0 Staff | 7 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 400,005 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

TruSnow FANTASY FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TruSnow FANTASY FOOTBALL 2013/2014 Season!
    Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 7:02am
Originally posted by diviesti

Relatively happy with my team, wasn't prepared at all for the 10 spot. Think every mock i did was 8th pick or earlier. 
My starting team is solid, but my bench leaves a lot to be desired.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 7:14am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Relatively happy with my team, wasn't prepared at all for the 10 spot. Think every mock i did was 8th pick or earlier. 
My starting team is solid, but my bench leaves a lot to be desired.
It's always like that in a 12 man league....
After about the 12th pick, I didnt even know who I should pick up......
Almost went for a 2nd kicker or a 3rd defense.....LOLLLLLLLL
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 7:19am
I also kind of forgot (damn you alcohol) that we were in a keeper, and passed a couple younger guys in favor of veterans in the later rounds.  Probably would have made a few different decisions but it is what it is.  The only guy on my squad I even think has a chance of being kept is Lacy who I got in the 4th.  Maybe Kenny Stills in the 12th, but a lot has to happen for that.

It really is nuts how much different a 12 team squad ends up being over a 10 team.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 8:05am
Crabtree in the 16th :) 

IR Genius 
-zakk

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 8:07am
^ Damn you alcohol... or Mad Hatter IPA in my case. 

Trying to download the Yahoo FF app to my phone so I can see who I drafted, keeps failing.

Originally posted by lightning80

Yahoo gave a score of A+ for my autodraft LOL

Yes, Yahoo likes teams that carry 2 Kickers and 2 Defenses.  Clap

Looks like you will be rooting for the Lions this season, lightning.  As a lifelong fan of the toothless kitties all I can tell you is... good luck.

lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ Damn you alcohol... or Mad Hatter IPA in my case. 

Trying to download the Yahoo FF app to my phone so I can see who I drafted, keeps failing.

Yes, Yahoo likes teams that carry 2 Kickers and 2 Defenses.  Clap

Looks like you will be rooting for the Lions this season, lightning.  As a lifelong fan of the toothless kitties all I can tell you is... good luck.

Let's go Kitties, let's go! I was even cheering for the Tigers yesterday when they beat the A's in the 9th...

Stupid Yahoo...gave me 2 D's...AND with the same bye week...looks like i'll be dropping a K and a D to pick up some scrubs...
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Sintexo

Son of a... there goes my Giants short game.

Who drafted Andre Brown?  Broke his leg again... Wilson's value just went up.

One of those damn autodrafters took Wilson 2 picks in front of me. Angry

Yea that news made my decision of going for Lamar Miller over David Wilson a friggin disaster of a pick. Oh well.

I thought I had a pretty decent draft, but apparently Yahoo thought differently and gave me the worst draft grade. Although the auto-draft did get an A+ so I think I'll be OK.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 9:42am
So now that Brown is out for at least 4-8 weeks, I've basically decided my keepers are going to be D.Wilson (7th), Cruz (9th), R.Wilson (12th).

My first pick is easy, taking the best RB available at pick 8 of 10.  My conundrum is what to do in the 2nd round, whether to go WR or RB.  If Forte or Dez is still around, I'm going to pick whichever is there.  However, I don't think either will be there, so it looks like the best available will be some combination of:

RB: CJ2k, MJD, Jackson
WR: Marshall, Julio, Fitz

Thoughts? 
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 9:52am

lmao, nothing like the pc giving itself a pat on the back. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 10:04am
ctoma: sent you trade proposal, so i wouldn't have to cheer for the kittens' ground game...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 10:08am

lmao, nothing like the pc giving itself a pat on the back. 

yeah..stupid yahoo took backups for TE, Def, and K before taking a backup QB...then gave itself a A+..Dead
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 10:38am
lol, I actually ended up with 3 rookies.

I have 7 RBs, haha. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by getkong

lol, I actually ended up with 3 rookies.

I have 7 RBs, haha. 

I'll take one of your RBs for my backup Def...haha
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 10:53am
Damn JJ, drafted 3 DEFs?

Ha, looking at everybody's teams, lots of good starting rosters, with some terrible benches.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 12:32pm

Damn JJ, drafted 3 DEFs?

Ha, looking at everybody's teams, lots of good starting rosters, with some terrible benches.

Ya I don't think much is gonna come up through the waver wire either, so better pray your team doesn't have any injuries.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 2:45pm

Damn JJ, drafted 3 DEFs?

