Official 2014/2014 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 171819

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2014/2014 NBA Season
    Posted: Jul/15/2014 at 11:46pm
mavs just picked up rashard lewis as well.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2014 at 12:15am
Still waiting to see if the Warriors will give up Klay to get Kevin Love.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2014 at 6:39am
Miami maxed out for bosh. It'll be interesting to see what they offer wade. Especially since he's been there since the beginning.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2014 at 6:44am
A max deal for Wade would be a bad idea for them. Worse than the two year deal Kobe got from a pure basketball perspective imo.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2014 at 6:51am
A lot of dough for a guy on his last knees. This team will be lucky to make the playoffs.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Von44

A lot of dough for a guy on his last knees. This team will be lucky to make the playoffs.

In the East? They'll still make the playoffs. Wade structured his deal so they'll have some money to pick up a nice piece this year.

Boozer got cut by the Bulls so they can pay Pau Gasol. He'll be a good big man to help any team. Backup to Tyson Chandler for Dallas? Too bad they probably don't have enough cap space to fit him him. I like the current Mavs roster, but just hope they can upgrade on the PG position:

PG: Raymond Felton, Devin Harris (not signed yet), Gal Mekel
SG: Monta Ellis, Ricky Ledo
SF: Chandler Parsons, Richard Jefferson, Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk, Rashard Lewis
C: Tyson Chandler, Brandon Wright, Greg Smith
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2014 at 2:44pm
^I agree that they'll make the playoffs.  Von needs to worry about his raptors as a lot of these teams are getting better.
w00tw00t858 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote w00tw00t858 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2014 at 10:50pm
a lot of movement this year. i wonder how teams will be and if any of them will be playoff contenders. 
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2014 at 11:47pm
lance stephenson to the hornets ( i love saying this again)
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2014 at 7:27am
Interesting article about lottery reform.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-lottery-reform-is-coming/
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2014 at 8:48am
Originally posted by lightning80

In the East? They'll still make the playoffs. Wade structured his deal so they'll have some money to pick up a nice piece this year.

Boozer got cut by the Bulls so they can pay Pau Gasol. He'll be a good big man to help any team. Backup to Tyson Chandler for Dallas? Too bad they probably don't have enough cap space to fit him him. I like the current Mavs roster, but just hope they can upgrade on the PG position:

PG: Raymond Felton, Devin Harris (not signed yet), Gal Mekel
SG: Monta Ellis, Ricky Ledo
SF: Chandler Parsons, Richard Jefferson, Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk, Rashard Lewis
C: Tyson Chandler, Brandon Wright, Greg Smith

Ok you're right. Heat will make the playoffs since it is the East. But an injury prone Deng added to an injury prone Wade plus a streaky Bosh = not a contender.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by madsnake

lance stephenson to the hornets ( i love saying this again)
He'll still find a way to blow into Lebron's ear. LOL
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2014 at 9:00am
I agree, the Heat won't be a contender.
I think a healthy Rose will lead the Bulls out of the East, with the addition of Paul Gasol.
The Cavs, because of Lebron, will also be right up there.
Pacers took a step backward losing Stephenson.
Raptors didn't make any big splashes, but the team remains competitive re-signing Kyle Lowry. With some playoffs experience under their belt and DeRozen progressing, they might make things very interesting in the East.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2014 at 9:10am
^I didn't expect them to reel anyone big this summer. Their main priority was to resign Lowry and they did just that. So I'm happy. It'd be good to see them win together as a young group.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2014 at 10:54pm
Boozer headed to the Lakers. So basically he was traded for Gasol.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2014 at 9:26am

Boozer headed to the Lakers. So basically he was traded for Gasol.

kind of...lakers get to pay less for his services..bulls have to pick up the tab for the rest of the money..although it won't count against the cap.

5'7 Yuki Togashi from Japan gaining fans on Mavs summer league team. He's got skillz...too bad he's prob too short to get on any NBA teams...
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2014 at 4:35pm
The Kevin Love situation needs to be done. Tired of hearing speculation.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2014 at 4:37pm
interesting to see the warriors and cavs are now prepared to up their big pieces for a shot at love.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2014 at 9:07pm
Rumor that Cleveland would give up Wiggens, Bennett, and future 1st...seems steep for a guy who is said to not be a good defender
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2014 at 5:22am
Hahaha. What would you do for Love? Kinda sounds like a reality show.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2014 at 5:41am
Seems like the Lakers have put together a decent roster. Nothing that can compete but they will be watchable and are moving in the right direction imo for how the chips fell
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2014 at 5:44am
Love for Wiggins straight up?  Probably will not happen, even with LeBron getting involved.  Minnesota president Flip Saunders seems determined to prove he can win with Love.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2014 at 7:17am
Agree, it seems to make more sense for both teams to wait.  Saunders is hoping for a Portland like situation with Aldridge situation to develop this year.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2014 at 12:08pm
I still think golden state has the best offer. Lee, Barnes and I think a pick, in exchange for Love.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2014 at 6:54am
Yeah warriors are not giving up Thompson.  If Cleveland is willing to part with Wiggins then that is the best play imo but I have a feeling Cleveland stands pat.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2014 at 9:33am
If I were the Timberwolves, I wouldn't take the Cav's deal for both Wiggins and Bennet. Bennet so far has been a bust. He played better in the summer league..but, that's the summer league. He may or may not become a consistent roster player. Wiggins has a lot of potential. But, he hasn't played a NBA game yet. Will he be as dominant as people think he could be, or just a middle of the pack starter? So, to give up a 3-time all start for a bust and a hope...just doesn't cut it.

