Non Snowboard Travel Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non Snowboard Travel Thread
    Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 5:24am
Other than going to ski/snowboard resorts for vacation, where do you guys like/want to go when on vacation? 
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 5:40am
Heading out to Cali for my first time this summer. Just want to kick back and chill on the beach and try surfing. Maybe do a little longboarding while I'm there too and see some of the sites.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 5:55am
where in Cali are you going? Have fun man it will be a blast Socal is awesome. 
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 6:37am
New York. I love being in New York. It's been a few years, though.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 6:47am
My next big trip is gonna be a tour around Europe. Not sure which countries yet but for sure Spain and Germany.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 6:49am
Sandals Grand Antigua

...and yes, I'm a sellout
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 7:17am
Tahoe in the winter...Tahoe in the summer.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Blur510

where in Cali are you going? Have fun man it will be a blast Socal is awesome. 

We're flying in to Los Angeles and from there I think that we're gonna rent a car and drive up and down the coast.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 8:54am
I'm going to HK and Japan in October this year for 2 weeks to attend a wedding and for fun.  Japan is always my top pick place to go for vacation because there's so many things to see and do.  I'll probably go to a tropical island next year for vacation maybe somewhere in the Bahamas.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 9:29am
I've never got the chance to go to one of those US Virgin islands. Would love to go to the Caymans within a couple of years. Riding around town in the scooter exploring scenic places, going to beaches and eating food. I live in the middle of the US so the closes beach is 16 hours away and it's a horrible beach to begin with. At the very least Hawaii and it's smaller islands would be very nice vacation. In the mean time it's all about setting money to the side for this big vacation.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 10:16am
Von44...if you're going to Europe look at Eastern Europe. Great food, great booze, great beaches and smoking hot chicks. Prices are good too. I recommend the beaches in Croatia, Montenegro and Greece.. Belgrade is awesome for partying and hot chicks.

Also people are a lot nicer than in Western Europe. Spaniards are the worst.. The Spanish make the French look like mr. Rogers.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 11:12am
probably will be doing a camping trip back to six rivers national forest in Norcal and do a little exploring on Reno/Ca boarders,then backpacking at Half dome for the month of June. If we can gather enough people to go maybe a last minute trip to Vancouver,Ca as well.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 2:28pm
I play on making lots of trips back and forth between California and Colorado this summer!

I really enjoy going to Europe to hang out...especially Amsterdam!!Big smile
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 7:02pm
The maldives... or any other tropical island paradise with clean cabins and white beaches.. Tongue
And loads and loooads of fruit cocktails.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2013 at 8:26pm
I agree with 2zz! tahoe in the winter and summer! But outside of Cali, I like to go to Hawaii at least twice a year or whenever I'm tired of the cold. But as Intl travel I prefer Asia to Europe lol, much cheaper.
LarsGenius View Drop Down
Local
Local
Light It Up

Quote LarsGenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 2:19am
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego,
baby why don't we go,
Jamaica

Off the Florida Keys
there's a place called Kokomo
That's where you wanna go
to get away from it all
Bodies in the sand,
tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling in love
to the rhythm of a steel drum band
Down in KokomoClap
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 4:15am
i will be heading to an all inclusive resort. debating mexico or cuba haven't really decided. girl wants perfect beach. l want great food
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 6:07am
Originally posted by milutinho

Von44...if you're going to Europe look at Eastern Europe. Great food, great booze, great beaches and smoking hot chicks. Prices are good too. I recommend the beaches in Croatia, Montenegro and Greece.. Belgrade is awesome for partying and hot chicks.

Also people are a lot nicer than in Western Europe. Spaniards are the worst.. The Spanish make the French look like mr. Rogers.
Haha thanks milutinho, I'll keep that in mind. I'm guessing you had some bad experiences with the locals over in Spain? Always thought nobody could be worst than the french. Now I gotta see this.

