Official 2014/2014 NBA Season

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1516171819 20>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official 2014/2014 NBA Season
    Posted: Jun/24/2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Von44

Originally posted by solocreep

Melo wants to opt out. Let the speculation begin.
Another overrated player with this self entitlement.  No concept of team play. ie. 3.1 assists

Oh yes please let me stay on a team with no chance of winning until I am too old to make a difference.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2014 at 3:23pm

Lebron opts out of his contract. Decision 2.0... lord help us all!!!

was not one bit surprised by this. in order for them to make some decent signings, they need the cap room. i expect bosh and wade to follow suit as well.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2014 at 5:24am
Originally posted by shwazy

Melo wants to opt out. Let the speculation begin.
Another overrated player with this self entitlement.  No concept of team play. ie. 3.1 assists

Oh yes please let me stay on a team with no chance of winning until I am too old to make a difference.
Still bitter about the Lakers awesome season i see.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2014 at 6:42am
^
right again...it is truly so hard being a fan of the most successful professional organization in the modern era.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2014 at 7:17am

^
right again...it is truly so hard being a fan of the most successful professional organization in the modern era.
It's just too easy! lmao
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2014 at 7:26am
^ Wow, you guys are taking your feud to a couple of different topics... let it go, fellas!

I like how LeBron takes over the spotlight and overshadows everything else in the sports world.  So LeBron will become a free agent, wants to talk to Wade and Bosch, wants to change his underwear, is going to eat lunch at noon today, will take a 45 minute power nap at 2:00pm... I think the media covers him too much.
nyrm22 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote nyrm22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by sideways99

^ Wow, you guys are taking your feud to a couple of different topics... let it go, fellas!

I like how LeBron takes over the spotlight and overshadows everything else in the sports world.  So LeBron will become a free agent, wants to talk to Wade and Bosch, wants to change his underwear, is going to eat lunch at noon today, will take a 45 minute power nap at 2:00pm... I think the media covers him too much.

I think it would be cool if Lebron got together with ESPN and did a one hour long special where he just talked about where he's going to decide to play next year.  Then at the end of the special, he would make his decision.

That would be Awesome!  He would win over a lot of fans if he did that...
Nathan
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2014 at 2:33pm
^ Then a ton of people could flip out and "hate" him for it.  and they could try to make him a villain for advertising.   that would go over swell for him i'm sure too!

You know, lost in the idea would be the fact that his show could generate millions for a local charity. 

I dunno... it could work.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2014 at 3:43pm

looks like tyson chandler and raymond felton are off to dallas. knicks would get jose calderon, samuel dalembert, shane larkin, wayne ellington plus the 34th and 51st pick draft.

they should never have let chander go in the first place. i think they will miss calderon, dude has been pretty solid all season plus now youre stuck with felton.

whats your thoughts lightning?
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2014 at 6:44am
Mavs gave up a lot but I think they got the better deal.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2014 at 5:51pm
wiggins to the cavs, i think they got it right this year.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2014 at 11:49pm
Proud day for canada with this years nba draft. Cavs are stacked with talent now.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2014 at 5:32pm
Miami's big 3 all opted out. Interesting....
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2014 at 10:58pm
everything is going to plan Wink.
classic_ben View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
It's a sign

Quote classic_ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2014 at 11:55pm

Miami's big 3 all opted out. Interesting....

I needed to happen if they are going to contend next season (without forking out the luxury tax)
Search the SierraSnowboard.Com Forums at:

http://tinyurl.com/sierraforumbygoogle

<Fine Tuning to Come>
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2014 at 7:02pm
Wade is old now, he needs to take about 5 million next year, because I think he needs to be used as a 6th man.  He has too many miles on his legs and took too much of a beating going to the basket over the years. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
It's a sign

Quote classic_ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2014 at 1:39am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

Wade is old now, he needs to take about 5 million next year, because I think he needs to be used as a 6th man.  He has too many miles on his legs and took too much of a beating going to the basket over the years. 

Pretty much...despite all the rest he had during the season, his finals campaign showed that his body just isn't able to cope as a starter.

I think the bigger worry is finding a way to get James' minutes down during the season, or his career could well be cut short.

