Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
snowboardslider View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Online Status: Offline
  Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Few, The Proud, The Marines
    Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 8:22pm
This Thread is dedicated to the United States Marine Corps;
all who gave some, and some who gave all. for the ones who serve, had served, and the ones making the choice to serve, as United States Marines. Semper Fi! 
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 3:44am
Thats nice. And by nice i mean... really? On an international website? 

Sorry, i should add, i know youre just trying to say something nice. But as someone not from the US and not really brought up in militarist culture (despite actually growing up on air force bases because my dad was in the RAF), it can be deemed a little insensitive. Or rather the topic material will likely cause offence. and no doubt even should this thread get off the ground, its not going to end well. 

This is respectful disagreement you understand. As its phrased, it really stands as an invitation to conflict and discord. :)
m00m
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 5:23am
^ Consider the source, Ippy.  The goofy bastard is a lightning rod for conflict and discord.
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 6:02am
it's quite simple, if you don't want to raise conflict, don't start it. 

x_X
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 9:10am
Originally posted by ctoma

The goofy bastard is a lightning rod for conflict and discord.

JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 12:07pm
Oh ya, this is going to be great! Clown

/sits back with popcorn
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 3:34pm
I took a video of JDiggidy in his living room. This is what's happening in there right now:

| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by snowboardslider

This Thread is dedicated to the United States Marine Corps;
all who gave some, and some who gave all. for the ones who serve, had served, and the ones making the choice to serve, as United States Marines. Semper Fi! 

I'm taking Slidur's side on this one Ippy, the Marines are awesome shtooking 'eh!

And OP, go ahead and change your avatar to the dead deer please

-b
get bent
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2013 at 5:54am
Originally posted by ippollite

Sorry, i should add, i know youre just trying to say something nice. But as someone not from the US and not really brought up in militarist culture (despite actually growing up on air force bases because my dad was in the RAF), it can be deemed a little insensitive. Or rather the topic material will likely cause offence. and no doubt even should this thread get off the ground, its not going to end well. 

This is respectful disagreement you understand. As its phrased, it really stands as an invitation to conflict and discord. :)
Likewise, I understand where you are coming from and respect that.
however, my intent, as you wisely saw, is not to belittle anybody not in the service or not an American. I am merely exited as the time comes to transition to becoming a Marine.
I made this thread to connect with other Marines.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2013 at 6:01am

^ Consider the source, Ippy.  The goofy bastard is a lightning rod for conflict and discord.

ah, Ctoma, it's so good to hear from you again. how've you been" I've been well, but missing your constructive criticism. oh how bland life has been. Likewise, you my good sir are attracted to me. it shows when you cannot resist but comment on my well intending posts. while I don't mind, and cannot stop you. keep in mind that you look like a fool, and nobody cares to hear what negative things you have to say about me.
I shall be a Marine, with all the respect and prestige that that title brings, but you will remain a coward behind a computer.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2013 at 6:15am
^ You joined?  Awesome, win for everyone!  Starting with your family and friends who will no longer be prodded into buying the pyramid scheme crap you've been peddling.  Win for us because the Marines should keep you busy to the point you will not be posting your goofy shit here any more.  Win for you because (hopefully) the Marines will straighten your goofy ass out.

Remember, respect and prestige are earned, not given as a result of a title.

Having said that I wish you the best of luck, you goofy bastard!

Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2013 at 10:45am
OohRah.  Good luck (if they'll have you) Slidur!

-b
get bent
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 7:34am
I was just talking to a Veteran who served in the Navy for 24 years the other day while stopping at a McDonald's. it was great to hear his story and hear the wisdom he had to give.
God keeps sending people my way to help shape what I want to do when I enlist. right now I feel Him calling me to Motor Transportation, which will hopefully lead to trucking in the civilian world. Thoughts, comments, criticisms or harsh remarks are welcome.
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 10:05am
^^^ does this mean that you have not actually enlisted yet since you're speaking in future (hypothetical) sense?

