0 Staff | 7 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 392,086 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

TruSnow FANTASY FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 4>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TruSnow FANTASY FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 8:06am
Figured with training camp coming up it may be time to get a preliminary list of who is down to play in the TruSnow league this season, and what platform it should be hosted on.

I'm down obviously, as I have been the last few season win or lose, and I prefer yahoo.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 8:44am
I'm interested.  I participate in a couple FF leagues and enjoy the competition.  How serious is this league?
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 9:07am
I'd be up for it.  I missed signing up last year.  I also prefer yahoo.  There was talk on a different thread about a Dynasty League, which I am assuming is different than this conversation, as I am not as up for dynasty league participation.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 9:12am
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 10:05am

Thanks Lightning, I renewed my spot.  Is there another thread to track the smack?

I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 10:25am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Thanks Lightning, I renewed my spot.  Is there another thread to track the smack?

Is that an invite only league?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 10:36am
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Is that an invite only league?
It's the one that has been rolling the last 3 or so years.  I wouldn't be opposed to setting one up for newer users, but it's always hard to get people to stick around.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 12:55pm
I'm in. Any platform is okay with me, but Yahoo would be prefered.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2013 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by lightning80

there's one set up already:

Wtf, I'm not allowed to join?  

Let me in!!!!!

cj.toma@ymail.com
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 4:03am
Originally posted by ctoma

there's one set up already:

Wtf, I'm not allowed to join?  

Let me in!!!!!

cj.toma@ymail.com
Go to the main page and look at last years.  It gave me a renew option.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 6:25am
^ Ahhh, thanks CoMtnRider... I completely missed that the first time I looked.

I'm in.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 9:24am
I'm in if there is still room
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 12:19pm
So, just to be clear, we can't join if we haven't played in the past?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

So, just to be clear, we can't join if we haven't played in the past?

I believe you would need an invitation from the commish...who is Zakk.
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote psubballfan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2013 at 5:52pm
I'd 100% be in if there's still room, my friends. I know I'm a little late to the party but I'd be a consistent user as long as y'all dont mind loosing!Tongue
Protect your domes
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:45am
I AM GOD
-zakk

julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 8:49am
Dear Lord. Give the guy a couple of taco's and he's all about blasphemy. Someone should intervene. Maybe get Zakk on a taco patch so he can lower his tolerance. Tacos. Not even once.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:00am
Live Draft: Thu Aug 22 7:15pm MDT

That is the time designated on our site.  We still going with that, and did we confirm all 10 teams were going to be active and not drop off after 3 weeks like a few last season.

I was 1-5 and still hung in there. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:04am
^ Who was the dude that stopped updating his lineup a few weeks into the season?  Please make sure he doesn't join this year.

zakk is letting the tacos go to his brain.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:07am

^ Who was the dude that stopped updating his lineup a few weeks into the season?  Please make sure he doesn't join this year.

zakk is letting the tacos go to his brain.
Agreed, there are only 10 teams now and it was a 12 team league last year, so I'm guessing he was one of the ones that dropped?

Current Teams, claim your team to make sure

B Deeper 0.00 0.00 - - -
Sintexo 0.00 0.00 - - -
Duffmans Destroyers Me                   0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
Luke's Lions 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
Get the Kong 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
lightning80 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
D'Kings 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
DCC 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
Cherry PoppinDaddies 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
Boreal Bears 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:14am
I am "Luke's Lions" - named for my son who made the start/bench decisions for the team.

I cannot remember who stopped participating last season, old age has affected my memory.  Eating lots of tacos doesn't seem to be helping either.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:17am

too late, i'm already in...hehe...j/k...i stayed active even though my team sucked...
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:17am
Give it another "taco night" at the ctoma house in ctomaville. It should clear out the cobwebs.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:20am

I am "Luke's Lions" - named for my son who made the start/bench decisions for the team.

i bet even luke can figure out which team i own...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:22am

too late, i'm already in...hehe...j/k...i stayed active even though my team sucked...

You came in 3rd last year, you're thinking every other year lol. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:27am
Originally posted by julius77

Give it another "taco night" at the ctoma house in ctomaville. It should clear out the cobwebs.

We need another taco night at Casa de Ctoma, it's been a week or two.  There should be an official taco night every week, I'll have to talk to the boss, Senorita Mtoma, to get that cleared.

I cannot do any FF research at work, any and every FF web site is blocked here, el dammit-o (Mexican for dammit).
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 9:33am

You came in 3rd last year, you're thinking every other year lol. 

losing to luke's lions = team sucked..haha..yeah, i think you're right...the year before was horrible for me... 3-11 and lost to ctoma TWICE Cry
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 12:51pm
Wait is there room for the Cleveland Steamers?  I thought I was getting in on one of these leagues this year but I've become confused among the various threadwebs.  Please advise

-b
get bent
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2013 at 12:59pm

Current Teams, claim your team to make sure

B Deeper 0.00 0.00 - - -
Sintexo 0.00 0.00 - - -
Duffmans Destroyers Me                   0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
Luke's Lions 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
Get the Kong 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
lightning80 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
D'Kings 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
DCC 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
Cherry PoppinDaddies 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
Boreal Bears 0-0-0 0.00 0.00 - - -
D'Kings claimed!! Is that draft date right? Seems kinda early being two weeks before the NFL season starts and also before the final roster cuts are made.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2013 at 5:17am
Hey guys, are we still planning on doing this again this year?  It's pretty quiet considering the season is 35 days away.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2013 at 5:39am
I'm in.

