Xbox 360 - come and play with me

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 4546474849 51>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox 360 - come and play with me
    Posted: May/10/2011 at 10:39am
Yea I got whooped online in starcraft 1. I would prolly just play the campaign and some multiplayer games against the computer.

Isn't Battlefield just the same thing as cod but not as good?
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 10:43am
Originally posted by robsta

Yea I got whooped online in starcraft 1. I would prolly just play the campaign and some multiplayer games against the computer.

Homefront had decent reviews, but personally i dont think i would buy it. If you want shooters, why not play the original mw? I think it was the best compared to mw2/bops.

Sc2 is a lot of fun, its actually the only game i'm playing right now. Comp Stomp ftw.

Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 3:31pm

If having dedicated servers, destruction of the environment, long range bullet drop, and realistic physics makes it not as good, then yes.
"Don't think, just do."
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2011 at 10:48am
@redlego
I played the original mw to death already.

@evillives
hmm so your saying I should play battlefield?

I'll rent BF BC 3 and see if I like.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2011 at 1:34pm
If you like shooters, go with halo, gears. You should try battlefield for sure, totally different from mw style, more objectives and team work.
Woldo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Woldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2011 at 5:22pm
I can't wait for Battlefield 3!!!!
tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2011 at 5:23pm
i tried playing battlefield 2 and its so much more realistic from cod and it was so much harder to shoot
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2011 at 12:11pm
Yeah battlefield 3 looks sick.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2011 at 1:16pm

Originally posted by tomek77pl

i tried playing battlefield 2 and its so much more realistic from cod and it was so much harder to shoot

Yes battlefield incorporated actual physics into the game, way harder to shoot making the game more realistic. Also add in the objective and teamwork and etc. COD is more for people who like to go lone wolf

JibStick View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote JibStick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2011 at 3:03pm
Battlefield 3 already has graphics 10 times better than any other shooter out there right now gonna be a great game.
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2011 at 3:25pm

@redlego

@evillives

Yep, anyone who hasn't definitely should try it.
"Don't think, just do."
crispy5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote crispy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2011 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Evilives

@redlego

@evillives

Yep, anyone who hasn't definitely should try it.

You meant Battlefield: Bad Company 2, right?

Definitely a different feel than CoD. Looking forward to BF3.

No matter where you go, there you are.
seacow234 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote seacow234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 10:35pm
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2011 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by seacow234

GENTLEMEN...

KEEP REPOSTING, LAWL

hahaha nice, that is pretty funny.
"Don't think, just do."
tijoe9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tijoe9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2011 at 9:56am
can't wait for cod 8

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hf3fs/starting_may_22_students_buying_a_new_windows/
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2011 at 9:34pm
So soon, MW3.. :)

Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2011 at 2:58pm
HALO 4!!!

It's not Bungie does anyone know who is making Halo 4?

If it's anything like halo reach with stupid bloom and armor lock I'm not interested. We'll see I guess.
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2011 at 3:21pm
It says 343 Productions on the left and Microsoft Studios on the right at the end of the video below Halo 4.
"Don't think, just do."
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2011 at 4:03pm
DID SOMEONE JUST SAY BATTLEFIELD ISNT AS FUN?

Completely unbiased comparison:

good video debating why mw2 is broken and bfbc2 is good

tomek77pl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote tomek77pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2011 at 6:24pm
I tried Battlefield and i liked it it was kinda hard cuz i play cod but it was fun i like all shooter games but idk how people can hate on shooting games lol
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2011 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by tomek77pl

I tried Battlefield and i liked it it was kinda hard cuz i play cod but it was fun i like all shooter games but idk how people can hate on shooting games lol
I know, I like most all shooters, some more than others. I think the hard and competitive parts are what make most hate on shooters, I have friends who just won't play online shooters other than the Halo series because they say it's not fun. But I guess, to each his own really, I prefer the highly competitive games like COD and Battlefield, always doing the hardest settings for single player, and doing the online play alot.
"Don't think, just do."
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 7:56am
I think the biggest difference between Halo and COD/Battlefield is how quickly you die if someone sneaks up on you. In halo, if they're using a rifle, it's going to take a while to get shields down before you die, where you just die before you even know what hit you in COD.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 11:08am
Even though they are all fps, there are some pretty big minor differences mainly due to the timing of the game, realistic vs futuristic warfare. imo i think halo is the harder game to master
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by getkong

I think the biggest difference between Halo and COD/Battlefield is how quickly you die if someone sneaks up on you. In halo, if they're using a rifle, it's going to take a while to get shields down before you die, where you just die before you even know what hit you in COD.
Yea, that's why I think alot of my friends who aren't big FPS players don't like COD, because it's less forgiving than Halo.
Originally posted by RedLego

Even though they are all fps, there are some pretty big minor differences mainly due to the timing of the game, realistic vs futuristic warfare. imo i think halo is the harder game to master
I don't know if I would say it's per say harder, just that it is different than other fps games in terms of strategy. I don't play reach as often as Blops or BC2 so I'm not as good in them, but I can still hold my own in most game types as long as I know the maps.
"Don't think, just do."
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 1:48pm
I went from Halo (seriously like halo 1, 2 on console) to COD Black Ops and it was just straight up shell shock. But I'd agree one isn't harder than the other, just BO is more defensive and Halo more offensive. You never hear about campers in Halo like you do COD, haha. Not that they don't exist...
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote determined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2011 at 2:00pm
Played halo before on the original xbox and it was aight. Didn't hold my attention like what call of duty 4 did when i played it on the xbox 360.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 11:54am

