Boston Marathon Bombing

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boston Marathon Bombing
    Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Piranha

newspaper says pressure cooker bombs similar to those found in Afghanistan area...doesn't mean anything though
l think it is just the easiest way of doing it thats all.
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 9:14am
Several news agencies are reporting a suspect has been arrested.  Surveillance footage from a Lord & Taylor store has the best video evidence so far.  According to the reports the footage shows a young man carrying and possibly dropping a black bag at the 2nd bomb location.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 9:59am
I'm surprised they found a suspect in custody so fast, unless the person is just a martyr to blame someone.  They haven't released any info on the suspect yet so who knows.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 10:12am
Now the Feds are saying there hasn't been an arrest although they are making "significant progress" in the case.

One federal law enforcement source told CNN that investigators had made "significant progress but no arrest... anyone who says 'arrest' is ahead of themselves."

A Boston law enforcement told CNN, "We got him," but won't clarify whether that means a suspect has been identified or arrested.

Some federal sources said it was even too early to say investigators had identified the suspect, but several sources in Boston told CNN that they have a clear identification.

coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 10:22am
sigh damn cnn. l heard from my local newsource (quoting cnn) that they found them too.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 10:51am
Ya, I also saw/heard somewhere about the bombs bein pressure cookers with sharpnel/nails inside them & due to how big the bomb Could have been, they think its not an organized terrorist group. The damage could have been a lot worse apparently
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 12:00pm
There was speculation they had caught a suspect and while news reporters were filming at a courthouse, people inside started evacuating due to a bomb threat. REALLY??? What the EFF??
I break balls.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 12:09pm
This is why I'm always late on current events because when it's fresh, stories are not even all true.  I would rather wait a few days for the real facts.  
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

This is why I'm always late on current events because when it's fresh, stories are not even all true.  I would rather wait a few days for the real facts.  

Yeah, that story was an epic failure.  Media tries so hard to be the "first to the story" which they all claim but never are.  Somebody jumped the gun on that one.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 1:55pm
every news company is trying to break out first with the details of a suspect or where the investigation status so far,but they all give out conflicting facts about who did it just to get tv ratings.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 2:31pm
Someone linked this on facebook. http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA/ It's interesting to read but basically images of people that looked suspicious. But if you know someone who took pictures and would like to help the FBI, email it here: boston@ci.fbi.gov

Crazy things are happening everyday. Imma start putting me Contour on the dash of my car to record events. Good or bad.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 2:51pm
oh man, i know they look scruffy, but thats just horrible. lol from bag to no bag= suspect 
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 2:59pm
yeah its hard to find any obvious suspect, since u know its a trash can... everyon throws garbage into that
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 5:58pm
yeah but the government/people need something to be mad at and they need something to point at to show that they are making some kind of "progress". so hopefully they take their time and dont rush into pulling random suspects.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by haiv143

Someone linked this on facebook. http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA/ It's interesting to read but basically images of people that looked suspicious.
While most of all the pics are helpful about certain clues to look out for and looking for things out of place,I'm not to sure about the 3rd picture if the OP was referring to the ladies buttocks because I do not see a bomb/backpack as circleed showing it's location as describing it as da bomb?
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 4:19am
Originally posted by bootleg

Originally posted by haiv143

Someone linked this on facebook. http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA/ It's interesting to read but basically images of people that looked suspicious.
While most of all the pics are helpful about certain clues to look out for and looking for things out of place,I'm not to sure about the 3rd picture if the OP was referring to the ladies buttocks because I do not see a bomb/backpack as circleed showing it's location as describing it as da bomb?

