Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 8>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Online Status: Offline
  Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain's Log 2014 (Rider's Log)
    Posted: Dec/07/2013 at 4:05pm
Three days of pretty decent riding at Belleayre after Thanksgiving. I was planning on heading up to Gore, but Belleayre opened Nov. 29th with pretty decent coverage, albeit on an icy base. Even the trails that were closed were white with some of the longer grass poking through the top. Snowing on the first day, 15 degrees the second day, it felt like winter. Hoping for some heavy snowfalls soon.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2013 at 4:39am
Originally posted by namsapalooza

Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Such a good thread. Now I just want to board it up and eat smoked salmon. I never tried it smoked before. 

Where is the endless supply of sashimi you must have been digging into if you've never had smoked salmon? I want to go to there.

i had to google sashimi cuz i had no clue what the hell that was haha. i haven't tried sashimi or sushi much either though. i'll definitely be picking up some smoked salmon soon though. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2013 at 10:16pm
I've gotten 11 days so far.  9 at Northstar and 2 at Squaw.

Northstar yesterday was super fun.  It was a pow day!  I hit something while playing in the pow and I somersaulted.  I then got sprayed by my friend.  Smiles all around.

Need more of these pow days!
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2013 at 11:27pm
day 4 yesterday.  pretty mellow year on my end, in that I don't really care, which is new.  not enough snow on the actual mountain to open safely to the public (read: 99% idiots), so they have the bunny hill open for weekends until the snow catches up.  rode my early 90s GNU dukester 148, which was fun and fitting.. almost too small even for the bunny hill.  I played around on the couple tiny side hits we found, and also found a side hit air to ice-boulder bonk that was probably the highlight of my day, haha.

I am completely uninterested in park and rails, but they put up a flat box and rainbow rail for now.  here is Devyn doing a shifty nosegrabby tail tap thing.  Jerms (in blue) brought his fisheye and was taking a couple pictures of friends.

MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2013 at 7:56am
Days 1 & 2 logged this weekend at Big Sky.. Definitely a cold one as temps stayed south of 0.  Rode the tram up on Saturday and took a pretty dicey run down from the top through an extremely rocky bowl.. good times had by all!  Local spot opened Sunday and will be open again this coming weekend so hopefully days 3 & 4 will be logged.
MOAR powderz plz!
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2013 at 9:49am
^^^ Pow I believe I've been posted up, puckered and gripped, on those rocks you're talking about under the tram at BS.  Awesome mountain.  

We went to Mammoth this weekend AND DIDN'T GET TO RIDE.  

/rant

Had work on Friday, then Saturday was my only available day and they were only running the kiddie lift because of the storm.  It was a huge oversight not to bring our touring gear, would have been a great day for protected mini-golf in the trees.  So we got great seats at the bar and lodge-pimped most of the day.  

Here we are on a post-bar hike with the dogs in the Sherwins on Saturday, would love to spend some real time splitting back there:

@brymans photo

I definitely do not feel that apathy that Spenser is talking about.  IT SUCKED LEAVING ON SUNDAY MORNING WHILE EVERYONE WAS HAVING A FUN BLUEBIRD PoW DAY.  I want to effing ride pow now! Which is brutal because Tahoe finally has a fresh coat (albeit a bit bony I'm sure) and I'm so busy with work and assorted bs in the near future I may not get out until Christmas.

/more ranting

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2013 at 10:46am
While we're ranting... 

My riding buddy decided to coach 4th & 5th grade basketball this winter, practices twice a week, games on Saturdays through the end of February.  There goes our 3-day snowboard weekends...

/rant
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2013 at 1:54pm
Day three up on the hill was a cold one.  -14 when I hit first chair.  Not surprising I got first chair, cause it was -14. LOL  (or -25*C for our friends not in 'Merica)

it was super cold.  I wore extra layers and all, but i just couldn't keep my feet warm enough.   After a few hours of riding for a while then warming up at the lodge, the wind started blowing pretty good.  I have a red line where my goggles come down and on the tip of my nose. whoops.

But, the Palasades area is opened for the first time in two years, and in early December no less.  It is only opened if it gets enough natural snow, so I'm pretty stoked.  There were knee deep pockets back there that treated me great, until I got a -23 faceshot.  Not as fun as one would have liked! 
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2013 at 3:21pm
Glad the season's starting off well for you JDiggidy!  It's been a cold one so far but its warming up now and the snow's going to keep piling up!

