NHL 2013/2014 Forum

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 45678 10>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2013/2014 Forum
    Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 7:30pm
Looks like Hawks are gonna be without Toews now. But I'm sure they'll find a way to win without Kane and Toews with the depth they have.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 10:39am
Hope this slow dying death can stop now that the Leafs are playing the flamers tonight.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 11:26am
Only 8 games left for the Stars and they're 9th in pts right now. They finished the month of March strong winning 4 of the last 5. They'll need all the pts they can get to control their own post-season chances. I'm hoping they would have secured a spot in the playoffs before the last game against the current 8th seed Coyotes...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 7:54pm
Hallelujah the leafs won! Now they gotta run the table on the last 5 games to hopefully get a playoff spot.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 9:21am
Stars on a 3-game win streak and are now 8th in the West with a game-in-hand over the Coyotes Clap
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 1:41pm
Two home games left in leafsland. Too bad tmw night is against the B's. 
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 5:51pm
Avs beat Columbus 3-2 in OT last night to put them 3 points above Chicago in the standings.  

Duchene is out for at least 4 weeks... ouch, that really hurts. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2014 at 10:15am
With the Coyotes losing 3 in a row, the Stars are now sitting nicely in 8th with 2 less games played Star
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2014 at 1:03pm
^ The Western Conference is where it's at, whoever manages to win the conference will take the Stanley Cup.  So many teams playing well... St. Louis, Colorado, Anaheim, San Jose... and then a 7 or 8 seed can upset a 1 or 2 seed.  Playoff hockey is the best, can't wait for it to start.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 4:35am
Big win by the Leafs to stay alive. Gonna have to win all 4 games now that Wings and Jackets are ahead and each have two games in hand.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Software_Lax20 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 6:21am
Went to my first hockey game in 17 years last night. Blue won against the Sabres. Score should have been different but a win is a win. Blues need to stop passing and holding on to the puck and just let 'em fly. Can't score if you don't shoot.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 7:33am
Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 last night in a great game and preview of first round...gonna be an epic first round series.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 9:11am
Avs fight for a win a shootout and get another 2 points.  Tyson Barrie scored in the final minute of regulation and also score the game winner in the shootout.  Varlamov stopped all 5 shots in the shootout.  The win keeps CO 3 points above Chicago (who won in a shootout, too) in the standings.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 9:23am
Stars lost to Carolina and remained tied at 85pts for the 8th spot in the West. At least the Stars have 1 game in hand...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2014 at 9:40pm
Backes is a total dbag for going after a rookie. Glad the blues lost.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by sideways99

^ The Western Conference is where it's at, whoever manages to win the conference will take the Stanley Cup.  So many teams playing well... St. Louis, Colorado, Anaheim, San Jose... and then a 7 or 8 seed can upset a 1 or 2 seed.  Playoff hockey is the best, can't wait for it to start.

cant see a 7th or 8th seed upsetting this year in the west...6th for sure Wink
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 1:51pm
Leafs lose the last home game to the Jets. Bye bye playoffs.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 6:26am
Backes did nothing wrong. You're playing with the big boys, you have to know what's coming.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 6:35am
Patrick Roy needs to lay off his low t pills since he can't perform in be. His over aggressive attitude is not necessary in the NHL. You don't know what was said between Backes and MacKinnon. Backes was penalized fairly. Move on.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 6:35am
Patrick Roy needs to lay off his low t pills since he can't perform in bed. His over aggressive attitude is not necessary in the NHL. You don't know what was said between Backes and MacKinnon. Backes was penalized fairly. Move on.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Software_Lax20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 6:56am
A correction needs to be made. I watched the replay of the Backes/MacKinnon incident. Backes was probably heated and shouldn't have done what he did. But I stand by the fact that rookie or not, -50lbs or not, you're on the ice. And Roy needs to calm down.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 9:15am
Dallas with a 1pt lead with 4 games left. Good thing the Coyotes have a 4-game losing streak..otherwise, the Stars would be out...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Software_Lax20

A correction needs to be made. I watched the replay of the Backes/MacKinnon incident. Backes was probably heated and shouldn't have done what he did. But I stand by the fact that rookie or not, -50lbs or not, you're on the ice. And Roy needs to calm down.

That's pretty easy for you to say when you're the coach and Mackinnon isn't one of your skilled players that's being mugged by a veteran. I don't blame Roy for going off like that.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2014 at 10:40pm
So pumped playoffs start soon! Three straight wins for my Hawks without Kane or Toews. Loving the depth on the team. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2014 at 1:09pm
Canucks fire the GM Mike Gillis while the Lightning extend GM Steve Yzerman's contract another 4 years.

