Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
danbergan View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you recommend Sierra-
    Posted: Apr/15/2008 at 11:04am

Sierra Customer Care Response: Please note, to help us improve our system here any negative post will need to provide some detail so everyone understands the situation, otherwise post may be deleted at a reasonable discretion. 

Thank you,
Sierra Staff

-------------------

Another reason not to trust Sierra (and a reason to NOT recommend them to anyone I know) -- my post was just removed...

Why?  Is this an open forum or not?  If you are going to have a thread like this, then you should allow honest responses, positive and negative.

Basically, I had said that, No, I would not recommend Sierra.  In fact, I have already done the opposite.  I have told a family member NOT to order from Sierra because their customer service very poor.
Croupier View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2008 at 1:47am
Yeehaaa my new boards arrived today, again really fast shipping, 5 days from the US of A to OZ, excellent job sierra. A few more months till I head off to NZ again, I'll let you all know how the Stairmaster holds out.

Peace.
Croup.............

berniee View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2008 at 3:09pm

Yes, I would recommend Sierra Snowboard to anyone who is interested in getting into sport or anyone who is looking to upgrade equipment. The kid's buyback program is fantastic. All the staff are excellent. Any online question you post, the staff will respond within 24 hours.

I am a 50 year old female snowboarder who has been in the sport for the last fifteen years. The store, equipment, clothing, online giveaways, and staff are the best.

Bernie
Lovey View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2008 at 9:11pm
Would I ever.
Firstly I asked here for a recommendation for a set of skis, which was answered in a quick and helpful manner.
I then started hunting around on the web to find some prices for one of the recommended skis (Fischer Cold Heat).  I initially checked here at SS, but I found a slightly cheaper price on another site.  A few days later I decided to make the purchase and I checked back here at SS and found that they had reduced their initial sale price.  Combine that with their great shipping rate, and I was sold.
Order placed on Thursday the 24th of April and they arrived here in Oz on Tuesday the 29th of April, I'm one very happy camper.
I would highly recommend Sierra Snowboard, especially for their fantastic advice and service.
Steve.
druskies View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2008 at 9:59pm
i love sierra :)
Just got my custom x :D:D
pretty quick delivery too even though i had to go through a mail forwarding company
fortuno67 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2008 at 12:15pm
Sierrasnowboards.com has it all. There's one thing that keeps me dedicated to sierra snowboard.com, their free shipping!  I live in hawaii and no other online site offers to ship it via UPS for free! That alone is a HUGE SAVINGS! I had shopped around on other sites for a snowboard and board bag, then inputed my zip code for checkout. The shipping was outrageous! Also no one else can beat their selection and prices. This site is addicting!
Big%20smile
owhat View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2008 at 11:39pm
IM in Australia and my shipping of 2 boards was only 3 working days.
BEST SERVICE AND BEST PRICE
THANKS GUYSSmile
al View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2008 at 2:24am
EVERYONE AT SIERRA THANKS ALOTSmile

I GOT EVERYTHING I ORDERED IN ONE WEEK ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO BUYS ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE I GIVE SIRRA 100%.
I WAS SORT OF WORRIED PURCHSING CONSIDERING IM FROM AUSSIE THAT I WOULD NOT GET MY ORDER BUT IT CAME IN ONE WEEK. CHEERS GUYS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORKBig%20smile
THE
10571z View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2008 at 2:49pm
Sierra 10/10 from me

shipping was fast

setup cost $350 was advertised here in australia for $850 on special at a shop near me.

Amazing
Civicforever View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
mx5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2008 at 8:59pm
I recommend you guys all the time. That, and all of my orders have come through greatly within a week or so to NY (with the exception of one board bag, but that was an inventory system error).

That...and I give people heads up about the giveaway, especially after winning my CHB :)
hoppuspears View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2008 at 3:10am
Already have. My mate bought 2 pairs of forces and 2 forum landers of here thanks to me wooh.
Hbzfinest View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
me

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2008 at 11:00am
Hell yeah i would recommend you guys, and have to a few friends of mine already.  Ive also told people so sign up accounts and join the commmunity.
Ransak78 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2008 at 12:47pm
I have.
I told my friend Overkill127 about Sierra and now he is an active member and recently bought a Ride Fleetwood and Ride LX bindings
08/09 days: 6 1/2
VangO View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2008 at 7:17pm

I recommend Sierrasnowboard to all my buddies. Not only that, my sister recommended Sierrasnowboard to me.