Season starts in 35 days, eh?  So the draft will be in ~21 days?  Which would mean I have 20 days to procrastinate doing my FF research...
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2013 at 6:03am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

Wait is there room for the Cleveland Steamers?  I thought I was getting in on one of these leagues this year but I've become confused among the various threadwebs.  Please advise

-b

Every league I have ever been in has had a team called the Cleveland Steamers.  You might need to go with Cleveland_Steamers13025
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2013 at 8:07am

I'm in.

Season starts in 35 days, eh?  So the draft will be in ~21 days?  Which would mean I have 20 days to procrastinate doing my FF research...

research? be a true fan and pick all detroit lions players LOL
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2013 at 1:09pm

35days is an eternity.

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2013 at 4:20pm
I've been out of the country for a while, but I'm back and still interested.

Now for a keeper question:
League is 0.5 ppr and 0.25 pp carry, and I can keep three at the rounds listed.

Graham - 3
R. Bush - 4
D. Wilson - 7
Cruz - 9
Amendola - 12
R. Wilson - 12

Not sure if it should be taken into consideration or not, but keepers can only be kept for three seasons in a row (so Cruz and Graham could not be kept again after this season).  Keepers the next year cost two rounds higher than where they were kept/drafted previously.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2013 at 8:59am
Hey guys, I emailed everyone in the league using the emails you have set as managers to verify we are still doing it this year, and to see what everyone had in mind for the draft date, or if we are just going with what is currently assigned.  The season starts in 30 days so time to start figuring this madness out!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2013 at 9:15am

Hey guys, I emailed everyone in the league using the emails you have set as managers to verify we are still doing it this year, and to see what everyone had in mind for the draft date, or if we are just going with what is currently assigned.  The season starts in 30 days so time to start figuring this madness out!

i replied to the email Clap. i have no issues with the draft date/time because i won't be able to do it live anyways.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2013 at 9:17am
sorry, havne't been in forums in a couple months but I'm still in.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2013 at 1:20pm
Still in and I replied to the e-mail.

Originally posted by Sintexo

Now for a keeper question:
League is 0.5 ppr and 0.25 pp carry, and I can keep three at the rounds listed.

Graham - 3
R. Bush - 4
D. Wilson - 7
Cruz - 9
Amendola - 12
R. Wilson - 12

Not sure if it should be taken into consideration or not, but keepers can only be kept for three seasons in a row (so Cruz and Graham could not be kept again after this season).  Keepers the next year cost two rounds higher than where they were kept/drafted previously.
I like to think of keeper values based on where you would normally draft that player. Like you probably wouldn't get Graham back in the third round, so I'd keep him. I'd think you wouldn't be able to get back Cruz in the 9th or Wilson in the 12th either and they seem like the best values. Up to you if you're happy with those three as a core.

Now you don't have any RBs, but with your first two picks, I'd think you could get better RBs than Bush and Wilson. If not, that's something to consider based on what other RBs will be available on your draft day.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2013 at 11:34am
If any spots open up, lemme know and I'll fill it.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 9:54am
Am I the only one who sees a whole lot of posts missing from this thread?

Edit:  Apparently all posts on all threads that came after 8/7 are missing.  I wonder if the new management is going to fix the problems.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 10:18am

Am I the only one who sees a whole lot of posts missing from this thread?

Edit:  Apparently all posts on all threads that came after 8/7 are missing.  I wonder if the new management is going to fix the problems.
It was working this morning, I posted something to this page.  Hopefully Zakk remembers it all Big smile
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 11:24am
New posts don't even update on the main page either, even though they are at least showing up inside the thread.  Posts don't even correctly post anymore eitther.  I keep getting errors, even though the post does show up.

1) Three keepers per year
2) Can only keep one player per position
3) Keepers count as one pick higher than where they were previously drafted, and can only be on a roster for a maximum of three years, then must be returned to the player pool.  A FA pickup counts as a 10-12th pick.
4) Picks can be traded, and if the pick required to keep a player has been traded away, the player counts as the preceding rounds draft pick.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 1:42pm

New posts don't even update on the main page either, even though they are at least showing up inside the thread.  Posts don't even correctly post anymore eitther.  I keep getting errors, even though the post does show up.

3) Keepers count as one pick higher than where they were previously drafted, and can only be on a roster for a maximum of three years, then must be returned to the player pool.  A FA pickup counts as a 10-12th pick.
4) Picks can be traded, and if the pick required to keep a player has been traded away, the player counts as the preceding rounds draft pick.

That's all I can remember as well
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 4:16pm
any chance we can have the draft the week after?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by DCC

any chance we can have the draft the week after?

That was also discussed in the deleted posts.  I think the plan was to have it sometime after the third week of preseason games.  On a weekday evening (for PST).
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2013 at 7:05pm
ok nice
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2013 at 12:38pm
It's stupid having to manually check any thread you're trying to keep up with, as only apparently new threads and a few old threads seem to update when new posts are made.

We might want to try and pick a new draft day soon though, as the scheduled one is approaching.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2013 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by diviesti

That's all I can remember as well

i think that is right.  the one other bit was if you protect a 2nd, you can only protect one year (your first the next year) and then back into the pool.  did everyone weigh in on that?  or just keep it at 1st for the 3 year max? 
-zakk

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2013 at 10:22pm
Ah shit, I forgot "You cannot keep a first round draft pick," which would automatically include that 2nd round players can only be kept for one season, as they will technically be a first round pick that year, and hence cannot be kept.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>