Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 34567 8>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Online Status: Offline
  Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain's Log 2014 (Rider's Log)
    Posted: Feb/20/2014 at 11:46am
This is a video i made from riding on Valentine's Day
Check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBccVynv0Ow
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2014 at 1:29pm
^^^ youtube is not pleased with your choice of music, apparently

Geek

-b
get bent
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2014 at 4:19pm
Youtube likes to complain about everything.  Also, the video doesn't work anymore because of copyright.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2014 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Youtube likes to complain about everything.  Also, the video doesn't work anymore because of copyright.  LOL

Sad face :( I knew they would get to me eventually
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Cannon. on the ground nothing new!

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2014 at 6:40pm
okie dokes... So wednesday was day 8 a shorter day for me. Got to Waterville around 10:45 and it was swamped... stupid mass vacation... got a few good turns in before it got all bumped, and moguled out. pretty much took to the park after that... got some nice hits in off some rails... i really wanna try to learn board slides within the next few trips... I just started messing around in the park this year. Anyways the snow was soft so i was able to push my limits a bit which was nice. It started nuking around 2:00 so i decided to b*tch out and high tail out of there since i only had the 2wd. I had a 4:00 appointment to look at houses anyways so it worked out well. heres some pics of the day, i really didnt take any pics of the smaller park and the features i was hitting because i didnt wanna waste a pass through the park to do that. 

the ride there

It comes and it goes, get it while it lasts.
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2014 at 7:44pm
^did you know you can put those straps on your toes, as opposed to across the top of your foot?  It will give you better performance and won't pinch your toes.
FreeCarve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Maalaea Freight Trains

Quote FreeCarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2014 at 6:02am
Whenever I do that, a hard frontside turn just shoves the strap back over the top of my foot .. so I just leave them where they want to be.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2014 at 12:40pm
^ Your pics aren't showing up for me, but by chance do you ride Union Bindings?

My Union Atlas's toe straps come up over the top when I bust out some super hard turns, jumps, bumps, and the like.  I usually don't notice until half way down the run though. LOL
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Piranha

^did you know you can put those straps on your toes, as opposed to across the top of your foot?  It will give you better performance and won't pinch your toes.

I tried to put them on my toes, i wear size 13 boots so its a weird fit when i do that. It's like all off to the side and twists my boot bec i have to really jam it in there. maybe when i get some low footprint boots... those boots are 5 years old and on their last season so maybe next year...

Originally posted by JDiggidy

^ Your pics aren't showing up for me, but by chance do you ride Union Bindings?

My Union Atlas's toe straps come up over the top when I bust out some super hard turns, jumps, bumps, and the like.  I usually don't notice until half way down the run though. LOL

Yeah, theyre Union Forces... I like them so far... just wish they had the toe strap that the cartels have.
vicente View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2014 at 5:54pm
what size bindings are those?

AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2014 at 6:28pm
L/XL, the biggest ones you can get from union. I tried to put the toe strap on the last hole but still wasn't right. And i havent had any luck being able to figure out how to adjust the ladders.
2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2014 at 7:23pm
Went to Sierra@Tahoe yesterday
Spring condition, icy to start but soften up as the day went on. Backside is open along with most of the parks. Awesome day.

^Ajd13
The heelcup loop can be adjusted as well in case you didn't know. I haven't done it since I last adjusted it but I think all you have to do is unscrew the ankle strap and ankle ladder strap (or there might be another set of screws that hold the highback). You'll figure it out, or go back to the factory instruction. From there, the heelcup loop should be free to slide in and out. 3 positions, 0,1, and 2.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 12 CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy 147 / 13 Union Rosa / 12 Burton Cartel Restricted.
vicente View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2014 at 8:47pm
I rarely have trouble with my toe caps coming off any more, just had to figure out a pretty exact place to put them on. 

