makes me really wonder if it'll hold up any longer.
This might be the week for Blue.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:26pm
The only good thing about the season reaching it's conclusion is wearing casual clothing to board! Also I like pond skimming haha. My local mountain at home has their "boxzilla" set up and slowly closing....But my local mtns in CO are still open for a while, i hope!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rideclaps802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 5:24am
killington on the east coast is trying to stay open till June.. we'll see about that though.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by rideclaps802

killington on the east coast is trying to stay open till June.. we'll see about that though.

oh what?? where did you hear that? I might go
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 8:42pm
how many trails will actually be open?
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2013 at 9:27pm
SoCal is still open... Mt high will prob be open until Mid April. 

Mammoth till at least Memorial day!
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 12:30pm
It's looking like it might be the end of my season. Time to break out the paddle board!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 12:49pm
If anybody cares, Snow Valley is closing this Sunday.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 1:58pm
I think tomorrow is going to the last day that I'll be down at Holiday Valley this season. The park should be good enough to take some laps and finish the season strong.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 2:21pm
looks like there's some weather going on up in tahoe over the weekend...hopefully there will be some snow...
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2013 at 4:26pm
The coming system for Tahoe is weak. It might even rain a little too. Hope it stays cold enough.
s2bing View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote s2bing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 7:17am
We're hitting up Blackcomb for an end of season ride tomorrow.  hopefully still good snow - forecast is for a bluebird day. 
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 8:08am
Originally posted by julius77

Originally posted by AJD13

Sweet! Northstar is supposed to close in April, but I hope they can make it till May. Hopefully the snow Gods will smile on both of us.

N* will close in April regardless of snow pack.  For the 30 year winter two years ago they still closed in April despite snow pack to last them to June.  Kirkwood is a good bet to be open into May as they get the most snow in Tahoe region.

Rode N* last weekend through Tuesday.  Had a great time. Yes soft and slushy in the afternoon but still plenty of fun to be had and of course there is the park and pipe to play around in.

Potential for big storm the weekend of the 5th and will be there if it materializes.  Hoping to hit up Kirkwood for it. Supposed to get storm this weekend but amount of liquid might not produce much snow.
markyjas View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote markyjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 11:27am
Yep, broke my upper arm at Copper on vacation 2 weeks ago so I'm done for this year.  Good news is it was the second to last day of the trip.
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2013 at 12:15pm
Speaking of Copper Mtn. Top gear featured Tanner Foust in a Bentley with Benji Farrow going down one of Copper's park in their last episode. It was awesome.

Think NOAA just figured out the last storm for Tahoe. Snow mix with rain. Snow level around 8500ft. Only getting bout a few inches at most. Sucks but better than nothing. It'll probably melt immediately due to warm weather.
O thunderstorms too.

^Shwazy
I agree, N* always closed in April.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>