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 10:18am
-b, I share your extreme disappointment, I figured the goofy one had already enlisted, too.

slider - What are you waiting for?  All the signs are there... God sending vets over to talk to you at McD's, people telling you to go take a hike, doors slamming in your face as you peddle Cutco Knives... not to mention the dream I had the other night... Buddha came to me in my dream and instructed me to inform you that your window of opportunity to join the Marines is shrinking... enlist today!!!  Get 'er done!!!!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2013 at 10:29am
Originally posted by namsapalooza

I took a video of JDiggidy in his living room. This is what's happening in there right now:

/ yep... pretty much sums it up.  LOL
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
wcsd96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote wcsd96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2013 at 8:19pm
I dont know much about your history OP with the others, but i offer you caution about thinking that because you are a marine, or plan to be one, does not make you special or better than anyone else. Don't think youre above the law or deserve special treatment. Don't shove your service in peoples faces thinking they should open doors for you. Yes, being enlisted can lead to future careers but its not guaranteed. You have to work hard for it. And if you struggle in the military chances are likely you may struggle outside of it as well. Please don't ride on the coat tails of those who have gone before you without being in their shoes. Wearing the uniform is about honoring what they have done and defending our country, not so you can reap the benefits of military discounts and titles no one else cares about. Boot camps and service isn't what it used to be 10yrs ago, let alone during Vietnam or Pearl Harbor.

I truly wish you the best of luck in your service and pray that you find what you are looking for.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2013 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by wcsd96

I don't know much about your history OP with the others, but i offer you caution about thinking that because you are a marine, or plan to be one, does not make you special or better than anyone else. Don't think youre above the law or deserve special treatment. Don't shove your service in peoples faces thinking they should open doors for you. Yes, being enlisted can lead to future careers but its not guaranteed. You have to work hard for it. And if you struggle in the military chances are likely you may struggle outside of it as well. Please don't ride on the coat tails of those who have gone before you without being in their shoes. Wearing the uniform is about honoring what they have done and defending our country, not so you can reap the benefits of military discounts and titles no one else cares about. Boot camps and service isn't what it used to be 10yrs ago, let alone during Vietnam or Pearl Harbor.

I truly wish you the best of luck in your service and pray that you find what you are looking for.
wow, thank you for the advice sir. I will take to heart what you wrote. The Recruiting station gave me an unrealistic idea of what life as a Marine would be about. what you said is somewhat painful, but it's the truth, and sometimes it hurts, but it needs to be said. society is too politically correct nowadays. rant over.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you are a veteran, and await your reply...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2013 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by namsapalooza

fascinating! I am mesmerized by this dude. this clip of redundancy. though difficult, I will find where it loops, however long it takes. thank you for posting. I truly hope you enjoy the ride, though I merely intended to connect with Marines, I relish the idea of you joining me in this voyage, neigh, quest.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

^^^ does this mean that you have not actually enlisted yet since you're speaking in future (hypothetical) sense?

-b
yes, good sir, I am in the process of becoming a Marine. I am not there yet.
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2013 at 7:03am
Nice of you to post 3 consecutive messages... lol...  OoooRAH!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by JoeyGlazer

Nice of you to post 3 consecutive messages... lol...  OoooRAH!
If I am in error in my postings, please do inform me what I did wrong. I thought I was merely responding to the replies, but I still haven't figured out how to do so properly.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2014 at 10:20am
hello everybody. recentlyI had the opportunity to inquire about the well being of a friend of mine, Land Corporal Johnson. He began to tell me about his duties as a Marine cook, and having done so advised me to not sign up for said position. He went on to describe the utter boredom he and his fellow Marines experience while employed. He spends a lot of his time working out in the gym, constantly improving. When I interjected that it doesn't sound as motivating as PT at our office, he replied, "I am motivation, I bring it wherever I go." It's people like him who inspire me to continue on the road to becoming part of the worlds finest fighting force, the United States Marines.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2014 at 10:36am
Quit jabbering about it and just sign up already.  Action, not words.
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2014 at 10:41am
^^yes