2zz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2014 at 10:29am
Was talking to my buddy last night. He has size 13 boots in Union Contact Pro in L/XL. He rides with the toe strap on top just like AJD13 instead of at the end. He could get the toe strap to the end but is not as comfy and it slips off after laying down some aggressive toe edges.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 12 CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy 147 / 13 Union Rosa / 12 Burton Cartel Restricted.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2014 at 7:02pm
Day 15, the wife and I snuck out for a couple splitboard laps at Tamarack.  Total spring conditions, actually not a bad base left from the last storm.  The dogs are pleased because the snow has all consolidated and it's an easier time for them, in fact the striped one knocked me over from behind when I started down the hill this morning (bitch!)

tamrakk

-b 
get bent
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by 2zz

^Ajd13 
The heelcup loop can be adjusted as well in case you didn't know. I haven't done it since I last adjusted it but I think all you have to do is unscrew the ankle strap and ankle ladder strap (or there might be another set of screws that hold the highback). You'll figure it out, or go back to the factory instruction. From there, the heelcup loop should be free to slide in and out. 3 positions, 0,1, and 2.

yeah, it looks like i can move the highback backwards a little toward the cup. that would give me a little space, but i dont know if it will be enough, right now it looks like the boot fits pretty well other than the toe strap. doesnt really bother me that much... 

Originally posted by vicente

I rarely have trouble with my toe caps coming off any more, just had to figure out a pretty exact place to put them on. 

They do like to slip on the unions.. i think its the material they use idk.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2014 at 8:48am
Day 16 solo hike, getting thinner up there but the "base" is holding, Tahoe could be good next weekend if we get a couple feet of refresh like I'm hearing.  Found some refrozen chunder up top, some corn, some punchy-ness and even some awesome sugar snow in the trees.  We'll call it variable conditions at the moment.  

Tamarack

Of course I'm leaving Saturday, so it's practically guaranteed to be good next weekend haha Ouch

-b
get bent
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2014 at 1:27pm
Day 9, Went to Waterville. Great day empty slopes not a soul in my way today... except for at the base lodge when some lady skier decided to run into me from behind while i was unstrapping... she then proceeded to act like it was my fault... some people... anyways the conditions were weird today, it was classic east coast "snow" really hard icy snow. but the weather didn't know what it wanted to do today... it was windy, then it was still... then it was greybird... then bluebird... then cold, then hot.... it sucked only because my eyes were constantly adjusting to the changes in light. Sat down hard on a thick tube rail today too.... My butt is a little bruised up now... No pics today, didnt feel like taking any.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2014 at 3:13pm
Day 13 Sunday.  With 21 inches over the course of the weekend, it was aaaallll good.  The SnowTell weather station in the Cole Creek drainage (a real weather station... not a Ski Hill exaggerating) is now officially reading 64 inches of base.  INSANE out there!  

I really did some crazy exploring on Sunday.  After years of riding the same mountain, I found some really neat places. There's so much snow, entire secret stashes have been opened up.  The random dude just kinda gave me a thumbs up an we popped into some trees and found this ridiculously awesome line.  I've ridden past the entrance and the exit 100 times each... and have never seen the line.  Oh man... so much fun out there.

Getting super stoked for this weekend! It's time for Carnival (mardi gras on snow up here) and I have a buddy flying in that i haven't ridden with for 6 years (haven't seen for almost 2) and another buddy who only gets to come out and ride once or twice a year.  He lives about 6 hours away and works a ton, so it's tough. 

The forecast for this little adventure? 16-18 inches predicted in an all out Winter Storm Warning!! WOO HOO!!! Big smile
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
adeodadus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Undaunted

Quote adeodadus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2014 at 6:57pm
Any of you guys been to Snowmass lately?  Any recommendations for dates?
Fear is the Mind Killer
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2014 at 11:55am
was there not long ago, they just got another foot or so in the last couple days.  april gets pretty warm there so I would try and schedule a day ahead of then, unless you want potential for spring conditions (which are fun!).

did a few days at monarch last weekend.  cat trip on friday.  not a ton of snow but still a great place to ride.  don't have to worry about the summit egos.  much more relaxed.

x_X
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2014 at 9:56am
Got 3 ft over the weekend - best dump we've had in almost 2 years, but the snow was extremely dense.  Got up to the mtn day after the storm (idiot) and was pissed to find I could barely turn when I went off groomers.  However, once it warmed up, the depths softened and, fortunately, I was one of the few who had a powder specific board that could power through it.  I ripped fresh tracks all afternoon and even got to shred the east side of our resort (the natural/uncleared side), which has been too shallow the past couple of seasons.

AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2014 at 5:04pm
Day 10 was wednesday. I think it was one of my better days, i spent it in the park, i was doing stupid little stalls off this angled box/wall, and coming down switch at the end of the park all day long. It was fun, but i probably looked awkward as hell doing it and not cool as the guys ive seen in a few videos... Also got some crazy pop and landed deep down on a rail for the first time felt nice... next time wasnt so nice... I'm really beating the crap out of myself up here this year but i dont mind to much. Overall a good day! there wasnt a soul around, other than some guys filming an edit, and the special olympics, some of those kids are really good!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2014 at 9:00pm

Got 3 ft over the weekend - best dump we've had in almost 2 years, but the snow was extremely dense.  Got up to the mtn day after the storm (idiot) and was pissed to find I could barely turn when I went off groomers.  However, once it warmed up, the depths softened and, fortunately, I was one of the few who had a powder specific board that could power through it.  I ripped fresh tracks all afternoon and even got to shred the east side of our resort (the natural/uncleared side), which has been too shallow the past couple of seasons.

nice pic...where is this?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2014 at 8:58am
day 35 yesterday. rode ryan's fishcuit with the pad on it.. sooooooooooooooo fun! cruised some cold spring groomers and had a hoot. powzer coming tomorrow too :)

couple screenshots.... getting low, and an ollie from cat track to flat

Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by shwazy

nice pic...where is this?
china peak - little hometown resort about an hour north of fresno
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2014 at 11:42pm
^^nice riding Smile
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2014 at 10:08am
Originally posted by shwazy

^^nice riding Smile
I agree, that's good snowboarding.  That's how I ride: unless I'm bombing for speed, I'm always doing surfy turns...on groomers and pow. 

Pissed me off last weekend seeing so many "snowboarders" traversing straight or sideslipping down the mountain and just chunking up the powder because they can't snowboard worth a sh*t.  Now, I understand the skiers argument...although most of them aren't much better (even though they think they are).  It would be ideal if people who don't have a pow board and/or don't know how to ride pow, stayed on the groomers and learned on the sides...but that's never going to happen.
capncone View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote capncone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2014 at 1:19pm
 I kind of stopped counting, but I think this week was approximately days 21-27? Maybe 23-29. 

It's vacation time for the school I'm at, and I was lucky enough to get to work during the week-long ski trip they do. 6 days of studying/school work in the morning and then riding the afternoons, and little activities for the kids in the evenings. The only downside to this is off-trail riding is strictly forbidden, and since I was leading a group of students I couldn't exactly break the rules. It had just dumped before the first day, too...

We still got some powder turns on the sides of trails the first few days, and then the last four it warmed up a ton and turned into spring conditions, which is how it looks like it's going to stay for at least the next week. Spent a bunch of time practicing switch and just messing around on little jumps and things with the students. The kids I was with were total rippers since they grew up in the Alps. They're only 12 or 13, but they're going to be waaaayyy better than me in a few years. 

View off the backside of the top: 

Cool Poma lift through the trees

Mountains

Birds hanging out at the top

Full size pics : http://imgur.com/a/Hjoct
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2014 at 4:44pm
nice capencone, the terrain you are on is unbelievable!
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2014 at 9:52am
Great stuff guys, good to see people getting after it when I check back in.  Went to Colorado with the wife for Days 17-21 or so.  It was mostly unbelievable awesome great conditions.  Actually that's all it was, probably the most epic trip ever.  

