Official 2014/2014 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 910111213 21>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2014/2014 NBA Season
    Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 2:03pm
The first time that the Knicks, Lakers, and Celtics have missed the playoffs together...ever.  Out with the old, I guess.  Though I expect some serious bounce-backs next year.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Yeah, but in the Eastern Conference, you'd be hitting the heat one way or another.  They aren't going to lose, unless some team is streaking into the Eastern conference Finals.

I'm just excited to see my Raps in the playoffs. If they do happen to face Miami, Raps will make them earn it.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 10:48pm

The first time that the Knicks, Lakers, and Celtics have missed the playoffs together...ever.  Out with the old, I guess.  Though I expect some serious bounce-backs next year.

As a Laker fan I wish I could say 1/3 of that statement is true but I am not holding my breath on any of those teams doing squat next year.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 6:23pm
No Melo for Knicks tonight. Still giving Raps a game.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 7:18pm
2 years in a row warriors have 50+ wins. Probably no Bogut for the playoffs. Sad.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 10:08pm
Lakers horrible season is finally over...Mike D will be fired within 1 week...
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2014 at 11:23pm
Raps get the Nets in the first round. KG well rested could result in a sweep.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 12:14am

Originally posted by solocreep

2 years in a row warriors have 50+ wins. Probably no Bogut for the playoffs. Sad.

as an aussie, its really sad to see bogut go down again. huge loss to the warriors as well. 

i wouldnt worry too much about KG, rested or not, hes not as much of a threat these days. JV has been playing well lately too.

heat vs bobcats. jefferson is going to be hard to contain but hopefully they can knock them over quickly.

solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 6:59am
Warriors bench beat Denver. We'll they were short handed as well.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 7:49am
Originally posted by shwazy

Think they are going to take a stab at Calapari?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Von44

Not overlooking Washington, but even if the Raps get past the first round they'll be facing the Heat in the second which they have no chance at all. I'd rather they play Indy instead of the Heat and the officials.

And now you have Brooklyn instead.  You mentioned before that you thought raps had a good chance against the nets.  How do you feel about them dumping games in order to draw the Raps?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2014 at 10:05pm

Not overlooking Washington, but even if the Raps get past the first round they'll be facing the Heat in the second which they have no chance at all. I'd rather they play Indy instead of the Heat and the officials.

And now you have Brooklyn instead.  You mentioned before that you thought raps had a good chance against the nets.  How do you feel about them dumping games in order to draw the Raps?

That's bs to hear the Nets tanked so they could get the Raps. I still think the Nets take it in 6 or 7 just from their experience alone and the fact they've rested KG for like 2 months. But after what the Nets pulled, I'm sure that fuelled the Raps and will make them regret what they did.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 8:57am
I agree that that's the ultimate bulletin board material when you are the 3rd best team in your conference and a team is not playing starters in its last game so they can play you.  This could be an all-time backfire.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 10:09am
Dallas couldn't beat Memphis to end the season and will play the Spurs in the 1st round, who they've lost 4-0 for the season. They would have had a better chance against the Thunder. At least they made the playoffs this year Confused
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 12:18pm

I agree that that's the ultimate bulletin board material when you are the 3rd best team in your conference and a team is not playing starters in its last game so they can play you.  This could be an all-time backfire.

I like KG and this could be his last playoffs before hangin them up so I'd like to see him do well but not against my raps. Really hope JV plays a big game and doesn't get baited into his trash talk.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2014 at 7:37pm
Apparently Mike D may not get fired...huh???
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 3:49pm
Warriors stole one at LA. Apparently they may not need andrew bogut
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 4:38pm

Warriors stole one at LA. Apparently they may not need andrew bogut

I don't think they stole it. It was close and earned the win.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2014 at 8:38pm
Tough loss for the Raps. But gotta love the passion from the GM dropping the F-bomb at Brooklyn pregame.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2014 at 5:19pm

Originally posted by shwazy

Think they are going to take a stab at Calapari?

Calapari states adamantly that he is not going anywhere but we have heard that line from College coaches but he sounded sincere.

sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2014 at 5:21pm
Calapari is a slimeball, his word is worthless.  He'll go to any team that offers him a big contract.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2014 at 7:11am
This weekend really reminded me of how un-compelling the NBA playoffs are.  I built them up in my head and again, they disappointed me.  This is going to be a long couple of months.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 6:30am
Ugly loss for the warriors. But they took one in L.A. game 3 will be in Oakland.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 8:41am
Ugly is the word.  Might be tough to bounce back from that.  They better get the clippers' stars in foul trouble.
loowee2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote loowee2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 9:19am
warriors will bounce back at the Roaracle Arena.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 10:22am
Mavs had horrible shooting nights from both Dirk and Monta, and lost by 5 in game 1. Again, they lost a big lead in the 4th like they were doing int he regular season. Game 2 is tomorrow...hoping that Dallas can steal one in San Antonio...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 10:53am
For having a bad shooting night, they kept it within reach all game.   If I remember last year, SA likes to wrap these up quickly, so they can rest, so I expect them to lock down game 2.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 2:36pm
Watching the Nets/Raps game down at party square. But Demar has gotta take his time and have a better game.

