Official 2014/2014 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 21>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2014/2014 NBA Season
    Posted: Oct/10/2013 at 12:46pm
Pre-Season games have started, time to start talking about the upcoming season!

With Derek Rose coming back, will the Bulls give the Heat a run for the East? Will Brooklyn's improvements make them a challenger?

With Dwight Howard going to Houston to join James Harden, will that make them the team to beat in the West? Or will the Thunder and Spurs still be on top?

I'm a Mavs fan...I know pre-season games don't count, but I see that Monta Ellis is working on getting assists, and not just shooting the rock. If that continues, and with the combination of Jose Calderone in the backcourt, it looks like there will be a lot of ball sharing, setting up for easy shots for everyone. I think their offense whould be fine. But, I'm concerned about their defense. Also, I think they're weak at the center position with Samuel Dalembert as the starter. Hopefully, they'll be able to trade up to a better center and make a run for the playoffs.
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2013 at 3:31pm
Bulls fan here, D.Rose being back is exciting but it feels like they are still missing a second viable scoring option, especially when in the playoffs. Deng is a nice player but nothing more...maybe the development of Jimmy Butler but I don't think he is ready yet. I'm excited to see the rookies and what they can do but until Boozer is gone I don't see us beating the Heat...but we will beat the Pacers.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2013 at 11:32pm

bring on the new season already!

i like ellis, he will be a nice addition for the mavs. just heard wright is out indefinitely, which is a damn shame after a solid game (not to mention hes in my fantasy team, too many injuries already Cry)

i can see butler really improving this season being a starter and rose is already looking good so bulls fans have gotta be happy with that.

rockets are going to be hard to beat. ive said it before but i think houston is the perfect fit for howard, hes going to have a huge season.

aint no one beating the heat though Wink.

magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 9:06am
D Rose isn't enough. They need another player to help him out. OKC is going to be really good, if I was a D Howard fan I would be super excited cuz he hated LA. Lakers are done for, the whole coaching changes screwed up the franchise for at least 7 yrs
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 9:14am
As a Laker fan there isn't much to be excited for this season.   In a way I wish Kobe' rehab would have been longer so they are guaranteed a Lottery pick going into next year along with all the cap space.  Finishing 8 in the conference is pointless.
magichc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote magichc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 10:04am
Exactly, totally agree shwazy. I'd hate to be a season pass holder cuz u are wasting a yr of moneym away since it may not be worth it to cancel just for this season and the. Get it again a season later. Ur seat mig be really high up by then
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 10:15am
Jeremy Lin going to his parents' homeland to play a pre-season game. Awesome for Taiwan to get some exposure. Clap

I foresee the Sacramento Kings going to play a pre-season game or two next year at the home of their new owner, India.

NBA-Global, it's coming!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by shwazy

As a Laker fan there isn't much to be excited for this season.   In a way I wish Kobe' rehab would have been longer so they are guaranteed a Lottery pick going into next year along with all the cap space.  Finishing 8 in the conference is pointless.

Yeah, the Lakers are not looking so good. Nash is aging and needs to rest his back. Kobe is rehabing. Aside from them and Gasol, who's going to help them be competitive? Laker fans are going to be sad that their rommate, Clippers, get better as the Lakers sink into lottery picks.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2013 at 5:07pm
kinda excited about the warriors this season. I hear everyone's healthy
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2013 at 5:47pm
warriors will be strong, especially if bogut can stay healthy. curry and thompson have looked great throughout the pre season. 

suns continue their rebuilding over the weekend, theyre going to clean up in the next draft.
Jaydoc08 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Jaydoc08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2013 at 7:14pm
Sixers tanking for wiggins. I'm curious to see how many wins they get. I'm going to say 14.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2013 at 10:52am
Warriors should be pretty good, not top of the West good, but will prob be 4th or 5th seed good. Curry and Bogut need to stay healthy. Clay Thompson is solid, and they acquired Iguadala. But, they're not at the Spurs or Thunder levels yet.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Warriors should be pretty good, not top of the West good, but will prob be 4th or 5th seed good. Curry and Bogut need to stay healthy. Clay Thompson is solid, and they acquired Iguadala. But, they're not at the Spurs or Thunder levels yet.