On sunday and monday we, along with my tele friend Brian who rips, hooked up with killclimbz and scorer099 for some backcountry damage at Berthoud pass and then Vail pass the next day.  It mostly looked like this (thanks for the photo killclimbz, you're doing great work with that dslr):

And sometimes like this:

berthoud
Those guys showed us a good time.  The berthod day was a classic tour and the vail pass day was a lonely sled-assisted pillow zone that we lapped a whole bunch and killclimbz took pictures of us getting rad that are basically the best thing I have ever seen.  

Then on Tuesday we headed down to Telluride and hooked up with a dozen or so old friends for a ski trip we've been doing for 15-20 years.  It was so fun to party with those guys and conditions have been pretty poor the last few years so we really enjoyed the blower snow at t-ride Wednesday and Friday, super fun mountain too.  My wife brought her fish LTD and I rode the hovercraft (when we weren't on our splits) and those boards were perfect this time.  

On Thursday 8 of us took a side trip to Silverton for guided riding, which I have been stoked about forever.  If you don't know what's there check it out, that is a program with all sorts of character unlike any other. Unfortunately they broke our group up but that might have actually been better since the dudes they took out live at sea level and probably weren't prepared for much bootpack at 12k.  Super great day, our guide was great and we were stoked on everything we rode, including some alpine gnar, steep powder runs and even trees, bumps and what not.  

Ended the day with a heli bump, first time I've done that.  Honestly the stuff we hiked earlier in the day was probably better but we were all amped for the (short as F) heli ride and it was a cool experience:

silverton

silverton1

Both wednesday and friday were surprise pow days at t-ride and we rode in various groups, drank beer and enjoyed the entire resort experience.  Telluride is a super-fun town to hang in as well.  Most of us took the day off and raged on Saturday and then yesterday was a brutal travel day . . . now back to work haha!  

-b

P.S.  Did I mention that I found out last week I have won a trip to Baldface from FrequencyTSJ?  I could not be more excited for freq week, it appears I may get to ride a bit more pow this season!!!
get bent
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2014 at 10:42am
^living the dream - good for you, bry
Migoo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Heaven

Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2014 at 7:01pm
^ +1 Looks and sounds epic! Always wanted to hit Silverotn, but it's not lined up so far... 1 day.

Won a trip to Baldface. that's mad.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2014 at 7:05pm
hell yes!
AJD13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote AJD13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2014 at 11:19am
Day 11 was yesterday went to Waterville... I kinda stopped taking pics bec i feel like i take pics of the same stuff anymore... anyways got a nice big gash in my leg from this new box they put in, but hey its part of the game... and i also got the most air i've ever gotten... my pop was on point yesterday... on jumps where i'd normally send it close to the knuckle i was sending deep into the landings... hopefully i can keep that up and be spinning by the end of the year. 
capncone View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote capncone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2014 at 7:24am
Damn, Bryman. You are literally living a dream so many of us have. Keep it up. Any chance of seeing some video from your powder-fest?

Spring has arrived here, so days 28 and 29 were solo, slushy park days. It's like somebody flipped a switch: It dumped quite a bit about a week and a half ago, then there was one day of overcast, and since then it's been sunny and warm.

Monday was nice and soft, so after 11 years of riding I finally worked up the courage to try some spins off of a decent sized booter, and realized it's not so bad. After falling pretty much all day I landed my first ever respectable 360 on my last run.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was sunny again, and slushy pretty much all over except for the landings of the jumps, which were nice and hard. Bummer. Didn't really put down a single trick, but I did manage to pull off the rare Edge Catch on the Takeoff to Air to Butt Landing Directly on the Knuckle. That was pretty much the end of my day, since I had already slammed plenty earlier on. Pretty sore now, but it feels good knowing that I actually pushed myself for once. 

There was snow there a few weeks ago...

Not sure if anyone's familiar with these, but I've personally only seen them here, and they're at quite a few resorts. For some chairs they have conveyer belts that you ride onto and they move you along until the chair comes and scoops you up. Maybe a way to avoid having to put in a detachable quad? Kind of bizarre, but it works.