Some games that i'm looking forward to pick up

Gears 3 - horde mode 2.0 seems really good

Batman Arkham City 

Battlefield 3

Maybe Street fighter vs tekken & mw3

rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by LittleShooey

I went from Halo (seriously like halo 1, 2 on console) to COD Black Ops and it was just straight up shell shock. But I'd agree one isn't harder than the other, just BO is more defensive and Halo more offensive. You never hear about campers in Halo like you do COD, haha. Not that they don't exist...

its because you are rewarded with killstreaks so you cant die to get your killstreak. but how do you do that since you have like zero defense? camp in a corner. thats one benfit to that shield system. but i also think it takes some fun out of the game. so it can go either way.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2011 at 5:43pm
speaking of halo, what do you think about the re-make of the original halo with better graphics and more maps/modes?  
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2011 at 10:21am
Originally posted by barnyard

speaking of halo, what do you think about the re-make of the original halo with better graphics and more maps/modes?  
I'm looking forward to it, loved the original and will be nice to have better graphics with new maps/modes. Hopefully Halo 4 isn't bad either, I honestly wish they would revert back to Halo 2/3 for the gameplay stuff and just cut out the armor lock n all that.

One a different note, anyone else see the new Hitman trailer? Definitely looking forward to this.
"Don't think, just do."
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2011 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Evilives

Originally posted by barnyard

I'm looking forward to it, loved the original and will be nice to have better graphics with new maps/modes. Hopefully Halo 4 isn't bad either, I honestly wish they would revert back to Halo 2/3 for the gameplay stuff and just cut out the armor lock n all that.

One a different note, anyone else see the new Hitman trailer? Definitely looking forward to this.

Haven't decided if i want halo 4 yet, will have to wait for more reviews and videos first. I do agree the abilities in reach did change the game, whereas the older halo was more straight up shooter. But out of all the abilities in reach i do like armor lock the most.

robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2011 at 8:07pm
Halo 2 and 3 took talent. They had a legit ranking system that accurately measured your talent. Now we have armor lock and noobs galore in Halo because of Reach. They ruined it IMO. If they get back to the basics Halo 4 will be sweet. I am pretty happy about that 10th anniversary Halo 1 game. I can't wait to play halo 1 online.
El_somers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
rhasta

Quote El_somers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2011 at 8:17pm
battlefield and gears are where its at
Rusty_OZ View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Rusty_OZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2011 at 5:26am
I live in Perth Australia. Xboc=x live out here blows, we get laggy games all the time and I really hate it (the lag, not the games)
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2011 at 9:34am
I'm pretty excited to play the re-released Halo, too. I played it a ton my freshman year of college, and often had 8v8 on blood gulch with 4 xboxes hooked up in my fraternity house.
RedLego View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote RedLego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2011 at 3:41pm

Halo 2 and 3 took talent. They had a legit ranking system that accurately measured your talent. Now we have armor lock and noobs galore in Halo because of Reach. They ruined it IMO. If they get back to the basics Halo 4 will be sweet. I am pretty happy about that 10th anniversary Halo 1 game. I can't wait to play halo 1 online.

I do agree with that statement, I enjoy the older halos compared to Reach myself. The new abilities can get really annoying, and really cheap if you know how to use them.

I have not decided if i want halo 4 yet, too early to tell. I have pre ordered gears so i'm excited for that.

Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2011 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by RedLego

I do agree with that statement, I enjoy the older halos compared to Reach myself. The new abilities can get really annoying, and really cheap if you know how to use them.

I have not decided if i want halo 4 yet, too early to tell. I have pre ordered gears so i'm excited for that.

I agree the abilities can make it really annoying, but reach did improve the graphics a good amount. I usually just play the swat gametype so there are no abilities besides sprint, which I like.

I agree that it is too early to tell whether or not Halo 4 will be a good buy, halo anniversary looks like a definite buy though.
"Don't think, just do."
vlvin View Drop Down
Burton Stash - Remarkables, New Zealand
  Quote vlvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 10:55pm
dollars accounted for 21% (compared with last year rose 20 percentI think that negotiations should be able to reach an agreement within the time not too long high quality Herve Leger Strapless With the passage of timeand in the establishment of the most successful racing team has achieved great successwith a Peregrine-shaped counterbalanceplaced in a horizontal aperture under 12 o'clockMonth Display Semi-instantaneous indicate with Arabic numerals
vlvin View Drop Down
  Quote vlvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 10:55pm
dollars accounted for 21% (compared with last year rose 20 percentI think that negotiations should be able to reach an agreement within the time not too long high quality Herve Leger Strapless With the passage of timeand in the establishment of the most successful racing team has achieved great successwith a Peregrine-shaped counterbalanceplaced in a horizontal aperture under 12 o'clockMonth Display Semi-instantaneous indicate with Arabic numerals
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
vlvin View Drop Down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 51>