forgot about iguadala. im still concerned about their depth at PG.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2013 at 10:04am

Listening to the radio in Sacramento is funny to me. They keep talking about how the pre-season game with the Warriors had a playoffs atmosphere. Now they're saying tomorrow's opener against the Nuggets is going to have a playoffs atmosphere. C'mon man, have the Kings been out of the playoffs THAT long that they think pre-season games and 1st game of the season feels like the playoffs?

madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 5:46am

good start to the season. heat were very solid, hibbert was an absolute beast and lakers bench lit it up.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 2:52pm
DRose looks like he's back 100%. But Heat's team D swarmed him and got the win. The rest of the Bulls need to pick it up a notch.

The Lakers bench was a real surprise. But I don't think it'll be a constant. Espcially when Kobe returns, everything will fall apart because of his demand for the ball.

Full plate of games tonight for the NBA Clap
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 6:16pm
Lakers and clippers last night. is there really home court advantage?
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2013 at 10:05pm

Originally posted by Jaydoc08

Sixers tanking for wiggins. I'm curious to see how many wins they get. I'm going to say 14.

well theyve racked one up already so i guess thats not a bad start to the season. mcw, are you serious Cry

twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2013 at 12:50am
i'm not used to seeing the warriors blow out but...

it was pretty awesome! and definitely something to look forward to in the future ;D
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2013 at 10:49am
I don't understand how anyone outside of Miami is a Heat fan...love watching them lose more than any other team in all of sports history. Just absolutely hate them. Sixes look to have found a player in MCW...impressive stat line for an all star let alone a rookie.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2013 at 11:31am
Hate the Heat and their fans.

I do not have high hopes for the Nuggets this season but hope they can be competitive.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2013 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by milutinho

I don't understand how anyone outside of Miami is a Heat fan...love watching them lose more than any other team in all of sports history.

haha so much hate. just curious, has that always been the case or only since lebron joined the team?

giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2013 at 11:28am
Ahhh looking forward to LBJ winning his 5th MVP and hopefully three-peating. Gonna be a great year. 

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2013 at 6:37am
nets beat the heat? didn't see that coming.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2013 at 2:01pm
There's always a first for everything.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 12:51am
sixers just keep rolling. mcw had another great game.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 4:11am
Originally posted by madsnake

sixers just keep rolling. mcw had another great game.
never would've imagined Philly starting 3-0.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2013 at 5:45pm
I do not have high hopes for the Nuggets but starting out 0-2 is not a good way to start the season.  

I think we're getting tickets for the 11/13 game when the Lakers come to town.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 10:50am
The Mavs are looking good so far this year. They now have two 20+pts scorers in Dirk and Monta Ellis. They finally have a PG that dishes out assists after Jason Kidd left in Calderone. They need to play more D though, allowing 3rd highest pts avg so far. But they're also putting up points, 2nd highest pts avg. I guess playing Dallas is the same as playing Golden State: a track meet to see who can score the fastest. LOL
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 7:45pm
curry with the triple double!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2013 at 11:00pm
good to see someone finally beating the sixers LOL

westbrook looked good yesterday, he was a little rusty but he was pretty athletic. he just changes the dynamics of that team so dramatically.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Lakers and clippers last night. is there really home court advantage?

there actually is...things are set up differently for each team so it "feels" different to the teams...but I know what you mean...I think the records bear it out though...meaning each team does better when playing at "home".
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2013 at 2:54pm

^ in the past, the lakers always had home court advantage because there were just more lakers fans than clippers fans regardless of which team was designated as the "home" team. the banners and board displays and the wood floor are different for each team though. i think with the recent surge of the clippers and decline of the lakers, being "home" probably does make a difference.