)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2014 at 9:32am
bryman - that looks freaking awesome.  Sounds like a perfectly timed trip.
x_X
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2014 at 11:17am
^^we have that conveyer belt thing at our resort...it's annoying. It's easier for liftees because they don't have to maintain the snow under the takeoff, but beginners get tripped up by the abruptness of riding onto rough rubber, which causes a lot more stoppages.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2014 at 4:37pm
day 37, fishcuit, surprise pow day.  had a pretty unreal-ly fun time, especially in the steep trees as seen below.  this thing is the real deal.... I really needed the money at the time but I sure regret getting rid of mine.  at least my buddy is nice enough to let me ride his for a while.

seriously though... fishcuit.  you need one.

capncone View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote capncone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2014 at 5:53pm
Yummy lookin stuff. How is the Fishcuit different than the Fish? Just a smaller version?

Also, anyone have any experience with the 2005 Fish? I have an opportunity to grab one for 80 bucks and I'm tempted...
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2014 at 6:32pm
for 80, do it!  it was basically the same shape without the swallowtail, and it's full camber instead of s-rocker.

the fishcuit is sort of a nug version of the fish in a way.. it's not just a 148 fish at all, it's fully designed to be a 148 that does not ride like one.  it's actually a hair wider than a fish 56, and it has 35mm taper instead of 30.  visually, mostly the tail just looks a little smaller all around, and I guess the nose is a hair shorter but it doesn't really strike me when I look down at it.

to me, it is like riding a slightly more nimble fish, and you can tell it's a little smaller but not by much.. then cross it with a skateboard, and add a little bit of nug dust.  I love the little thing and it rips.  I wouldn't be stoked on it if it didn't!
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2014 at 9:28pm
Spencer do you know anyone who has tried the Spliff?  It is also a 48 so I am curious how it handles the pow as a splitboard.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2014 at 10:34am
I have a female friend with one but I don't know if her feedback would be of any use, especially since it's her first split and she hasn't used it much

my friend jeremy has a nug 46 and loves it in pow, and I'm always surprised at how well it seems to work.  for the most part though, you have to be more on top of it since it is shorter, so you don't have stability from length, just surface area, but they do float well.  the spliff is the directional nug, but it's also got more camber than anything (slightly mellower, though), with an early rise nose that gradually comes up starting around the binding
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2014 at 12:27pm

^^we have that conveyer belt thing at our resort...it's annoying. It's easier for liftees because they don't have to maintain the snow under the takeoff, but beginners get tripped up by the abruptness of riding onto rough rubber, which causes a lot more stoppages.

I was thinking the same thing too, it looks like it would cause more problems for noobies or anyone that's wasted.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2014 at 2:35pm
Corn season in Tahoe!  Yesterday (Day 22) got some at Mt. Rose in the morning with the wife, then an epic MTB ride from just below the resort with some bros in the afternoon

It was a solid day, loving the spring conditions.  It's like 70 degrees here in Reno today!

-b
get bent
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2014 at 12:22am
day 40, rode the squash tail charlie 54 that I cut last night.  it was fun!  still prefer a 58 charlie as they ride pretty true to size for me, so this one felt a little small for my taste in powzer, but that's not to say it didn't work.. cause it was pretty rad to ride.

also filmed most of the day with brandon sorel, one of the burton knowbuddies who has made Juneau his home base for the last year and a half. we're thinking we may film a couple more days this week with the fresh snow.. either way, shooting to make a little knowbuddy at eaglecrest edit.

some screenshots

late back 3.. went pretty far

sending it through the trees

tree taps

Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2014 at 7:40am
^those pictures are awesome. that jump through the trees looks like so much fun.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2014 at 8:14am
agreed the blast through the trees is a sweet pic
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2014 at 8:56am
that was a weird one to film, there's not really a good spot to set up there, so I followed him in.  turned out kinda cool though, ie I didn't totally blow it haha.
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2014 at 12:40pm
wish we'd get at least one more dump this season
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>