Post your boards (Pictures or GTFO)

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 8586878889 90>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post your boards (Pictures or GTFO)
    Posted: Aug/08/2012 at 2:26pm
Yeah they have been around for a while, they were huge like stated above. Then they made some not so great marketing decisions and lost some of the American sales. They stayed huge in Europe and Canada. The late few years thh have been trying to get the American market back so they started signing more riders that are known over here. Tadashi Fuse, Antti Autti and Nick Visconti. Some of the old designers moved on and starte Capita, Union and Coal.

As far as the way the board rides I am not sure yet. It is a freestyle twin tip board with camber under foot and rocker in between. I think it may be a little soft for me but we shall see.
Hope that answers your questions.

Charlie
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by steezemisterr

I've never heard of the company Drake before. What type of riding do you use that setup for?
It's an old brand from the '90s as others have said. I thought they went under a long time ago, but Drake had a rebound of popularity in the last few years. Can't say the same for some of its compatriots of that decade-ago vintage, like Liquid Snowboards. Drake stuff has always been mediocre at best and very competitively priced, sells really well at the retail level. It's a pretty popular brand up here in Canada alongside Firefly, Lamar, and Roxy for the entry-level and market.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2012 at 5:59pm
I will have to disagree with the mediocre statement. Drake/Northave makes quality gear. They have a few bindings that are entry level just like a lot of other companies. But their Reloads, SuperSports and Radar bindings are very similar to Unions Contacts, Forces and SLs.
As I stated before , the guys that started Union worked at Drake for several years.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 3:32am
^ Ditto what woodhomie said.  My buddy has been riding Drake binders for a few years now and prefers them over his other bindings. 

Besides, if Jerry loves the Drake...

Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 4:44am
I also want to mention that they have 20 years under their belt. This season being their 21st.

steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 5:44am
Thanks for all the info about Drake guys. It definitely seems like a good brand to check out when its time for some new gear.
JoeRocket1212 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeRocket1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 1:39pm

my free board from tru snow, thanks!
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by woodhomie1996

I will have to disagree with the mediocre statement. Drake/Northave makes quality gear. They have a few bindings that are entry level just like a lot of other companies. But their Reloads, SuperSports and Radar bindings are very similar to Unions Contacts, Forces and SLs.
As I stated before , the guys that started Union worked at Drake for several years.
To each their own. Here's my experience with Drake: my friend bought Drake bindings about 3 years ago. Had them for a weekend and the strap broke. Returned them to the store and was upsold an extra $30 for a higher end model. 1 week later, the buckle was coming off of the ankle strap. At this point, I asked to try out the bindings, and something felt weird with the highback. After one run, I take it inside and find out the heelcup is now cracked. Brilliant. He never rides park. He returned them and bought last season's Salomon bindings on clearance and never had a single issue. The store clerk was a 15 year+ rider and he said Drake stuff has always been unimpressive during his tenure.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 3:11pm
Fun.Kink 151 -- just picked this up a few weeks ago. First board!

koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Lux

To each their own. Here's my experience with Drake: my friend bought Drake bindings about 3 years ago. Had them for a weekend and the strap broke. Returned them to the store and was upsold an extra $30 for a higher end model. 1 week later, the buckle was coming off of the ankle strap. At this point, I asked to try out the bindings, and something felt weird with the highback. After one run, I take it inside and find out the heelcup is now cracked. Brilliant. He never rides park. He returned them and bought last season's Salomon bindings on clearance and never had a single issue. The store clerk was a 15 year+ rider and he said Drake stuff has always been unimpressive during his tenure.

Back when we sold Drake, they were some of the most popular bindings. I did have an incident in Mammoth when one of the straps broke. Took it to Wave Rave and those guys warrantied right over the counter. I passed that pair of F-60 Ltd to my ex-roommate years ago. He passed them off to his brother, who then passed them off to their sister. They were still using them as of last season. Despite my one incident, I would say they are very solid bindings. 

These were the ones:

Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2012 at 5:07am
Agreed to each thier own!
Just from my experience with Drake had been great. My first pair of drakes that I bought in 99/00 are still circulating some where in my circle of friends.
Nothing against Burton but back in the late 90's I broke a few heel cups but they were only warranties so I had to keep riding them until I could afford new bindings.

