Local
Local
here today, gone to tahoe

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you recommend Sierra-
    Posted: Feb/20/2007 at 8:14am

Just came across the company-customer pact today: 5/26/08

http://www.ccpact.com/

Remember when you first arrived to an online store or community?  It can be an extremely intimidating and overwhelming experience.  It's very helpful for our new guest to hear from other shoppers/community members to gauge whether or not an online business is one that they can trust and expect what any normal online shopper should.  We work extremely hard to foster an environment where our users feel welcomed and comfortable and their input is not only listened too, but incorporated immediately into the site.  Over the last year and a half we have built up an incredible base of snowboarders and skiers whose shared interests have continually inspired us to improve this site.  

Many price comparison engines such as pricegrabber offer "Store Ratings", to offer shoppers insight to new stores.  After listening to our community members, it seems that the users feel a lot of these are general ratings that seem a little fake and contrived.  Please feel free to share your specific experience with us to help out other customers understand the close nit group of individuals here at Sierra and within our community.   Plus, after a long day here at work, it's great for our staff to read that all the little things they do each day are appreciated... (ie: I called in after placing my order to upgrade my shipping and Beth said that the order was already packaged and waiting for ups to pick it up.  She went and looked through all the boxes, found my order and placed a new 3 day shipping label on it.  Thanks so much Beth!)

Please note, to help us improve our system any negative post will need to provide some detail so everyone understands the situation, otherwise they may be deleted at our discretion.  Cheers, Sierra

Cheers Everyone!

Sierra%20Snowboard%20&%20Ski

MySpace%20LogoFacebook%20LogoYouTube%20LogoSierra%20Community

gsrrr View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
shred ze gnar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2007 at 8:29am
i recommend sierra to everyone i know. some friends even say that i work for you guys. LOL but you just cant beat the deals found here.

those pricegrabber/bizrate and other price comparison search engines are kind of weak. i use froogle to try to find deals.  but it doesnt hurt to cover all your bases and be a part of those search engines.  other stores need the "store ratings" because they do not have a forum with a good community base that supports the store and help answer the many questions a new customer/member has. to end this i would just like to say that sierra rocks. thanks guys.

Edited by gsrrr - Feb/20/2007 at 8:32am
Dr. Nu-Nu View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Burton Logo

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2007 at 8:40am
A shop always begins with it's core staff, and SierraSnowboard has a great staff that not only has the knowledge but also rider experience of all their products in the store. Got a specific question, these guys will go out of their way to give you all the facts and rider experience to help you choose your gear. If one Sierra staff member hasn't ridden it, another has. SierraSnowboard also has a great community member base that are more than willing to help you with any problems or questions you may have. Tired of the negative banter and demeaning comments on other forums. There's none of that here! All good vibes with a community that treats one another as a family. Got a problem with a shipment? Only expect a timely response putting the customer first with his/her requests. Returns? Not a problem, package your item back up ship it back to SierraSnowboard and get a full refund. And don't forget all that they do for the sport, autograph signings, snowboarding movie premieres at the shop, discounts on lift tickets, contests and giveaways. And don't forget about the rock bottom prices. There is no other retailer out there that will give you the prices that SierraSnowboard does. When shopping at SierraSnowboard, only expect good things to come out of it. So come and drop by, give a shoutout and tell SierraSnowboard how much you appreciate what they have done for the sport.
synth101 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2007 at 11:58am
I would highly recommend Sierra.  I've been in several times, looking for gear, asking questions, etc.  The staff members have all been friendly and they don't treat you like an idiot. I felt free to ask even the simpliest questions. I've been in other board shops and the staff act pretentious towards you, not true at Sierra. One staff member, i think his name is Mario, took the time and helped my daughter pick out a board. Thanks again.
hoon View Drop Down
Guest Gear Expert

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2007 at 5:17am
always recommend it if someone is looking to buy online.
2010? More Like 1910
Saffy View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2007 at 10:35am
I will recommend Sierra to anyone who wants to buy snowboard online.