until then this is just a what if blog full of mindless scenarios.  Marines are something to be proud of but also earned.
x_X
BANDWAGON View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote BANDWAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2014 at 10:43am
i see something coming here...maybe it's time to commit. anybody with me??
Come on ride the train
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2014 at 2:21pm
sideways99, )(nfinit)(, and Bandwagon: I apologize for your being annoyed with my delay in merely doing what I say I'm going to do (Integrity). Unfortunately, I am afflicted with braces on my teeth, preventing me from going down to Recruit Training. Hopefully they will come off in under a year. Until then I can only dream, and learn knowledge, and improve my ist.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2014 at 3:05pm
^ wtf? you can't be a marine if you have braces?? O_o

Sleepy tired thread. time for some dinosaurs in ms paint
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2014 at 5:53am
there are those who constantly talk about what they are going to do and others who do it.  I guess we provide the audience for such discussions.  
x_X
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2014 at 6:39am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

^ wtf? you can't be a marine if you have braces?? O_o

Sleepy tired thread. time for some dinosaurs in ms paint

Ask and ye shall receive....

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2014 at 11:13am
Ctoma never disappoints, the dinosaur looks so real!  LOL  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 8:23am

Originally posted by JDiggidy

time for some dinosaurs in ms paint

Ask and ye shall receive....

LOL totally lol'd inappropriately loud at work...  my day has been made.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 10:01am
I love the braces on the dino!

The problem w/ OP's post, as Ippy pointed out, is that this is an international website. Not everyone here are in America, or Americans. And not everyone share the same political views. It may be perfectly appropriate to support the Marines in the USA, just as it is perfectly appropriate to support the military in North Korea. But, what would your reaction be if someone posted their excitement and eagerness to join the Koreans People's Army? Same with Cuba, Iran, Sudan, or Syria. And they come here to connect to others who have joined the military in these countries.

As Americans, we often forget that there's a world out there with different peoples and different ideologies. And we believe that everyone thinks like us, or should think like us. And we become insensitive to the cultures and beliefs of other societies. Let's step back and read in the perspective of others when we post pro-(insert your country here) comments on international forums, especially when its about politics or the military. But, I have no problem with national pride/support when it comes to international sports like the World Cup or Olympics, though. Because nobody gets killed...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 10:29am
^ lightning nailed it.  * golf clap *
BANDWAGON View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote BANDWAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 10:45am
people are too damn sensitive. Marines are sweet and while I fully support peoples freedom to disagree, comparing us to North Korea is not acceptable. We have the freedom of opinion, a lot of which we can thank those who fought before us for, you don't get those same freedoms elsewhere.

I fully support the marines and the military, I can disagree with political agendas and other crap but that's my freedom.

to the original post, absolutely nothing wrong with it so don't get your shorts in a wad, not like someone said lets go attack (insert country here). I for one thank the marines and the rest of the Armed Forces, I enjoy my freedom and would like to keep it that way.

the braces excuse, that's a new one.
Come on ride the train
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 11:18am
The Americans have the Marines and other armed forces to thank for their freedoms, liberties, and livelihood; no doubt. At the same time, the Iraqis (and insert a number of other nationalities here) have the Marines and other US armed forces to thank for their dead parents, children, relatives, friends, and neighbors. Who's right or wrong depends on which side you're on. Our side is not always right...

All I'm saying is that this is not the appropriate place for this type of topic, not that the topic itself is wrong.
BANDWAGON View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote BANDWAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 12:13pm
i will respectfully disagree. people can react how they wish to the thread, but that doesn't mean it should cease to exist. just like the politics thread, differing opinions are acceptable. i'll keep my freedom of speech, thanks.
Come on ride the train
belleayre View Drop Down
Local
Local
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 3:02pm
neigh quest?

