2 Staff | 14 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 396,016 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

TruSnow FANTASY FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TruSnow FANTASY FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Aug/17/2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

Ah shit, I forgot "You cannot keep a first round draft pick," which would automatically include that 2nd round players can only be kept for one season, as they will technically be a first round pick that year, and hence cannot be kept.

yeah.  i like the rule of moving up a draft pick and i like the idea you can't protect #1, but if you have both rules.....

just sayin'  but i think that accomplishes what we mean it to do, which is the stud talent gets mixed up more often.  
-zakk

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2013 at 2:49pm

Ah shit, I forgot "You cannot keep a first round draft pick," which would automatically include that 2nd round players can only be kept for one season, as they will technically be a first round pick that year, and hence cannot be kept.

yeah.  i like the rule of moving up a draft pick and i like the idea you can't protect #1, but if you have both rules.....

just sayin'  but i think that accomplishes what we mean it to do, which is the stud talent gets mixed up more often.  
-zakk

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by zakk

Yea one of my other league does it that you can't keep anyone from the first three rounds, so the only true studs that manage to get kept are either 2nd year guys who had great rookie seasons, or FAs that got picked up.  I like our way of only the first round though.

Wait, what's the problem with having both rules?
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2013 at 1:43pm

Yea one of my other league does it that you can't keep anyone from the first three rounds, so the only true studs that manage to get kept are either 2nd year guys who had great rookie seasons, or FAs that got picked up.  I like our way of only the first round though.

Wait, what's the problem with having both rules?

nothing, just saying one plays on the other
-zakk

DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 12:53am
any talk about expanding the playoffs to 6 teams?  
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 6:46am
Originally posted by DCC

The only way I think moving to 6 teams makes sense is making the league divisional and having the top seeds in each division getting byes. 

Also, for those that haven't been to the site, the draft has been moved to next week.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Originally posted by DCC

The only way I think moving to 6 teams makes sense is making the league divisional and having the top seeds in each division getting byes. 

Also, for those that haven't been to the site, the draft has been moved to next week.

not a fan of the 3 week playoffs.  but if 7 of 12 owners want them, we can have them.  If you really want to try to get this: Post a thread on the Yahoo page and voting will be open until 1 hour before the draft so i can change the settings.  I don't want it and thus will not do it and vote no LOL

Draft was moved due to popular demand.  still get to nail down rule, but I think we are done. 

-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 8:58am

Originally posted by DCC

not a fan of the 3 week playoffs.  but if 7 of 12 owners want them, we can have them.  If you really want to try to get this: Post a thread on the Yahoo page and voting will be open until 1 hour before the draft so i can change the settings.  I don't want it and thus will not do it and vote no LOL

Draft was moved due to popular demand.  still get to nail down rule, but I think we are done. 

4/12 still gives 2/3 of the league the ability to win, but it also makes it so more can be eliminated from the playoffs completely earlier and therefore lose motivation.  Hopefully since this is a keeper league now there will be more incentive for those to keep going once they are statistically eliminated.

I will probably vote no, as I do like you have a better shot, but it also makes the 13 weeks leading up not as important because you really only need a 3 week hot streak to steal the whole league even if you sucked for most of the season lol.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 11:28am
I would rather stick with 4 then do divisions.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 12:48pm
with this being a keeper league now, what happens if someone doesn't join the league next year?  a new guy just adopts their team?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by DCC

with this being a keeper league now, what happens if someone doesn't join the league next year?  a new guy just adopts their team?

That's usually the case.

What if we do 6 make the playoffs, and the top 2 seeds automatically get a bye?  We don't necessarily have to do divisions to give out byes.

Now that we have a keeper league going, I do think we should do something to change up the draft positions (this goes for next year, this year random is still fine).  If we don't want to go completely reverse of standings, I've seen one thing that I've always thought was interesting, where the playoff teams get the last picks of the round, in reverse order of standings, so 1-4 get picks 12-9.  Then there is a lottery/random assigning of picks 1-8 for the non playoff teams.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 3:02pm

If we don't want to go completely reverse of standings, I've seen one thing that I've always thought was interesting, where the playoff teams get the last picks of the round, in reverse order of standings, so 1-4 get picks 12-9.  Then there is a lottery/random assigning of picks 1-8 for the non playoff teams.

wut. o_0

why not have a three legged sack race held on consecutive sundays until the #1 over pick is determined?  
-zakk

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 3:28pm

If we don't want to go completely reverse of standings, I've seen one thing that I've always thought was interesting, where the playoff teams get the last picks of the round, in reverse order of standings, so 1-4 get picks 12-9.  Then there is a lottery/random assigning of picks 1-8 for the non playoff teams.
wut. o_0

why not have a three legged sack race held on consecutive sundays until the #1 over pick is determined?  