The price here is very reasonable and staff are courteous.
blulegend View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2007 at 5:42pm
I've been recommending sierra to everyone I know hands down!  I wish there was some sort of referral thing but I guess that could get out of hand.  I also wish the shipping charges were less like some other online retailers.
petercyeh View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2007 at 12:22pm
Sierra really is the best.  I buy everything from here.  And will probably get new board and bindings once they throw up the free shipping.  Top notch service on top of great prices.
onejollycat View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2007 at 1:04pm
i would definately recommend sierra!!! i ordered my bindings on a thursday and got them on a monday!! fast shipping, inteligent staff, what more can u ask for in a snowboard shop (oh ya and the prices arent to bad eitherWink)
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2007 at 2:30pm
Sierra ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!  I have ordered a bunch of gear from them and it has always been top notch service!!!!!  The community/forum is AWESOME!!!  I have learned a ton of stuff on there, plus there is a ton of nonsnowboarding topics that gives you insight as to what other intrests members have.  I always recommend sierra to people who are looking for anything snowboard related.
www.chargeharder.com
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2007 at 4:40pm
The store isn't perfect.  The online advice at times is a little shaky (sometimes not thorough enough, sometimes doesn't answer all the questions), the online ratings for stiffness and flex are inconsistent (and occasionally outright wrong), and they are definitely not the best at letting you know all the features a particular board has (carbon i-beam, type of base, sidewall vs. cap, etc).

But they're much better than any other online store out there (Dogfunk especially comes to mind, their live help is useless).  In-store they are incredibly friendly and helpful, even when you ask questions that make you look like a gaper.  And their prices simply cannot be beat.  Let me paste something the local Palmer rep told me when I was interested in buying a Centric off him...

"To be honest, you can get almost as good of a deal thru Sierra which is offering some of the most aggressive discounts in the country."

Pretty much says it all.  They have some things they could work on, but if they carry something and I have time to wait for it or pick-up, I will buy it from them.  Period.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
willygood View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2007 at 5:09pm
I just ordered Burton Inspiration, Missions, and Ruler from this place. Havent recived it yet but this place definatly has one of the best prices.

Some problems are, the shipping costs are high and some of the staff are not very active. I see alot of staff members and some of them havent even got on since december. Im sure they have to working behind the scenes but im just pointing it out.

If you like to buy for cheap, this is the site for you Tongue

I will post with more when my order comes in ( cant find out when it will because no UPS tracking number yet AngryConfused)

Edited by willygood - Feb/26/2007 at 2:34am
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2007 at 1:08am
i've always shopped at Sierra in-store. the people there are always real chill and if you got questions about anything, they usually have the answers for you. it's also great that a good amount of the boarders there demo LOTS of stuff. they usually have a lot to say, recommend, and suggestions on products. a lot of times, i can never really trust peoples' opinions about gear, they're usually biased towards what they've experienced and the like.

but no lie, a lot of their reviews are very good and very well worded. i remember when i was checking out a bunch of boards just to see what other gear i could possibly buy, i tested the flexes, weight, some of the boards i had a chance to test on the mountain if a friend had one or what not (Sierra doesn't demo, FYI) and the descriptions and reviews were almost exact!

not mention they have some of the best prices around. they were doing 30% off long before any other places were doing 20% off! plus, they've been doing 40% off everything since like early Feb, i think, while many other places are still sitting at 20% off or less!

great place. no joke. shop here. be happy. Big%20smile
peace.
trefrog74 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2007 at 8:38pm
Pros:  Most competitive prices on the market.  I always come here first when looking for items.  Community has gotten quite large, so the knowledge base is really good when needing advice.  Inventory is incredible.

Cons: Not really a con for them, but the community and awareness has gotten so large that it's hard to get that really good board deal late in the season,ie, High End Burton boards.  Shipping charges are high, but a bit of a trade off for practically stealing items at 50%, ie, Burton Cartel $109. 

I believe this store can be darn near perfect by reducing shipping costs.