On another note I keep reading that this season is supposed to be amazing so we will all get to use our set-ups like they were supposed to be used.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2012 at 7:22am

On another note I keep reading that this season is supposed to be amazing so we will all get to use our set-ups like they were supposed to be used.
Amazing where?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2012 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Superorb

Amazing where?

Not sure where else but possibly in so cal.

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by koyota93

Amazing where?

Not sure where else but possibly in so cal.

We got screwed in CO last year, so this year should be better. Course, this was my 1st year in CO and it was still awesome compared to NC so I can't even imagine how amazing a normal year can be.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2012 at 5:31am
I will have to find the things that I have read. But honestly anything will be better then last season.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2012 at 6:53am
My WWW on the lift at Squaw last spring.
*edit: Sorry, I should've shrunk the pic Confused
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2012 at 7:08am
Here's my main 3 boards: K2 WWW 152 for park heavy days, Sierra RC 159 for most days, K2 Eldorado 166 for Powder. I took this pic just after putting on a summer wax coat at the end of last winter. Such a sad day.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 3:38am
[QUOTE=julius77]
/QUOTE]
Nice quiver! How do you like the K2 WWW? I have always wanted to try one but always thought it was going to be way too soft.
If I didn't get Drake gear for an AWESOME price I would probably have a K2 Happy Hour.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 8:04am
I thought about getting it too but I got a great deal on a Ride Kink at the end of the season so I couldn't pass it up.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2012 at 8:06am
I love the WWW. Definitely not a board you want to bomb on, but it's super playful and wicked fun. 152 is really short for me, so it's really maneuverable. I usually end up over-rotating spins because it's so small. Decent pop- soft, but not a noodle. It's a board you can really feel in complete control with, at lower speeeds.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 11:53pm
just started the new quiver off with this.  gave it a little mellow sticker love.  also realized 3/4 of the boards i'll be on have no real graphic, unless you count the mountain on the nose of the base on this and the fish.

sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 4:29am
Im not sure I can like anything more than the Indoor FK I rode last year.....but gonna give this a go!
Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 5:45am

Can't Wait To Get Back On The Snow This Season!!!!! Us with our favorite weapons from our snowboard quiver!

zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 7:55am
my new EVO:

-zakk

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 8:03am
Since we're posting KEystone pics, here's mine with my Reverse Crew that I won a few years ago.

Snow Day Colorado

Oinker View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Oinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 8:10am

Since we're posting KEystone pics, here's mine with my Reverse Crew that I won a few years ago.
SWEET!!! See You On The Hill This Season!!!! Hopefully we will get the epic snow year that many are predicting for the Rockies! We just got spoiled in 2010/2011. Either way i am so ready for the 90 degree temps to cease & the cold weather & snow to move in!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Oinker

SWEET!!! See You On The Hill This Season!!!! Hopefully we will get the epic snow year that many are predicting for the Rockies! We just got spoiled in 2010/2011. Either way i am so ready for the 90 degree temps to cease & the cold weather & snow to move in!

Us too! This summer has been a sweltering mess. We moved here last summer so we missed the epic season, but we still had a blast coming from NC. I look at the extended forecast every day hoping for the temps to drop so I can go MTBing during the day.

Probably won't get Epic passes this year since we got burned last season. Probably just get a 4Pack (free 5th day from Christy Sport) for each of us for Copper and then buy single days from CL.
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 8:51am
My friends new Drake Regent
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 11:44pm
airblaster collab happy hour

highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 1:06am
It didnt snow much last year in WVa. Rode this a lot  on the groomers . It rails carves

highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 1:14am
Would rather have this board out and in  conditions that it excels in though . Apparently the deer would too.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 1:40pm
got my last deck yesterday so i've got my full 2013 quiver, sans union chargers for the pow decks.  pulling out all of them makes me feel like a gear hussy  i've got quite the full spectrum though, besides an "urban board" or whatever.  also have my outdoor camber 56 but i don't know how much i'll ride it.  probably won't ride the crossrocket much either, but i'm supposed to give it a whirl for a while.

hover split 56
cheetah 59
fish LTD 56
charlie 58
happy hour 59
crossrocket 58
'03 parka 55
kwon 53

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 1:51pm
I really like the k2 happy hour graphics (or lack thereof).  Bummed that the 151 is the only color I'm not all that psyched about.