neigh
nā/< =":/png;64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAAcUlEQVQ4y2P4//8/AyUYQhAH3gNxA7IAIQPmo/H3g/QA8XkgFiBkwHyoYnRQABVfj88AmGZcTuuHyjlgMwBZM7IE3NlQGhQe65EN+I8Dw8MLGgYoFpFqADK/YUAMwOsFigORatFIlYRElaRMWmaiBA0n+3U0kqkAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=" height="16" ="" width="16" style="height: 16px; width: 16px;">
noun
  1. 1.
    a characteristic high-pitched sound uttered by a horse.
verb
  1. 1.
    (of a horse) make a characteristic high-pitched sound; utter a neigh.
    synonyms:whinnybray More
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2014 at 10:16pm
lightning. I respectfully disagree as well. nobody likes political correctness, so lets stop pretending. thank you, bandwagon, for not jumping on their bandwagon in insulting me. (a popular activity on this website). my very reason to become a Marine, to defend the US constitution which gives me freedom of speech and press.
oh, and what was wrong with belleayre's post? as this is my thread, I was offended that it was marked as spam. a cheap troll move. rather, I thought it to be comical. I said 'neigh' in an above post, and he laid out webster. (something I would do)
as per the braces 'excuse', recruits are not allowed to have braces. otherwise I'd be a Marine already.
NickinChicago View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by ippollite

I understand I am extremely late to this conversation, but I just don't get your response. You do realize that every website is pretty much an international website right? You do also realize that this website just so happens to be based in the country he is talking about right? It is sad that you get offended by someone talking about our military. Ever heard of just ignoring a topic you might not like? Not sure why you even made that comment.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2014 at 5:26am

as per the braces 'excuse', recruits are not allowed to have braces. otherwise I'd be a Marine already.

I have pliers at home, come on over and I'll help you out with the braces situation so you can be a Marine sooner than later.

LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by sideways99

I have pliers at home, come on over and I'll help you out with the braces situation so you can be a Marine sooner than later.

Wow, I can't believe I've been missing out by not reading this thread sooner.  This is gold.  All of it.  

Now that I consider myself a regular reader, may I suggest, slider, that while you are waiting the braces situation to be resolved, that you apprise us regularly on how quickly you can do 75 pushups.  

I think that would be valuable because:
1-readers of this website will care
and 
2-if I was committed to joining something that will push my limits that much, and I had time to get a head start, I would be doing so.  I think the P90x thread will offer some helpful advice.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
CBK Rail Jam (5 yrs old)

Quote snowboardslider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by LeerroooyJenkins

Originally posted by sideways99

Wow, I can't believe I've been missing out by not reading this thread sooner.  This is gold.  All of it.  

Now that I consider myself a regular reader, may I suggest, slider, that while you are waiting the braces situation to be resolved, that you apprise us regularly on how quickly you can do 75 pushups.  

I think that would be valuable because:
1-readers of this website will care
and 
2-if I was committed to joining something that will push my limits that much, and I had time to get a head start, I would be doing so.  I think the P90x thread will offer some helpful advice.
ha, thanks Leroy, glad you found the magical pot-o-gold lad. I officially welcome you to this adventure of a thread.
additionally, thank you for showing concern for my physical development in preparation to joining the Marines. we aren't required to do pushups for a score, though I can do about 40. My IST score is 18 pull ups(wide grip), 130 sit ups in two minutes, and a run time of 1 1/2 miles in 10:30(with boots and jeans). Oorah!
as for sideways99's comment about removing the braces- I wish it were that simple. my teeth need to be corrected completely, or they could revert back to their old position. they are also paid off. it may take another year. not sure. but there is no 'quick fix', nor is there in life!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2014 at 1:46pm
^ Another year before the braces come off?  We have to listen to this drivel for another damned year?  Just get them off, join the Marines and one of the Marines will get tired of your whining and knock your teeth out.  Problem solved.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2014 at 10:54am
If you can only do 40, you must be doing real Marine pushups and not those BS Army pushups.  Good to hear you are getting ready though.  Those are some solid numbers.  I expect them to improve 10% each month though (well, maybe 5% on the run time).
 Post Reply Post Reply