NHL 2013/2014 Forum

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 10>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2013/2014 Forum
    Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 6:56pm
Didn't see one out there for a new season so here goes.  Hoping for a stronger season from the Avs this time around, although I had to look at the roster a couple of times.  Who the hell are some of these guys?
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2013 at 9:08pm
Sabres didn't look too good tonight.A lot of young players with "potential" but management hasn't made any moves in years to bring players in. You can't expect go go far like that.

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 8:56am
Looking forward to another run at the cup by the Kings...
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 9:28am
My Stars are undefeated!!!! Well, because they haven't played any games yet...but we'll overlook that...LOL
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 9:41am
Sharks v Canucks tonight! Stoked to get the season started.

Roy was my favorite player growing up. Funny to see him push down that glass/plastic barrier last night.
lienair View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lienair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 12:16pm
Patrick Roy getting the season started with a bang. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 5:52pm
It's been a while since I could say this but the Leafs are 2-0!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2013 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by sideways99

Didn't see one out there for a new season so here goes.  Hoping for a stronger season from the Avs this time around, although I had to look at the roster a couple of times.  Who the hell are some of these guys?
Yeah the sakic/forsberg/roy days are long gone. I can prolly name Duschene but that's it.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by lienair

Patrick Roy getting the season started with a bang. Can't wait to see what he does next.

Can't wait for the Avs/Nucks matchup more so Roy vs Tortorella.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 12:31pm
As an Avs fan I'm happy to see Roy behind the bench and Sakic in the front office.  The organization needed changes in leadership and I think these 2 will complement each other well.  Roy's competitive nature will provide the fire this team needs.  Looking forward to a fun season!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 12:46pm
Edit:  Damn double-post.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2013 at 2:07pm

As an Avs fan I'm happy to see Roy behind the bench and Sakic in the front office.  The organization needed changes in leadership and I think these 2 will complement each other well.  Roy's competitive nature will provide the fire this team needs.  Looking forward to a fun season!

As a Stars fan, I dislike them both...Angry
lilianjie View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote lilianjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 12:07am
As an Avs fan I'm satisfied to RS Gold see Roy behind the regular and Sakic in the top side workplace. The company required changes in authority and I think these 2 will supplement each other well. Roy's aggressive characteristics will offer the flame this group needs. Eager for
WOW Gold Buy a fun season! Didn't see one out there for a new year so here goes. Expecting for a more powerful year from the Avs now around, although I had to look at WOW Gold For Sale the list twice. Who the terrible are some of these guys?
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Quote Redheaderr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 7:51am
Usually great players make bad coaches though.  Bad players make better coaches because they had to work harder to learn everything whereas great players just rely more on their natural talent.  2-0 so far though.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Redheaderr

Usually great players make bad coaches though.  Bad players make better coaches because they had to work harder to learn everything whereas great players just rely more on their natural talent.  2-0 so far though.
You must be talking bout Gretzky coaching the Yotes. Yeah talent is one thing but coaching requires a totally different skillset.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Redheaderr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Big Sky, Montana

Quote Redheaderr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2013 at 11:20pm
Gretzkey, along with Bart Starr, Bryan Trottier, Isiah Thomas, and I'd argue Mike Ditka too what with the Ricky Williams debacle.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2013 at 1:30pm
Nice win by the Leafs. It's been a long time since I've seen them at the top of a division.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 11:21am
it's so hard to find hockey games to watch on tv...we get more pre-season nba games than hockey...sucks...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 12:26pm
Avs are 2-0, nice start to the season.

Varlamov is looking good through the first 2 games allowing just one goal in each game and posting a .968 save %.  Tanguay's return to CO is going well so far, 3 assists in 2 games. 

Keep rolling, Avs!

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 1:36pm
That was fast! Laviolette fired after just 3 games in.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 1:38pm
I'm not really seeing the reasoning behind firing a coach after an 0-3 start.  A) hockey season is pretty long, and B) Really? 3 games?  So now a new coach has 0 time to work with the team?  

wouldn't you think they would have seen this coming, so they should have just put a new coach in during the off season?

/ two pennies
// no dog in this fight, just an observation
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

I'm not really seeing the reasoning behind firing a coach after an 0-3 start.  A) hockey season is pretty long, and B) Really? 3 games?  So now a new coach has 0 time to work with the team?  

wouldn't you think they would have seen this coming, so they should have just put a new coach in during the off season?

/ two pennies
// no dog in this fight, just an observation
What a mess in Philly. That management clearly has no patience whatsoever.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2013 at 2:30pm
The Stars have some funky scheduling. Their last game was Saturday. Then they don't play again until back-to-back away games on Friday and Saturday. Is it really that hard to schedule games more evenly spread out? Confused
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2013 at 4:24pm
Avs/Leafs go at it. Should be good to see who stays undefeated.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2013 at 7:08pm
meh. 3-1 isn't bad to start the season.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 6:10am
A  lot of scoring last night, the Shark's Hertl nets 4 goals and the Pen's Jokinen gets 3.