Ya I don't think much is gonna come up through the waver wire either, so better pray your team doesn't have any injuries.
Yep waiver wire is dryer than a potheads mouth full of crackers.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2013 at 3:09pm
As the season goes on, there will be someone on the waiver wire worth picking up.. just a matter of getting to them first.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2013 at 1:38pm
Anyone pick Dwyer?  He was just cut
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 7:15pm
What do you guys think about my other keeper team?  I like it, but Yahoo apparently doesn't

Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Stafford, R. Wilson
RB: McCoy, CJ2k, D. Wilson, Bradshaw
WR: Cruz, V. Jackson, Garcon, Gordon, Blackmon
TE: Finley
DEF: Cincinatti
K: Walsh
PUP (riding the bench for next year): Crabtree

Also, I think the TruSnow forums are on their way out.  Only some of the threads seem to update when new posts are made, and the staff doesn't really seem to give a sh*t.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2013 at 12:48pm
Yea my guess is you'll prob get more of a response on the fantasy board than in here.

****Crickets

****Crickets

Also, you just gave Zakk an ego boost stealing his keeper move.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2013 at 1:26pm
I aimed for Harvin, but he went a few picks before me.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2013 at 2:50pm
Do we have a IR/PUP spot in our league?
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2013 at 3:15pm
Na, you just have to use up one of your bench spots.  Don't really have a problem in this league, cause our benches are so big and there is never really anybody on the waivers.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2013 at 4:21pm
Just did a work draft and of course the 3 teams that autodrafted all received A's for the draft grade, lol. Everyone else B or C
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2013 at 6:09pm
I had my draft a few weeks ago before everyone left for school. It was pretty fun, we had a draft party at Applebees and everyone was there. We all sat around the table in the draft order so everyone was just talking trash the whole time (all in the name of competition of course).
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2013 at 9:50am
captured the draft and uploaded to Google Docs.  check the league forums for a link.  I'll track keepers from there.  
-zakk

jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 8:19am
wow......Peyton farking Manning.......crazy.........
In one of my money leagues, I'm going against a guy who has both Peyton and Welker....sigh.....
Week 1 is done for me unless ADP scores like 4 TDs.....hahaha
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 9:09am
Ya this was a bad week to play Peyton, thanks for this ass kickin B deep. On the bright side I drafted J. Thomas, he's lookin like my keeper. Now if I only played him instead of Rudolph
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 9:22am
In my friend's league, I picked Peyton w/ the 3rd pick in the 1st round instead of getting a RB, going against conventional wisdom...his performance last night made that decision look pretty good LOL I also started taking IDP player starting in round 4. Call me crazy..but I have the highest projected points every week and slated to go undefeated for the season with this strategy. Clap
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 10:38am
In my money league I had Decker...got me 3 points.  3 point when your QB threw for close to 500 yards and 7 TD is is shameful.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 11:30am

Damn JJ, drafted 3 DEFs?

Haha. Yea. That far into the draft, I didnt see too many players I wanted.
I already had a back up rb and couple of wr's so I just started taking DEF's out cause I know there are a lot of people that just waits to pick up Def at the end of the draft.
It's a bench DEF for me, but it can be a starting DEF in someone else's team.
Plus, I can shuffle around the DEF depending on matches.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 11:34am

In my money league I had Decker...got me 3 points.  3 point when your QB threw for close to 500 yards and 7 TD is is shameful.
I hear you man....I have him in my main money league too......farking shiet.....and he dropped a TD pass.....I was yelling at that point.....
I just hope Peyton gives him more looks starting next week.....haha
Or else, I might have to start DeSean Jackson over Decker.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 1:17pm
I do not have much confidence in my team this season... my fault, I was not prepared for the draft.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by jjfreak

I hear you man....I have him in my main money league too......farking shiet.....and he dropped a TD pass.....I was yelling at that point.....
I just hope Peyton gives him more looks starting next week.....haha
Or else, I might have to start DeSean Jackson over Decker.
Fortunately for me, in the league I have Decker, he's on the bench this week. But, I sure hope Manning doesn't loose confidence in him. He did not look good at all last night. I was listening on the radio when he dropped a pass and Collisworth was saying he'd better get his act together and focus on football instead of his TV show.

In my friend's league, I picked Peyton w/ the 3rd pick in the 1st round
Congratz, but that's exactly why I didn't get Manning in any of my leagues this year. I had him in a bunch of leagues last year because of the value, but he was going way too high for me this season. Of course if he throws 7 TDs a game all year...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 7:28am
Yahoo autopick smoked me this week.

Another season starting out playing the highest scoring team, same $hit, different year.

Also I'm changing the name of my team in my money league to the Underperformers.  Check out this motley crew of guys who failed to live up to their expectations this week:

Eric Decker
Chris Johnson
Marshawn Lynch
Zack Sudfield

15.4 points for the 4 of those guys TOTAL!!!  My opponent got 16.4 just for Marshall alone.

I think winning my leagues two years in a row cursed me for the remainder of my fantasy days lol.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 9:07am
I think I'm currently sitting at 1/3 of my win total from last year.  So that's good.