tigercats View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2008 at 5:26pm
of course i already told a ton of kids bout it they all love it and are going to buy a lot of stuff
co99xj View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2008 at 7:06am
I've never had a problem and will continue to recommend Sierra to my friends. Great prices, fast processing, and free shipping are why I continue to shop here.  It's unfortunate that a few shoppers have had problems but open and honest communication is the key to getting issues resolved. 
k2mix721 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 12:54pm
I recommend SS all the time. Anybody that I know or meet knows about SS. I have placed A LOT of orders and have gotten them ALL exactly 7 business days from the time they ship which is usually the next day. Customer service is nice if you call and everyone is always willing to help online. LAST BUT NOT LEAST AWESOME PRICES AND FREE SHIPPING!Big%20smile

Also to anyone that has had a "bad" experience here and wont come back, its alright because you left more for the people who are actually going to get their items and appreciate the sweet prices and awesome people that work here. Just remember SS staff are humans too and mistakes can happen so be niceTongue
When ur riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live! -Bob Marley
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 1:51pm
yea im with k2, i recommend SS all the time, great prices, great service and a great community. you cant find that at any other site

Shop_Masta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2008 at 2:28pm
AMEN TO SIERRA!!!!
despotic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2008 at 6:56am
Sierra makes me want to name all my children Sierra. Even the boys will rock their names with pride! 
octopus View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2008 at 3:20pm
without a doubt   YES!

i have had unbelievable customer service from sierra, i mention them to everyone interested in gear.

thanks again for excellent serviceBig%20smile
shop_45296 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2008 at 4:20pm
of coarse.  sierra's unbeatable prices and extremely personable staff make it a no-brainer.
ive only gone away from sierra once because they dont carry all brands (i was looking for a pair of spy goggles.)
despotic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2008 at 4:32pm
i recommend sierra to all my friends. a friend of mine actually just ordered a new board, boots, and bindings from here Big%20smile
souljah View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2008 at 10:31pm
Sierra is the best online shop I met. And not only because of the lowest prices but the customer service is great!!!

Thank you, David! You did a lot! Clap
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2008 at 9:48am
I just recently found this site not too long ago and i've been already recommending this to friends and family. Not to mention bought a Vapor 08, the board i was trying to find for cheap for a while. While there are other sites that's similar, none of them can beat this price and still have a large stock in sizes as well. Just really regretting not finding this site earlier.
As for customer service, just go to the advice and chat, ask a question, and almost guarentee that not only the staff members will assist you, but the community as well.

dreamsINdigital View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2008 at 9:51am
Absolutely!  I already have and my friend even won a snowboard in the daily giveaway. Smile
airboard1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2008 at 9:35pm
I have already recommended Sierra to my family and friends.
Lib Tech TRS BTX 154,Burton Air 153
Xyclonus View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2008 at 10:06am
Sierra > *
O.G. Peanut View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2008 at 9:36am
I would still recommend Sierra.  I have had a few problems with recent orders, (oversold, site function) and I understand the situation with the sale and the website glitches etc.  While I am not pumped about the issues, after contacting Sierra they have always offered fair and satisfactory resolutions. 

I think the measure of a company is how they respond to customers when there is a problem, and Sierra has been great.
airik View Drop Down
Local
Local
here today, gone to tahoe

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2008 at 9:39am
Thanks for understanding O.G...we do make mistakes, but first work to help the customer out in any way we can and secondly to fix the root of the problem...happy holidays!
mlee922 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2009 at 4:20pm
I was recommended here last night and I'm already recommending others.
uspdan View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2009 at 9:46pm
absolutely. I have several friends who I turned onto Sierra.

The prices can't be beat, the service is unreal, the community forum as a whole is full of awesome people and they do daily give aways for some sweet gear. No other sites do that, that I'm aware of.

keep up the awesome work guys.
Dit2010 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2009 at 5:23pm
SS is the best online store that I have visited and bought from and probably will ever. They have great service, everything is priced amazingly, and plus free shipping. Also the forum community is great. I highly recommend this cite to all my friends those that just getting into snowboarding and those that have been doing it for a while.
Jroses View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2009 at 1:06am
of course i'd recommend sierra. i've already stopped multiple friends from buying any snowboarding related stuff from other places and told them to check you guys out. haha
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2009 at 5:26am
Sierra is top notch!

All my orders have been shipped within the 24hrs, and always arrive on time. sometimes even faster!
The staff is more than helpful, very knowledgeable & dedicated AND they actually care :-)
They have great goals as a company, and they take responsibility for any issues that arise - they deal with it, and try to prevent it from happening again.

-----------------------------------

* on a side note, i would like to recommend no one shop at tightboards.com (boardparadise.com), I placed and order for some snowpants with them, and you have to call to confirm your order with them... because apparently they get a lot of fraud? I never received a notification that my order was shipped so I spent about 2 days trying to reach them. their phone service is horrible and I needed to know if it was shipped or not because I had to drive to NY to pick it up (along with another package that was ALREADY at the UPS store). I left numerous messages and emails asking them to get in touch with me. The staff was nice when I actaully reached them - they never answered any of my msgs. I was given a partial tracking number for my order (oops they forgot some numbers so it was useless to have). at the end of our conversation I mentioned that I had some beef and that their phone service was horrible. The lady who was very nice then got very snappy and offended. and pretty much hung up on me... im pretty sure they have no inention of improving their customer service.