IKR?, some of the pictures does not even make any sense. And it irritates me that some pictures are zoomable and some are not. So here I am with my face 2 inches away from the monitor looking at a red circle and I can't even spot a black bag (if I'm following the OP "bag" = suspect theory)

Any who my prayers goes out to the 3 dead and 180 wounded (according to cnn.com)
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 5:58am
It absolutely amazes me how the investigators can piece together the remnants of a bomb.  Another day or two and they will know exactly where it was made.  Bombs leave more evidence than guns.  Crazy.
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 8:14am
true.  Forensic science, ballistics and all that stuff is so fine tuned nowadays, the chances of getting away with anything of this sort is next to none.  Just watch forensic files, new detectives, etc - what these people do with so little information is astounding.  Whoever did this bombing obviously cares they aren't caught but they're definitely out of touch with modern society - investigators will figure it/you out.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 9:18am
Whether they find the people responsible or not, I'm sure some groups are already trying to claim it was them to steal the glory.  
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 10:46am
yes EOD and ATF have very good explosives classes that specialize in just finding out what components were used in and explosive. My EOD friend just got back from such a class that studies explosive identification. a lot can be determined by the small pieces left behind.
loulou09 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote loulou09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 11:04am
its pretty sweet to think that people can piece back together some exploded materials and find out what it was made of and its origins. it especially happens a lot with IEDs overseas.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 11:23am
Now if only due process would allow that when they find and convict the perp for him to be locked in a room with pressure cookers for sentencing. Scum like this isn't worth letting him rot his life away in a climate controlled prison on taxpayer money.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 11:45am
well now that feds and local authorities have checked all cell phone records and surveillance cameras/videos from nearby local shops,it seems they're searching for two guys one wearing a blue top carrying a duffle bag and one guy in black with a white cap on with a black backpack that has a odd bulkiness to it.hope someone is apprehended with the amount of help they're getting from the feds and atf.
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Whether they find the people responsible or not, I'm sure some groups are already trying to claim it was them to steal the glory.  

Really, who's trying to claim responsibility for it?  The Taliban have already denied involvement.  No other groups have claimed they did it either which is why they're leaning towards it being an individual or couple people in a domestic incident.  

rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 12:55pm
CNN is showing photos of 2 suspects that the FBI released and hoping ppl will remember seeing them or something and turn in tips
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 1:01pm
Yeah, I just saw that.  There has to be someone who knows who they are.  Those are fairly clear pictures of what they were wearing, basic description etc.  Too bad there faces aren't clearer.

Look very young too, especially the 2nd guy.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 1:12pm
Whatever evidence and security footage the FBI has on these guys better be accurate to the teeth,getting their faces plastered to the whole world and capturing the wrong people is going to be awkward. The images are fairly clear but these two are probably out of the country already by the time they got this out to the public media.guess it's time to double up the security at the airports.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by bootleg

Whatever evidence and security footage the FBI has on these guys better be accurate to the teeth,getting their faces plastered to the whole world and capturing the wrong people is going to be awkward. The images are fairly clear but these two are probably out of the country already by the time they got this out to the public media.guess it's time to double up the security at the airports.

you know they wont get the wrong person. Even if it wasn't them, they can't risk that. Hence they will be not given trial for xx reason and be sent to guantanamo bay. Then when the real person comes up, just say a 3rd person is related
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 1:42pm
I find it hard to really believe anything that I've seen on the news so far. It seems like there's a lot of assumptions in the media and they all need to just hold off until they get accurate information. Getting the facts right is a lot more important than getting the story out quickly.
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 2:01pm
So the news said earlier:
Two suspects, not person of interest.
One in black cap and another in white cap.
Go to FBI.gov to see the video clips of the suspects to help identify them.
They don't know who they're nor where they're from.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 2:14pm
^^ Yeah and the FBI also mentioned that they have an app that puts a name to a face with at least 70% (or so) accuracy. With all those people faces in 1000s of pictures that sure does sound like they can get it narrowed down to suspected perps. I'd like to think military's techs are at least 5 years ahead of what we actually know.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by rye

you know they wont get the wrong person. Even if it wasn't them, they can't risk that. Hence they will be not given trial for xx reason and be sent to guantanamo bay. Then when the real person comes up, just say a 3rd person is related

they can risk it if they catch the wrong people, it's likely they're going to be exempt from any wrong doing and a simple apology would solve it all,they have so much authority,the public won't care as long they do whatever to catch the right suspects and convict them.they have messed up in the past but you don't hear about it,any of their mistakes is always kept under the radar and from the media.

