Soft board Recommendation for Butters/Jib

Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dukey22 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dukey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soft board Recommendation for Butters/Jib
    Posted: Sep/15/2013 at 7:47pm
Hey,

So I ride a 155cm Ride Machete with Forum Republics and Hails Boots. I wanted to play around with a soft board this season and I was wondering if someone could recommend a decent board and size to check out.   Thanks.
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2013 at 9:33pm
K2 WWW
Rome Artifact
Rome Artifact Rocker
Signal Park Rocker
Etc.

Need your weight for size of board.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 13 Union Rosa
Dukey22 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Dukey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2013 at 9:56pm
175lb 5 7"

Thank you.
vicente View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2013 at 10:26pm
nitro sub zero is cool not to many noodles out there with that kind of hybrid camber, and the thrive accomplice is really fun very poppy for a noodle esp one in it's price range, google thrive snowboards and their site will show up. 
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2013 at 10:42pm
If you're keeping your Machete, you can probably get down to 153.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 13 Union Rosa
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2013 at 10:59am
My buddy is around 5'5" and 150 lbs. - he can press and butter the hell out of his Rome Artifact Rocker 150cm.

bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2013 at 12:31pm
I recommend trying out the rome artifact and the lib tech skate bananas size down maybe to 150-153cm they will be soft as a noodle if you want to play around on the hill.
Dukey22 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Dukey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2013 at 1:46pm
Anyone try the NeverSummer Evo?
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2013 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by 2zz

K2 WWW
Rome Artifact
Rome Artifact Rocker
Signal Park Rocker
Etc.

Need your weight for size of board.
+1 to this

I most highly recommend the Rome Artifact, camber version in 153 cm. It has an effective edge that's stretched out longer than most other boards even of larger sizes; the QuickRip sidecut gives great turn initiation but can stay on edge for longer carves. The rocker version is too soft. Standing still, I can press and hold the tail 90 degrees perpendicular the ground-- that's too much flex. I'm on my second Artifact Rocker after blowing out the edges from a tail block on the first one. Few words can adequately describe Signal Park Rocker's flex, which is the furthest on this spectrum-- difficult to recommend it if you want to enjoy other parts of the resort, including jumps. Signal makes a more sensible Rocker Light, whose reverse camber has been reduced by half and it rides very much like a looser version of the Rome Artifact Rocker. K2 WWW is a fantastic board for butters and jibs once you break it in to its normal flex. Its flat-to-rocker profile worked great on kickers and ground tricks, I found, good pop, and it's a good ride all over the hill.
Boarderin View Drop Down
Local
Local
Sella Nevea Italy 2012: I-FREE Finals - Italian Freeride Circuit

Quote Boarderin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 10:58am
Ride Crush is one of the softest Ive tried, for you weight it might be too soft, maybe a DH² also from Ride. That has more pop in the nose and tail. I would suggest around a 154, maybe a 152 or 154 for the DH². 

The Lib Tech Skate Banana feels quite a bit stiffer to me and it weighs considerably more than both of the Rides mentioned above. I can only say the best things about their bases however: they are hands down the strongest and most resilient to core shots I have ever seen. I love Lib Tech boards on any terrain. Here you can easily go a bit shorter thanks to the rocker too... 152 would likely be fun. 
Gnu is now together with Lib Tech and although I have only demoed the pickle once a few years back, I believe the Gnu line is quite a bit softer than the Lib brothers.

From the Burton empire there are 2 boards that I have really enjoyed jibbing around on. One is the Aftermath, a soft camber and the Forum Honey Pot which felt a little stiffer but was all-around super playful. Those I would also go with a 152-155
Learn to snowboard. Cuz life's too short to waste it...                  Skiing!!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Dukey22

Anyone try the NeverSummer Evo?

I have the Evo youth version and it's stiffer than I expected it to be but maybe I still need to break it in because it's still fairly new.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 11:52am
^ I though you preferred things to be stiffer?
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2013 at 5:44pm
He chan...ged mang! He changed.

Signal Park Rocker is soft but not as flexy in the mid section as the Artifact Rock nor the WWW. Is its shape of the rocker that makes it feel soft. You'll either love it or hate it. It feels super surfy. I'm 125lbs and am on a 147 Vita Rocker, female version of Park Rocker. With that size, I still take it to groomers on icy days and its awesome in pow.
Boarderin View Drop Down
Local
Local
Sella Nevea Italy 2012: I-FREE Finals - Italian Freeride Circuit

Quote Boarderin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 8:54am
You mean me Sideways99 ? If so then yeah I do now, but started off preferring the soft boards. Have pretty much only switched since I started riding freeride comps.  Thumbs Up
Learn to snowboard. Cuz life's too short to waste it...                  Skiing!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 12:07pm
For riding fast and hard, I do prefer something long and hard but OP is looking for something soft for buttering and jibs.
koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I do prefer something long and hard
Haha. 

OP, check out the Capita Horrorscope for reverse camber and Capita Thunderstick (new version of Stairmaster) for regular camber.  
koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 3:14pm

I do prefer something long and hard
Haha. 

