so.. does nobody go on this forum in the summer-

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jihyungchun View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jihyungchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so.. does nobody go on this forum in the summer-
    Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 7:26pm
so... i've noticed the forums are pretty dead now... is there another forum people hop on to for the warmer weather??
Scorer099 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Scorer099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 7:48pm
These forums have been relatively dead for well over a year, maybe two, compared to what they once were...
I'm just here to look cool...

www.angrysnowboarder.com
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 11:12pm
But yes, the summer is worse than winter, at least the early part of summer. In August/September people come back because they're getting antsy to snowboard again and want to get new gear, which often starts to come out then.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 1:34am
Yeah, things slow down here considerably once the snow season ends...as would be expected.  I still stay year round, like a lot of other people.

Thread discussions usually shift to things like biking, mountain biking, wake boarding, surfing, skating, camping, hiking etc.

As far as going to another website instead, I don't really have anything like that.  I just frequent the same sites year round.
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 2:07am
I stay on any snowboard related forums all year long...
sigh.. maybe i just need to find other things to do on the internet
But yeah this isnt be the only snow-related forum that slows down in the off-season
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 4:12am
I haven't done so but I would like to stay active on this forum. There's other things to do in the summer. hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, cooking, traveling, swimming, and watermelon.

mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by haiv143

I haven't done so but I would like to stay active on this forum. There's other things to do in the summer. hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, cooking, traveling, swimming, and watermelon.

Yeah it does get pretty slow on here during the summer....I definitely don't log in and post as much since I'm not on the computer as much. I agree, tons of outdoor stuff to do! But when winter rolls around and some resorts start opening up......everyone returns! haha
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jihyungchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 8:05pm
ah ok lol. i started my summer car project already, so i'm on the car forum almost 24/7... and i noticed there aren't too many pp on this forum nowadays either. so i figured people just don't want to talk snow in the summer
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 12:59pm
I'm still around.  there is still snow in north america! head to Mt Hood and have the summer of your life!
-zakk

rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 1:04pm
l think it is simply the fact that it is currently winter and snowboard is not on the top of the list of "must do" summer activities
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 4:08pm
I believe in getting the most out of every winter but once summer hits I don't like to sit around too much wishing I was snowboarding. And summer boarding is pretty expensive. Lots of other things to do in the summer to have fun!
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 5:41pm
Just heading towards winter over here. So still well excited. Been on a pretty good rotation of every 2nd winter in CO, and might be doing Japan this Jan. Giddy up.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 7:34pm
As long as there's something to talk about then conversations will keep going, there are other things to talk about besides boarding.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jihyungchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 6:50am
true, i was planning on working on my car this weekend, but i have a severe back pain i have to treat and a severe fever... so i think my plans are out the window... so sad
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 8:59am
Originally posted by jihyungchun

true, i was planning on working on my car this weekend, but i have a severe back pain i have to treat and a severe fever... so i think my plans are out the window... so sad

You seem to have issues, severe issues.  LOL  I think maybe during summer some people follow only certain threads as well, ones that they can relate to or follow like certain sports that are in season or activities, etc.  
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jihyungchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2013 at 6:44am
true, i only recently started taking snowboarding seriously so i was hoping there's some crazy sale during the summer i can get in on lol
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2013 at 9:58am
^ There are crazy sales but the selection is very very limited so it's likely you won't even find any good gears your size.  LOL  I think the best time to buy is end of season, I already bought a few new gears.  LOL
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

^ There are crazy sales but the selection is very very limited so it's likely you won't even find any good gears your size.  LOL  I think the best time to buy is end of season, I already bought a few new gears.  LOL

True that!! I'll just be looking around and I'll see some really awesome gloves and they only come in like XL. I can fit both hands in an XL. haha but look around, if you're a really big or small size, you can find great deals!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2013 at 9:25am
^  Haha, your only other last bet of snagging a good deal your size would be to watch WM or steepandcheap.  LOL  I've always found awesome gears for awesome prices there.  Gloves are always popping up for sale there.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 7:46am
^The classified section on this site is insane right now. I really wish I had a few hundred to burn. I'd def get one of the happy hours on there and maybe some goggles. Damn you joint checking acct!
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
CO_champagne View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CO_champagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 7:54am
I'm in Hawaii, surfing and scuba diving but I still check the forums to see what's crackin.  Gotta get pumped for Winter 13/14.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 8:09am
barring a miracle im in retirement for 2013/14. However im going to be in Trad/Trat (spelling changes depending on the person it seems) and apparently theres awesome diving near a few of the other islands (koh Kut/kood in particular). Having never dived before, whaddaya reckon, worth it? Is this my new hobby until i get sick of it and head back to korea? 
m00m
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 8:15am
^ Retirement from snowboarding?  Say it isn't so!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 8:23am
dude, im gonna be a 30 minute boat ride from here: 

Snowboarding can (for the next 6 months at least) screw off :) 
m00m
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 10:04am
That is one divine looking beach there Ippy.  It reminds me of my island back home.  I wished I knew how to swim so I can try diving.  LOL
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 12:46pm
That picture makes me want a corona.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 1:40pm
That pic is just making me itch even more to go on another Caribbean trip.  Prospected date of departure is June 6... can't wait!!!