Random question for spenser if you see this, but which board, indoor or horrorscope would you say is most similar to the sierrascope?
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:01pm
Thrive Renegade 154
With Rome S90 Bindings
Bottom view

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

Random question for spenser if you see this, but which board, indoor or horrorscope would you say is most similar to the sierrascope?

hard facts on the sierrascope:

built exactly like an indoor FK
shape cut exactly like a horrorscope

so it's literally a slightly wider indoor FK.  the only difference in construction between it and the current indoor fk is that the sierrascope was a 2010 board, when the indoor fk had a carbon X in the middle.  the current one has two strips of carbon on each end.
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by spenser

got my last deck yesterday so i've got my full 2013 quiver, sans union chargers for the pow decks.  pulling out all of them makes me feel like a gear hussy  i've got quite the full spectrum though, besides an "urban board" or whatever.  also have my outdoor camber 56 but i don't know how much i'll ride it.  probably won't ride the crossrocket much either, but i'm supposed to give it a whirl for a while.

hover split 56
cheetah 59
fish LTD 56
charlie 58
happy hour 59
crossrocket 58
'03 parka 55
kwon 53

How do you like the Hover split...how would you compare it to a Malolo?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote spenser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 5:49pm
it's definitely a different ride but i can't say much yet.  first it's a split so the flex is a little different, and i've only ridden it in less than ideal (but still fun) conditions.  the snow was pretty heavy like hot spring pow when i rode it last year.  i will get a much better idea of it this preseason.

it's shorter and wider than a malolo and it's also full camber.  half the taper but with a more extreme shape and more setback, and the swallowtail.

obviously they both float great in pow though.  if you like the malolo and want to stick with that general shape or type of board, check out the freebird split, or any other one with similar specs to the malolo.  i know voile has a 20mm nose rocker split and i'm sure others do as well.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:07pm
Sierra RC and DC PBJ

youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 6:01am
The thrive graphics look better "in person" that I thought, slick-looking board lightning

-b
get bent
shwazy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote shwazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 6:09am
Originally posted by spenser

it's definitely a different ride but i can't say much yet.  first it's a split so the flex is a little different, and i've only ridden it in less than ideal (but still fun) conditions.  the snow was pretty heavy like hot spring pow when i rode it last year.  i will get a much better idea of it this preseason.

it's shorter and wider than a malolo and it's also full camber.  half the taper but with a more extreme shape and more setback, and the swallowtail.

obviously they both float great in pow though.  if you like the malolo and want to stick with that general shape or type of board, check out the freebird split, or any other one with similar specs to the malolo.  i know voile has a 20mm nose rocker split and i'm sure others do as well.

thanks for the description and recommendation :)  my malolo doesn't have the rockered nose...it is from the last year before they made the change over.
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 7:11am
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

The thrive graphics look better "in person" that I thought, slick-looking board lightning

-b

Yeah, it looks much better than the pics they have on the product page. I espcially like the middle part that shows the woodgrain underneath.
alphaod View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote alphaod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 9:44pm
This is the new addition to my quiver

2013 Burton X9 Flying V with Genesis EST bindings

-= alphaod =-
Current setups~
US: 12 Burton Vapor 159, 12 Burton Fishcuit 150, 12 Burton Diode EST
China: 13 Burton Custom X 158, 14 Cloudsplitter 158.3, 14 Burton Genesis EST
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 10:16pm
^^ Where/how the hell do you store all that gear?
Snow Day Colorado

Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 4:30am
My friends Bataleon Omni and Drake Reloads
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 11:24am

Just got that new Reverse Crew! Thanks TruSnow
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 10:22am

Finally posting a pic of our boards. Top 2 are wifey's (152 Burton FeelGood & 148 Sentury Enlighten). Bottom 2 are mine (160W Crew & 160W Reverse Crew)

Soon to be adding 2 more bindings to our repertoire as well: the Burton Lexa and Malavita (I think, I'm close to 3K pts)

giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 10:24am
@alpha - dope score! Love that board.

@rob - what year is that feelgood from? I like that two tone graphic. 
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 10:29am
I think its 2003.  The design across the FeelGood was pretty cool that year, because if you lined up all the different sizes in order from left to right it made one continuous graphic.  So they all linked together.  I'm not sure how many other brands do or have done that, but I just think it's a neat idea.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 10:37am
Here's a pic of my quiver so far. Just picked up the Union Contacts and the Youngbloood.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 90>