NHL 2013/2014 Forum

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 78910>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2013/2014 Forum
    Posted: May/31/2014 at 8:55am
Tough pill to swallow last night at the Staples...fun game to be at though despite the loss.  It would be easy to think the Hawks now have the upper hand but this LA team is resilient.  Whoever gets the breaks will win the game.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2014 at 1:59pm
Nothing better than a Game 7, meanwhile the Rangers are resting and waiting.

Regardless of which team from the Western Conf goes to the Cup Finals I am predicting that team will beat the Rangers.  
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by sideways99

Nothing better than a Game 7, meanwhile the Rangers are resting and waiting.

Regardless of which team from the Western Conf goes to the Cup Finals I am predicting that team will beat the Rangers.  

Lundqvist is the wild card there...but yeah I agree with you.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2014 at 8:56pm
Wow, this western conf finals is a dog fight. Kudos to the Hawks on clawing their way back to force a game 7. Nice to see Kane light it up!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2014 at 6:46pm
I don't know if I can take this... Chicago scores the first 2, LA comes back with 2, Chicago scores another to take a 3-2 lead into the first intermission.  Midway through the 2nd period LA scores to tie the game.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2014 at 9:41pm
All i gotta say is that was a hell of a series!!! Congrats to the Kings on winning the stanley cup.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2014 at 5:54am
I guess I can focus on baseball now...

Great game, great series.  Tough way to lose, a wrister from the point deflected by Blackhawks D-man Leddy.

I think the Rangers will win 2 games but the Kings will win the Cup for the second time in 3 years.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2014 at 1:55pm
^ Rangers could win the whole shebang if Kreider decides to "accidentally" fall and slide into Quick. Actually that would probably just even things.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2014 at 8:35am
This King team helps to justify the hours spent watching sports. To lose two brutal games and then go down 3 times and then win was pretty incredible...not to mention down 3-0 to Sharks and 3-2 to Ducks. If they win the cup it will go down as a truly memorable playoff run in LA sports history.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2014 at 5:11am
I think Lundqvist is the biggest determining factor in how the Rangers do.  If Henrik is on his game he can shut down any team.  

It should be a good series, I'm picking LA in 6.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2014 at 10:15am
Stanley Cup Finals starts tonight in LA. The Kings have been the lower seed the entire playoffs. This is the only series where they have home ice advantage. Although having home ice in the playoffs hasn't meant much. The Rangers have been the lower seed in the past 2 rounds as well. Most people are predicting the Kings to win it. But, Quick hasn't been playing that well. I think it's going to a pretty close series and the Rangers take it in 7 at Staples.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2014 at 5:09pm
If the Rangers are going to win they probably need to do it in 6.  I am obviously taking my Kings. You always have to be a little concerned when your team is so heavily favored.  

Definitely would not have guessed at the beginning of the playoffs the Kings O would have been the factor getting them to the finals.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2014 at 9:32pm
That game was closer than expected. Costly mistake by Girardi. Dead Rangers need to come out with a split if they're to have any sort of chance.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2014 at 11:15am
Rangers came out strong and took a 2-0 lead..only to lose in OT. NY lost momentum was grossly outshot in the 3rd period. I think NY can still win in 7.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2014 at 3:34pm
I'm also thinking New York in 7. The next game will be a big one, they definitely need to steal one of the first two games.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Von44

That game was closer than expected. Costly mistake by Girardi. Dead Rangers need to come out with a split if they're to have any sort of chance.

Yeah, Girardi really blew it.  Too bad for the Rangers but the Kings capitalize on mistakes and cashed in on this one.  When NY went up 2-0 in the first 15 minutes I thought this would turn into a blowout but Quick regained his form and shut them down the rest of the game.  Feel bad for Lundqvist, stopped 40 shots and made some great stops.

This should shape up to be a better series than I expected.
w00tw00t858 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2014 at 10:37pm
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2014 at 11:46pm
Pens fired Bylsma today. Who didn't see that coming after a horrible playoffs.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2014 at 11:50pm
Totally forgot Regehr has been injured since the anaheim series. This team is so deep, it's crazy!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2014 at 6:00am
I think this series will go 7 games.  Both teams are deep, both teams have strong goaltending.  I'll pick the Kings in 7.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2014 at 7:31am
Originally posted by sideways99

Originally posted by Von44

Yeah, Girardi really blew it.  Too bad for the Rangers but the Kings capitalize on mistakes and cashed in on this one.  When NY went up 2-0 in the first 15 minutes I thought this would turn into a blowout but Quick regained his form and shut them down the rest of the game.  Feel bad for Lundqvist, stopped 40 shots and made some great stops.

This should shape up to be a better series than I expected.

Quick never lost his form.  The first goal was a blast upper v on a break away...not a goalie on earth had a chance on that one...and the second goal was a save on another breakaway that bounced off his Voynov's skate.  Quick was outstanding the entire game.

Interesting that people are still predicting Rangers in 7 in this forum.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2014 at 6:01pm
Holy crap, don't look now but NY is up 3-1.  I forgot the game was today and just tuned in.

Quick is not outstanding so far today, 3 goals on 20 shots.
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 1:01am
kings kings kings! Clap
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 7:54am
Wow, only 2 games in and 2 OT games... great series so far, so much back and forth action. 

I missed the controversial goal, apparently Kings winger King (appropriate name for a player in LA) was jostling with NY d-man McDonagh and fell onto Lundqvist as the puck crossed the goal line.  The refs called it a goal, Lundqvist thought it should be goalie interference.  