mavs play the lakers tonight in dallas. BEAT LA!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 5:41am
oh man. Knicks lost Chandler.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 3:19pm

great offensive showing for the mavs last night against the lakers. dirk only scored 11 pts..but the team scored 123pts! i'm most impressed with monta ellis' assists so far this season. he's no longer the ball hog that takes questionable contested shots. he's both scoring and sharing the ball so far this season, with 9 assists last night. we know dirk can still score if he needs to. if this keeps up, it's going to be hard to outscore the Mavs this season, even though they're not playing much defense...LOL

madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2013 at 9:55pm

his assists were up last year but it's the turnovers you need to worry about. hes been pretty good at keeping them down so far though.  

pacers are looking the goods. hibbert is a blocking machine.

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by lightning80

great offensive showing for the mavs last night against the lakers. dirk only scored 11 pts..but the team scored 123pts! i'm most impressed with monta ellis' assists so far this season. he's no longer the ball hog that takes questionable contested shots. he's both scoring and sharing the ball so far this season, with 9 assists last night. we know dirk can still score if he needs to. if this keeps up, it's going to be hard to outscore the Mavs this season, even though they're not playing much defense...LOL

do not get too excited the Lakers D, big surprise, under Mike D is atrocious.

In a lost season it would be nice for the Lakers to pull an upset against the Rockets tonight.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 12:41pm

oh man. Knicks lost Chandler.
Knicks are toast! Not only is chandler a huge loss but felton is not an nba calibre pg. The Knicks would be lucky to make the 8th seed.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 3:26pm
 huge blow for the knicks, especially since theyre planning on filling the 5 with rebounding machine Andrea Bargnani LOL
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2013 at 9:35pm
great to see the Lakers beat Houston tonight.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 5:27am
wade looking like his young self last night. came thru clutch in the 4th.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 7:46am

going up against Redick will do that for you :)
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 10:06am

huge blow for the knicks, especially since theyre planning on filling the 5 with rebounding machine Andrea Bargnani LOL
I wonder how long it'll take for Knicks fans to call for Bargnani's head.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by shwazy

going up against Redick will do that for you :)

Reddick's still in the NBA?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 2:58pm
Kings fans are all complaining that the team is 1-3. I think they had their expectations set way too high. They thought that with a new ownership, management, and coaching staff that their team would be instant playoffs contenders. But, they forgot that they inherited all of the players, contracts, and bad juju from the past years. And losing to the Warriors and Clippers are not a big deal. A majority of teams in the NBA will lose to those 2 teams. I think the Kings fans need to be patient and let the management work on getting the team better, through drafts, trades, and free agency. I would give them a couple years to get to a 7th or 8th seed in the West.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 3:10pm
^But they have Shaq. 

King's fans should start by buying season tickets.  I haven't seen too many fan bases invest less in their team.  But then again, might not be a good stock to buy into considering the threats to move every few years.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 3:20pm
they actually had the highest number of new season ticket holders in the league this year. probably because so many people left in the past and they're all coming back due to the new regime. the fans have showed up so far this season. but they think the team got better overnight or something and are surprised they're not winning...Confused

i'm a mavs fan living in sacramento and just think the kings fans have unrealistic expectations for the team.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2013 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Von44

i think i may have wrote the big guy off a little soon, he played pretty damn well today.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2013 at 3:41am

Originally posted by Von44

i think i may have wrote the big guy off a little soon, he played pretty damn well today.

That's what raps fans all thought too at one point. Just glad he's not a raps problem.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2013 at 5:14am
^ 1 good game out of 5 doesn't make a good player.  Last game he put up nine 3's (made 3)... a 7-footer shooting 3's?

Indiana is making a strong opening statement, starting 6-0.

With the Avs playing so well I can't bear to watch a Nuggets game these days.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>