Go Raps!!!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 2:39pm

Watching the Nets/Raps game down at party square. But Demar has gotta take his time and have a better game.

Go Raps!!!

Go Nets! Sorry, I'm a Jason Kidd fan from his days in Dallas Clap
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Go Raps!!!

Go Nets! Sorry, I'm a Jason Kidd fan from his days in Dallas Clap

Guess that also means you're a fan of tanking games. I see how it is.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 4:12pm
I'm ok with tanking games to get a more favorable matchup. Winning playoffs games is more important than winning a regular season game. Resting your stars so they'll be fresh for the playoffs is the same thing...
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 4:12pm
Toronto GM before the Toronto vs. nets game was hilarious! he really is a nice guy
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 10:57pm

I'm ok with tanking games to get a more favorable matchup. Winning playoffs games is more important than winning a regular season game. Resting your stars so they'll be fresh for the playoffs is the same thing...

Not really. Resting your star players is not the same as tanking games cuz at the very least the rest of the team is still playing hard to get a win. Having an entire team not try to get an easy matchup is a total slap in the face. It's easy for you to say that you're ok with it but if it happens to the Mavs I'm sure you'll feel differently.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2014 at 11:00pm
Big win by the Raps tonight! Demar comes up clutch. Out rebounded the Nets but still not liking the high turnovers. Good news is, series tied.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2014 at 3:17pm
Dirk and Monta need to shoot well today to avoid going home 2 games down. Go Mavs!!! Star
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2014 at 8:21am

Dirk and Monta need to shoot well today to avoid going home 2 games down. Go Mavs!!! Star

Well they took care of business...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2014 at 9:24am
Dallas held Tony Parker and Tim Duncan to 23pts combined and forced the Spurs to 24 turnovers. The Mavs took home court away from San Antonio with the 24pt win! If they didn't blow the 10pt lead in game 1, they would be up 2-0 on the 1 seed... Let's come home and take care of business Clap
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2014 at 9:46am
I don't know if any team has looked as consistently solid across the first two games as Portland has though.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2014 at 8:36pm
Holy cow. Memphis won? I still think okc will advance.
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2014 at 9:24pm
Raptors tonight!! lets go! wish i could be in Toronto!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 5:15am
Warriors close but no cigar.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 8:05am
Originally posted by ryanthony

Raptors tonight!! lets go! wish i could be in Toronto!!

Well the game is in Brooklyn tonight, so...what's going on in Toronto tonight?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 8:07am
Originally posted by solocreep

Warriors close but no cigar.

Really close.  I figured you might have thoughts on that last no-call.  There was definitely enough contact to effect the shot, but was the a swallow the whistle situation or did they just miss it?

I was thinking that curry's previous 3s from that location where he flopped in a similar fashion without any contact really hurt his ability to get the whistle there.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 9:46am
Wow, the Griz taking a 2-1 series lead over the #2 seed Thunder. And the Hawks take 2-1 lead over #1 seed Pacers. Is it the low seeds playing better or the top seeds not playing well?

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 10:41am
Raps need a big game being in enemy territory. Gotta take 3 or 4 here or it could be over.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 11:48am

Wow, the Griz taking a 2-1 series lead over the #2 seed Thunder. And the Hawks take 2-1 lead over #1 seed Pacers. Is it the low seeds playing better or the top seeds not playing well?

And, even though they are 5-4 matchups, the 5 is 2-0 in both leagues going into tonight.

I think for those examples you give, it is two different things.  I think the pacers aren't playing well, and I think memphis is REALLY good and healthy and playing at their best.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 3:45pm

And, even though they are 5-4 matchups, the 5 is 2-0 in both leagues going into tonight.

I think for those examples you give, it is two different things.  I think the pacers aren't playing well, and I think memphis is REALLY good and healthy and playing at their best.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 9:35pm
Huge win by the bulls. If they lost, I didn't see them coming back.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2014 at 6:40am

wizards blew that game.

this rockets/blazers series is awesome.

shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2014 at 12:20pm
Kobe is ranting again about being competitive again.  Take a pay cut then dude...because that is the best way to get competitive next year.  I am not saying he should have not accepted the contract but he has to know it is a hindrance to them getting back to championship level over the next two years.  They need to be thinking forward and not try to appease him to make a run at something that will not happen anyways. They should be eyeing 2015 at their best chance to start the "real" rebuild. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 21>