Bryman - Sorry to hear about the Mammoth weekend, my cousin and his wife were 2 of the folks having all that fun on Sunday.  They drove up from San Diego Saturday afternoon.  He broke his back awhile ago doing some mountain biking and had pretty serious surgery... doc finally cleared him for activities so I'm stoked he had some good snow for his first day back!
MOAR powderz plz!
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2013 at 3:31pm
^^^ Sounds like your cousin deserved it more than us.  Glad to hear he's back ripping!

-b
get bent
capncone View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote capncone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 2:33pm
Had day one and two this past weekend. I'm lucky enough to be spending a year in France, so I finally got out riding on some of those tasty Alps. First day was a little backcountry excursion with a club here. Not a lot of snow (it got a little too rocky half way down—had to unstrap to save the life of the only board I brought here), but still got a few pow turns at the top. It was my first time snowshoeing and learning about transceivers and stuff too which was cool. Looking forward to more of those.

Sunday got to go to Courchevel, in Les Trois Vallées. There wasn't even enough to snow for all the lifts to be open, but all the same that place is huge! Felt good to just get back out riding again. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Also full size pictures if you're interested: http://imgur.com/RyfupyW,uBvBqdX#0
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 2:41pm
^^^ I have not been so lucky as to ride in Europe.  Looks awesome.  Super interested in seeing more pictures of these goodies.

-b
get bent
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 2:55pm
^^ Good lord... i can't imagine how big that place is.  According to their website, they have 54 lifts currently open.  Unreal!  Looks awesome!
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
capncone View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote capncone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2013 at 8:14am
Yeah I think Les Trois Vallées is actually comprised of 8 different resorts, according to the website, but you can get a pass that lets you ride all of them in a day (or multiple days) if you want. Definitely looking to explore it more this season, and I'll be sure to post pictures throughout the season. If anyone's coming to Europe to ride this year, let me know!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2013 at 7:18pm
yeeeeeeeeees today was sweet!  amazing creamy turns.  I love the hovercraft. got around 8" overnight on top of old stuff, forecast was 10-14 today, and I think 7-11 tonight, and up to 6 tomorrow.  it's going to be crazy!

screenshot, coming out of a slash

lower half of the main run

MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2013 at 10:09pm
ah! super jealous spenser conditions look choice!  Can't wait to get out on my HC... thinking about picking the wife up at 148 HC.. She demo'd a 138 Nugget and loved it so that crossed my mind but I think the mini HC is a better choice
MOAR powderz plz!
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Online Status: Online
  Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2013 at 5:15am
that looks ridiculously good.  
x_X
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 2:59pm
Heading up to mammoth this weekend, but man oh man what I would give for some tree runs like that pic! Idk if we'll get anything by end of this month :(
Its not fun unless its sketchy
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 4:23pm
that's wide open, hardly a tree run!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2013 at 11:25pm
agreed...super wide open...finally getting to Tahoe next weekend...cant wait for 1st days of the season.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2013 at 12:07pm
Either way that's a whole lot of pow and watch out for tree wells.  I think the conditions are going to be better this season than last season, I mean even Cairo got hit with snow for the first time in 100 years.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
capncone View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote capncone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 2:42am
Day three:

Snowshoed up to a pass with some locals and learned just how out of shape I am. Granted we climbed about 4000 feet, but man was I tired by the end. 

It hasn't snowed here in about two weeks, so it was a little lacking. Up top the snow was... pretty horrendous. windblown and frozen. It was heavy, chunky snow at best, and just ice at worst. Still, the view from the top made getting up there worth it, and the snow down below was actually decently powdery.

Hiking up: 

View off the back of the summit: 

Heading down: 
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by spenser

that's wide open, hardly a tree run!

thanks for clarifying but all I meant was I would like similar conditions soon. 

Mammoth was good, opened the top. It was good to take roadrunner all the way down. Main park still only has 1 jump, which is getting to be a decent size now. Canyon and Eagle still closed :(
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 12:55pm
Day 3 on Saturday.  1st day at the local spot.. conditions up top were great!  Snow was light and fluffy... Mtn is about 60% open.  Should be a great base to start us off.  I uncovered a buried rock on the lower half which endo'd me into a buried log which I hit with my shoulder and back.. super fun time lemme tell ya!  Put about 5 new small core shots in my Lando which about made me cry.  Ohhhh well at least it wasn't my face!

Edit: First day on my Lunarendors as well.. all i have to say is wow.  so worth the money.
MOAR powderz plz!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 1:53pm
Day 4 Sunday.  Mountain is 99% open. Just incredible.  Super stoked, because my riding partner had a crazy lightbulb go off and really picked up her riding.  It's been so long that I've been riding, that I easily forget about the snowboarding learning curve.  It was  a truly great day on the hill yesterday though. Just a lot of fun.  I was so beat down by the end! :)

Pow: What's your hill? Are you a Snowbowl guy?  Friends in the Zoo have been saying Lost Trail is off the charts right now.  I'm going to make a trip to Discovery in Feb with the fam types. Hoping for good coverage. I haven't been there for 6 years now, it's been too long.