Avs playing in Edmonton tonight, need the win to keep a small lead over the Blackhawks in the standings.  Last 4 games of the season are all on the road for Colorado, nice job by the guy who makes the schedule...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2014 at 9:22am
Stars beat the Predators and now have a 2pts lead over the Coyotes for the 8th spot in the West. Only 3 games left..and the reg season finale is against Phoenix...that will likely be a playoffs game...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2014 at 12:31pm
Another year of disappointment for Leaf fans. Let the firings begin!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2014 at 10:54pm
Wow the west is ridiculous! Looking like a Hawks/Sharks first round matchup.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2014 at 10:05am
Things are not looking good for Dallas. They're 2pts ahead but only have 2 games left and play St. Louis next and will probably lose.

Phoenix has 3 games left. They will prob beat Nashville today and lose to Sharks before playing Dallas for the last game.

So, I think both teams would be at 89pts when they face each other at the end of the season. Loser goes home...Confused
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2014 at 6:33pm
Brendan Shanahan gonna be in charge of Leafs hockey operations. I hope this means changes are coming and not just something to appease the mad fan base and season ticket buyers.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 5:12am
^ As a player I always liked Shanahan, although my 2 teams (Blackhawks and Avs) played a lot of games against him.  I think he'll bring a no-nonsense approach to the Leafs and hopefully help straighten out that franchise.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 9:06am
Thank you Nashville, for beating Phoenix. If the Coyotes lose to the Sharks, then they would be out of the playoffs, regardless of the result of the season finale with Dallas, since Dallas wins the tiebreaker.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 1:10pm

^ As a player I always liked Shanahan, although my 2 teams (Blackhawks and Avs) played a lot of games against him.  I think he'll bring a no-nonsense approach to the Leafs and hopefully help straighten out that franchise.

Wait. You're a Hawks and Avs fan? How'd that happen? And who you gonna root for if both teams are in the conference finals?
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 1:32pm
^ I grew up in Chicago, moved to Colorado.  

Rooting for the Avs to go all the way although it will be difficult given a few injuries.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2014 at 9:31pm

Rooting for the Avs to go all the way although it will be difficult given a few injuries.

But who would you take to play for lord stanley?
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 11:29am
Thank god the Leafs season is over. I can't watch this train wreck anymore.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Von44

But who would you take to play for lord stanley?

Well, I'm rooting for the Avs but would not mind seeing the Blackhawks win another one.
yanwongrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote yanwongrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2014 at 3:37pm
rangers please
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2014 at 9:40am
Good thing the Stars had the playoffs spot wrapped up before playing Phoenix... Now, they get to play the Ducks in the 1st round. Go Stars!Star
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2014 at 6:18pm
Sharks/Kings first round. I'll take the Kings cuz Quick is just better than Niemi imo.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Good thing the Stars had the playoffs spot wrapped up before playing Phoenix... Now, they get to play the Ducks in the 1st round. Go Stars!Star

Wonder if Seguin is gonna go on a drinking binge again? I would think he learned his lesson with Boston last year.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 7:18am
Red Wings playing the Bruins in round 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, let's see if the Wings can pull off some playoff magic like they did last season knocking off #2 seed Anaheim in the first round and pushing the eventual SC Champ Blackhawks to 7 games.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 10:21am
Avs taking on the Wild tomorrow night, first game of the series.  I'm looking for CO to come out strong and establish the tempo early.  It will be must-see TV.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 10:06pm
With Gaborik in the lineup Kings offense ranked in the top ten in the league...look for them to "upset" the sharks.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 7:25am
Man the stars almost came back from 4 down.  Hope to see them make it a series or upset the Ducks.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 7:38am
Originally posted by shwazy

Man the stars almost came back from 4 down.  Hope to see them make it a series or upset the Ducks.

That was a tough game to lose, the Stars made a heck of a comeback to get close.  The Ducks started Frederick Anderson in net?  What's up with Jonas Hiller?

Anyhow, the Ducks proved last season that they can be upset in the first round of the playoffs, I'm pulling for the Stars to do it.

Pittsburgh held off Columbus last night by the same score, 4-3.  Playoff hockey, nothing is a given.  I'm sure many Penguin fans are thinking the first round will be easy.

Finally, Montreal knocks off Tampa Bay in OT, 5-4.  I watched highlights from the game, looked like a good hard fought hockey game.

Colorado kicks off their playoffs tonight against the Wild, hope Patrick has the team ready to come out strong.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 10:20pm
 at least the Kings made it interesting...Sharks dominated for two periods so it will be interesting to see how things play out Sunday.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 10:28pm
Wow, Blues/Hawks go to triple OT in gm 1. This is gonna be a war.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 5:54am
Avs win in OT, 5-4.  Stastny scores the game winner and finishes with 2 G 1 A.  MacKinnon chips in 3 A.  

Playoff hockey is the best.  Triple OT game between the Blues and Blackhawks (still rooting for Chicago, my hometown), San Jose blowing the doors off LA, NY stomping on Philly.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by shwazy

Great comeback for the Stars, although they couldn't catch up enough by the end. But, it show that the Stars can play well against the Ducks. I'm hoping that the Stars just come out slow because they haven't been in the playoffs for so long. And now that their feet are wet, they'll be playing like the team that scored 3 unanswered goals. Go Stars! Star
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>