Was able to win all of my leagues that I didn't play Peyton...  And I still have a chance at beating one of the teams, albeit a tiny one.  Tate + my lead of 19 must be more than Foster, Daniels, and Houston D.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 11:14am

Yahoo autopick smoked me this week.

Another season starting out playing the highest scoring team, same $hit, different year.

C'mon, don't give up yet. You still have Arian Foster and Owen Daniels going tonight. They can get your more than 60pts between them...yeah...
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2013 at 3:00pm
I need the RBs in tonights game to perform well... unlike most of the RBs yesterday. Only one RB with 100+ rushing yards? At least a few of them had big receiving days. I'm not sure if this week backs up the theory about RBs being the most valuable position for fantasy.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 6:44am
Originally posted by dking

I need the RBs in tonights game to perform well... unlike most of the RBs yesterday. Only one RB with 100+ rushing yards? At least a few of them had big receiving days. I'm not sure if this week backs up the theory about RBs being the most valuable position for fantasy.

First year I have really tried the top RB strategy, so far getting worked in both my leagues.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 8:56am
Wow, ESPN leagues are stupid.  I had the last pick in a 14 team league, so you'd think I'd have the top waiver position.  Which is great, cause my flex play is Vereen, and my bench isn't very deep.  Well Vereen is injured now, so I went to claim Edelman off waivers.  Apparently ESPN switches waiver priorities every week, so because I won, I now have the 14th waiver position.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 9:39am

Wow, ESPN leagues are stupid.  I had the last pick in a 14 team league, so you'd think I'd have the top waiver position.  Which is great, cause my flex play is Vereen, and my bench isn't very deep.  Well Vereen is injured now, so I went to claim Edelman off waivers.  Apparently ESPN switches waiver priorities every week, so because I won, I now have the 14th waiver position.
It's not just ESPN. Most leagues are set up like that. Well, most leagues that I play in. It's up to the commissioner on how they want to set it up.
The waiver changes every week so that the last place at the end of that week has top waiver and first place has last waiver.
Actually doesnt hurt to lose the first week so you get top waiver priority.....haha
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 9:52am

It's not just ESPN. Most leagues are set up like that. Well, most leagues that I play in. It's up to the commissioner on how they want to set it up.
The waiver changes every week so that the last place at the end of that week has top waiver and first place has last waiver.
Actually doesnt hurt to lose the first week so you get top waiver priority.....haha
Yea definitely abuse of the system lol.  I think it should be a rolling Waiver system, at least that is how I have always set it up when I ran leagues.  The weekly one does give the lower placing teams more of a chance later in the season which is good though.  Everything has a trade off.
diviesti View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote diviesti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 10:37am
I have a bad habit of not picking players if they've burned me in the past. Looks like Mccoy is going to beast and feast in the Eagles new offense. Hating myself for avoiding him right about now.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 10:40am
Yea, I've only ever played with rolling waivers.  Adjusting based on one week is stupid, because of how deep the league was, the one possibly two injuries I sustained this week could easily put my starting lineup as worst in the league.  I should have been able to make a decent claim with the rolling waivers, but now I can't get anyone.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 10:53am

The weekly adjusting waivers can lead to abuse...lose on purpose the first few weeks and get some breakout players..giving them an advantage over other teams for the rest of the season...

jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 1:02pm
^ Yea, but I would never want to lose on purpose just to get waiver priority.....haha
The weekly one is more fair 3-4 weeks into the season because it gives the bottom 2-3 teams a chance to pick up some up and coming players to get back into the game.
But yea, pretty much unfair for the first 2 weeks.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Quote dking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2013 at 3:02pm

The weekly adjusting waivers can lead to abuse...lose on purpose the first few weeks and get some breakout players..giving them an advantage over other teams for the rest of the season...
That only really works for the first week as it takes your overall record to set waiver priority that week. So if you were in first place after a few weeks into the season, your waiver priority won't change very much from one loss.

^ Yea, but I would never want to lose on purpose just to get waiver priority.....haha
The weekly one is more fair 3-4 weeks into the season because it gives the bottom 2-3 teams a chance to pick up some up and coming players to get back into the game.
But yea, pretty much unfair for the first 2 weeks.
I agree the weekly adjustment is more fair, giving the "worse" teams higher waiver priority. But it would have been nice if it could be set (just for the first week) to the reverse of the draft order to eliminate any shenanigans, like purposely losing week 1 to get a higher waiver position.

That being said, I don't really mind the rolling option where it's initally set to the reverse of the draft order and teams move to the bottom of the list only when they make a waiver claim. That gives some advantage to those teams that don't make as many waiver claims so they have priority when the need it.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2013 at 4:28pm

no talking smack from ctoma this week...so disappointing...Tongue

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2013 at 8:16am
Anyone have a surplus of TEs and need a WR?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 10:53am

Anyone have a surplus of TEs and need a WR?

you want dallas clark? propose away.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>