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I'm going to HK and Japan in October this year for 2 weeks to attend a wedding and for fun.  Japan is always my top pick place to go for vacation because there's so many things to see and do.
Nice, Japan is also one of the places I'd like to visit someday but it's so damn pricey. Not to mention North Korea threatening other countries with their nukes kinda bumps it down the list. But if it's still there after this whole fiasco is over, then I'll hop on a plane to check it out. Maybe even get some boarding in.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Von44

[QUOTE=milutinho]Von44...if you're going to Europe look at Eastern Europe. Great food, great booze, great beaches and smoking hot chicks. Prices are good too. I recommend the beaches in Croatia, Montenegro and Greece.. Belgrade is awesome for partying and hot chicks.

Haha thanks milutinho, I'll keep that in mind. I'm guessing you had some bad experiences with the locals over in Spain? Always thought nobody could be worst than the french. Now I gotta see this.
; "

Yea went to Spain for part of my honeymoon and got the f--- out of there after 3 days and went to Italy...it was like night and day with the people...

I'm hoping to hit up the Whale's Vagina this summer, haven't been there in a hot minute and then maybe Miami.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 7:12am

[QUOTE=milutinho]Von44...if you're going to Europe look at Eastern Europe. Great food, great booze, great beaches and smoking hot chicks. Prices are good too. I recommend the beaches in Croatia, Montenegro and Greece.. Belgrade is awesome for partying and hot chicks.

; "

Yea went to Spain for part of my honeymoon and got the f--- out of there after 3 days and went to Italy...it was like night and day with the people...

I'm hoping to hit up the Whale's Vagina this summer, haven't been there in a hot minute and the

I actually spend a 4-5 days in Spain a few years ago...and I did NOT feel welcomed at all. Being Asian, my buddies and I had people yelling "chino!" at us many many times. Locals were not very nice. I don't know if I'll come back.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 8:19am
sorry to hear that mluu003 but definitely not hard to believe...i even look kind of spanish (even though im not) and speak the language a bit but that did not matter. the only people that were somewhat helpful were the immigrants...mainly the turks.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by coolz

i will be heading to an all inclusive resort. debating mexico or cuba haven't really decided. girl wants perfect beach. l want great food

I thought Cuba was hard to get into?  Shocked  Cabo San Lucas has nice beaches, crystal clear water.  
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 10:57am
Canadians get to go to Cuba.  It sounds so strange to hear someone considering an all-inclusive in Cuba.  I would have thought that they weren't to welcoming of tourism, but that is probably because I know nothing of cuba.  I hear Belize is nice if you are looking for clear water and beaches.
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 5:16pm
gonna go back home and see some family and friends in Jersey. not a very good sight seeing trip, but ive been looking forward to it for months...
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 6:23pm
can wait to kick it in auburn alabama this weekend for the bad ass rodeo.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by mluu003

; "

I'm hoping to hit up the Whale's Vagina this summer, haven't been there in a hot minute and the

I actually spend a 4-5 days in Spain a few years ago...and I did NOT feel welcomed at all. Being Asian, my buddies and I had people yelling "chino!" at us many many times. Locals were not very nice. I don't know if I'll come back.

Whoa! What part of Spain was that? I was all over Spain and never once I felt unwelcomed and I'm Asian. I did however encounter a rude obnoxious guard at one of the palaces but that's it.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 12:44pm
Wow, I really want to do something like THIS! Price is super reasonable too.

4 night lodging, 2 days lift ticket, and 1 day helicopter skiing....IN WHISTLER!!!

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/deals-and-packages/heli-ski-package/index.aspx
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 3:50pm

4 night lodging, 2 days lift ticket, and 1 day helicopter skiing....IN WHISTLER!!!

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/deals-and-packages/heli-ski-package/index.aspx

You're doing it wrong, this is suppose to be non snowboard related.  LOL  But yeah, that is fairly reasonable.  
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

You're doing it wrong, this is suppose to be non snowboard related.  LOL  But yeah, that is fairly reasonable.  

Oh crap forgot! I hope it doesnt gets marked as spam haha.

I want to do this after I graduate or something! Sounds just way too epic.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2013 at 5:49pm
I'm traveling to Jasper, AL next week for a work project.  What the hell is in Jasper, AL (besides a plant)?  It's going to be a long week.

Jasper sounds like a happening place... http://www.jaspercity.com/site/
 Post Reply Post Reply