<Fine Tuning to Come>
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2014 at 7:42am
^
This reminds me how curious I am to see how Kobe can come back...I am rooting for him obviously but probably best to tame expectations.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2014 at 8:04pm
So if LeBron leaves Miami, are heat fans gonna go crazy and burn his jersey? Like what happened in Cleveland?
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2014 at 12:21am

i dont think hes going anywhere but the balls in pat rileys court now. i think he can make the right moves to convince them all to stay. really hoping they can land lowry but i dont think its going to happen. the talk is that the raps are going to offer him a max contract so they dont lose him.

speaking of cleveland, looks like irving will be there for a while. The Cavaliers and Kyrie Irving have agreed on a max, 5-year contract extension, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum
It's a sign

Quote classic_ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2014 at 4:28am
LeBron won't go anywhere if Wade and Bosh agree to reasonable deals...if not, then all bets are off

<Fine Tuning to Come>
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2014 at 6:00am
I think Miami has the most cap space.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
It's a sign

Quote classic_ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2014 at 6:28am

I think Miami has the most cap space.

It does, but only because they don't have 4 of their starting 5 signed for next year...they need to find room for James, Wade, Bosh and Haslem (as well as improving the rest of their roster)

<Fine Tuning to Come>
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by madsnake

looks like tyson chandler and raymond felton are off to dallas. knicks would get jose calderon, samuel dalembert, shane larkin, wayne ellington plus the 34th and 51st pick draft.

they should never have let chander go in the first place. i think they will miss calderon, dude has been pretty solid all season plus now youre stuck with felton.

whats your thoughts lightning?

just came back from 2 weeks of vacation. Tongue

dallas traded a bit of their future to help dirk get a chance to win more rings before he retires. hats off to cuban to sacrifice for his star player. but, it not much of a future they traded: larkin and ellington are bench players. the two 2nd round picks may or may not amount to much anyways. dalembert was ok, but ty is a HUGE upgrade. the only drawback is losing calderone and having to take felton. calderone was good and consistent last year. his play helped monta take less, and better shots. but, they still have devon harris, which got better as he got healthier. i'd stick felton on the bench and he could be an explosive 6th man at that role. they need to find a strong small forward to replace marion (i think he's likely to leave). given dirk's willingness to take less to get help, they should be able to land someone serviceable.

current starting roster is pretty good:
c - tyson chandler
pf - dirk
sf - jae crowder (assuming marion leaves)
sg - monta ellis
pg - devon harris

now, imagine dallas landing melo..that's a big 4 plus harris..not too shabby for a deep playoffs run.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2014 at 5:40pm
deals are getting done.

Marcin Gortat has agreed to a five-year, $60 million contract extension with the Wizards.

Jodie Meeks has agreed to a three-year, $19 million deal with the Pistons
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2014 at 7:25pm
Miami interested in Lowry. That would be a step in the right direction.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2014 at 12:50am

another one gone.

Combo guard Shaun Livingston will sign with the Warriors for three years and $16 million, according to Yahoo! Sports.

solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2014 at 6:41am

another one gone.

Combo guard Shaun Livingston will sign with the Warriors for three years and $16 million, according to Yahoo! Sports.

A little pricey but I'll take it. A move to probably bring Kevin Love in? Let's do it.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2014 at 9:25am
The Boston Celtics have agreed to terms on a four-year, $32 million deal with restricted free-agent shooting guard Avery Bradley.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2014 at 3:26pm
More deals getting done:

Ben Gordon to the Magic for 2 years $9 million.
CJ Miles to the pacers 4 years $18 million.

On the coaching side:
Lionel Hollins to the Nets, unknown terms of the agreement.

madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2014 at 5:07pm
its crazy how much some of these clubs are offering these players. 9 million for ben gordon, seriously Confused
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2014 at 10:31pm

now lowry is off the table.

The point guard has agreed to re-sign with the Raptors, his agent confirmed Wednesday night. Yahoo Sports reported that the deal was for four years and $48 million.  

thunder are supposed to be going pretty hard after gasol. miami better make some moves soon or lebron could be outta there.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2014 at 9:25am

its crazy how much some of these clubs are offering these players. 9 million for ben gordon, seriously Confused

And the Cavs ready to offer a max contract to Gordon Hayward?!?  Shocked
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2014 at 10:38am
Sacramento Kings signed PG Darren Collison to a 3-year $15 million fully guaranteed contract. Looks like their starting PG from last year, Isiah Thomas, will not be going back.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2014 at 2:29pm
Dirk has reportedly agreed to a 3-year contract worth around $10mil/year. I guess the Mavs know enough of what to expect from Melo after their meeting yesterday to set a number for Dirk. That would leave any incoming SF with less than the max, so I'm guessing Melo is out of the picture. We should be hearing about Chandler Parsons and Luol Deng visiting Dallas soon.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2014 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Sacramento Kings signed PG Darren Collison to a 3-year $15 million fully guaranteed contract. Looks like their starting PG from last year, Isiah Thomas, will not be going back.