If we were all in one place, I'd totally be down for something ridiculous like that.

I was just throwing something out there other than the random order, and complete reverse of standings methods.  It's basically just a mixture of the two, giving an advantage to the teams that didn't make the playoffs.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 6:54pm
only thing that worries me is the tanking.  other than that, i'm good with it.  i think i'd be better with randomizing the non-playoffs separately from the playoffs, but keeping both random.  
-zakk

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 7:19pm

only thing that worries me is the tanking.  other than that, i'm good with it.  i think i'd be better with randomizing the non-playoffs separately from the playoffs, but keeping both random.  

As in teams throwing games to try and get a better draft position?  I guess some people might try that.  So you're suggesting playoff teams get randomized between spots 9-12, and non-playoff teams get randomized for spots 1-8?  If so, I like that idea.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2013 at 8:35pm
yeah, dual random so that the bad teams can't fall below X and the good teams can't rise above Y.  both give everyone a shot at being the best in each "class" if you will.  
-zakk

Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 7:20am
I'm good with the randomized, where the playoff teams will always be the last 4 picks in the draft.  I do think we should stick with 4 teams for the playoffs.  Yea it makes it a lot harder to make the playoffs in the first place, but that's kind of how it should be.  Hell I started 1-5 last season and still almost made the playoffs, so it can be done even with a slow start.

It seems like it's been the same core dudes for the last 3 years, so hopefully there isn't much risk of someone falling out, but we can just have someone else take over their team if needed as someone said.

Draft day is coming up, and it's a good thing we moved it out with guys dropping like flies this off/preseason.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 9:26am
There goes my strategy of getting the 1st pick next season...Tongue
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2013 at 10:28am

Draft day is coming up, and it's a good thing we moved it out with guys dropping like flies this off/preseason.

It's actually pretty ridiculous.  I feel like almost every single game this preseason has had a semi/serious injury occur to either a starter or a player fighting for a starting position for every team.

So I take it we aren't going to figure out the draft order ahead of time this year?  It's not like I'm the only person who can do mock drafts once we figure it out haha
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2013 at 5:50am
-zakk

getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2013 at 8:30am
are we carrying keepers to this year? because i had a sick team last year... :)
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2013 at 8:52am
Originally posted by getkong

are we carrying keepers to this year? because i had a sick team last year... :)
Get the Kong out of here with that madness!

Although Spiller for a 7th rounder this year is awfully tempting lol.
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2013 at 7:30pm
you'll get none and like it!
-zakk

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2013 at 12:55pm
Just one thought on the rules (doesn't pertain to this year, but would matter when keepers are being decided).  Can we change the days around for when keepers are due and when the draft order is determined?

I went into it earlier, but basically your draft position can greatly impact which players you end up keeping, so it'd be nice to have the order figured out before the keepers are due.  I guess its not AS important, with the draft picks split between playoff/non-playoff teams, but it's just a thought.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 7:21am

Just one thought on the rules (doesn't pertain to this year, but would matter when keepers are being decided).  Can we change the days around for when keepers are due and when the draft order is determined?

I went into it earlier, but basically your draft position can greatly impact which players you end up keeping, so it'd be nice to have the order figured out before the keepers are due.  I guess its not AS important, with the draft picks split between playoff/non-playoff teams, but it's just a thought.

Well we should know the draft order for next year the day the season ends right?  Seems you have like 7 months to plan your strategy, that should be plenty Big smile

EDIT:  Didn't notice we were still randomizing drafting between the playoff/non-playoff, thought it was based on record.  Man draft is thurs, I better start thinking about some of those late round players to target.  I can understand wanting to see your draft position before deciding your keepers.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 10:42am
For all the new owners...Yahoo's rankings and auto-draft are your friends. Wink
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 10:54am
Originally posted by lightning80

For all the new owners...Yahoo's rankings and auto-draft are your friends. Wink

That's true if you like drafting a Kicker in the 7th round.  Auto-draft sucks.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 11:45am
Haha this draft should turn out interesting.  It will be right during the middle of the VT football season opener.  At that point Alabama should be murdering us, so I may be pretty drunk.