Also, they list items on their website as 'in stock' but they have them shipped by the manufaturer so they dont actually even have them in store. for example, my brother ordered some Union Force-MC's from them at a great price. so he did... he waited and waited. nothing happened. nothing was shipped. theyre impossible to reach, after many days of trying he asked me if i could call them. their phone service basically tells you you are in a que for 5, you wait on hold for a minute and a half - then you get a phone inbox you can either leave a msg (that they wont respond to) or you can call them back and wait on hold for 1.5mins and do it all over again. so i called them for about half an hour... thats like 15 calls. finally talked with someone. they explained that they send the order to the manufac (Union)... so i called union and they were in fact doing this and they hadent recieved the order yet.

Turns out there were no MC's left - and its been over a month and my brother has still not been refunded for his order. I have to spend some time today on the phone trying to reach them again. lovely. I try to keep a temper when calling these places but its hard. I know its not the CS peoples fault, but their company is so difficult to deal with... its frustrating.

thats my .02$ (CND hah)...
fostpaint View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2009 at 6:02am
Would I recommend Sierra? Sure, but not for all things.
If I know what I want, Sierra has the best deals in town (and that town is the whole freaking interwebs). If I don't know what I want, I would recommend Sierra's online staff and community as an awesome resource (though some time spent in the community to know who really has the experience to back up the answer makes it easier to weed through the crap).

However, when I've got a specific product question, that's where I think sierra can sometimes fall short to other online retailers (like Backcountry). Case in point, I was thinking about ordering my son a Helmet, and really liked Red's adjustable strap system for the "hat band" area. I was trying to understand if the Smith Holt Jr, with it's wide size range listed for the one size available, had a similar feature. I called customer service and talked to someone who supposedly pulled the helmet out to look and told me that, no, the helmet was not adjustable. In looking around online I got info to the contrary, and decided to order anyway. As it turned out, the helmet was fully adjustable to my Grom's head, so I was pleased in the end, but a little frustrated with the pre-purchase misinformation.

That all said, I'll continue to buy all my gear from Sierra if I can get it here (no Neversummer! Cry) and will continue to send all my friends and family here to do the same. I'll just make sure they've done some research first.
itch808 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2009 at 7:18pm
I just had my first experience purchasing with Sierra and I must say that I'm impressed!

After I made my purchase there was drastic price drop, so I emailed Sierra about this and got a response with a gift card for the difference within a day!  No runaround whatsoever!  In this day and age, that's amazing!  I will continue to check and make Sierra my number one choice in the future!
fireysnow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
newboard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2009 at 10:09am
i wish id found sierra before id bought my new boots n board bag- i mightve been able to afford new bindings if i had!
ive only been on here a few days but i think its great- the giveaways, massive discounts. but i think one of the best thing is that its a rly active community, alot of sites u login after a week and nothing new has been posted, here theres always new interesting stuff to read,

so yea i would recomend- infact i already have
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2009 at 12:55pm
SS has the best selection and prices that I know of in NorCal. I recommend it to everyone I know, even though it's about a two hour drive. At least it's on the way to Tahoe. Big%20smile
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
lbparalist View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2009 at 5:34pm
i would recommend Sierra.
even though i haven't been here long i would.
the price here is nice and my intuition says that the customer service is great.
SIERRA IS THE BEST!!!!
Ajaxthe2nd View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2009 at 9:03pm
Sure, I would recommend Sierra as the prices on sale items cannot be beat and the forums have a lot of knowledgeable members. But in the same breath I would also voice my concern about the slow shipping and poor email support. Let me explain.

I placed my first two orders with Sierra on 1/15/09 which was a Thursday at 4:06 am and 4:10 am Eastern Time (1:06 am and 1:10 am Pacific Time which is where Sierra is). Now according to the Help Center - Orders placed at or before noon Monday-Friday will be sent out that day. So I figure great, they will go out Thursday and arrive in more than enough time for my snowboarding trip on the 25th.  Well I checked the tracking on Friday and it says the same thing as it did Friday - "Billing Information Received". I figured something happened for what ever reason and they would go out Friday. WRONG! So now I know they will not go out until Monday. OK, no problem. If they go out Monday they should still get to me by Friday. 2 days before I leave on my trip. Well they end up leaving Monday afternoon but are not due to arrive until the 26th. Now I understand that once UPS has them that it is in their hands but they sat at Sierra for two days!
I sent Sierra an email Monday night at 10:44 Eastern time asking what gives expecting a reply email Tuesday only to receive nothing!