I always recommend this store to people, as I just picked up the 2007 Salomon Special and 07 burton Cartels for $350!!! The price for your average board alone.  INCREDIBLE!!!
ME: 2006 Burton Air 157, 2006 Burton Missions, 2006 Burton Rulers.
My Girlfriend: 2006 Arbor Push 156, 06 Burton Emeralds, 07 Burton Lexas.
trewyn15 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2007 at 4:18am
how can you not like sierra? they have the best prices around...
amylynn86 View Drop Down
Local
Local
aka SoCal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2007 at 9:14am
when I ordered a waxing iron (at a huge discount) i got tracking information immediately and the package arrived in 2 days. very good service.

the forums have a lot of information and knowledged people that are happy to answer question.

I guess the only main con is that they only really know (and recommend) the boards that they carry in the store and don't seem to have any opinions on other brands like Arbor & Atomic (those are the only ones i really asked about)

Then again, i wasn't able to find many reviews as detailed as Sierra's on the rest of the internet, and most other reviews just quoted the boards selling pitch on the company website where as Sierra actually has something new to say
Boards: 152 Palmer Liberty Carbon, 147 Barrett Christy Gnu <br />Bindings: Burton Escapades <br />Boots: 32 Prions <br /> <br />Fa Kin Su Pah
sarajane01 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2007 at 8:29pm
Would I recommend Sierra?  Damn Straight!

Talk about customer service - and they aren't just nice, they're GOOD! 

Here's my story...

I haven't purchased skis since before they made parabolics - that should tell you how dumb I was when I starting looking!  I'm actually a decent skier, just hadn't hit the slopes in many moons, until this year. 

I learned a lot just running all over the site- from Sierra Jim's classification of skis, to the ski finder, to reading the 'Ask The Staff' forum postings and replies, to my favorite- the Gear Reviews.  So much information, even recommendations for lengths!

Now, I'm a stickler for researching, so I too covered all my bases.  I ran around to all of the usual sites- bargain bins that sell everything, auction sites, small shops that specialize, larger sporting good chains, etc.  They didn't give a tenth of the information that Sierra does, and to boot, those other places prices were nearly double!!!  

So, after weeks of research and talking to a few people in stores locally, I have my new boots, and was ready to drop the hammer and get some awesome skis.  I jumped on to the forum and asked a million questions, and I wanted it all in one ski.  Tall order, right?  PIA customer, right?  I had a few specific skis I was hoping for feedback on, and I got the best response.  They even told me great things about one of the skis that they no longer have in stock.  Now, that's what I call amazing customer service!  I'll always know that I'm getting honesty here! 

I love the personalities of the people who helped me.  I'm a forever customer, and I just bought my hubby a great pair of skis from here.  We're way excited!  I'm telling all of my friends about Sierra- just wish y'all were closer to me, I'd buy you a beer!
Sara
Bethm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2007 at 10:31am
Thanks Guys for all the feed back it helps us out with our customer service and merchandising the site.
Hey sarajane01 we'll take you up on that beer! Big%20smile 
NSinMT View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2007 at 12:49am
I would definitely recommend Sierra.  I ordered a pair of Foursquare pants a month ago.  I received them 3 days after the order was placed.  The prices are the best around.  I just wish I could come see the store in person.  I live in Montana and we have great snow up here, but we could really use a store like yours.  You guys offer great prices and always have some special or giveaway going on.  I bet it is an awesome place to work at.  Please come open a store in Montana!  Thanks a lot Sierra!
appleonius View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2007 at 4:46pm
since the 99 boards & 30 misc stuff, i've recommended SS to everyone that likes to ride. just love this sale. it's cheaper to buy than rent. i'll def. look here from now on. i'd even buy from here if the price was a tad bit higher just b/c you guys have hooked it up during the last month. thanks again!
Guests View Drop Down
Burton Stash - Remarkables, New Zealand
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2007 at 3:57pm
all i can say is

SIERRA IS SEXY
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2007 at 3:57pm
all i can say is

SIERRA IS SEXY
Guests View Drop Down