The Warriors, if they include Clay Thompson, is a MUCH better deal. Thompson, Barnes, and Lee are all proven NBA starting players. And all are still young. You can build a team with a future around those 3.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2014 at 10:39am
Warriors won't give up Thompson because he is part of their "big 3". Timberwolves needs to be careful or they are going to get nothing. Plus I would keep Wiggins, it allows to Cavs to run the floor better and if he turns out they are going to be good for a long time.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2014 at 12:28pm
Cavs are shooting themselves in the foot if they trade Wiggins. So much potential with Lebron mentoring him. Love is just another point scorer with inflated numbers due to a poor team (like bosh in TO) and can't defend. I'd laugh so hard if they traded Wiggins and then lost to Miami in the playoffs or missed the playoffs.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2014 at 6:27pm
Now the Bulls are making a move for Love.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2014 at 8:17pm
Von44 the Cavs are going to make the playoffs, they would need Lebron and Irving to go down for the season for that to happen.  Love fits nicely with the Bulls. They could rotate Gasol, Noah, and Love, to keep their minutes down like the Spurs did this season. It would be good for Noah as he has been playing a lot of minutes the past few seasons. 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

Von44 the Cavs are going to make the playoffs, they would need Lebron and Irving to go down for the season for that to happen.  Love fits nicely with the Bulls. They could rotate Gasol, Noah, and Love, to keep their minutes down like the Spurs did this season. It would be good for Noah as he has been playing a lot of minutes the past few seasons. 
Yeah i know. I was being sarcastic.

As for Love to Chicago, though it would be a nice fit. I don't know who the Bulls could offer when Cavs have laid out this years top draft pick on the table. Bulls will be giving up too much. I don't think it's feasible when he's got a chance to play with the prima donna in Cleveland not to mention d-rose health issues.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 10:45am
I agree I don't think the Bulls have a chance either.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 10:47am
Rashard Lewis failed his physical and Dallas will void his contract. He's going to need knee surgery...So, the Mavs still have 2 roster spots open: a PF to backup Dirk, and another PG.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 3:48pm
Wiggins hasn't done anything in the NBA yet. It's all potential. Lee is an all star and Barnes is a solid backup 3 who still hasn't peaked. Still don't understand what's taking so long.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Rashard Lewis failed his physical and Dallas will void his contract. He's going to need knee surgery...So, the Mavs still have 2 roster spots open: a PF to backup Dirk, and another PG.

looks like theyve got jameer nelson on board. solid move.
bjvinson View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bjvinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2014 at 9:20pm
I don't think the Bulls have a real chance, I think they're just trying to force the Cavs to include another first round pick next year
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 9:21am
Looks like Jameer Nelson is finalizing a contract with the Mavericks. He'll be competing for minutes with Devin Harris and Raymond Felton at the PG position.

Mavs are also signing Al-Farouq Aminu to replace Rashard Lewis whose contract was voided after his failed physical.

That would fill Dallas' roster for the season. Time for Coach Carlisle to work his magic again with another new group of players. People are saying they're now the 4th team among the Spurs, Thunder, and Clippers at the top of the West. If last year's team took the Spurs to Game 7 in the playoffs, then this year team is better and could beat the Spurs! Clap
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 11:40am
Nelson might get a lot of PT if Felton keeps up the off court stuff.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

Nelson might get a lot of PT if Felton keeps up the off court stuff.

That's the reason Dallas went hard for another veteran PG so they'll have enough players to play the position when Felton does something stupid. They now carry 4 PGs! Mavs roster for the upcoming season:

Center: Tyson Chandler, Brandan Wright, Greg Smith
Power forward: Dirk Nowitzki, Al-Farouq Aminu
Small forward: Chandler Parsons, Jae Crowder, Richard Jefferson, Eric Griffin (non-guaranteed contract)
Shooting guard: Monta Ellis, Ricky Ledo
Point guard: Jameer Nelson, Raymond Felton, Devin Harris, Gal Mekel
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 1:46pm
Jesus Shuttlesworth maybe headed to Cleveland. He may as well attach himself to Lebron's hip. lol
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 8:08pm

Jesus Shuttlesworth maybe headed to Cleveland. He may as well attach himself to Lebron's hip. lol

Or be more trade bait for Kevin Love.
bjvinson View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bjvinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2014 at 11:13pm

Haha, I actually had to google Jesus Shuttleworth (bad memory!). 

Seems to me he is getting a bit sad and desperate to be Lebron's groupie. Having said that though, he's not that far removed from saving the series in 2013. Without him, LeBron only has one ring.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:50am
He is not trade bait, he would retire before he went to Minnesota. Plus lots of guys are trying to get a ring or one more ring. Lebron or Pops are your best bet.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:03am
Wiggins signed with the Cavs. So, now he can't be traded for another 30 days. If the Timberwolves are getting him and Bennet for Love, they'll have to wait a month...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:58pm
Lakers will hire Byron Scott as their new head coach. I think this is his 4th head coaching job?
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 7:24am
I don't know if they wanted Scott it took forever for them to hire him. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819