OP, check out the Capita Horrorscope for reverse camber and Capita Thunderstick (new version of Stairmaster) for regular camber.  
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 10:20pm
^+1
O I forgot, I love Capita boards too. Definitely check out Horrorscope, Indoor Survival, and Stairmaster.
Wish they made a smaller Sierrascope.
Dukey22 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Dukey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2013 at 12:10am
So many choices lol

How do you guys feel about a soft camber board to a soft Rocker board in terms of tricks and jumps?
Dukey22 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Dukey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2013 at 1:17pm
So many choices lol

How do you guys feel about a soft camber board to a soft Rocker board in terms of tricks and jumps?
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Dukey22

So many choices lol

It's more of a preference. Depends on what you like/expect, types of terrain (street, park, resorts, etc.), your skill level, riding style, etc.

We can spend all day comparing camber to rocker, camber is poppier, rocker is less catchy but more sketchy, etc. There'll be advantage/disadvantage one over the other, but is about 90% on rider and 10% on gear.

If you don't have a board already, go with camber.
If you have a board, go with the other camber profile.
If your riding level is beginner, go with camber and learn your edges before going to rocker.
If you're torn between the two, there's always flat camber.
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2013 at 6:14pm
Could try TBT? I rode a friends lobster jib this season, it was super fun to muck around. It is a noodle though. I'm thinking of getting a lobster park, or a bataleon this season. (currently riding a machete also btw). Selling it and going to 2 board quiver before hitting Japan in Jan.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by 2zz

If you don't have a board already, go with camber.
If you have a board, go with the other camber profile.
If your riding level is beginner, go with camber and learn your edges before going to rocker.
If you're torn between the two, there's always flat camber.

Sounds like someone has a camber bias.  LOL
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 2:16pm

Sounds like someone has a camber bias.  LOL

Is only camber fever! Lol.
I'm bias with camber because is great to learn on. It will teach proper edge control, balance, etc better and give a better sense of security due to easily locking and holding on to an edge. All of which will boost confidence and speed up progression. Too many new riders are starting with rocker because they see the marketing term "catch free" and all I see is them washing out and forming bad habits.

I miss camber.
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by 2zz

Too many new riders are starting with rocker because they see the marketing term "catch free" and all I see is them washing out and forming bad habits.

I miss camber.
I agree with this, but I think some flexibility in the argument would come from how serious the novice takes their riding development. But I would agree that more forgiving equipment means more likelihood of sloppy technique going unpunished.

I'm going back to full camber too. I'm stuck now with a rocker board because of warranty. Going way, way stiffer, full camber twin by March for sure... a jump board for sending it big. Possibry a DC just like fj5?Shocked
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Lux

I'm going back to full camber too. I'm stuck now with a rocker board because of warranty. Going way, way stiffer, full camber twin by March for sure... a jump board for sending it big. Possibry a DC just like fj5?Shocked

So you can be matching twinsies with Fj5?  LOL  Yeah, I'm waiting on pulling the trigger on a camber as well.
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 6:05pm
I don't know what kind of camber deck I want still...hmmm...

Originally posted by Lux

I agree with this, but I think some flexibility in the argument would come from how serious the novice takes their riding development.

Yup, totally agree.
nalhcal View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote nalhcal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2013 at 7:24am
Lobster Jibboard, but thats mainly because I am a big fan of TBT.

I rode a Capita Horrorscope for a couple of seasons, it was fun and super soft.
oyrtpoe View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote oyrtpoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2013 at 12:07am
日本の割引ゴルフ用品

理由は、日本では、日本の割引ゴルフ用品は、現在、米国での割引ゴルフ用品(タイトリストMB 714)よりも良い割引を提供しているため存在している。あなたがレビューを読むと、すべての消費者が言っているかに注意を払う。あなたは、PGAのゴルフ専門家が残したレビューを見つけることが起こる場合は、それらはあなたが最も注意を払う必要がありますレビューはあり。それは彼らが専門家だという理由だけではありませんが、彼らは、定期的にテストするための装置を送っているので。したがって、彼らは平均的なゴルファーよりもはるかに多くの機器を見てきました。彼らは際立っていたか覚えて、彼らを失望させ何でしょう。
あなたが印象的なレビューを見つけたら、事前のオンライン割引ゴルフ用品の購入に考慮すべきその他の要因が残っています。一つは、無料配達です。サイトは無料配達を提供していない場合は、単にそのサイトに渡す。もう一つの要因は、リターンする。あなたが製品に満足していないのであれば、彼らは、特定の時間枠内でリターンを許可しますか?をこれは必然であってはならないが、それは素敵なボーナスです。次に、さまざまなを探します。あなたが今だけのゴルフクラブを探している場合でも、将来的にはティー、アイアンセット、または手袋のための狩りになる場合があります。それは、すべてのインターネット上でホップすることで複数のサイトとの関係を確立することをお勧めします。 1英国のゴルフの割引サイトに固執することは簡単に検索し、より良い顧客サービスのためになります。

Post Reply Post Reply