i dont understand why the kings never backed thomas, he outplayed vasquez all season long off the bench and then killed it as a starter when he left. hopefully miami go after him.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2014 at 4:08pm
^ Yeah, Isiah Thomas was great for the Kings. And even better off the court during the chaos surrounding the possible moving of the team and the push for a new arena in Sacramento. He even attended some of the city council meetings to show support for the team. It's a shame that the team isn't giving him the same support in return. I'm not sure if he would start on other teams though...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2014 at 4:57pm

Spencer Hawes agreed to a four-year, $23 million deal with the Clippers on Friday.

i like this move, solid backup centre to jordan.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2014 at 3:58am

now lowry is off the table.

The point guard has agreed to re-sign with the Raptors, his agent confirmed Wednesday night. Yahoo Sports reported that the deal was for four years and $48 million.  

So relieved to hear Lowry resigned with the Raps. It's been a while to see a Raps star stick around rather than go to a better team for a better chance to win or for more money.

Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2014 at 8:24am
Anthony is now seriously considering the Lakers...As the Lakers will surely have to forfeit their draft pick next year it is important they sign him.  Hopefully he will decide to come. If he does Pau should sign as well and they will be competitive.  Then with only one more year on Kobe's deal they should be able to attract another big time talent next year with Nash off the books and hopefully have a team that is at least in the discussion.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2014 at 9:33am
Lebron (or at least his agent) has been shopping around too?

Melo has said that he'll take the holiday weekend to make a decision. So, we should be hearing from his camp soon on which team he'll be going to. After he decides, a lot of other players will start signing too because teams are waiting to see if they've landed Melo before signing other players. I hope he goes to Houston, then Parsons will be released to go to the Mavericks. And the Mavs would still have some cap space left to get some role players.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2014 at 3:40pm
The Heat making moves, reaching agreements to get Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts... Lebron's situation is still an unknown. Bosh is visiting Houston...so he'll have a place to go in case Lebron leaves Miami...
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2014 at 5:56pm
I think the Heat are going to dismantle, I see Bosh taking the max deal in Houston and then Lebron leaves.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2014 at 6:17pm
I skip reading the sports news for a few days and find out Lebron may be considering a return to Cleveland?  Seriously?
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2014 at 8:20am

I think the Heat are going to dismantle, I see Bosh taking the max deal in Houston and then Lebron leaves.

or Bosh leaves and then Anthony signs with the Heat...hearing that is a real possibility.

Not sure why Bosh would turn down that deal which is worth so much more than what Miami is offering and Houston is a competitive team as well.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2014 at 9:15am

or Bosh leaves and then Anthony signs with the Heat...hearing that is a real possibility.

Not sure why Bosh would turn down that deal which is worth so much more than what Miami is offering and Houston is a competitive team as well.

Playing with Lebron, Bosh can take a back seat and still have a chance of winning rings. Playing in Houston, he'll be expected to bigger contributor and would have to compete against the Western Conference. So, he's waiting to see where Lebron goes first. If Lebron decides to stay in Miami, Bosh will likely go back to Miami as well. If Lebron bolts, Bosh will also be gone. I feel bad for Wade, he shouldn't have opted out. He won't get anywhere close to what he would have been paid if he opted in. And with both Lebron and Bosh possibly leaving Miami, he'll be left shopping for a team that'll take his bummed knee and to pay him the veteran minimum.

I hope Melo makes his decision soon, so Dallas can move forward with their other contract negotiations before the players they need agreed to play for other teams...
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote madsnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2014 at 2:20pm
so much is hinging on lebron and anthony. no one is going to make any big moves until
they have made their choices.

i dont see the big 3 leaving miami though. i was expecting riley to make some better moves than he has but maybe he has another ace up his sleeve.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2014 at 2:42pm
Lebron meeting with Riley tomorrow and wel'll see what happens. Hard for Miami to do much with Lebron asking for max. Bosh can get max elsewhere too, so the Heat can't underpay him too much. Wade would have to take a DEEP discount to keep the big 3 together and leave the team with enough cap space to get more help. I don't think Granger and McRoberts will get them over the Spurs...
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2014 at 6:51am
I found this to a good read on the current state of affairs in the NBA with the current CBA.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2014 at 10:18am
Gordon Hayward getting a max offer from the Bobcats/Hornets..I never thought he was THAT good...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>