Advantage: everyone else.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 12:33pm
^ maybe you'll draft better drunk..who knows. LOL
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2013 at 12:42pm
True, I had a pretty terrible team last year.  I don't think I can do that bad again unless I'm ravaged by injuries.

Edit: apparently the game is on Saturday... not sure where I got the idea that it was on Thursday.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 8:23am
Sooooo... does anyone else want to figure out the draft order today?
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 7:45pm

<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px;">Sooooo... does anyone else want to figure out the draft order today?</span>

Doesn't it just give a random order like 30 mins before the draft time?
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2013 at 8:09pm
Yes, because that is what the current setting is.  We changed it for the keeper rules (which technically doesn't apply until next season), but I've still been lobbying for figuring out the order as early as possible.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 7:39am
So how many of you are actually doing the draft live tonight?  I just want to know how many autopicks that take the entire time I have to sit through.

You would think if they are on autopick it would instant sigh.......
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 7:48am
I'm drafting live, hate when people autodraft because nobody falls further than a few spots.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by diviesti

I'm drafting live, hate when people autodraft because nobody falls further than a few spots.
Yea you can pretty much tell if someone you want is going to get picked before you based on what position the draft is at and what the sites ranking is for that guy.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 8:37am
I'll be there.

If they do not show up to the draft (aka never entered it), then isnt it instant?  I thought it only takes the entire time if they're actually in the draft, but say, walked away from their computer.

Maybe this year Yahoo will actually let everyone enter the draft.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 8:52am

I'll be there.

If they do not show up to the draft (aka never entered it), then isnt it instant?  I thought it only takes the entire time if they're actually in the draft, but say, walked away from their computer.

Maybe this year Yahoo will actually let everyone enter the draft.
Let's just hope it actually works and we don't have to reschedule like last year dibacle.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 8:53am
I think it gives it two draft picks for the full time before it turns the auto draft on, that's how it works in mock drafts anyway
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 12:48pm
I won't be able to be at the live draft...but I've pre-ranked..hopefully, that'll work out ok. I think yahoo typically will fill out all of the positions before filling the bench. Personally, I don't like that because I would probably get some backup RBs, WRs, and QB before picking the starting kicker. Oh well, I just hope for the best.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by lightning80

I won't be able to be at the live draft...but I've pre-ranked..hopefully, that'll work out ok. I think yahoo typically will fill out all of the positions before filling the bench. Personally, I don't like that because I would probably get some backup RBs, WRs, and QB before picking the starting kicker. Oh well, I just hope for the best.

I'm pretty sure they will go off your top 300 ranks before filling out your starting roster, even if that means filling bench spots as long as you have guys ranked higher than the first defense/kicker.  I could be wrong though.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 2:25pm
^ So, I could end up with 8 QBs? Confused
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 2:26pm
For those of you that can't make the live draft, you can now draft if you download the Yahoo Football App on your smart phone.
I drafted on my phone yesterday for one of my other leagues.
It's not that best, but it's pretty good. Better than getting auto-drafted.
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 2:59pm

So how many of you are actually doing the draft live tonight?  I just want to know how many autopicks that take the entire time I have to sit through.

You would think if they are on autopick it would instant sigh.......
I plan on being there. It all depends on me getting off of work early since I can't access the fantasy sites at work Ouch
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 4:15pm
i'll be there.  see you all in 2 hours
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 9:31pm
Yahoo gave a score of A+ for my autodraft LOL
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2013 at 10:35pm
Son of a... there goes my Giants short game.

Who drafted Andre Brown?  Broke his leg again... Wilson's value just went up.

One of those damn autodrafters took Wilson 2 picks in front of me. Angry
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 5:56am
Mostly happy wih how my draft went.
Im too short on RB's though.
Anyone wanna trade RB for WR, let me know!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 6:28am

Son of a... there goes my Giants short game.

Who drafted Andre Brown?  Broke his leg again... Wilson's value just went up.

One of those damn autodrafters took Wilson 2 picks in front of me. Angry
Didn't see he broke his damn leg ARGGGG!

So I already get to play the projected points leader for the week.  Same story, different season.  This is going to be another rough one I have a feeling.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 6:48am
Relatively happy with my team, wasn't prepared at all for the 10 spot. Think every mock i did was 8th pick or earlier. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>