you would think the FBI have the advance technologies to have some kind of face recognition program or some super database computer that will identify these two by far the military is advance but won't use it,maybe they will get drones to find these two like the Christopher Dorner case.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 3:04pm
but the thiing is, us is really big on reputation. If they catch the wrong dude, it would be gg for rep.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 4:07pm
as long as we catch someone our nation will be happy, regardless of fault or actual evidence... sad day
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 4:59pm
http://www.cnn.com/video/?on.cnn=1#/video/us/2013/04/18/tsr-foreman-fuentes-suspect-analysis.cnn

Cnn is halarious, they say, it can it cannot have it. Maybe they are, maybe they aint. WELL NO SH!T we all know that. If you list all the possibility, what is the point
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 4:59pm
idk, the two suspects look middle eastern to me. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 6:53pm
^ Sounds like profiling to me.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 7:50pm
i have nooo idea what coolz said but the us gov will definately have someone to blame just like with the trade centers and will pin it on some other gov/organization just to appeal to some agenda. this will turn into some kind of big conspiracy theory in time too.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by cds4288

i have nooo idea what coolz said but the us gov will definately have someone to blame just like with the trade centers and will pin it on some other gov/organization just to appeal to some agenda. this will turn into some kind of big conspiracy theory in time too.

what a coincidence, lets just blame ppl who LOOK like they could be terrorist... we have no proof or anything
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2013 at 9:58pm
Something big is going down in Boston right now!! Been watching the news for the past 4 hours. Started out as an MIT officer was shot, ended up dying at hospital. Story moved to a giant shootout  with explosives in a neighboring town. One suspect caught, one at large. Some stations are claiming they are the marathon bombing suspects as of now. Story developing.....
I break balls.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 2:28am
So what I'm piecing together from the various news outlets is the 2 suspects are brothers, possibly from Chechnya or Turkey.  The suspects shot and killed an MIT policeman as he sat in his car, then they hijacked a car at gunpoint, releasing the vehicle owner 30 minutes later at a gas station.  That's when police spotted the stolen vehicle and gave chase.  The suspects threw explosives out of the vehicle while trying to elude police and exchanged gunfire with the police.  Suspect 1 was wounded during the pursuit, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.  He had bullet wounds and injuries from an explosion.  Suspect 2 is on the run.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 2:29am
They are 2 brothers from Chechnya.  Muslim terrorists.  The older brother has been shot and killed. The younger brother is still on the loose.

Here is the younger brothers social page:   http://vk.com/id160300242

His name is Djohar Tsarnaev.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 2:40am
I really hope they take Suspect 2/Djohar Tsarnaev alive so officials can interrogate him and glean as much information as possible.  
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 2:50am
Though the info would be nice, having him not go through the prolonged court system and live in jail on our tax dollars if he was "critically injured" in the chase wouldnt be a bad thing imo.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 3:12am
I think the prolonged court system and having the scumbag live in jail on our tax dollars would be worth it in the long run if he is connected to a terrorist group and valuable information can be extracted from him.  The info could prevent future attacks and save lives.

As far as spending his life in jail I don't think he would die of natural causes in jail, his life expectancy would be relatively short.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 3:12am
The intel would be nice.   We already know they are jihad terrorists (according to reports).  Maybe they are part of a larger cell.  Who knows.  I prefer that he is captured alive.

If I remember hearing correctly,  Massachusetts doesn't have the death penalty.  So he would spend his life in jail.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 3:38am
Just heard on the radio, they're closing down Boston? Telling kids and parents not to go to school or work till they find the 2nd guy. Is this true?
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 5:32am
^Not sure if it's to that extreme, but heard they just told them to not open the door to anyone they do not know. I would understand if they close schools, but would be surprised if they shut down all of Boston.
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 5:36am
This guys got to be held up in someones house...hopefully they blast him before he kills anyone else.
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 7:16am
Originally posted by solocreep

Just heard on the radio, they're closing down Boston? Telling kids and parents not to go to school or work till they find the 2nd guy. Is this true?
This is pretty much true. Watertown is def on lockdown. Everybody has to stay inside and only open your door to police officers in uniform. Business owners were told not to open up shop today. Almost every college is closed in Boston, taxi service was shut off for a period of time due to the suspect possibly being very armed and very dangerous.
I break balls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>