WM had the DC PBJ SE for just $130 ($8 shipping to PA)... I was SO close to buying, it was in my cart, but I somehow resisted. Confused
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
fat_theo View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fat_theo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 3:02pm
I thought Julius had written " this picture makes me want a ctoma" !
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by fat_theo

Who wouldn't want a ctoma?  I'm sure that's what julius meant.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 6:31am
^You should be so lucky.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 7:41am
Originally posted by ctoma

My guess is it's something to do with the mop & bucket aspect of wanting a ctoma. LOL
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 8:19am
What is this "ctoma" and why would someone want one?
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 10:59am
Perhaps you can find the definition in the urban dictionary.  LOL  
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

My guess is it's something to do with the mop & bucket aspect of wanting a ctoma. LOL

Everyone's jealous of the mop and bucket.

Perhaps you can find the definition in the urban dictionary.  LOL  

Hey, wait a minute, I am not in the urban dictionary!
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 7:19pm
That's an amazing picture ippollite, did you take that? I can't go to places that'll look like that but I'll settle for a float trip.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 7:38am

That's an amazing picture ippollite, did you take that? I can't go to places that'll look like that but I'll settle for a float trip.

why can't you go to places that look like Ippys picture?

Ippy, as far as your question about diving being worth it... I would definitely try it out.  I've done a bit of snorkeling and man.. so amazing.  If I lived somewhere and had the opportunity I'd go all of the time.. and definitely start spearfishing.. yup.. that'd be the life!
MOAR powderz plz!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 9:58am

Hey, wait a minute, I am not in the urban dictionary!

You better go fix that then.  LOL

Haiv143, you're from Cali aren't you?  You have the beach, just gotta find the right spot.  LOL
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 10:33am

Haiv143, you're from Cali aren't you?  You have the beach, just gotta find the right spot.  LOL

Haiv143, that sounds like an invitation Clap.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 11:08am

Ippy,
I love being near water whether it is snow, ocean or lake. Ive gone snorkeling in hawaii, Belize, cayman islands, and dubai. Im also a certified diver. Its cool to see fish and other sea life but the rush compared to a pow day isnt there for me. Except for when i ran into a shark. But for the most part the only thrill that could come close was when i was free diving and spearing fish. Some people love it and some dont. The thing with diving is it will cost a lot for your own gear. And a lot of the aspects of it, especially time and depth, are crucial to not dying. Its pretty slow in comparison to snowboarding but it has its ups. Petting a sting ray and watching them swarm squid in person was awesome. Getting stung by jelly fish wasnt. I say you free dive and snorkel and see if you like it. If so then get diver certified and see if you like that too.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jihyungchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2013 at 12:18pm
you guys have awesome vacation plans compared to me.... i'm just sitting at home working on a car while everybody else is going to the beach and going outside =(
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by MTpow

why can't you go to places that look like Ippys picture?
I meant I can't go this year Cry

I actually live in Kansas City, smack dab middle of US

Originally posted by lightning80

Haiv143, that sounds like an invitation Clap.
I'd love to visit California. Gonna take me around town AMY?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jihyungchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2013 at 7:22pm
i want to explore other slopes too =(
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 8:43am

Kansas???  Who lives there???  LOL  I hope you're not looking for Smallville and looking for kryptonite fragments.  LOL  Haha sure, then we can go to Hana's place and watch her dog steal her dirty undies in its natural habitat of her apartment.  LOL
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 10:34am

Kansas???  Who lives there???  LOL  I hope you're not looking for Smallville and looking for kryptonite fragments.  LOL  Haha sure, then we can go to Hana's place and watch her dog steal her dirty undies in its natural habitat of her apartment.  LOL

wow..a 3 some on the 1st date...haiv143 should be on a plane now! Wink
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2013 at 10:38am
^ Interesting.  Surprised Lux isn't jumping in on this.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Scorer099

These forums have been relatively dead for well over a year, maybe two, compared to what they once were...

*sigh* True That...We still comment every time we pass the old Sierra store.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Muse25

Just curious, but what's at the old Sierra store now?  Shocked
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2013 at 11:47am

Originally posted by Muse25

Just curious, but what's at the old Sierra store now?  Shocked

It's a bordello now.  You can get a job there, servicing the patrons under the table.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 7:07pm
Right ive had my shtooking fill of sunshine and rainy season. Leaving thailand in September and off to korea. Plan A as it was, but enacted about a year sooner than i figured i would. The sunshine is not for me. The rain is not for me. The constant flitting between the two at the drop of a hat is also not for me when youre just trying to have a nice day out and get about 5kms on your scooter before a wall of rain sends you home again. 

Its like the truman show. Actually, maybe it is. :(

Kids are great here. Id say the adults have a pretty good split between kind and generous, and conniving shitheads.

I havent really fallen in love with it to be honest so im getting out. I was kinda hoping beach life would sustain me, but meh. Who cares about sitting on a beach? 

Plus the snow season calls me and if stay beyond October thats the full season written off. And for a bit more time on a beach? Who gives a rats ass? Give me the cold, ice and a set of thermals any day.  

So this year TruSnow will learn all about Korean Ski resorts from me (if theres anyone around to learn about it by then). :) 

Lesson 1: What the actual fuck?

m00m
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2013 at 10:26pm
^It's funny how you say beach life doesn't suit you. I used to be an absolute beach junkie, fishing, diving, surfing, swimming, you name it. But I moved to the snow for 2 years and the thought of a beach doesn't particularly bother me anymore. Not when there's all that snow to be ridden.

I don't know how I'm going to adjust to life around the ocean with no snow within 1000's of km's. 3 years of school left then back to the good stuff in Canada.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>