Spenser: I swear you've recycled that "lower half of the main run" pic a few times now.  All that fluffy snow and the sweet shape of that run.  I can imagine just lapping that thing over and over and over.  Nice!
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

Pow: What's your hill? Are you a Snowbowl guy?  Friends in the Zoo have been saying Lost Trail is off the charts right now.  I'm going to make a trip to Discovery in Feb with the fam types. Hoping for good coverage. I haven't been there for 6 years now, it's been too long.

Picked up a Snowbowl pass this year.. figured it was the smart thing to do since its so close.  Lost Trail got nuked on about 2 weeks ago and they're sitting with a pretty fat base.  LT is super fun!  Disco is a really good time if the backside is open and there's a bunch of snow.. some super fun terrain back there.  Should be prime by Feb!
MOAR powderz plz!
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 4:12am
Pretty good conditions out in West Va the last few days. Of course its low tide  in the woods and my 4 year old Supermodel is ok with that  as there was just enough snow to get some ninja turns in the tight trees .Keeps the riding interesting around these parts

VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 7:58am
I'm getting old.... and losing interest.

I'm the only one that is able to go boarding in my group of friends. everyone else has young children.

Its getting really boring riding at our local crappy resort (DC area) by myself.

ah... well. I'm glad you other guys are getting in your days.

It's going to be almost 70 degrees this Saturday. lol
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 10:28am
^^"low tide" - never heard that term used on snow, but it's definitely a fitting description.  Our resort would be in a negative tide ride (well, we got a foot a week ago, but aint sh*t forecasted 'til new years)
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by VTBear

I'm the only one that is able to go boarding in my group of friends. everyone else has young children.

Its getting really boring riding at our local crappy resort (DC area) by myself.

They just need to get their kids on the slopes or find some more boarding friends.  LOL  
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 1:07pm

Your friends just need to bring their kids to the snow. I've been brining my son since he was 4, and my daughter will start next season when she's 4. Even when they're too young to ride/ski, they can still play in the snow, sledding, tubing, make snowmen, etc. The parents can take turns going up if both parents ride. Having kids shouldn't stop people from riding, just have to work around/with it.

Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 1:14pm
Yeah, my cousin's bro in law still goes boarding every weekend even though he has 2 toddler girls but of course he enjoys taking his girls on the slopes and teaching them to ski.  
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 2:19pm
I enjoy taking my son and some other newb..so they can stay in the greens together while I go to other terrain...lol
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by hana24

Northstar yesterday was super fun.  It was a pow day!  I hit something while playing in the pow and I somersaulted.  I then got sprayed by my friend.  Smiles all around.

wait, I thought you were a Mammoth rider?
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2013 at 9:27pm
Day 2 was friday, great day... but cold as hell... it was 5 degrees but the wind chill probably made it feel like -10. But the snow was great, we had just gotten a 3 inch layer the night before that and they were cranking snow the whole time. Was snowing at the beginning of the day but cleared towards the end Not much to say, here's some pictures.

Missed the huge dump, saturday and sunday night... 

Day 3 was today.

Beautiful day, thought there would have been more powder since we've had over 25 inches of snow over the last 5 days, and we got 4 inches last night. I guess the fresh layer blew off into the trees. Probably spent the most time i've ever spent in the park today. Since i dont hang out there much i wasnt very good but still had a ton of fun. Didnt take pics of today but it was a fun day.
It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2013 at 1:30pm
Day 2 this a.m.  There will be days when I don't get excited for two inches on top of icy groomers, in zero-vis conditions, but this is not one of them.  Nice morning at mt. rose with the homie, got some soft turns on-piste, absolutely no one else there, I was so happy to be riding.  Not sure what happened with the internet filters on this selfy, but I was also happy to have some rime on my beard and snot icicles on my face again!

@brymans photo

-b
get bent
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by shwazy

Originally posted by hana24

wait, I thought you were a Mammoth rider?

She's a nomad, she moves from one ski town to the next every season.  Yay for work at home jobs!  LOL
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2013 at 2:44pm
I kinda convinced my friend to have his daughter learn how to ride this year. Told him I would lend him all my gear so he doesnt have to pay for equipment too. hopefully he bites!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2013 at 5:49pm
day 6.... still going mellow.

blower powzer day with the crew.  it was sweet.  rode the gnu beast and am really digging it.

me and brian/akpeterson on the chair

screenshot of brian flippin'

Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2013 at 7:08am
Finally got to test a small backyard jump I made earlier in the fall after about 10 inches of snow last week, took a while to track out a runway but it works pretty decent. Wish i had more space after the landing for more speed though.

Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2013 at 2:16pm
I'm calling DAY THREE this morning, got out with a little group including my wife and hiked Diamond Peak before the lifts opened.  Good group for a quick up and down, two tele skiers and FOUR splitboarders (yeah!).  The resort is cool with uphill traffic, apparently, and we had a dog with us as well.  Nice to rip fresh corduroy, at the very least, and stretch the legs a little.  

Been using strava (I know) for MTB rides the last couple months and it's handy, I will likely be using that for bc tours this season to get a more accurate pic of what I'm doing.  Here's a gpx track from DP overlaid on google earth:

dp

Exciting I know.  Never been to DP in the day before, that place has great sight lines from the ridge and surprisingly awesome views.  I wish Tahoe was getting the snow everyone else is enjoying but . . . well at least I have a baker trip coming up in the near future.  

-b
get bent
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2013 at 7:06am

None of my son's high school friends snowboard, I guess we're too far from the mountains or it's too expensive. Got five days in so far, but we're no longer riding in the rain or catching the last lift ride when conditions are not good.
But I might get some kiteboarding in today- we have a heat wave in December- and then boarding Monday and Tuesday.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by belleayre

None of my son's high school friends snowboard, I guess we're too far from the mountains or it's too expensive. Got five days in so far, but we're no longer riding in the rain or catching the last lift ride when conditions are not good.
But I might get some kiteboarding in today- we have a heat wave in December- and then boarding Monday and Tuesday.

It's really the cost that holds people back because you can't just jump into it, you have to have some basic gears which isn't cheap.  However, if they have the chance to try it out then they would probably enjoy it.
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2013 at 2:46pm
I definitely plan to have my future kids snowboard, but I'm sure thats easier said than done. 

Day 13 @ Bear. Cruised at Summit most of the day showing a friend how to do BS1's. She actually landed them so pretty stoked. Bear's set up was okay. Jibs were great but jumps were lacking any pop. Still a fun day on the slopes, can't wait for Mammoth this weekend, staying til New Years :) 
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2013 at 3:13pm

Day 5 for me. POW day!  10ish inches of super fluffy champagne pow!  It nuked snow off and on all day.  Always snowing, just sometimes harder than others.  Surprisingly cold too.. the wind really picked up at the end of the day.  I was on the Thrive Renegade, it did OK.  Still has lots of pop and speed.  I'm thinking that we now have enough snow to bring DK out to play for a couple days riding this weekend.

Pic was from the AM on a lift.  My cousin got a nice big face full of fluff on the previous run, and we were on our way to the mid way lodge to hit the hair dryer to get her goggles back to life.  I had plenty of ice from multiple face shots too.  Heck of a day.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by kirium81

I definitely plan to have my future kids snowboard, but I'm sure thats easier said than done. 

Day 13 @ Bear. Cruised at Summit most of the day showing a friend how to do BS1's. She actually landed them so pretty stoked. Bear's set up was okay. Jibs were great but jumps were lacking any pop. Still a fun day on the slopes, can't wait for Mammoth this weekend, staying til New Years :) 

According to my nieces and nephews, their biggest complaints is the cold other than that, they enjoy hitting the slopes.  

Dude, I gotta know, where do you usually lodge at in Mammoth?  I'm booked for Mammoth Presidents Day weekend, 8 bills for 3 nights at one of the condos by the lift..  
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2013 at 7:53pm
First ride of the season coming up Thursday for me, nothing special just up north Michigan but should be fun.
kzootimmy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kzootimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2013 at 7:46am
board wax and ready to go, can't wait
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2013 at 11:58am
Finally got my first weekend in at N* this last weekend.  It was great to be up there riding with my friends.  With only an 18 inch base I didn't have much expectation but the park was great and found a few runs to open it up in. Overall had a great weekend.  

With that being said...NOW SNOW!
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2013 at 9:34am
Day 4 was a christmas shred at Mt. Rose.  What a shitshow.  But even though there were more people then I've ever seen there (many toting sleds and very few of them speaking any language I recognized), it seemed like they all came to stand around the kiddie area.  Almost no one was riding the real lift.  Not that there's anything to brag about since all we have is man-made with a couple groomers open, but the sun came out and it was nice.  

You can take a girl out of the midwest . . . but the wife still rides in jeans (and apparently loves it, Wink):

@brymans photo

And then we took the dogs for a MTB ride behind the crib, all in all a nice little mid-week holiday

@brymans photo

-b
get bent
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>