Rule 69 – “Interference on the Goalkeeper” – takes up 2-1/2 pages of the NHL rulebook. It is full of nuance, and it requires judgment. It does not allow for video review. The referees have one split-second look to make an incredibly difficult call.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 9:42am
It was a tough break for Rangers on that play. Definitely could have seen interference on the play but it did look like Lundqvist made a lunge at him to try and get him out of the way as well...either way good break for Kings.

Kings are fortunate to be up 2-0 after not playing their best hockey.

Look for Regehr to replace Greeen in Game 3 and expect an overall boost to the D.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 10:20pm
Totally missed the game cuz of a wedding. Damn went into 2OT this time and the Rangers with a 2 goal lead again. But they gotta start closing it out.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 10:45pm
kings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2014 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by w00tw00t858

Care to elaborate?
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2014 at 8:51am

kings kings kings! Clap

Wow..thanks for 2 useless posts. So, we know you're a Kings fan...but..how does that help any of us? What about sharing your predictions, your analysis of the games, players, strategies, etc.?

From the 2 games, it would appear that the Rangers are playing like the better team. But, the Kings have been able to put the puck behind the line in OT. Otherwise, the two teams are extremely close. I predict the Rangers to take the next 2 games in NY.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2014 at 10:09am
^^^ One of his worthless posts has been spammed, so it's a start.  There are many others that should be spammed.

Series heading to NY now, I think Lundqvist is going to put his team on his back and carry them in game 3.  My prediction:

NY   3
LA   1

No OT this time.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2014 at 2:04pm
^ agreed, I think Rangers take the win 3-1 in regulation as well. Kings have been pretty lucky to be up 2 games but not tonight.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2014 at 9:14pm
Quick was in true form tonight making saves no one on planet earth can make.

Right now mvp favorites from the kings would be Williams, Kopitar, Carter...in that order.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2014 at 10:44pm
Oh man Kings up 3-0 in a game the Rangers needed to win. Wrap it up, this series is over!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2014 at 4:58am
Wow, last night's game puts me right around the 15% mark for prediction accuracy... if you;re a gambler take a look at my predictions and pick the opposite.

Quick was outstanding in his first game at MSG, a 32 save shutout.

About the only prediction I made lately that is taking shape is when I said who ever comes out of the Western Conference will win the Cup, it's looking good so far.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2014 at 9:07am
Huge disparity between the shots on goal, Rangers had 32 and Kings only had 15. But Quick was all over it. To me, the Rangers played better overall, but the goaltending is the difference. It's starting to look like a Finals sweep if Quick continues to play like this...
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2014 at 4:16pm
Rangers have been playing great, just having trouble burying the puck in the back of the net. I think they'll find a rhythm tonight and get some momentum. I can honestly see this series going to  or even 7.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2014 at 9:16pm
Kings were the better hockey team tonight but did not win...give the Rangers credit for having heart and playing a good game.

Friday night will be rocking at the stadium. Ranger fans are really quiet barely heard a peep  out of them over the two games.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2014 at 10:23pm
Rangers avoid the sweep. Well deserved win. Now they just gotta win 3 more.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2014 at 5:43am
The difference in this game was Lundqvist.  Kings fired 41 shots, Rangers just 19.  Lundqvist did benefit from soft ice, too, as a couple shots trickled through him and stopped on the goal line.

I am picking the Kings to win game 4 and wrap up this series.

Kings......  2
Rangers... 1
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2014 at 6:01am
Dan Girardi has the worst luck. Got burned again for the Brown goal when his stick exploded. Seems every time LA scores, Girardi is on. I'd love to see a little miracle on ice where the Rangers can force a game 7 but I also think the Kings will win it at home.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2014 at 9:21am
I don't know if I'll go as far as saying that the Rangers deserved that win. Kings had more than double the shots an goal. And a few times the puck didn't go in for the Kings solely because of the ice condition after it went past Lundqvist. I predict LA will win the next one at home. Get ready for another riot in LA...the only way the Angelinos know how to celebrate anything...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2014 at 2:32pm
Still would love to see the Rangers comeback and force a game 7 but I think it ends here with a Kings blowout! That fat lady will sing tonight!!!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2014 at 10:19pm
Man what a game. I don't watch much hockey but that was a great game. Double OT. Would have loved a shootout 
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2014 at 12:32am
Its good to be a King :)

Was at the game...incredible.
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2014 at 12:36am
Originally posted by shwazy

Any craziness in the parking lot ?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2014 at 3:34am

Man what a game. I don't watch much hockey but that was a great game. Double OT. Would have loved a shootout 
I question what you were watching.

Congrats to Sutter and the Kings! 2 cups in 3 years with a conference finals in between is pretty impressive in a salary cap era. Though I keep contemplating what might have happened if it were Montreal instead.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2014 at 4:23am
Congrats to the Kings on clinching the Cup in the 2nd OT.  It was an entertaining, tense ending to an entertaining, tense series.  Justin Williams wins the Conn Smythe Trophy leading all players with 7 points in the Finals.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2014 at 7:12am

Originally posted by shwazy

Any craziness in the parking lot ?

Nope, people were celebrating but not acting like fools.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2014 at 11:43am
It is kind of nutty to think that the Kings are in the bottom third of the league when it comes to age...this team is still so young and with the advancement of Muzin, Tafolli, Pearson, and Martinez you have to think they can make a run at this for the next three years.

Not to say they will win another cup because it is so hard...but they will be in the conversation every year for the next 3 years at least barring dramatic injuries.

Early prediction would be the Kings, Blackhawks, or Ducks raise the cup next year...maybe Boston.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2014 at 1:36pm
^ They have a bright future but with any of the 4 major sports repeating as champion is very difficult.  Probably more so in hockey (IMO) because of the parity as well as how many teams make the playoffs.  Once you make the playoffs, even as an 8th seed, you have a shot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>