Sharks beat the Rangers 9-2?  Who was in net for NY, Craig Billington?  Nope, it was Henrik Lundqvist.  Bad night for Henrik.

Avs beat the Leafs to improve to 3-0.  Varlamov is playing out of his head, stopping 88 of 91 shots in the 3 games.  Love seeing Roy behind the bench.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 6:25am
Edit:  double post.

sdip12 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Stash

Quote sdip12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 8:51am
Bruins being 2-0 is great! They are looking real good this season. I don't know if anyone here watches the bruins but there gonna be a power house this year. We want the cup! whats everyone's thoughts on Krug?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 8:52am

A  lot of scoring last night, the Shark's Hertl nets 4 goals and the Pen's Jokinen gets 3.

Sharks beat the Rangers 9-2?  Who was in net for NY, Craig Billington?  Nope, it was Henrik Lundqvist.  Bad night for Henrik.

Avs beat the Leafs to improve to 3-0.  Varlamov is playing out of his head, stopping 88 of 91 shots in the 3 games.  Love seeing Roy behind the bench.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Roy had something to do with Varlamov's play so far.

As for Henrik, it was def a bad night by his standards. 4 goals is on him is crazy. Doesn't help that Biron gave up 5 in relief tho.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuggetuconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Von44

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Roy had something to do with Varlamov's play so far.

As for Henrik, it was def a bad night by his standards. 4 goals is on him is crazy. Doesn't help that Biron gave up 5 in relief tho.

Rangers didn't help Lundqvist. They played awful. It looked like a pro team against a minor league team
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 11:20am
Hertl's between-the-leg goal was pretty sweet Clap
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 11:43am
Originally posted by lightning80

That definitely was a highlight goal, sweet moves from the youngster.

Chicago and St. Louis tonight, should be a good game.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 3:23pm
More impressed that Hertl scored his four goals in 11 mins of ice time.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 5:50pm
Just saw the highlights of that rookie scoring four goals in one game. What an incredible player he's going to be.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2013 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by lightning80

That's a total hotdog move to pull especially when the score was already 8-2. I'm sure he'd get his head taken off if he were to try that again when it's a blowout.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2013 at 9:56pm
Nice 4-0 win in Nashville to right the ship.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2013 at 3:51am
Great comeback by the leafs! I'm likin the 5-1 start so far.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2013 at 2:06pm
Should be an easy win for the Leafs tonight against the Wild especially when Matt Cooke is their leading scorer.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2013 at 7:29pm
Still don't understand this new icing rule cuz that was costly to the Leafs loss. How do you shoot it down the length of the ice and have it waved off? Then to add insult to injury, it goes off Bernier's skate and in. But then again, Bernier wasn't very sharp tonight 3 goals on 14 shots. ouch!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2013 at 11:44am
Avs take their first loss of the season against Detroit (hey, wait a minute, aren't they in the Eastern Conference now...?).  Varlamov had a bad game but we can't expect him to keep playing at the pace he was before last night's game.

Moving on Colorado has a 2 game road trip against Buffalo and Pittsburgh, I'm really looking forward to the Penguins game.  Should be a good measuring stick to see what we really have with the Avs this season.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2013 at 12:27pm
The Sharks win streak would have ended sooner or later..I'm just glad that it's the Stars that did it Star
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2013 at 1:57pm
Absolute mess in Philly sitting dead last. NJ is higher and don't even have a win yet.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2013 at 7:32pm
And so the Leafs slide begins.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2013 at 9:45pm
Nice hat trick by Kessel to get the Leafs back on track. I was almost ready to put the paperbag on my head for Halloween.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2013 at 1:37pm
Finally nice to see Clarkson play tonight for the Leafs after a 10 game suspension. He'll come out like a bull to a china shop.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2013 at 2:33pm
Thought the Avs would've faded by now after their hot start. Really keeping things close with the sharks.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 9:20pm
Leafs keep on rolling. But anticipating the annual December slide.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2013 at 11:53am
Wonderful, Varlamov arrested and facing charges of second-degree kidnapping and third-degree assault.  Just what the Avs did not need.  Good old Patty Roy has to be beside himself right now.

On the plus side the Avs trade Steve Downie to the Flyers for Maxime Talbot.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 3:59am
Leafs get shutout by the nucks and to make things worse...another injury to the entire position.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 5:49pm
Avs improve to 12-1 with JSG in net... Giguere may need to get comfortable in net depending on how the Varlamov situation works out.

12-1... nice start Patty Roy, keep it rolling!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>