But it gets better. 1/17/09 I end up ordering a set of Burton Freestyles. Now Sierra says if an order is placed on a weekend, it will go out Monday. Well it is now well past closing time on Tuesday and it still has not been shipped! Now the bindings would have been nice to take as they are for my brother as a gift but they won't be here in time.

Now I understand that Sierra has been getting busy but I've worked retail and maybe some part time seasonal help is needed. I also understand that mistakes happen but both my orders were delayed in shipping and my inquiry email not replied to. I will say again though, the prices are phenomenal and are hands down the best but there are problems with the shipping and email support.

Follow up: A thank you is in order to Sierra. After speaking with UPS about having the package held at my local hub vs home delivery, I phoned Sierra as only the shipper can make that change to which was done within 20 minutes or so(got a call back to let me know was taken care of). I also asked about the email and why there hasn't been a response. As it turns out, they never got it. I sent another email and received prompt replies to everyone of them. I have also placed 3 subsequent orders which were all shipped with the quickness.

To sum up, Sierra made everything right and surpassed my expectations. They continue to as well with amazing prices, free shipping, and not to mention all the free gear they giveaway. How many shops do you know of that give stuff away EVERYDAY! Last week they gave away one complete setup(boots, bindings, board) of your choice everyday!!! Wild!

Thanks to Mike and everyone at Sierrasnowboard.com

You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world
Snowboardnoob View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2009 at 3:35pm
Although I am slightly annoyed that the particular board in my size was oversold by 1 (that unfortunate 1 being my order), I am more annoyed that I had to follow up with customer service before anything happened.

My story: I placed an order on tuesday for an option mirror 149. I called wed. to change the shipping address and was told everything would be fine. Thursday and friday pass with no update on my order.

Finally on monday, I call and ask what the deal is. I'm told that my board has been oversold and that I will be refunded. I guess thats fine but I was slightly ticked that i had passed up all of the other 99 dollar sales that I could have jumped on but didn't because I thought that I had gotten this board. Customer service did offer me a 20 dollar coupon though so I guess its ok. Although, in my opinion I would have liked to have been compensated in another manner seeing as it was completely their fault. Something like getting first dibs on the 09 sales or a really good deal on a 09 board right now would be fair to me. I'm not looking to get free stuff or to make a profit, just to get a good deal that I thought I was getting, but I lost due to Sierra's error.

It would have been better if customer service had called me on say.... thursday when they charged my credit card for the order instead of just sitting on it and hoping that it went away by itself. To me its pretty unacceptable for my credit card to be charged for merchandise and for a customer service rep to tell me my order was fine, only to find out through my own means that the board was oversold.

If kyla from customer service wants to contact me to work some other arrangement out then that'd be nice, but if not I'm content with the 20 dollar coupon. I had to be brief with her this morning as I was in a hurry to get to class so she did the best that she could.

So in the end i guess no new board for me for the rest of the season. Oh well it is what it is.

All in all, would I recommend sierra to others? Not as of yet, but I have faith that the next time they have a sale, I'll be able to get something for a killer price that hopefully wont be oversold and then I'll be able to recommend them! Smile

tigercats View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2009 at 11:37am
sierra is awesome, of course i'd reccomend it
snoflomojo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2009 at 5:59pm
I would definitely recommend Sierra!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2009 at 5:59pm
Can someone please edit the title. It's embarassing to see the word recommend spelled wrong.
Point Whore View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2009 at 7:07pm
yes sierra is great and i reccommend them in everyway possible
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2009 at 9:58pm
I would definitely recommend Sierra.
Powder Princess View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2009 at 7:14pm
I recommend Sierra all the time!!!  It is the best place to buy stuff.  Great prices.  Free Shipping.  I have never had a problem with shipment.  Great community, and they even give back to their community with free giveaways!  What more can anyone ask for? Tongue
brianb View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2009 at 12:04am
I just bought my new board and 2 sets of bindings from them. Very fast on the shipping and everything was perfect. When i placed my board order i had called in with some questions and the customer service was top notch! Killer prices and free shipping you cant go wrong!
09 gnu chb mtx,forum republic bindings,dc judge boots
neilb View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2009 at 6:36am
I have and will recommend Sierra. In fact my roommate bought a T6 from here because I pointed him to this site (can I get a kickback? haha).

I really like the community here. A lot of people are helpful and there aren't too many jerks. The giveaways are great, the prices are great, and Sierra has a pretty good selection too. I got good advice from the staff when I wanted a new board and bindings. The shipping has been always been prompt with items sent out within 48 hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>